• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to say this, cause I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this...

The opening sequence is one of the best I've seen in a comic book movie, and probably in any movie. Beautiful Lie is such a powerful track that compliments everything that's going on on the screen. I got goosebumps.

Pachimari

So people are pissed because Batman
is killing
in this movie? I would be thrilled about such a no-nonsense Batman, and that would be a big plus in my book. I also had no trouble with Superman and Zod killing thousands in Man of Steel, especially if that has consequences in Batman v Superman.

The opening sequence is one of the best I've seen in a comic book movie, and probably in any movie. Beautiful Lie is such a powerful track that compliments everything that's going on on the screen. I got goosebumps.
Fully agreed. I loved how they explained batmans Orgins. Simple.

is killing
in this movie? I would be thrilled about such a no-nonsense Batman, and that would be a big plus in my book. I also had no trouble with Superman and Zod killing thousands in Man of Steel, especially if that has consequences in Batman v Superman.

Same here. The whole
no-killing
thing always seemed a bit contrived and frustrating to me.

Draconian

is killing

I'm just gonna go ahead and say using a spoiler tag is a little pointless when you can easily deduce what's behind it from the rest of your post. :p

So, how about the Extended Universe, eh? Let's have a rap-session about these guys:

P7Ap0eU.jpg

My hope is that WB pushes the sci-fi up to 11 with the Green Lantern Corps film and has them taking on some cosmic threat. I'm really curious to see how they get introduced into the DCEU.

Reduce the Lantern count, for one. Combine Hal and John into one character. Take Hal's history with Sinestro, John's high-detail constructs. Serious attitude, the best of the best. He's been away from Earth for a LONG time. 10 or more years. Because, you know, it's a big universe, and he's got 1/3600 of it to handle. Until Zod showed up, there was just no reason for a Lantern presence on Earth. But then Zod did happen. And then some other cosmic event. And it's becoming clear that this shit is gonna keep happening. So they recruit another.

The guy they recruit is Kyle, because fuck Guy and Simon Baz who?

Anyway, from there it's basically a cosmic buddy cop movie as John teaches Kyle the ropes.

Big thing I want them to do is NO GREEN BOLTS OR BUBBLES. Every construct should show who made it. And no one at a time stuff either, Green Lanterns should descend into battle surrounded by an army of their own creation.

witness

So excited to see it for a 2nd time this weekend, hopefully tomorrow but we are going to be an adoption class for 6 hours tomorrow. So probably on sunday, IMAX 2D.

So, how about the Extended Universe, eh? Let's have a rap-session about these guys:

P7Ap0eU.jpg

My hope is that WB pushes the sci-fi up to 11 with the Green Lantern Corps film and has them taking on some cosmic threat. I'm really curious to see how they get introduced into the DCEU.

GL could really even be it's own thing and be just as big as JL.

I'd like to see Manhunters + Mongul for the first movie, have his Warworld attack Korguar. Sinestro, Hal (veteran) & new recruit John Stewart help stop the invasions of Korguar. The planet ends up suffering in the war, when it's revealed the guardians had created the man hunters. This causes Sinestro to go rogue.

Second movie, Sinestro corp is formed, declares War on the GLC, eventually the movie would end up with the war of light and all the colors are involved (minus Orange & Indigo). Ends with each corps devastated in numbers, when the black lantern corps shows up at the end, forcing a retreat from the corps.

Third movie the corps learn to work together while replenishing their corps. The red lanterns recruit Guy Gardner while the Blue recruit Kyle Rayner. They end up fighting the Black Lanterns with the aid of the Indigo tribe (which could include villains from other movies) and Larfleeze.

So does who claim the movie could have been better, as any other piece subjected to opinion based evaluation, do you concede that it can also be worse off with somebody else?

Really depends on who that somebody else is.

Uwe Boll.

It's going to be a good time. If you need something to quench your SS thirst, I recommend this analysis video of the first official trailer. I was shocked with the amount of details that I missed. So much so that I should probably give everyone a spoiler warning as he also talks about images/videos caught on set.

Captain Boomerang got shipped to (probably) Belle Reve in a sack?

From Australia?

Oh yes, this movie will do nicely. Nicely indeed.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It's always fascinating watching someone who is critical of one's art claimimg their opinion is fact. Art hits people differently. You can judge it by what you expect it to be but that's about it. The amount of anger that accompanies people's opinion on this movie is unhealthy.

Snaku

Banned
It's always fascinating watching someone who is critical of one's art claimimg their opinion is fact. Art hits people differently. You can judge it by what you expect it to be but that's about it. The amount of anger that accompanies people's opinion on this movie is unhealthy.

You ain't seen nothing yet, the vile vortex of Internet shitards waiting to consume Ghostbusters will be unmatched. The entirety of their hate boils down to vaginas wearing proton packs. The movie could be a fucking masterpiece and it'll still be burned at the stake.

Uwe Boll.

Captain Boomerang got shipped to (probably) Belle Reve in a sack?

From Australia?

Oh yes, this movie will do nicely. Nicely indeed.

$5 bucks says he was shipped via Turkish Airlines.

I honestly might watch this again this weekend.

It's 6 bucks in the morning and I got nothing better to do.

...Shit
Do it. Many gripes aside, I had such a fun time at this freaking movie. It's so dense, that it's totally built for repeat viewing.

Pachimari

Wow, there's like 5 minutes of setup for the Justice League? I can't wait to see that. Stuff I'm excited to see are apparently the amazing intro, the ending that will leave me emotional and all of the Justice League hints. I loved that about Iron Man 2 and thought the MCU stuff was the strongest part about it, so I can't wait to see how Batman v Superman handles it.

I'm actually of cancelling my tickets for Monday, and just go see it tomorrow but I'm not sure. Nah, I'm just really excited to watch this.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Phew, just saw a snippet of a review where a guy says it's the worst superhero movie ever made. Worse than Catwoman. Worse than F4nt4stic Four. Guess I'll find out tomorrow!
What a joke

Critics at this point are trying to 1up each other, see who comes up with the most witty quote for RT. There's no way this is worse than Catwoman.

$5 bucks says he was shipped via Turkish Airlines.

Do it. Many gripes aside, I had such a fun time at this freaking movie. It's so dense, that it's totally built for repeat viewing.

The problem I have is that I already saw it in the preferred format. 2D IMAX. They don't even offer that here.

That and me hating the first half of the movie

IconGrist

Got back from my second showing a bit ago. Think I liked it more the second time. Seeing it in 2D helped a lot, lol. I was just so ecstatic for all things Lex. My daughter was with me and she loved it. She went absolutely bonkers when Wonder Woman showed up. That and the Batmobile scene were her favorite parts. She turned to me at one point and asked me if Lex was the bad guy. When I told her yes she said that upset her because she liked him, haha. She cried at the end.

ryan299

Posted yet?

2ND UPDATE, FRIDAY PM: We just received word that Warner Bros.’ Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is taking off in the Middle Kingdom. Per early flash grosses and a few sneaks, BvS is making $21.22M in China, dominating 75% of the market. The pic burst into 38 more markets on Thursday including Mexico, Brazil, Russia, Korea and Germany, grossing $33.1M and a running cume of $44M. But with China added, overseas is now north of $65M.

Brazil was the next best offshore play with $3.5M on 1,331 screens and including sneaks. Likewise, it’s WB’s best ever start in the market. That’s the case as well in the UAE with $1.1M on 112 screens. The opening there was 93% bigger than Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Germany debuted to $2.8M on 1,015 screens (with sneaks). That’s the biggest bow of the year and the top ever for a superhero movie. Australia‘s $2.5M on 594 screens is a good start with 70% share of the Top 5 and Russia was up around 80% with $1.9M on roughly 2,000 screens.

Superman & Friends sucked up 80% of the Top 5 share in Korea with $1.7M on 1,613 screens and far outpacing newcomers and holdovers. Elsewhere in Asia, WB had its best opening of all time in four markets: Hong Kong ($1.1M), Singapore ($855K) Malaysia ($804K) and Thailand ($740K).

In holds, Spain is going strong with a further $1.1M from 702 screens . The two-day total there is $2.9M. Italy brought in another $925K on 769 screens for a slight 16% drop from Thursday. The two-day cume is $2M. France picked up another $953K (-44%) with 110K admissions from 822 screens and good for a cume of $2.7M.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Got back from my second showing a bit ago. Think I liked it more the second time. Seeing it in 2D helped a lot, lol. I was just so ecstatic for all things Lex. My daughter was with me and she loved it. She went absolutely bonkers when Wonder Woman showed up. That and the Batmobile scene were her favorite parts. She turned to me at one point and asked me if Lex was the bad guy. When I told her yes she said that upset her because she liked him, haha. She cried at the end.
My daughter cried too. My kids and I are going back tomorrow and my wife said she wanted to go also. She's never seen a movie twice at the theater in then 20 years we've been together.

My daughter cried too. My kids and I are going back tomorrow and my wife said she wanted to go also. She's never seen a movie twice at the theater in then 20 years we've been together.

That's really awesome.

Pachimari

Man it's comments like those, that people cried at the end or got emotional. I'm really curious what that's all about. I wouldn't mind if Louis dies lol.

How much have it made worldwide so far?

IconGrist

I just learned about the Jimmy Olsen thing. Meh, don't care.

BUT I did realize watching it again today that that is the same guy who played Lex's cloned brother in Smallville.

Ashhong

Bluray set for July 16th release date. Collectors edition ships at the end of July on the 27th.

Lol, was it Faraci?

Can't wait to buy a steelbook for this. I hope it has amazing cover art.

And nope, it was this random dude off of RT. I didn't read the whole review, just the snippet

http://aisleseat.com/batman-superman.htm

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is one of the worst superhero movies ever made. It is worse than Batman & Robin. It is worse than Catwoman. It is worse than last summer's Fantastic Four (or at least more disappointing). It is the worst Batman movie ever. Only Superman IV: The Quest for Peace keeps it from being the worst Superman movie ever.

I can't even imagine translating this movie into another language. The way Lex speaks is heavy with western allusions, I wonder how that goes over in China.

DirtyLarry

Thinking about Superman vs Batman (or whatever the hell it is called) some more especially after reading some of the reviews out there I think it comes down to having likable characters. I am fine with gritty and serious but you HAVE to have likable/memorable characters. Even if it is you like them because they are so easy to dislike, simply put, you need characters with character.

Sure, there are some good action sequences. But in this day and age of considering where CGI is as a technology good action is pretty much a given for any blockbuster. No amount of action is going to sustain a 2 hour and 30 minute movie. At some point as an audience member I need to like (even if it means I dislike) at least one of the characters. Preferably several of them.

I just did not give a rats ass about any of the characters. None of them. Perhaps most disappointing was the most unforgettable portrayal of Alfred ever.

And I do not think this is one that is going to grow on me over time.

Being worst then Catwoman? Lol that's some crazy hyperbole. Those were different times..

However, for me, it's definitely one of the worst superhero movies to come out in the past decade.

Ashhong

This Chris Stuckmann guy is pretty good. I like how calmly and coherently he talks. He comes across as a genuinely good guy and he puts his opinions out there really well.

Subscribed.

Reduce the Lantern count, for one. Combine Hal and John into one character. Take Hal's history with Sinestro, John's high-detail constructs. Serious attitude, the best of the best. He's been away from Earth for a LONG time. 10 or more years. Because, you know, it's a big universe, and he's got 1/3600 of it to handle. Until Zod showed up, there was just no reason for a Lantern presence on Earth. But then Zod did happen. And then some other cosmic event. And it's becoming clear that this shit is gonna keep happening. So they recruit another.

The guy they recruit is Kyle, because fuck Guy and Simon Baz who?

Anyway, from there it's basically a cosmic buddy cop movie as John teaches Kyle the ropes.

Big thing I want them to do is NO GREEN BOLTS OR BUBBLES. Every construct should show who made it. And no one at a time stuff either, Green Lanterns should descend into battle surrounded by an army of their own creation.

no. let's stop trying to make John Stewart happen people. Stewart was interesting for one reason and one reason alone. he put Hal on blast and told him to pay attention to Earth's urban blight problems. that's it.
to combine him and Jordan into some amalgam does a disservice to both characters. and Hal isn't going anywhere, he's been Green Lantern since '59 and aside from a few breaks here and there in the past, he's here to stay whether you like him or not.

I honestly might watch this again this weekend.

It's 6 bucks in the morning and I got nothing better to do.

...Shit

they serve popcorn in the morning?

no. let's stop trying to make John Stewart happen people. Stewart was interesting for one reason and one reason alone. he put Hal on blast and told him to pay attention to Earth's urban blight problems. that's it.
to combine him and Jordan into some amalgam does a disservice to both characters. and Hal isn't going anywhere, he's been Green Lantern since '59 and aside from a few breaks here and there in the past, he's here to stay whether you like him or not.

they serve popcorn in the morning?

They need more diversity, bro. Merging Hal and John is a good way to do it.

duckroll

Today is the day. I don't trust Terrio, Goyer, or Snyder. But I'm going to take a leap of faith, the trust part will come later. Plus, I think Affleck's kinda hot.

rokero

The Beginning was indeed great as was the fight of metropolis seen from a human perspective really scary scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom