• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Zack is definitely directing Justice League and I'm very happy about it since there's plenty room for improvement back to Man of Steel/Watchmen levels

But now we gotta endure 1.5 years of shitposts in every Justice League casting, news, article, etc thread *sighs*

Eh be excited for new news if you're excited. If people go into threads with the sole purpose of shitposting then they need to be dealt with.

I remember reports indicating that they're going full God of War with it when it matters. So when there's a huge CG army and Ares is in full armor riding a fucking demon dragon or whatever, and she transforms into her full costume, I don't think the theme would be out of place!

Gah, giving me chills...

Shit that would be really cool.

Her theme wasn't electric guitars! It was electric violins.

GAWD GET IT RIGHT.

I will commit Sudoku to cleanse my family of this shame.

Soooo..will we get footage for JL1 at SDCC? Or just WW and Suicide Squad. (I really don't want to write SS for this movie).

Maybe a tiny teaser, but they'll only have a couple of months worth of shooting at that point. I wouldn't hold your breath.

ryan299

So does today not count? This shit confuses the hell out of me sometimes.

They estimate Sundays. WB's estimates for today are 34 million. Some are saying it will be lower bc of the holiday and the film will only get a 167-168 million weekend.

From twitter:
Only films opening to $150M+ to not pass $400M were SpiderMan3 & Potter8. Final #HarryPotter collapsed 72% in 2nd wknd.
Both those films had better Cinema Scores

Pachimari

Only 18 hours till I'm gonna go watch it for the first time!

I'm gonna continue my watch of Man of Steel, maybe I can even get some Watchmen in there tonight.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Should we just expect historically bad legs? I want nothing more than more this to be a moderate success for WB and the DCCU but everyone is pointing to a B Cinemascore as proof of a 2nd weekend collapse.

IHaveIce

Banned
Man the movie was as disappointing as I feared.
Kinda want to know why they thought a Lex Luthor that is more akin to the Joker or Riddler made sense to do.. so fucking stupid.

Well ofc it will make huge moneys but at least it gave me hope for a good batman movie

Simo

Haha just woke up to messages from my friends who I took last night to see it. Raving about it and wanting to know when we'll see it a second time, or for me it'll be my third! lol

Soooo..will we get footage for JL1 at SDCC?.

I think so yeah. They begin shooting on April 11th and SDCC is the end of July so Zack should have enough footage to show a little something along with having the entire Justice League and some of supporting cast assembled on stage.

2014's Comic Con BvS I think had been filming for just a couple of weeks but he still brought footage of Mech Batman standing in the rain turning on the signal with Superman hovering above that was hype as fuck and then brought out the Trinity cast on stage and revealed Wonder Woman's look to the audience.

Coincidentally the BvS Ultimate Edition is released the same week as SDCC...

Pachimari

Just finished my watch of Man of Steel. It took me three sittings but at least I did it. This was the 3rd time I watched it through till the end and I loved it much more this time.

It's actually incredible how I went from really hating it on my first watch to loving it right now.

It is too long for its own good, parts could have been cut down. I think the most boring part to me was the whole military ordeal. I understand why they are there and I am happy they were but the characters in the military were no-faces and they were just kind of there to stop this alien threat which is okay, they should absolutely be there, I just think I could have done with less.

Everything else were top notch. I did notice all of the collateral damage and I like how it can be argued how much of it is Superman's fault or the kryptons' fault. Really that whole aspect.

It's an above average comic book movie, that's for sure.

Can't wait for Batman v Superman tomorrow. I hope to see more of Superman's struggles and if Washington accepts that Superman wants to protect Earth on his own terms. I hope they won't accept it, as a superhero shouldn't operate completely on his own terms but let's see where this is going. Very interesting.

I'm also wondering about the end. It seems like Louis Lane already knows who Clark Kent is.

jrush64

Banned
It's made over $420 million which is great. I however don't see it making a billion. I hope it does though. Next week will be the real making or breaking point.

Pachimari

I predicted this movie would make $800.000 ww. I still hope it hits a billion though, the genre could need that.

Which are the other 3 movies who had a bigger opening than BvS and what were their numbers?

I'm going to watch Superman Returns now. I remember nothing of this movie at all but I do know I have watched it once before.

Tabby

Curious to see how the posters in this thread would rate BvS on a 1-10 scale.

6/10. Watching it for a second time in IMAX tomorrow morning so it might change. As it stands though the critics are way off as are the internet trolls and so are the fanboys. It's just an average dull comic book movie.

6/10. Watching it for a second time in IMAX tomorrow morning so it might change. As it stands though the critics are way off as are the internet trolls and so are the fanboys. It's just an average dull comic book movie.
Pretty sure there are more critics who found it mediocre or slightly worse than those who outright hated it, going by the score average.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
8.75/10 after my first viewing and a 9 after my second. Unique take on CBMs with more heart than anyone I've seen.

10/10 because fuck score numbers.

giphy.gif

Boke1879

Squad I think is going to blow the doors off.

7.5-8. Hugely better than a lot of people are giving it credit for, but ultimately suffers from choppy editing, soundtrack dissonance, and a lack of focus.

Squad will be interesting. I said it earlier but I think people will be more receptive to this. Sure the movie looks dark but it does seem to have a comedic tone as well. That and I think the action will be good as well. If that movie can get 700-800 Million WW that would be very strong.

jackdoe

I'd say 5/10. In pieces, it's good. But as a whole, it's a disjointed film and manages to muddle up strong themes that could have led to a very good movie. It's still an interesting movie to watch at least once, but is extraordinarily disappointing considering that everyone was on their A-game except for whoever was involved with the final cut of this film.

bryanee

8/10

I have Batman Begins and the Dark Knight at 10/10 and Days of Future past at 9 as my top three.

I'm interested to see how the Ultimate Cut will score.

Squad will be interesting. I said it earlier but I think people will be more receptive to this. Sure the movie looks dark but it does seem to have a comedic tone as well. That and I think the action will be good as well. If that movie can get 700-800 Million WW that would be very strong.

I'm not gonna try and guess BO numbers because I'm awful at it, but Squad a lot of novelty going for it that I think will improve audience and critical reception. It's a supervillain action comedy. I can't think of a time I've ever seen anything like that on the big screen.

3.5 for me. Not trying to be a troll or hyperbolic but that's just how I feel. There were good elements in the film (the visuals, the score, Affleck, etc) and I respect Snyder and Warner for their ambition but as a whole, I thought almost nothing worked in this movie. I left the theatre disgusted, I felt absolutely nothing at the end despite Superman being my favorite superhero.

I could see the director's cut being a 5 or a 6 for me, depending on some of the changes but I think this movie has too many script problems that cannot be fixed simply by a longer runtime. I would have rated Man of Steel a solid 8.5 and most MCU movies are around 5 or 6 for me, with Winter Soldier being a 7. Numbers!

Vyer

I'd probably put it 7/10. Maybe a little better than I would have put MoS after my first viewing.

Pretty sure there are more critics who found it mediocre or slightly worse than those who outright hated it, going by the score average.

Reading some the reviews though is often a nice cavalcade of critics trying to out hyperbole each other. Some of the vitriol is ridiculous. i imagine that is affecting the perception of the movie's critical reception more than score averages.

Boke1879

I'm not gonna try and guess BO numbers because I'm awful at it, but Squad a lot of novelty going for it that I think will improve audience and critical reception. It's a supervillain action comedy. I can't think of a time I've ever seen anything like that on the big screen.

No doubt. Outside of like Harley, Deadshot and Joker. A lot of these characters aren't all well known to most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom