• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardy was also pretty bummed out he couldn't be in Suicide Squad. Seems like he really likes the DCEU. I'm sure they'll offer him another big role.

i thought they offered him rick flagg and he eventually turned it down because he wasn't getting enough screen time or something

ReiGun

Aquaman is definitely already a part of pop culture.

As is Wonder Woman. I'd say the Flash is as well.

Seriously, even though we all know Supes and Bats are on another level, people act like they are literally the only DC heroes anyone has ever heard of or could pick out of a lineup.

As is Wonder Woman. I'd say the Flash is as well.

Seriously, even though we all know Supes and Bats are on another level, people act like they are literally the only DC heroes anyone has ever heard of or could pick out of a lineup.

green arrow was making his way to there too due to the show as well

guek

Banned
Even if for the wrong reasons...

Like the Superfriends shows have defined some of these characters for 30-40 years in the public's eye

Most of the original core league members are firmly implanted in the pop culture psyche but, like you've pointed out, a lot of it is really old.

i thought they offered him rick flagg and he eventually turned it down because he wasn't getting enough screen time or something

Shooting on the Revenant went WAY over schedule. IIRC it was supposed to wrap around April and rumors were stating it wouldn't wrap until August.

Not thread worthy because even the site seems dubious on the rumor, but Sean Bean as Ares and Eva Green as Circe in Wonder Woman has me all tingling inside

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...-green-eyed-for-villain-roles-in-wonder-woman

I read somewhere Cate Blanchett is rumoured for WW too.

I'm glad Hardy didn't do SS tbh, looks like Leto, Robbie and Smith are going to be stealing that show. Would rather Hardy headlined a property, or be a direct antagonist or something.

Yeah I worded it pretty oddly, what I meant is I want the other leaguers to be easy money status. Right now WBDC rarely green lights projects outsides of Batman (most of their cash cow), JL, Teen Titans & Superman. Thankfully Flash & Arrow is turning that around and hopefully these new movies will too.

Penguin

Yeah I worded it pretty oddly, what I meant is I want the other leaguers to be easy money status. Right now WBDC rarely green lights projects outsides of Batman (most of their cash cow), JL, Teen Titans & Superman. Thankfully Flash & Arrow is turning that around and hopefully these new movies will too.

They have the... one rule mentality, which works and doesn't

I mean they've done non-Batman and Superman stuff, that was either terrible or didn't light the world on fire.

So they go back to what works.

And I think, especially with movies, people often forget they didn't need more than those two. The 00s were highlighted by two mega franchises in Harry Potter and LoTR so they could take their time.

Now... HP is done, LoTR is all finished... so they wanna try to expand their comic roster

Ahasverus

Welp, Ben DID boot Goyer

12002953_899586540090732_7936908379742634230_n.png

Shaanyboi

Banned
Not sure if anyone here has watched The 100, but having just finished Season 2, if we do end up getting a Jason Todd/Red Hood story in these movies (and I'm fairly convinced right now that that's where we're going leading up to the Batfleck solo movie), Bob Morley who plays Bellamy would be fantastic in the role of a former Robin out for revenge.

He's easily one of the show's strongest actors, both among its younger and older cast.

HU110a_0256b-720x405.jpg

Not sure if anyone here has watched The 100, but having just finished Season 2, if we do end up getting a Jason Todd/Red Hood story in these movies (and I'm fairly convinced right now that that's where we're going leading up to the Batfleck solo movie), Bob Morley who plays Bellamy would be fantastic in the role of a former Robin out for revenge.

He's easily one of the show's strongest actors, both among its younger and older cast.

HU110a_0256b-720x405.jpg

I could definitely get on board with this.

Penguin

That Snyder interview from a few days back was pretty clear that they haven't offered Miller anything (though Zack'd love to see him working on something DC, and the door is absolutely open).

To be fair, I'd imagine while he's involved in the creative side, that Zack isn't necessarily involved on the business end of things.

Nor would he announce something he wasn't supposed to ahead of time, but we'll see

Damnit, I want him on a movie!

IconGrist

Snyder will straight up lie to your face if he isn't ready to reveal something. It's not entirely unreasonable to assume Miller has been approached.

Interesting they haven't offered him GLC, Flash or Shazam. Wonder if they are already in talks with other directors for those. Though they're so far off there's no real rush, but we don't have dates for JLD or MoS2 & Aquaman already has a director. These movies can go in so many directions. Wonder if we could get Brad Bird on Shazam or Flash.

Odoul

Speculation/wishing is half of the fun of these movies and as long as we're indulging...

Flash -Michael Jai White. Or the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia guys.
If the masses are gonna whine about JOKES and FUN so much let's get a crew that's actually funny. MJW has the bonus of he could play Black Manta eventually.

Shazam - Alfonso Cauron. I'm not too familiar with the character (other than animation) but his repertoire seems like it'd fit. Between him and Snyder DC would have a stranglehold on excellent action scenes.

Green Lantern - David Twohy. Curtis Hanson. Not that he'd do it but I'd like to see the latter do a fantasy/scifi movie.

Cyborg - Neill Blompkamp - Put a short ass leash on him of course...but I think District 9 is a good blueprint. Pretty good action. Unique visual style. Touching story of an asshole(Not that Cy is IDK) getting in touch with his humanity while going through body horror.

ryan299

El Mayimbe and Harry Knowles from Ain't it Cool said WB is throwing around the idea of Ezra Miller not being the only Barry Allen...

No idea if that means they're bringing the tv show into the universe. Thread worthy?

dGJvjbZ.png

Shaanyboi

Banned
Another day, another set of eh maybe rumors

The Man of Steel sequel (which I think he was the one who stated was on hold) would deal with Brainiac, Supergirl and Bizarro.

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...n-of-steel-sequel-plot-villain-details-emerge

Brainiac and Supergirl seems like an obvious way to go. Bizarro seems like an odd throw-in, but it could always be said that Brainiac is excellent at genetic manipulation or something.

MoS3 Lex and Metallo, then?

I'm kind of doubting supergirl because of the tv show but that doesn't mean much with Flash going on. I guess that pod was open.

I'm reading through John's GL right now, I kind of want the first film to be about Hal & Sinestro being buddy cops and it ending with Hal exposing Korugar, which leads into the sequel being Sinestro Corp Wars. That's probably too much Sinestro focus though, there's so much ground to cover and places to go with GL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom