• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to watching gods & monsters.

It was ok, It's a notch above their new 52 movies but it was mostly about world building than a solid team story. Batman's origin was meh, Zodman was pretty good, and Bekka's was insanity & my favorite
though I thought her attachment to Orion was too deep for having known for like a day

I didn't care for them slaughtering like a good portion of b-string characters from the get go. I also didn't care for Magnus's characterization. I think the movie is better seen as a whole new world based on some DC concepts, rather than a What If? story that involves your favorite characters in new positions. It seems like Timm's project is a bit ambitious for just one movie + 3 shorts every year. I didn't care for a League that just kills people without thinking about it, but the end implied that wouldn't be the case in the future.

I loved it personally

Mexican Superman, Highfather Red Wedding-ing Darkseid, Lex Hawking

I hope if Katana hangs around the DCCU(I expect her to die) she gets a more traditional costume.
I'd be fine with a bodysuit like Batman's with a single gauntlet and shoulder pauldron.
Maybe even keep the ribbon.

wonder who they get for Hal then
Fillion-lantern.jpg

Too old. Maybe if it was 15 years ago.
With an older Batman its fine imo, especially if the flip they roles have Hal as an experienced Green Lantern but have John as a much younger Iraq/Afghanistan war veteran.

Im sure if you offered Fillion a dream job of his he would attempt to get into a better shape for it.

Chris Pine was cast as Steve Trevor. Neat.

Lies. Tyrese Green Lantern daddy wouldn't lie to us. Also this kills my dream casting of Gosling as Trevor. If this is true... this is...
Great casting! Now even more curious to see what era the WW movie occurs in.

Busty

Banned
Was hoping he'd be Hal, I'm so disappointed.

Ever since he reupped his deal with Paramount to play potentially play Kirk for a fourth film with an improved pay day I didn't really see him headlining two space opera franchises.

I have no doubt that WB will get some interesting actors aboard their ensemble Lantern Corps film.

I hope if Katana hangs around the DCCU(I expect her to die) she gets a more traditional costume.

I feel like it's worth noting that Warners are giving Katana a miniseries next year with the aim of giving the character a 'freshen up'.

DC Comics announced via USA Today Monday morning eight new miniseries debuting in 2016 that has the goal to "freshen up and contemporize" some classic characters, according to co-publisher Dan DiDio.

In 2016, DC will launch Swamp Thing, Metal Men, Raven, Firestorm, Katana: Cult of the Kobra, Metamorpho and Sugar & Spike. Some of the series will be written by the characters' original creators.

http://www.newsarama.com/25043-dc-r...es-metal-men-sugar-spike-metamorpho-more.html

It feels to me that while Katana may not be a 'AAA' figure in the DCU (yet?) the studio obviously sees her as more than 'cannon fodder' for the Suicide Squad film.
Common's
character on the other hand.

Ever since he reupped his deal with Paramount to play potentially play Kirk for a fourth film with an improved pay day I didn't really see him headlining two space opera franchises.

I have no doubt that WB will get some interesting actors aboard their ensemble Lantern Corps film.

I feel like it's worth noting that Warners are giving Katana a miniseries next year with the aim of giving the character a 'freshen up'.

http://www.newsarama.com/25043-dc-r...es-metal-men-sugar-spike-metamorpho-more.html

It feels to me that while Katana may not be a 'AAA' figure in the DCU (yet?) the studio obviously sees her as more than 'cannon fodder' for the Suicide Squad film.
Common's
character on the other hand.
Im just hoping Suicide Squad doesn't mess with her too much if they do want to keep her around.
Not another horrendous Huntress on Arrow type of thing.

I just hope they don't give her another suit. I love Katana in the banchou/street punk style.

Eh, works for Suicide Squad but if she shows up in Batman or JL she needs something different.
Ribbon has to stay though.

Or they could keep the jacket, etc but just have something besides a tubetop underneath.

ReiGun

Eh, works for Suicide Squad but if she shows up in Batman or JL she needs something different.
Ribbon has to stay though.

Or they could keep the jacket, etc but just have something besides a tubetop underneath.

I hate most of Katana's looks because they all go out of their way to emphasize that's she's Japanese. The Suicide Squad look does too (does she really need the Rising Sun right on her forehead? Always hated that) but going with the banchou look at least does it in a unique way. If she shows up in JL, they're just going to put her in samurai armor. :/

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Lies. Tyrese Green Lantern daddy wouldn't lie to us. Also this kills my dream casting of Gosling as Trevor. If this is true... this is...
Great casting! Now even more curious to see what era the WW movie occurs in.

They wouldn't cast Gosling for a role like this, and he doesn't do big movies anyway. Certainly not superhero movies (was rumored for The Joker I believe but don't know if that thing was true or not).

Pine is good casting, don't want to see too much of him though. Only in the standalone WW movies, keep him out of JL and the other standalones.

Imperial

They wouldn't cast Gosling for a role like this, and he doesn't do big movies anyway. Certainly not superhero movies (was rumored for The Joker I believe but don't know if that thing was true or not).

Pine is good casting, don't want to see too much of him though. Only in the standalone WW movies, keep him out of JL and the other standalones.

Well Steve Trevor is the liaison to the Justice League, so he'll probably be involved in some capacity

Holmes

A bit old, but just found this article from Batman News talking about not so talked about things that were revealed in the article.

Points of interest:
  1. Zack Snyder, his producer wife Deborah, and producer Charles Roven are overseeing the entire DC Extended Universe.
  2. Zack Snyder has a whiteboard in his office with the entire DCEU sketched out.
  3. Wonder Woman begins filming this fall in London.
  4. Justice League begins filming Spring 2016.
  5. Pre-production for Justice League has already begun.
  6. Ben Affleck picked out his own Bruce Wayne hairstyle for the movie, despite Deborah Snyder not being a fan of it initially.
  7. Ben Affleck wears a wig in the movie for his Bruce Wayne hairstyle.
  8. Batman is 45 or 46 in the movie, according to Zack Snyder.
  9. Batman has already met Joker, Harley Quinn, and the rest of the Suicide Squad. He’s the reason they’re all in prison.
  10. Batman carries a machine gun at one point in the movie.
  11. Bruce Wayne lives in a lake house that Snyder and company call the “Glasshouse”. Wayne Manor still stands, but has been abandoned.
  12. Clark Kent and Lois Lane live together in an apartment.
  13. A Detroit museum was used to film scenes at Lex Luthor’s house.
  14. Deborah Snyder cried when Gal Gadot first stepped onto the set as Wonder Woman.
  15. Five actresses auditioned for the role of Wonder Woman opposite Ben Affleck, but it was Gal Gadot who blew everyone in the room away.
  16. Wonder Woman’s role in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is key to shifting the story towards Justice League.
  17. It was Zack Snyder’s idea to put Batman in his follow-up movie to Man of Steel.
  18. Zack Snyder admits that Christopher Nolan was “taken aback” when he told him he wanted to reinterpret Batman alongside Superman, but he’s fully supportive

Number 10 makes me a bit nervous, but everything else is awesome and or interesting.

Ahasverus

They're definitely going to play up the greek aspects. Chris Pine as Steve Trevor also makes me think this won't be a movie set in the past anymore. I don't know if Chris would sign a one off deal.

I'm glad to see WB is putting some serious money behind these franchises. I just hope it stays consistent beyond the trinity.

Wasn't she supposed to have a lion in Whedon's movie?
We'll it was revealed that the director that Patty replaced was adamant on giving WW a pet tiger from the comics. If they decide to include a CGI tiger it would be kinda a slap to the face to Michelle MacLaren since it was cited as one of the reasons for the fallout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom