• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Same, if the Knightmare scenario is what they're looking to do for the Justice League film then that's ballsy as fuck and I'm hoping they stick with their current plans.

While 800 million isn't bad. The movie could and should have made more. That said they don't really need to change much in the short term. SS is coming out. It's done. I think that will play much better with critics and audiences imo. Most are excited for WW so a good trailer could really increase the hype. If those movies can do 700-800 million in their own right WB is on a good course imo.

They probably just need to have more control over JL. Making sure it stays the course. They really don't need to change anything. The tone is fine and JL is supposed to be more lighthearted although I'm sure still serious. But at the end of the day JL should be your typical superhero team up movie. I think there will be so many fantastical elements to it that you just gotta have fun with it.

Simo

You would think WB would have their internal estimates and plans based on their own test screenings before the film was released and even with all that and they still announced JL filming in April. That and all weekend was the headlines of how many B.O records the film broke to be the biggest superhero opening ever right?

Again I would think prior to all this WB had accounted for the critical reception and possible hit to the receipts. Either way I hope this changes nothing and we get JL next year, directed by Snyder, as planned and announced.

Boke1879

So now we kinda have an idea Lex is responsible for this set of cubes going out. Is he doing it intentionally OR could Darkseid in that moment be controlling him?

Lombaszko

I... have no idea what that is o_O

It's clearly not the thing itself, it's built in the same way all those Kryptonian metal construct things are, but... I really don't recognize it. It's certainly not
Darkseid or Brainiac,
that's for sure.

Yeah, I was trying to see if it looked like
one of Darkseid's Elite but I can't pin point anything. Maybe on of them from the recent Justice League: Darkseid War?

tim1138

Yeah, I was trying to see if it looked like
one of Darkseid's Elite but I can't pin point anything. Maybe on of them from the recent Justice League: Darkseid War?

It's not an existing design for any of the
New Gods, from Apokolips or New Genesis.

Boke1879

I think that that's a recording. It's part of
what he saw in the Kryptonian Archive

Makes tons more sense.
And this seems to be placed after the DD fight and this special forces teams is bringing him into custody. but yea I think you're right. It seems to be the archives showing him these things.

shingi70

Banned
So we really have to spil that it's
Steppanwolf
. You can tell from the helmet.

Not Sure i'm a fan of all the symbolism mixed in with the straight up Sci-fi.

Boke1879

So we really have to spil that it's
Steppanwolf
. You can tell from the helmet.

Not Sure i'm a fan of all the symbolism mixed in with the straight up Sci-fi.

Well in the context of the film and how Lex keeps talking about Gods and devils. I think it fits.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Film only made 166.1 million opening weekend. Not good at all.
Not bad, but it could have been better.

I didn't want it to be mega succesful because they would think the film is critics proof and not fix anything for JL. Not reaching 170m is, at the very least, gonna give them pause and look at stuff. Good critical reception would have mean wrecking the box office.

Boke1879

Not bad, but it could have been better.

I didn't want it to be mega succesful because they would think the film is critics proof and not fix anything for JL. Not reaching 170m is, at the very least, gonna give them pause and look at stuff. Good critical reception would have mean wrecking the box office.

I think right now they should just stay the course. They've already said JL would be more lighthearted and I would assume that anyway. It's a suphero recruitment/teamup movie. It should be "fun" in a sense. That said I agree they need to have a more active role in JL. Make sure it does exactly what it needs to. Doesn't have to be perfect but it has to push the next phase of movies.

So, I just got to thinking that Suicide Squad's story might actually tie in with the Darkseid / New Gods aspect they're heading towards in the future movies. Like, some of the stuff in the trailers looks incredibly alien. Could be that they're recovering something akin to a motherbox?

Obviously completely speculative, but I think it'd be an interesting way to tie it into the universe beyond a Batman cameo.

duckroll

So, I just got to thinking that Suicide Squad's story might actually tie in with the Darkseid / New Gods aspect they're heading towards in the future movies. Like, some of the stuff in the trailers looks incredibly alien. Could be that they're recovering something akin to a motherbox?

Obviously completely speculative, but I think it'd be an interesting way to tie it into the universe beyond a Batman cameo.

I think it's more like Suicide Squad will tie into the more supernatural elements of the universe. Enchantress is going to be nuts.

I think it's more like Suicide Squad will tie into the more supernatural elements of the universe. Enchantress is going to be nuts.

It'll be doing that anyway thanks to Enchantress and Katana. Just seems that there's a lot of sci fi stuff happening as opposed to magic. Like the goo everywhere doesn't really seem like the power set of Enchantress or any one else I can think of who's magical, but does look like some kind of alien tech.
Really looking forward to finding out more about who the bad guy is in the movie. Beyond the Joker of course.

3N16MA

Banned
The LEGO Batman Movie - Wayne Manor Teaser Trailer is up.

This is all you need to know:

sb37WKO.png

Apparently he faced an abomination before, looks like part of scout ship.

Ah, true. Just...a lot of the references are obvs way beyond gen public but the ping ping ping was awesome for me and that deleted scene would have gone some way to explaining how Luthor got the knowledge. Kinda love how nervous he looked when he knew what was coming.

Hmm possibly...I heard someone say the alien robot thing in SS trailer was an OMAC unit, but I suspect the key and linking factor to a lot of the fringe science and tech in the DCEU will be Mother Boxes. Although they are meant to be small supercomputers :p

I feel like maybe Joker will be one of the villains in SS but their mission will also be to destroy the OMAC Unit (if it is one) to cover up the fact it could be a STAR Labs construction and maybe they've had contact with aliens before Superman...and their excuse is the bad guys/Task Force X let their own experiments run amok and the good ol ARGUS saved the day. Or something.

So, I had to brush up on my New Gods a bit, but I have a guess. Could that figure be
Yuga Khan, Darkseid's dad
? The ship is suppose to be carrying historical records.

So, I had to brush up on my New Gods a bit, but I have a guess. Could that figure be
Yuga Khan, Darkseid's dad
? The ship is suppose to be carrying historical records.

It could be...but it vaguely looks like the New 52 incarnation of Steppenwolf, Darkseid's uncle and most trusted General. He's also gloriously OP and solo'd an army of tens of millions iirc in Earth 2. I feel like there'd be little point in going into histories of the New Gods, as in familial history, unless we got a New Gods movie. Which would be awesome but if we get an origin I expect it to be the N52 version...which is that Uxas grew frustrated at the Gods for ignoring those who walked the earth beneath their heaven, and while his brother Izaya warned him not to...Uxas stormed the palace of the Gods and killed all of them...inheriting their God souls in the process and ultimately becoming Darkseid. Izaya was gifted the soul of a dying God, becoming Highfather and the brothers clashed over their ideologies with their battle so fierce it cracked the planet in two giving birth to New Genesis and Apokolips.

/lore dump over :p

It could be...but it vaguely looks like the New 52 incarnation of Steppenwolf, Darkseid's uncle and most trusted General. He's also gloriously OP and solo'd an army of tens of millions iirc in Earth 2. I feel like there'd be little point in going into histories of the New Gods, as in familial history, unless we got a New Gods movie. Which would be awesome but if we get an origin I expect it to be the N52 version...which is that Uxas grew frustrated at the Gods for ignoring those who walked the earth beneath their heaven, and while his brother Izaya warned him not to...Uxas stormed the palace of the Gods and killed all of them...inheriting their God souls in the process and ultimately becoming Darkseid. Izaya was gifted the soul of a dying God, becoming Highfather and the brothers clashed over their ideologies with their battle so fierce it cracked the planet in two giving birth to New Genesis and Apokolips.

/lore dump over :p

idk, he just seems way too monstrous for Steppenwolf. I'm hoping at least some of the Apokolips New Gods have a human appearance. No need to make them all creatures.

Hell, of all the times Snyder opens his mouth in interviews, I hope we get something about this haha

Dead

well not really...yet
idk, he just seems way too monstrous for Steppenwolf. I'm hoping at least some of the Apokolips New Gods have a human appearance. No need to make them all creatures.

Hell, of all the times Snyder opens his mouth in interviews, I hope we get something about this haha
I'm hoping for a commentary on the Ultimate Cut...but Zack hasn't done one since Watchmen Ultimate Cut

WhiteWolf

How does everyone feel about that deleted scene? I think it's cool that they are going all in with New Gods stuff early on and it's cool to see weird stuff like this that will connect to future films.

Dead

well not really...yet
How does everyone feel about that deleted scene? I think it's cool that they are going all in with New Gods stuff early on and it's cool to see weird stuff like this that will connect to future films.
It's a way more organic tease than the other Justice League stuff, and directly ties into this movie's plot as there is now context as to why Luthor is clearly deranged at the end, so it also functions as a more connective element in the movie's story progression.

Boke1879

That adds to
Luther knowing Darkseid
is coming

Why are they releasing deleted footage this early? Lol...

This lol. It only helps serve the movie and universe.

I fear we would have have more complaints of "More pointless Justice league worldbuilding"

Even though this scene actually stays quite in context with the movie while building up the universe and possible threats in future movies. Even if majority of the crowd doesn't get it. Anyone can assume this will connect with future movies. I really can't wait for that uncut edition now.

Without going into spoilers I really wish they would have left it in. It clears up one of my biggest complaints about
Lex.

Without going into spoilers I really wish they would have left it in. It clears up one of my biggest complaints about
Lex.

agreed. I'm curious if a lot of the cut scenes, be it for time or whatnot, will flesh out things better. I mean, I know the Ultimate Cut can salvage an entire movie, but it will certainly improve it (Watchmen, Daredevil).

So based off this past week, I already have the thread title for the second Community OT

"Challenge of the Superfriends!"

Cool but I think for the next OT we should reference the upcoming all-star of a character Ropeguy to prepare the world for his greatness.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT2| Ropeguy Rises
DC Cinematic Universe |OT2| Ropeguy and his amazing Friends
DC Cinematic Universe |OT2| Knot your Father's Ropeguy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom