• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_m4rl59mgIg1rvcv6uo1_250.gif

a916

Yeah, but there was also a history of HEAVY studio intervention on making that movie. The movie it was originally going to be was drastically changed.

Wait, is this true? What was it going to be?

No kidding, Strong was a great Sinestro :(

Besides looking like him... what about him made a good Sinestro? His transformation to the Yellow side came about abruptly and came across as under developed.

Mayimbe saying Zak Penn is being eye to write the film. He's the guy behind Xmen 3.

He's wrote 3 films, one he got fired before he was allowed to finish (Disney was smart to bring in Whedon) and the other two are among the worst super hero movies released... why is this guy getting a 4th shot?

He's wrote 3 films, one he got fired before he was allowed to finish (Disney was smart to bring in Whedon) and the other two are among the worst super hero movies released... why is this guy getting a 4th shot?

because he's like Goyer, he has decent ideas but needs someone to refine them.

Busty

Banned
It might be old news now but The Wrap's Jeff Sneider mentioned on Meet The Movie Press last week that he'd heard about a Booster Gold film that would feature the titular character on a solo adventure without the Blue Beetle.

If this is the case (WB could position this as their equivalent Iron Man) could Warners be saving the Blue Beetle for a future (Teen) Titans film? Then again if it is a team up film with the Blue Beetle (which seems more plausible to me TBH) it could give the DCU a film that has a different 'vibe' from the other Justice League 'universe' films.

It might be old news now but The Wrap's Jeff Sneider mentioned on Meet The Movie Press last week that he'd heard about a Booster Gold film that would feature the titular character on a solo adventure without the Blue Beetle.

If this is the case (WB could position this as their equivalent Iron Man) could Warners be saving the Blue Beetle for a future (Teen) Titans film? Then again if it is a team up film with the Blue Beetle (which seems more plausible to me TBH) it could give the DCU a film that has a different 'vibe' from the other Justice League 'universe' films.

That'd be a mistake, IMO. Booster's not that great on his own, in fact I mostly find him grating. He needs somebody to ground him. Ted does a solid job of that.

GeeTeeCee

That'd be a mistake, IMO. Booster's not that great on his own, in fact I mostly find him grating. He needs somebody to ground him. Ted does a solid job of that.

I'm not too familiar with Booster Gold, but couldn't Skeets (or some newly invented character) occupy the same role? I like the idea of a robot buddy that doesn't put up with Booster's nonsense.

Sulik2

IIRC Suits wanted Hal to the hero not the whole Corps. The human needed to save the day. Parallex wasn't going to be revealed until the third act, Kilowag, Sinestro, Hal and Tomar-Re were going to disobey the Guardians and all go fight Parallex together and win instead of just Hal. There was supposed to be a lot more of Hal's training on Oa and his relationship with Sinestro, but suits though the movie needed more Earth.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Not completely dissimilar, but it justifies its character choices a helluva lot more than the actual film did. Parallax was instead Legion, Hector Hammond was an infinitely more interesting villain, Hal doesn't just chicken out of being a Green Lantern and whine about being afraid. It may not have been perfect but it would've been way better than what we got.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
He's fucking huge. Cavill, Battfleck and Momoa are monsters. Wonder how GL will look like.

DaveH

Been rewatching Young Justice and love Aqualad so much. If movie Aquaman is half as cool, he's going to be awesome. I know some are expecting Aquaman to be the rage monster / wolverine berserker fueled by anger, but the man is royalty, the head of a kingdom, he has to maintain that regal nature.

The movie is still three years away, a lot can change in that amount of time. I'd also wait for one of the trades to report on it before getting too worried.

EDIT: Just saw THR is running with it. Still, it's three years away.

IconGrist

I find it hard to believe if this is the guy directing a Flash movie that WB didn't make sure he was up to the task. The Flash is gaining traction with the success of the CW show so I doubt WB was like, "Put some nobody on it. Nobody will give a shit any way."

Penguin

His writing experience sounds fine.. know still go with a humor bent for The Flash

But his only directorial credits are for a MTV show?

They must know something we don't

DaveH

Seth Grahame-Smith (writer of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter) to direct the Flash.

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/05/seth-grahame-smith-to-direct-the-flash-movie/

I know he's writing the screenplay but he's only directed one episode of one tv show before. Seems a bit strange.
If you cite the original source (THR), the first line in the article is:

"Seth Grahame-Smith is in negotiations to direct and write The Flash"

Negotiations are different than being set to direct but you will find countless people reporting this as a lock. I hate internet journalists.

...assuming it is a lock though... the WB is pretty savvy with "leaks" and this would be the "bad" news to circulate for a cycle before we're hit with the good news coming out of NYCC / Investors Meeting. Similar to how MacLaren leaving hit 2nd week of April and inside a week we were hit with Jenkins, IMAX deal extending to 2020, and more. So we'll talk about this for four days and suddenly we're going to be hit with a flood of good news. I'm guessing.

If THR or Variety reports that someone is "in negotiations," it's pretty much a done deal. Though there are occasional exceptions (i.e. Joaquin Phoenix as Dr. Strange).

His writing experience sounds fine.. know still go with a humor bent for The Flash

But his only directorial credits are for a MTV show?

They must know something we don't

I'm really hoping it's another Russo brothers type casting. The only thing that breaks that comparison is while yes, the Russos directed the "movie" You, Me and Dupree, they also had great success in the TV world with Arrested Development and Community. Seth has only has two movies under his belt that were critically panned. Admittedly, I've never seen his Lincoln Movie nor Dark Shadows so I honestly don't know what to make of his directing/writing style. But the dude wrote two novels that were best sellers so it cannot be said that he's inept at writing...

If you cite the original source (THR), the first line in the article is:

"Seth Grahame-Smith is in negotiations to direct and write The Flash"

Negotiations are different than being set to direct but you will find countless people reporting this as a lock. I hate internet journalists.
Good catch. Perhaps someone from DC leaked this to get leverage on some big named Director/Writer they are pursuing. Or maybe they let him write the screenplay and just Goyer him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom