• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

How messed up is it that we've had 6 Superman films and never seen Braniac as the antagonist.

Yeah, it's kind of sad... he was intended to be the villain for Superman 3... forgot why they changed it... and he was the supposed villain for the Superman Returns sequel as well.

look how uncannily alike they look at times. i'm sure there's a bunch of comparisons online. just grey up his face and give him a scar or two and you're set.

Eh...

Not really? I guess it's down to watching White Collar for years, but they don't look that same-y to me. Similar, sure, but not uncannily so.

a916

Welp, Ben DID boot Goyer

12002953_899586540090732_7936908379742634230_n.png

Bringing Ben on might have been the best move WB could have made from himself being Bruce, helping with directing, and bringing on Terrio*

Pending a good BvS movie of course...

guek

Banned
Bizarro should be Matt Damon

Edit: Oh wait, i guess that joke doesn't quite work if Ben isn't superman. Oh well, still a funny thought

Ahasverus

I'm 70% sure we're getting a Doomsday/Bizarro hybrid in bvs as those characters are easily fusable, so I'd doubt El Maybe very strongly.

I don't think that's ever been a rumor, per say. IIRC, people have speculated that as the next natural step, but it never got any sort of confirmation.

I'd much prefer it to be true, btw.

Think Faraci said it at some point. His track record isn't perfect, but I'd trust him over Heroic Hollywood or the like any day.

Yeah, it's kind of sad... he was intended to be the villain for Superman 3... forgot why they changed it... and he was the supposed villain for the Superman Returns sequel as well.

Live-action braniac would be so dope for a movie, but I feel he would truly shine in a Justice League movie.

Guffers

Not sure if anyone here has watched The 100, but having just finished Season 2, if we do end up getting a Jason Todd/Red Hood story in these movies (and I'm fairly convinced right now that that's where we're going leading up to the Batfleck solo movie), Bob Morley who plays Bellamy would be fantastic in the role of a former Robin out for revenge.

He's easily one of the show's strongest actors, both among its younger and older cast.

HU110a_0256b-720x405.jpg

Hah! My wife went to high school with this guy. She ran into him again at a reunion a couple of years ago and asked him what he had been up to, he said 'Sleeping on Thor's couch'

He was on a crappy Australian soap opera back in the day with Chris Hemsworth, obviously they are still buddies. I've only seen him on said soap opera and his acting was diabolically bad, glad to hear he has improved. I tried watching the 100 but it wasn't for me. Clearly meant for a teenage audience.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Hmmm. Aquaman getting his name on the poster makes me think his role may be larger than expected. At least I hope that's what it means.

ryan299

I'm not familiar with Tracking Board but here,

Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, two DC comics superheros that have long been rumored to appear in either an upcoming film or TV show, are now being groomed for a team-up feature from Warner Bros. Sources exclusive to The Tracking Board can now confirm that Greg Berlanti, the force behind the successful DC comics TV series Arrow and The Flash, will be heavily involved with this one, set to direct and executive produce. Sarah Schechter will also executive produce, while Julia Spiro will oversee for the studio.

The superhero duo were long thought to appear on either The Flash or DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, though Legends showrunner Phil Klemmer recently hinted that something bigger could be in the pipeline, which we now know is the feature.

http://www.tracking-board.com/exclusive-warner-bros-developing-booster-goldblue-beetle-movie-with-greg-berlanti-helming/TB

It looks like we finally found the reason for no Ted on Arrow, interesting enough Berlanti was suppose to helm Green Lantern 2011, would have been interesting to see how that would have turned out.

At this point though I'd kill for some details on the other films. It seems we're getting a lot of projects announced but little details beyond even 2016.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Hah! My wife went to high school with this guy. She ran into him again at a reunion a couple of years ago and asked him what he had been up to, he said 'Sleeping on Thor's couch'

He was on a crappy Australian soap opera back in the day with Chris Hemsworth, obviously they are still buddies. I've only seen him on said soap opera and his acting was diabolically bad, glad to hear he has improved. I tried watching the 100 but it wasn't for me. Clearly meant for a teenage audience.

Keep watching past the first few episodes. It gets really fucking good, I'm dead serious. It's like three episodes in, the writers lost the 'Official List of CW Mandates' and went "Eh, fuck it" and did whatever they thought would be cool.

tim1138

The worst part of the GL movie flopping is never getting Mark Strong as Sinestro again.

And I'm going to refuse to let myself get hyped for that Blue and Gold movie rumor. Hell, the Heroic Hollywood link talked about the wrong Blue Beetle.

Loxley

The worst part of the GL movie flopping is never getting Mark Strong as Sinestro again.

And I'm going to refuse to let myself get hyped for that Blue and Gold movie rumor. Hell, the Heroic Hollywood link talked about the wrong Blue Beetle.

No kidding, Strong was a great Sinestro :(

Berlanti left GL before the film even casted Ryan Reynolds. Who knows what other changes to the script they did after that.

The TV shows he worked on have been pretty good, so I'll give him some slack.

Effect

Yeah, but there was also a history of HEAVY studio intervention on making that movie. The movie it was originally going to be was drastically changed.

Exactly. This needs to be brought up whenever Green Lantern is talked about I feel. Berlanti has proven himself I feel with Arrow and Flash. I honestly would have liked to see what the original Green Lantern film was suppose to be. I just hope Warner Bros has learned its lesson and the people in power at the moment Snyders, Roven, etc are able to tell whatever exc that shows up to want to change something for the worse to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom