• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

A bunch of idiots paying money to see the worst movie of the year from the worst director ever. /s

I guarantee someone in one of the OT threads had this exact thought.

People are free to dislike this movie. I just they didn't feel the need to be smug pricks about it to the people who like it.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I guarantee someone in one of the OT threads had this exact thought.

People are free to dislike this movie. I just they didn't feel the need to be smug pricks about it to the people who like it.
A bunch of internet tough guys. I try to ignore it.

a916

After.

Can't wait the day when Verendus comes here and says something like 'I saw Suicide Squad a while ago, it's pretty good'.

Really interesting to see how this ties into BvS and
Batman trying to get the JL together for a threat
... wonder what the SS is up to and how it ties in to the ending of BvS

A bunch of internet tough guys. I try to ignore it.

Walked into a thread, saw Snyder ruined both these characters and released the worst movie of the year, did a 180 and was like nope not worth it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Snyder is just shitting the bed now, he knows how much fans wanted Cranston as Lex and then said he was considered but opted for Jesse a casting fans absolutely hated.

Just lay low for awhile Snyder, you are no position to keep talking.

a916

Snyder is just shitting the bed now, he knows how much fans wanted Cranston as Lex and then said he was considered but opted for Jesse a casting fans absolutely hated.

Just lay low for awhile Snyder, you are no position to keep talking.

Huh? We've known for 2 years Eisenburg was Lex.. how are you still getting mad at this? If he came out and set Cranston was never considered you'd be complaining "they didn't even give him a look?!!" This is such a trivial thing to get mad about.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Huh? We've known for 2 years Eisenburg was Lex.. how are you still getting mad at this? If he came out and set Cranston was never considered you'd be complaining "they didn't even give him a look?!!" This is such a trivial thing to get mad about.
I'm not saying I'm mad at Jesse being Lex. I never minded the casting. It's how Snyder decides to come with this NOW. He is under heavy fire for fumbling this movie, should just stay quiet and work on your shit (JL), but he keeps talking... If I were him I wouldn't even go to comic-con. I wouldn't be surprised if DC fans express their frustration there and outright boo him when he takes the stage.

Just lay low and work quietly on the movie. Simple.

Magwik

Banned
Sorry. Didn't mean to do that. I just felt Zack wasn't really the main Reason because he directed a pretty good movie with Man of Steel.
Considering he went on record saying most of the cuts to the films length are recent, I wouldn't doubt there is a much much better movie in the extended edition

Boke1879

I'm not saying I'm mad at Jesse being Lex. I never minded the casting. It's how Snyder decides to come with this NOW. He is under heavy fire for fumbling this movie, should just stay quiet and work on your shit (JL), but he keeps talking... If I were him I wouldn't even go to comic-con. I wouldn't be surprised if DC fans express their frustration there and outright boo him when he takes the stage.

And there are also fans who love the movie. Right now you're acting as if everyone universally hated the movie. The movie is divisive no doubt has some hurdles but now you're getting mad at anything the man says. It's not that serious.

Ashhong

The people that wait long enough to get into Hall H are not going to boo him. He is going to show a small teaser of JL and he will be loved again by the fans.

you're overreacting. the movie hasn't failed, it just released today and fan reactions are mostly from very positive to good. only the most shrill are saying it's a disaster.

Magwik

Banned
And there are also fans who love the movie. Right now you're acting as if everyone universally hated the movie. The movie is divisive no doubt has some hurdles but now you're getting mad at anything the man says. It's not that serious.
It's sort of hard to be optimistic when this is the only thread on the entire site not filled and ran by a carnival of stupid

3N16MA

Banned
Came away disappointed. My full thoughts are in the spoiler thread but to keep it brief there is plenty of wasted potential. Some interesting themes and ideas were presented that make complete sense. The execution on how to implement those ideas and themes comes up short. The film is disjointed and at times all over the place trying to do too much.

Positives:

Affleck was great (best Batman action on film)
Gadot was solid (more intrigued for the solo film)
Irons makes a great Alfred
Snyder still knows how to make powerful characters feel powerful

I still enjoyed it more than MoS. The reviews that are claiming this is the worst thing to happen to superhero films are taking it way too far. This isn't worst superhero film to be released in the past few years. Much rather watch this again than a safe cookie cutter throwaway of a film like Thor: The Dark World.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
you're overreacting. the movie hasn't failed, it just released today and fan reactions are mostly from very positive to good. only the most shrill are saying it's a disaster.
Correct. This narrative that BvS is a failure is false. The vast majority of people liked it and it's on track to have a huge opening weekend. Will it have huge legs? Probably not. It doesn't need them to be considered a success.

Ashhong

Phew, just saw a snippet of a review where a guy says it's the worst superhero movie ever made. Worse than Catwoman. Worse than F4nt4stic Four. Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Loxley

So, how about the Extended Universe, eh? Let's have a rap-session about these guys:

P7Ap0eU.jpg

My hope is that WB pushes the sci-fi up to 11 with the Green Lantern Corps film and has them taking on some cosmic threat. I'm really curious to see how they get introduced into the DCEU.

Simo

. If I were him I wouldn't even go to comic-con. I wouldn't be surprised if DC fans express their frustration there and outright boo him when he takes the stage.

LOL wut.

Similar situation happened with MOS: shredded by critics and divisive with the audience but the film had plenty of fans and a few weeks after opening Snyder was in Hall H to applause that then went on to be one of the biggest moments in the hall because of what he announced.

a916

So, how about the Extended Universe, eh? Let's have a rap-session about these guys:

P7Ap0eU.jpg

My hope is that WB pushes the sci-fi up to 11 with the Green Lantern Corps film and has them taking on some cosmic threat. I'm really curious to see how they get introduced into the DCEU.

You know who'd do a great Flash or Green Lantern (especially if it's a buddy cop)? Lord and Miller... unfortunately they bailed on the Flash project to do the Han Solo project. Here's hoping they wrap and WB can get them to do GL. They had them with Lego and almost had them again with the Lego sequel and Flash.

jackdoe

LOL wut.

Similar situation happened with MOS: shredded by critics and divisive the audience but the film had plenty of fans and a few weeks after opening Snyder was in Hall H to applause that then went on to be one of the biggest moments in the hall because of what he announced.
If you're going to wait in those nightmarish lines for hours to get into Hall H to see a conference that includes Zack Snyder, you're not going to boo the man.

Maddocks

Zack made a beautiful movie, the look of the movie was great. He really is a slave to the comics sometimes and he rips things directly from the page. I'm not the biggest Zack fan, but one thing is for sure he made the movie look better then most comic book movies.

guek

Banned
It's sort of hard to be optimistic when this is the only thread on the entire site not filled and ran by a carnival of stupid

lol, how convenient that this is the thread you're most likely to hear exactly what you want to hear.

Gaf has been fun these past few days. Admittedly stupid and juvenile but fun.

Vyer

Will be seeing it at a 3 pm showing tomorrow. Really curious how it'll go.

Safe to say, though, that it appears all the Affleck backlash when he was casted was wrong?

3N16MA

Banned
Phew, just saw a snippet of a review where a guy says it's the worst superhero movie ever made. Worse than Catwoman. Worse than F4nt4stic Four. Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Not even close.

It's almost as if everyone is trying to one up the last stupid ass statement.

Pachimari

I haven't seen it yet, may watch it on Monday.

I hope see cameos of Aquaman, Th Flash and maybe Cyborg. At least Ezra as Barry Allen would be one heck of a surprise.

Maddocks

Listening to the soundtrack, it was so good, every sound it made was just BOOM like you lived that moment with Bruce in Metropolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom