• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
I thought this tease of him.

ou21G0V.png

I haven't heard anyone make mention of that. I think someone pointed out a few pages back it could be Zod.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Still can't see nothing... Flash looks like wearing blue

the descriptions said it's injustice+new 52 for his suit.

can't wait, I'm pretty sure the BvS costume designer knocked it out of the park.

Still can't see nothing... Flash looks like wearing blue

Looks to me like him in casual clothes holding something up and having electricity in his arm. Maybe it was an animated visual showing what he looked like without the suit and with it.

I wonder who's going to design Black Adam & Shazam's suits, if they're going to be consistent with Snyder's movie's design or they'll be something of their own. I think they should go with cloth/robes to distinguish from Superman.

it looks like lab gloves, why couldn't that dude have taken the picture of the flash costume art instead of barry allen smh.

i hope they don't go with the hood for shazam.

it looks like lab gloves, why couldn't that dude have taken the picture of the flash costume art instead of barry allen smh.

i hope they don't go with the hood for shazam.

I'm thinking they'll both have robed wear until some action goes down, then we'll get something more like pre new 52. Kind of like Zod and his armor. The only thing I dislike from the new 52 costume is the chest logo, the thunderbolt from before was more iconic. If there is a hood it'll probably be down for most of the movie.

I'm actually curious to see if he's got an range, maybe not play the part as pure comedy.

I definitely could see him bringing something to the table if the character is good. I always imagined a GL film being like Star Trek 09, because they're corps on missions. Camaraderie would be good. Is that lots of human GL's? I thought they only gave 1 ring per sector lol.

I definitely could see him bringing something to the table if the character is good. I always imagined a GL film being like Star Trek 09, because they're corps on missions. Camaraderie would be good. Is that lots of human GL's? I thought they only gave 1 ring per sector lol.

Earth gets extras on account of all the batshit insanity happening there.

Actually, I suspect that that's what the plot of GL Corps is going to center around; Hal Jordan was made into a Lantern years before MoS, and hasn't had time to come back to Earth. When Zod attacked, he was totally absent, and things have only gotten crazier since then. Thus, they need to appoint a new Lantern for the sector, which is where Tyrese comes into the picture.

Earth gets extras on account of all the batshit insanity happening there.

Actually, I suspect that that's what the plot of GL Corps is going to center around; Hal Jordan was made into a Lantern years before MoS, and hasn't had time to come back to Earth. When Zod attacked, he was totally absent, and things have only gotten crazier since then. Thus, they need to appoint a new Lantern for the sector, which is where Tyrese comes into the picture.

Ah that makes sense. I could see them mentionning the alien invasion of earth as cause to gain new recruits. But i'd like more than just 2. Ideally Idris Elba (seriously) and Pine as the leads, with a female or 2 and Tyrese. Real shame Elba has an anti-competitive contract.

Well I was innocent from the beginning. I was at home eating a bowl of Lucky Charms in my drawers, my ugly feet were out, and I got about six direct messages on Instagram with photos of me as the Green Lantern. This particular fan who did this fan art said that there was a community of people that had been talking for like a month and a half about who they think would be the best Green Lantern and they all picked me.

giphy.gif

ryan299

I wrote a treatment for a GL film for fun. It's essentially Lethal Weapon meets Seven Samurai. Hal Jordan is an older grizzled vet and John Stewart is a young and brash.

I have the Sinestro and his Corps as the main villain with a civil war going on. Stewart gets recruited bc the Lanterns are being wiped out quickly.

If Chris Pine is going to be Hal Jordan then I think they should go for somebody young for Stewart. Tyrese is too old.

I wrote a treatment for a GL film for fun. It's essentially Lethal Weapon meets Seven Samurai. Hal Jordan is an older grizzled vet and John Stewart is a young and brash.

I have the Sinestro and his Corps as the main villain with a civil war going on. Stewart gets recruited bc the Lanterns are being wiped out quickly.

If Chris Pine is going to be Hal Jordan then I think they should go for somebody young for Stewart. Tyrese is too old.
I would change that to before Sinestro starts the Sinestro Corps just i could have him on the team

Kambei- John Stewart
Shichiroji- Kyle Rayner
Katsushiro- Simon Baz
Kikuchiyo- Alan Scott
Kyuzo- Sinestro
Gorobei- Hal Jordan
Heihachi- Guy Gardner

E the Shaggy

You could probably have a GL Corps that's at least similar in style to Guardians.

Throw in all the human Green Lanterns, give them vastly different costumes while still eliciting the idea of "Green Lantern" and then go from there. Maybe have Black Hand as the villain and wait to have Sinestro for a sequel or something.

a916

Odoul

Now that more posters and trailers are being released for BvS, I noticed nothing has been branded or eluding to a "Seven" anything.

I wonder if that means the Unite the Seven was an Aquaman specific tag and really not referring to the Justice League.

Being that his movie is supposed to be about keeping his kingdom under control, and Suicide Squad and Wondy come before JL I'm leaning towards that.

Reading through Ostrander's suicide squad and I have to say I'm a little disappointed Bronze Tiger isn't in the movie. He's turning into my squad favorite after Waller.

If Flag doesn't make it this movie I think they should put Bronze Tiger in the second film, he'd be an awesome leader.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Reading through Ostrander's suicide squad and I have to say I'm a little disappointed Bronze Tiger isn't in the movie. He's turning into my squad favorite after Waller.

If Flag doesn't make it this movie I think they should put Bronze Tiger in the second film, he'd be an awesome leader.
There's a ton of people they can use in future movies. Black Manta, Deathstroke, etc.

There's a ton of people they can use in future movies. Black Manta, Deathstroke, etc.

I dunno about Manta. He seems a bit too big to be on the Squad. And Deathstroke's whole "gun for hire" shtick kind of precludes a Squad slot.

But then, they've got not just Manta, but Parasite, Black Hand, and the freaking Reverse Flash on the team these days, so who knows?

I don't doubt that story entirely... I just think the roles were reversed. The fan was probably at home eating cereal while Tyrese was blasting him with messages demanding artwork.

I'm sure some fans caused a spark, but he ran the whole field with it haha.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some villains that are beaten in the squad. I only expect Flag, Boomerang, Harley and Deadshot to stay consistent between the movies. Boomerang will probably show up in Flash as well :p.

Finally got around to watching gods & monsters.

It was ok, It's a notch above their new 52 movies but it was mostly about world building than a solid team story. Batman's origin was meh, Zodman was pretty good, and Bekka's was insanity & my favorite
though I thought her attachment to Orion was too deep for having known for like a day

I didn't care for them slaughtering like a good portion of b-string characters from the get go. I also didn't care for Magnus's characterization. I think the movie is better seen as a whole new world based on some DC concepts, rather than a What If? story that involves your favorite characters in new positions. It seems like Timm's project is a bit ambitious for just one movie + 3 shorts every year. I didn't care for a League that just kills people without thinking about it, but the end implied that wouldn't be the case in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom