• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Meeh, not a big fan of Lord and Miller anyway. Jump Street was fine for 2 hours but rewatching it is kinda hard. Not a fan of their style of directing, nothing that really stand out. I was fine with them writing it tho.

Anyway, I was searching for this but couldn't find anything: who is scoring the Suicide Squad movie? Will it be Zimmer or are they bringing in someone else?

a916

Really wanted Lord and Miller... but really? You have billions riding on this universe and you're handing off a tentpole JL character to a guy who hasn't directed a thing in his life outside of two episodes?

Why the hell would you make this needless risk? They've stacked the cards in their favor for Batman V Superman and Justice League and then they go ahead and do something like this...

I'm not saying it won't succeed, but this is a massive risk to take.

Penguin

Really wanted Lord and Miller... but really? You have billions riding on this universe and you're handing off a tentpole JL character to a guy who hasn't directed a thing in his life outside of two episodes?

Why the hell would you make this needless risk? They've stacked the cards in their favor for Batman V Superman and Justice League and then they go ahead and do something like this...

I'm not saying it won't succeed, but this is a massive risk to take.

And oddly the movie with the biggest hill to climb since there is currently a version of The Flash that is much beloved...

So need to be good and better than the show

Maddocks

Had Edgar Wright right there. I rather have reports they asked him to do flash at least and he turned them down. We deserve a crazy looking show stealing flash. Edgar could have gave us that.

SoilBreak

Banned
Rumor: Scott Rudin To Produce “Justice League Dark” With Plans To Shoot In 2016

http://www.tracking-board.com/exclu...tice-league-dark-with-plans-to-shoot-in-2016/

Despite the departure of Guillermo Del Toro, it’s now apparent that the JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK adaptation, otherwise known as DARK UNIVERSE, is moving forward under the guide of Scott Rudin. Del Toro is still staying on as a producer, though he’ll no longer direct.

Sources confirm that Rudin is moving quickly on this one, making updates to the script and approaching directors. The project is now a priority for Warner Bros., with our sources also reporting that the studio is looking to shoot the superhero team-up film in 2016. Niija Kuykendall, Nik Mavinkurve, and Jon Berg are overseeing for Warner.

DaveH

Money drives the DCCU more than anything else and nothing speaks directly to that more than the investor relations call. With a soft Summer and Pan bombing at the box office, the WB will have a lot of answer for and a lot of that may come in the form of information meant to spur excitement and confidence in the DC superhero movie line-up among other WB films.

http://www.timewarner.com/newsroom/...rner-inc-to-report-2015-third-quarter-results

Time Warner Inc. to Report 2015 Third-Quarter Results
October 13, 2015

NEW YORK – Time Warner Inc. (NYSE: TWX) will report its 2015 third-quarter results on Wednesday, November 4, 2015, before the market opens. Senior management will host a conference call beginning at 10:30 a.m. ET to discuss the results.

A live audio webcast of the call will be available on our website at www.timewarner.com/investors. The conference call can also be accessed by dialing (877) 376-9405 (United States) or (330) 863-3351 (Outside the U.S.) and entering the conference ID number 60362883. Please dial in at least fifteen minutes before the call’s scheduled start to ensure you are connected in time for the beginning of the call.

A replay of the call will be available starting approximately two hours after the call has ended on Wednesday, November 4, 2015 on our website or by telephone. The telephone replay, which will be available until Friday, November 6, 2015 at midnight ET, can be accessed by dialing (855) 859-2056 (United States) or (404) 537-3406 (Outside the U.S.) and entering the conference ID number 60362883.

The earnings press release will be available on our website prior to the beginning of the conference call.

Q3 2015 Time Warner Inc. Earnings Conference Call

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 10:30 a.m. ET

Good info on financial call.

At the minimum I'm guessing we'll get a placement for Batfleck, hoping for some slate adjustments (earlier GLC & Shazam plz) and maybe some director/actor announcements. Maybe we'll luck out and get a MoS2 date.

Tabby

Not related to DCEU but I figured I'd post it here anyways, Goyer talking about the scrapped Green Arrow: Escape from Supermax

He told Den of Geek that before the Marvel boom, Warner Bros. executives didn't see any need for superhero movies aside from those starring heroes like Batman and Superman.

Tabby

Also equally as important.
... but the higher-ups, none of whom are at Warner Bros any more, just thought at the time, you know, we just want to make Batman and Superman movies.
Thank god whoever's decision it was aren't making decisions for DCEU now.

At this point, I just assume there will be a press release on the day it starts and we'll get tiny casting details that way.

Also, isn't there an investor meeting in a week or two?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, investor call info was only a few posts above.

Hadn't heard about the Eva Green and Sean Bean stuff. Personally, if we're getting a GoT actor for Ares I would want Charles Dance, but thats me.

Tywin as Ares would be casting gold. Not sure how I feel about Sean Bean though... Didn't really buy him as Zeus in Percy Jackson so he's 0/1 in playing Greek Gods IMO.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Forgot about that, is Tyrese still trying? They should call him and say they might need him for an event soon, he then goes on Twitter with his dick all hard and then they should just cast someone else as GL and never call him again.

Shaanyboi

Banned

But Harley Quinn still rules all: the insane psychologist-turned-villainess who became the Joker's love interest and sidekick remains the top Halloween pick, especially with her appearing as a character in the upcoming Suicide Squad film. In that movie, Margot Robbie plays the first live-action version of the character.

Wroooong

c223614d9c1d0b6e338161b95248b38b.jpg

I maintain that Birds of Prey was a show produced in... I dunno, Earth 3 or something that happened to air on our television because speedforce or something. It doesn't make any sense when viewed through the lens of a show created for people from our universe.

Effect

Birds_of_Prey_(cast).jpg

mwahahahahahahahaaa

Less said about that show the better. Still can't believe I watched it all as it aired..... Let me not lie here. There was a reason. It was Batman related and was hoping for a good show. Also that image of the stars was a big incentive. I still have a thing for Ashley Scott and Dina Meyer. From what I recall they never actually called her Harley Quinn in that. I think they just called her Dr. Harleen Quinzel.I could be wrong though as it's been years since I've seen the show. It's clear who she's suppose to be and they kinda have her starting to act like Harley tiny bit in the final fight from what I remember. It only technically counts I think. What we're getting is a faithful attempt at the character.

Loxley

Guys, you officially have one year to prep yourselves for every single couple you know dressing up as Joker and Harley Quinn for Halloween next year. You think you'll see a lot this year? Juuuuust wait.

Penguin

Someone articulated better than I could what they tend to mean when they say movies are "Grounded in realism" versus being realistic

there is a difference between realistic and grounded to reality. A flying alien with superpowers isn't realistic. However, grounded to reality is a completely different meaning: How the government reacts to a super powered being. How the military reacts. What effect it has on the world. People reject him, some love him. The government holds him responsible. They bring him to court. This is grounded to reality.
This is what WOULD happen if this were real. It is NOT the same as realistic.

Guys, you officially have one year to prep yourself for every single couple you know dressing up as Joker and Harley Quinn for Halloween next year. You think you'll see a lot this year? Juuuuust wait.

feel like you gotta be really damn good looking to pull off this kind of joker costume. and also get dat low bodyfat.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
feel like you gotta be really damn good looking to pull off this kind of joker costume. and also get dat low bodyfat.

Reminds me of this:

6622321327_2cfb608e98.jpg

So, unless you look just as good as Margot Robbie or Jared Leto...

3N16MA

Banned
Guys, you officially have one year to prep yourself for every single couple you know dressing up as Joker and Harley Quinn for Halloween next year. You think you'll see a lot this year? Juuuuust wait.

I read that Harley was the most searched Halloween costume this year. It has started.

DaveH

Someone articulated better than I could what they tend to mean when they say movies are "Grounded in realism" versus being realistic

"there is a difference between realistic and grounded to reality. A flying alien with superpowers isn't realistic. However, grounded to reality is a completely different meaning: How the government reacts to a super powered being. How the military reacts. What effect it has on the world. People reject him, some love him. The government holds him responsible. They bring him to court. This is grounded to reality.
This is what WOULD happen if this were real. It is NOT the same as realistic."

In reply to the issue that super powers are unreal why pursue reality, stolen from manofsteelanswers comments:

The “reality” at issue are two different things. The reality we like is “self-consistency” with the real-world as the ultimate example of self-consistency by necessity. Contrast that with the “reality” they’re equivocating it with, which means “nothing that is found in our real world.”

So, for example, you can praise a simulation for its “reality” under our definition… but by their definition it can never be praised because, by definition, a simulation ISN’T reality. It’s a foolish and unconvincing equivocation but because the word is used in both arguments it tricks the unsophisticated into believing they’ve made a valid point.

[ED: Then some examples:]
“The sign said, ‘Fine for parking here’… since it was fine, I parked!”
“All child-murderers are inhuman, thus, no child-murderer is human.”

I like the simulation example. The films are just pursuing a simulation plus self-consistent superpowers. The logical fallacy of criticism the "realism" is equivocating the fact that powers are external to reality / simulation at all vs. the idea that they can be realistically / self-consistently be simulated. I think. I might have Incepted myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom