• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

9/10 for me.

Maybe it'd change if I watched it again, but damn I loved this movie. Even all of my friends liked it, and a few of us loved it. A few people clapped at the end but it went away quite quickly lol.

Seriously, not getting the complaints. Just tidy up the editing/pacing and it'll be golden imo. Someone here said earlier that the movie has a lot of heart, and I have to agree. It felt so unique in its execution and totally against the norm. I loved it. :)

I can see the ultimate cut changing a lot of people's opinions. There's a lot of moments in there that are beautiful but the editing/pacing really do let the film down.

a916

Interesting seeing the Snyder interview about the ending.

Nolan played devil's advocate on not having the end thing happen and Snyder convinced Nolan... considering how talented and smart Nolan is, that's really impressive.

Pachimari

Are you talking about BvS? Because there is no retired or semi-retired Batman in it.

I thought in the DCEU universe, Batman have been retired for a while, but decides to come out when Superman turns up, thus Batman being a myth in the public?

Also, can someone deconfirm or confirm this rumor I just accidentally read on Facebook:
does Batman die? I can not imagine so, as I don't think they'll go with revival stuff, and he's in Justice League and Suicide Squad
, but just to be sure.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I thought in the DCEU universe, Batman have been retired for a while, but decides to come out when Superman turns up, thus Batman being a myth in the public?

Also, can someone deconfirm or confirm this rumor I just accidentally read on Facebook:
does Batman die? I can not imagine so, as I don't think they'll go with revival stuff, and he's in Justice League and Suicide Squad
, but just to be sure.
He
does not die

, but just to be sure.

I thought that too, because it was said in interviews and such, but it isn't touched in the movie. Maybe it will in the directors cut, who knows.

Pachimari

So I guess we can assume that he has come out of retirement in the DCEU officially, because they have stated so in interviews.

I just want just one second of The Flash. I don't care if it is in costume or not but just let me see him running by for one second. Or even him standing still but then he needs to be in costume. It would instantly be the best cbm of the year.

14:30 hours left till my showing.

So I guess we can assume that he has come out of retirement in the DCEU officially, because they have stated so in interviews.

I just want just one second of The Flash. I don't care if it is in costume or not but just let me see him running by for one second. Or even him standing still but then he needs to be in costume. It would instantly be the best cbm of the year.

14:30 hours left till my showing.

If you haven't seen the movie yet I'd stay away from neogaf and the internet in general. For the sake of spoilers and not having the negativity kill your buzz!

witness

2nd viewing today and it was a packed house which surprised me for a noon showing on Easter Sunday but that made me happy. So much better the second time around in 2D.

Just saw the global number, that really is fantastic. $1B should be a lock as it really only needs a 2.4ish multiplier. With no competition for 3 weeks, it's a great place for this movie to be in.

Pachimari

If you haven't seen the movie yet I'd stay away from neogaf and the internet in general. For the sake of spoilers and not having the negativity kill your buzz!
Luckily I'll be sleeping for the next 10 hours as we are hitting night here now. ;)

To be honest, I don't expect Flash to be in the movie. I'm just hopeful because I think they said in an interview that both Flash and Cyborg would have very minor cameos so I'm just hoping Flash will run by the screen for one second. Literally just one second, where you only see something came by fast.

I dunno, no idea. I'm just super excited to see the movie. Especially now that I really liked Man of Steel on my third watch.

Tabby

Or you could have the negativity lower your exceptions and have them be blown when you watch the movie.

Pachimari

I'm honestly just hyped the day before any cmb movie premieres. I'll feel the same way when Civil War, Suicide Squad and Doctor Strange premieres.

I don't expect this to be the best cmb movie at all. I expect it to be around Man of Steel. But I liked Man of Steel.

Boy, do we have problems up here!

giphy.gif

a916

Here's hoping it no unpredictable drops happen and it crosses that 1B mark. I have no idea how this bodes for reaching that 1B mark...

Well, most people seem to enjoy it. And even the people who think it's a 6/10 are seeing it multiple times it seems. It might manage to hit a billion comfortably.

Already done it twice, plan on going 3 and if anyone asks me for a 4th, I'll probably go again. I've never seen a movie in the theaters more than twice. Only seen Interstellar and Star Wars more than once along with Toy Story 3.

Here's hoping it no unpredictable drops happen and it crosses that 1B mark. I have no idea how this bodes for reaching that 1B mark...

Well, most people seem to enjoy it. And even the people who think it's a 6/10 are seeing it multiple times it seems. It might manage to hit a billion comfortably.

Loxley

It's also worth reiterating that BVS is basically the only noteworthy film in theaters until The Jungle Book hits in three weeks, and even then there's nothing huge for the 18-35 male demographic until Civil War.

Unless of course anyone wants to hedge there bets on The Huntsman drawing in that BVS crowd. Hooooo boy those trailers.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw it again; still love it. Jep, right up my alley. Went with my nephew, he loved it as well.

Wonder Woman entrance and her theme playing is the best moment in any CBM ever. I could watch that all day long. Also, that intro with Beautiful Lie playing. Goddamn. Please keep Snyder, I just love these movies.

Firemind

Just saw it again; still love it. Jep, right up my alley. Went with my nephew, he loved it as well.

Wonder Woman entrance and her theme playing is the best moment in any CBM ever. I could watch that all day long. Also, that intro with Beautiful Lie playing. Goddamn. Please keep Snyder, I just love these movies.
brofist

Verendus

Banned
Without knowing of its legs, it's somewhat impossible to say. $1b isn't a lock, as the worst case scenario with poor legs would be less than that, even with a strong opening like this. The worldwide opening does indicate that it's likely to pass that mark, especially with how it's performed in some territories overseas, but we'll know by the end of next week where it's most likely going to fall.

Pachimari

Fuck, just read on a newssites header, that
Cyborg and Aquaman turns up very briefly
but I kind of expected that, as it had been mentioned in interviews already.

I know Batman v Superman smashed the opening record in the Philippines too.

a916

Fuck, just read on a newssites header, that
Cyborg and Aquaman turns up very briefly
but I kind of expected that, as it had been mentioned in interviews already.

I know Batman v Superman smashed the opening record in the Philippines too.

You gotta stay off websites that you know have known to pull the trigger on spoilers super early. You're so close, stay off the websites!

How much did MoS make? $400m ww?

291 DOMESTIC/377 FOREIGN

You're wrong, it's the opening credit sequence of that same movie. (but seriously, that's a great move too)

Pachimari

Okay, I ventured into the OT of the movie, and this is the first thing I read:

Its probably the most disappointing superhero movie in the recent years.

How has the OT been? I don't want to subscribe to it, if it's just a bunch of negative posts.

You gotta stay off websites that you know have known to pull the trigger on spoilers super early. You're so close, stay off the websites!

291 DOMESTIC/377 FOREIGN

Yeah you're right. It was comicbookmovie.com as well. They always spoiler stuff. :(

Oh, $668m ww? Wow, that's a nice amount.

rokero

Glad to see the movie is tracking well, for the person who asked I give the movie an 8/10, not a big fan of Lex, the visions or knightmare ( it was cool but too long didn't add anything) and the movie should have been shorter imo

IconGrist

Like I said in another thread I am conflicted. I don't think the movie deserves to hit a billion. It drops the ball too many times. On the other hand, I don't want it to fail because what it got right it knocked out of the fucking park.

And I liked the movie. Someone was asking about scores and I'm sticking to my 7/10. For me the good heavily outweighed the bad. But the bad's were pretty bad.

It actually pisses me off a little bit with something Snyder said. That the theatrical cut was a "workable" version. This movie had the potential to possibly be the biggest movie of the year and it was decided to just release a "workable" version and then say, "Hey it's okay, the best version that's super good comes out on Blu-ray in 3 months. Promise."

I can't decide if that's ignorance or arrogance.

I just realized that on the rooftop when
Lex is coercing Clark into killing Batman, the theme that plays when he starts throwing Martha's photos on the ground is the same theme that plays when Lara is about to send Kal to Earth
. It's called "Goodbye My Son". I thought that was a really nice touch.

Pachimari

I'm really surprised people didn't seem to like the Knightmare sequence, especially as it was probably one of the most anticipated scenes heading into the premiere.

jackdoe

Like I said in another thread I am conflicted. I don't think the movie deserves to hit a billion. It drops the ball too many times. On the other hand, I don't want it to fail because what it got right it knocked out of the fucking park.

And I liked the movie. Someone was asking about scores and I'm sticking to my 7/10. For me the good heavily outweighed the bad. But the bad's were pretty bad.

It actually pisses me off a little bit with something Snyder said. That the theatrical cut was a "workable" version. This movie had the potential to possibly be the biggest movie of the year and it was decided to just release a "workable" version and then say, "Hey it's okay, the best version that's super good comes out on Blu-ray in 3 months. Promise."

I can't decide if that's ignorance or arrogance.
I really want to see the director's cut to see if it improves the execution. This film is full of good to great ideas that are hurt by some very poor execution of those ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom