• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

I can totally see a Justice League and The Avengers movie.

Can you imagine the budget on that movie. :p

Will probably happen sometime in 2050.

A bit old, but just found this article from Batman News talking about not so talked about things that were revealed in the article.

Points of interest:

Number 10 makes me a bit nervous, but everything else is awesome and or interesting.

I think I read someone that said they read the article and the machine gun is referring to his Batmobile. If it isn't, I'm just assuming that's crazy nightmare desert Batman.

I can totally see a Justice League and The Avengers movie.

Can you imagine the budget on that movie. :p

Will probably happen sometime in 2050.

I really want them to reprint the Avengers/JLA and Marvel vs DC TP, I'm missing that from my collection.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So only Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are the only league members that are in the movie proper. Everyone else appears in the sepia toned post apocalyptic version.

Wasn't there that theory/rumour that that whole sequence was Wonder Woman or another amazonian foreseeing the future? Would explain why we're seeing other Leaguers ahead of time.

Picture of Post Apocalypse Cyborg

imperator-furiosa-to-return-in-mad-max-2-epic-backstory-revealed-charlize-theron-is-imp-484116.jpg

Pachimari

So only Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are the only league members that are in the movie proper. Everyone else appears in the sepia toned post apocalyptic version.
Have they said Cyborg, Green Lantern and Aquaman will all have post-apocalyptic looks?

Wasn't there that theory/rumour that that whole sequence was Wonder Woman or another amazonian foreseeing the future? Would explain why we're seeing other Leaguers ahead of time.
What sequence?

Tabby

Have they said Cyborg, Green Lantern and Aquaman will all have post-apocalyptic looks?

What sequence?

Well we've seen Aquaman so you can judge him for yourself.
Nothing was said about Cyborg and they haven't even announced who's playing Green Lantern so I doubt he's showing up in part 1.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Penguin

I can understand pushing for a female director but she says they tried to build the crew with as many women as possible. Seems a bit much but as long as the movie is good I don't care what they do, lol.

I think it's more a Hollywood thing to get more females involved on all levels.

And maybe some insight that a majority male staff couldn't offer

ReiGun

I think it's more a Hollywood thing to get more females involved on all levels.

And maybe some insight that a majority male staff couldn't offer

There's also the fact that people are becoming more aware of how hard it is for women in Hollywood.

If there's any movie you want the good press that comes from a majority female crew, it's this one.

Come next March DC could three entire films done shooting.

And the public doesn't really know who the big villain is for either one.

Still holding out for black adam in justice league. If we get a glimpse of him on set next year my hype level will be through the roof.

Penguin

We don't have an all-purpose comic book movie/entertainment thread, do we?

Was just thinking how strange it is, we're in a weird limbo where the next comic book movie is 5 months off, and nothing is currently filming.

It's a strange, strange cross-section we probably won't see for some time again

Was just thinking how strange it is, we're in a weird limbo where the next comic book movie is 5 months off, and nothing is currently filming.

Did Civil War wrap?

Shaanyboi

Banned

Until November with Wonder Woman starting. Then Justice League will probably start up as that finishes. Not to mention Dr. Strange.

ReiGun

Not thread worthy because even the site seems dubious on the rumor, but Sean Bean as Ares and Eva Green as Circe in Wonder Woman has me all tingling inside

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...-green-eyed-for-villain-roles-in-wonder-woman

I was holding out for a GoT actor to get Ares, but wanted Charles Dance. Not that Sean Bean wouldn't kill it, but you know....I want things.

Eva Green as Circe would be spot on, methinks. Need to see her with purple hair. :p

Still waiting on casting for Diana's true bae Etta Candy.

Wonder if we'll get new 52 ares or pre new 52.

I kind of like the idea of Sean as the antagonist, but he dies too early too often.

Eva green looks perfect for circe as well.

ryan299

Bryan Callen (hangover and Warrior) hosts a podcast and at the 1:01:15 mark he starts talking about how he audition to be in WW. Said that Chris Pine was there as well as Cate Blanchett. Now people are running with Blanchett being in WW. Odd

DaveH

Bryan Callen (hangover and Warrior) hosts a podcast and at the 1:01:15 mark he starts talking about how he audition to be in WW. Said that Chris Pine was there as well as Cate Blanchett. Now people are running with Blanchett being in WW. Odd
If we want to be skeptical... not that we have to be, but if we wanted to be... he said "real famous people like Cate Blanchett" which doesn't have to be Cate Blanchett.

However, she's a great actress, who isn't afraid of genre material, and who has a decent relationship with the WB so it does all fit nicely.

Callen's ties to Jenkins, FYI:

"Warrior (2011) co-writers Anthony Tambakis and Gavin O'Connor were introduced by comedian Bryan Callen, who plays himself in the movie alongside writer Sam Sheridan. Callen dated director Patty Jenkins for 9 years. She is now married to Sheridan."

Ahasverus

It's going to be Charlize and you know it.
The good part is that we're having an announcement very soon as the film starts shooting in 2 months. I have a very good feeling about WW, it just feels like the time and mindset is "right".

If we can't have all the movies succeed critically/financially, I'd love it if the ones outside Batman/Superman are great. There will always be a spot at the table for those two, I want to see the rest of the league enter pop culture.

If we can't have all the movies succeed critically/financially, I'd love it if the ones outside Batman/Superman are great. There will always be a spot at the table for those two, I want to see the rest of the league enter pop culture.

Aquaman is definitely already a part of pop culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom