• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Wonder Woman's theme is great. Also for me Ben Affleck is Batman. I cannot imagine anyone else anymore.

Affleck KILLED it as Batman. I mean. With most of the Batman actors, they may be pretty good as Bruce Wayne and not so good as Batman, or vice versa. Affleck is the definitive of both personas.

Affleck KILLED it as Batman. I mean. With most of the Batman actors, they may be pretty good as Bruce Wayne and not so good as Batman, or vice versa. Affleck is the definitive of both personas.

This is definitely true. We get a convincing Bruce Wayne (drunken playboy and acerbic wit), a detective, an engineer, a tactician, and a brutal fighter, all in one.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
This is definitely true. We get a convincing Bruce Wayne (drunken playboy and acerbic wit), a detective, an engineer, a tactician, and a brutal fighter, all in one.

I loved the tactician aspect. I could believe Batman's true strength is prep time for the first time in a live action movie :)

Also any one else got hyped by
Batfleck's work out scene? God damn he was jacked.

I am sorry ppl - I always wanted Justice League on screen rather than another solo Batman movie but I want that Solo Batman movie fastracked. I am indifferent about Justice League now ( unless they change the director )

Cavill's acting emotion.
I felt it when he was standing in that fire, I felt it when he said goodbye to Lois, I felt it when he cried in pain when Lex showed him those pictures.

Totally agree. But his strongest moment was when he
says to Lois, "This is my world. You are my world" and flies that spear into Doomsday's heart.

I loved the tactician aspect. I could believe Batman's true strength is prep time for the first time in a live action movie :)

Also any one else got hyped by
Batfleck's work out scene? God damn he was jacked.

I am sorry ppl - I always wanted Justice League on screen rather than another solo Batman movie but I want that Solo Batman movie fastracked. I am indifferent about Justice League now ( unless they change the director )

Yeah, that
workout montage
was damn cool.

Finally get to see this in about ten hours. No more dodging spoilers

onl2W8Z.jpg

Ashhong

I think with the Mexico scene he's more uncomfortable with
the way they're kind of treating him like an actual god
. Speaks well of his character, imo.

I didn't see him as uncomfortable. I saw him as just reflecting on life. Dude is going through some shit, thinking everyone hates him and then that happens

Cavill's acting emotion.
I felt it when he was standing in that fire, I felt it when he said goodbye to Lois, I felt it when he cried in pain when Lex showed him those pictures.

I remember some dudes review from this forum,
Saying he stood in the fire looking sad while everyone burned. God the stupidity towards this movie.

I thought that scene was extremely powerful. He felt so helpless. Coupled with the next scene saying how he failed to see it.

Also, people say he killed that general in Africa. I disagree. He says "I didn't kill those men" to Lois, I think that includes that General. It's entirely possible he went through the wall with his own hands and didn't drive the general through it directly.

3N16MA

Banned
I was more worried about Affleck pulling of Bruce Wayne even if it's not the most difficult role he has done. His looks were never in question. He looks like Bruce and he was going to look great as Batman.

I was afraid I may simply see Ben Affleck trying to be Wayne the same way I always see Clooney being Clooney.

He nailed it.

For real tho, one of the best bits in the movie is Supes saving that girl in Mexico from the burning building. The visuals + the MoS theme purring in the back was too good.

It was cut short though by a really weird next scene though, can't remember which but it definitely wasn't something with the same awe factor.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I also have to kind of wonder, but if Superman was smiling and mugging for the camera during any of those hero scenes, wouldn't that kind of be inappropriate? I just can't imagine anyone smiling during those moments of horror. Now, if he was just getting a kitten down from a tree, sure, smile away and be jolly, but those scenes didn't really call for it. It's showing that he's continuing to do good in the world while all this bad shit is going on around him. I think in the JL movie (which they said was going to be more upbeat in tone), he'll be the more "traditional" Superman. Sunshine and rainbows for everyone!

jackdoe

I remember some dudes review from this forum,
Saying he stood in the fire looking sad while everyone burned. God the stupidity towards this movie.

I thought that scene was extremely powerful. He felt so helpless. Coupled with the next scene saying how he failed to see it.

Also, people say he killed that general in Africa. I disagree. He says "I didn't kill those men" to Lois, I think that includes that General. It's entirely possible he went through the wall with his own hands and didn't drive the general through it directly.
I literally facepalmed when
Zack Snyder had Superman punch the general through a bunch of brick walls.
He really needed someone to keep his excesses in check.

Poona

Yeah, for sure. Hope he and WB/DC knows how good he is.

I knew he'd be great when first announced. Just looking at him you could tell he has a much better look for Bruce Wayne than Bale for instance.

Ashhong

I literally facepalmed when
Zack Snyder had Superman punch the general through a bunch of brick walls.
He really needed someone to keep his excesses in check.

That's what I'm saying though, he didn't
punch the general through the wall. He picked him up and flew through the wall with him. Theres a very good chance that guy is still alive.

But I do agree, not really necessary overall.

IconGrist

punch the general through the wall. He picked him up and flew through the wall with him. Theres a very good chance that guy is still alive.

Well he did say he didn't kill anyone.

onipex

Anyone else shocked that no one complained that Superman didn't save people in BvS yet? So many people are complaining about things they didn't see in the movie that are actually in the movie so I just expected that to pop up like it does in every MoS thread.

Anyone else shocked that no one complained that Superman didn't save people in BvS yet? So many people are complaining about things they didn't see in the movie that are actually in the movie so I just expected that to pop up like it does in every MoS thread.

I'll complain right now. He kind of did, but it was really detached from what was going on. This also eliminates that ridiculous Anderson Cooper stuff.

Ashhong

I saw some..

I'll complain right now. He kind of did, but it was really detached from what was going on. This also eliminates that ridiculous Anderson Cooper stuff.

How was the burning building scene detached?

The burning building scene showed, that Clark cared more about saving peoples live, rather than following a suspicious Bruce Wayne.

jackdoe

Well,
he didn't kill anyone, but it's the same excessive force that he's upset Batman uses.
It's one choice that was probably director decided, probably because Zack Snyder thought it was badass, and muddled the movie's story telling.

I saw some..

How was the burning building scene detached?

The urgency of the situation wasn't really there. There was no build up that it was a dangerous situation, it was televised there was a problem and he kind of just shows up.

Think about it this way, when Superman trying to stop World Engine, you see him struggle, try, and almost die trying to stop it.

The two best sequences from Returns was the airplane and him lifting the kryptonite island. The urgency and the seriousness of the situation pays off because they are built up.

The saving the girl never really pays off at all.
They could have cut to the little girl and her family mourning Superman at the end.

Ashhong

Well,
he didn't kill anyone, but it's the same excessive force that he's upset Batman uses.
It's one choice that was probably director decided, probably because Zack Snyder thought it was badass, and muddled the movie's story telling.

You really think back on that moment when thinking about the storytelling in this movie? Muddled the storytelling is giving that scene a lot of credit.

The urgency of the situation wasn't really there. There was no build up that it was a dangerous situation, it was televised there was a problem and he kind of just shows up.

Think about it this way, when Superman trying to stop World Engine, you see him struggle, try, and almost die trying to stop it.

The two best sequences from Returns was the airplane and him lifting the kryptonite island. The urgency and the seriousness of the situation pays off because they are built up.

They could have cut to the little girl and her family mourning Superman at the end.

I think we need to remember this isn't MoS2. A scene like that doesn't really have a huge place in this film. Could it have been cool to see? Sure. But I don't think it would have been for any reason more than the audience being impressed. Besides, you only said something about feeling detached, nothing about urgency in your OP

jackdoe

You really think back on that moment when thinking about the storytelling in this movie? Muddled the storytelling is giving that scene a lot of credit.
Yes. It was your first introduction to Superman in the film. That's a pretty major moment that begins to inform your opinion of the character for the rest of the movie.

I think we need to remember this isn't MoS2. A scene like that doesn't really have a huge place in this film. Could it have been cool to see? Sure. But I don't think it would have been for any reason more than the audience being impressed. Besides, you only said something about feeling detached, nothing about urgency in your OP

Technically, this is a direct sequel. The entire thing is a sequel to what happens in MoS to say otherwise is weird.

It's detached because it literally earns him nothing. They never reference it again. It was kind of there, but nothing pays off on it.

A sequence like that absolutely has a place in this movie since part of the movie pertains to the actions of Superman.
They could have him saving people in Metropolis from Doomsday. The sequence where Doomsday throws him next to the monument; have protesters there and he saves them...queue sad montage at the end of people with a change of heart...bam HERO.

a916

I don't know, we had so much complaints about how he doesn't save anyone and I just veiwed it this addressing that. Neither this nor the Reeves Superman 1 montage of saving people adds anything to the plot. But that doesn't mean they aren't necessary to show his growth into that role.

Technically, this is a direct sequel. The entire thing is a sequel to what happens in MoS to say otherwise is weird.

It's detached because it literally earns him nothing. They never reference it again. It was kind of there, but nothing pays off on it.

A sequence like that absolutely has a place in this movie since part of the movie pertains to the actions of Superman.
They could have him saving people in Metropolis from Doomsday. The sequence where Doomsday throws him next to the monument; have protesters there and he saves them...queue sad montage at the end of people with a change of heart...bam HERO.

It's almost like Superman isn't doing it to gain anything or for any kind of pay off.

Simo

A Superman game would be aces but is there even one in secret development or what?

Rocksteady teased in their last video update they might not be done with Batman so I wonder whats up with that? Even though their Batman games were great I still wished they had incorporated more of Batman's detective skills and the Batcave.

It was a tough as balls game that was also kind of shite but I loved what Batman & Robin did where villains and thugs would leave clues you'd have to find to take back to the Batcave to analyze and figure out potential other targets or hits along with the time and then race out the cave in the Batmobile to stop the crime. lol

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, strafer is seeing it for the first time today?

The WW moment with her music playing is burned into my memory. Can't stop thinking about it, sogood.gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom