• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

The WW moment with her music playing is burned into my memory. Can't stop thinking about it, sogood.gif.
Yup!
Bruce at his computer looking at the files as you hear the drumbeat picking up and then the theme exploding when he sees the photo was fucking hype! lol

Yes I am. The date was so close to my birthday so I decided to wait.

0d8547e9aa59ecabad76099b244edbbe.jpg

Guessing that was for all of Gaf?

I didn't vote but I'd give it a 4/5. I really enjoyed the movie but some noticeable flaws prevent it from being perfect.

I guess it comes down to what you're looking for in a movie, the sum of BvS's good parts far outweighed it's problems for me. I am a more visually oriented person, I think that's why Snyder's films appeal more to me. Not that I don't enjoy a good story, but it is hard to enjoy if you don't like inferring things.

ReiGun

Wait, strafer is seeing it for the first time today?

The WW moment with her music playing is burned into my memory. Can't stop thinking about it, sogood.gif.

My theater erupted when she came on screen. Shit was so hype.

Also, because people like this kind of thing, theater reactions during trailers!

Through the Looking Glass: *crickets*
X-Men Apocalypse: *crickets*
Fantastic Beasts: *crickets*
Ghostbusters: We got an extended trailer instead of the one that debuted online. Got a couple of laughs.
Suicide Squad: *crickets* except for me singing along with Bohemian Rhapsody
Civil War: *crickets* except for a few kids who liked seeing Spider-Man.

Tabby

I can't get over how much this movie fucked over Superman.

He dies twice. He gets thrown around like a rag doll by BATMAN. Spends the entire movie with people hating him. He's never once a symbol of hope that he should be.
Death of Superman could have potentially resulted in an amazing movie but is instead completely wasted rendering all future Superman solo movies worthless because there'll never be any stakes.

He dies twice. He gets thrown around like a rag doll by BATMAN. Spends the entire movie with people hating him. He's never once a symbol of hope that he should be.
Death of Superman could have potentially resulted in an amazing movie but is instead completely wasted rendering all future Superman solo movies worthless because there'll never be any stakes.

All of that pales in comparison compared to the fact that he barely talks in the movie after a certain point. Either he gets explosively cut off, or the scene cuts itself, or he just straight up flies away. Marketed as a philosophical battle but we probably hear more of
Pa Kent's
than Superman's

Southside Jim

Neo Member
Heading out for a second viewing with the old man in a few hours. Haven't stopped thinking about this movie since Thursday--the ups and the downs. Interested in what a second, post-hype sitting will reveal...

Yep, the DC universe is barely starting and they have already wasted 2 potentially great storylines :

- The Death of Superman, why would you do this in his second movie when nobody on earth seems to even like him?
- The Dark Knight Returns : that's the movie that Snyder clearly wanted to make and those parts work in isolation but not in context of the movie.

jombag

Liked this movie though I have a question, Why did Wonder Woman decide to out herself here and not during Man of Steel?

Liked this movie though I have a question, Why did Wonder Woman decide to out herself here and not during Man of Steel?

I don't think there's a definitive answer for that other than Man of Steel was a Superman reboot and they didn't want to shove anyone else in. Other than that, I assume it was because she wasn't in Metropolis during the events of MoS.

Pachimari

So uh, what did you think?
I have to collect my thought but I couldn't have asked for much more.

It's strange because I had always been a Marvel fan (these days I just like all comic properties) and had always found Superman to be dull. I loved his development in Man of Steel and here in BvS I'm feeling for him. I'm on his side. And I love and root for Wonder Woman, and Batfleck is like the most badass motherfucker. I love that he's shooting, killing and being brutal.

jombag

I don't think there's a definitive answer for that other than Man of Steel was a Superman reboot and they didn't want to shove anyone else in. Other than that, I assume it was because she wasn't in Metropolis during the events of MoS.

Hmm you're right I guess, Its one of those where was the avengers during Iron man 3 question. Although I wouldve like to see WW go up against Faora.

Because she was no where near Metropolis at the time and the fight was over before she got there. You're better off asking where the Flash was since he could be there in a heartbeat, though he might not have his powers at that point.

Pachimari

I gotta say DC have me by the balls now. I finished Man of Steel yesterday for the third time and finally turned around to loving this rendition of Superman and the Krypton stuff. Batman v Superman today, was probably one of the best cbm I have ever seen.

I can rarely last through such a long movie but this time, I just wanted more.

I'm still not so sure about Doomsday. It didn't bother me as it did in the trailer but there were maybe a little too much blasting going on.

Firemind

I like to think she decides to join the battle because she has the hots for Bruce.

(I really want to see the Wonder Woman movie now.)

Bleepey

Guessing that was for all of Gaf?

I didn't vote but I'd give it a 4/5. I really enjoyed the movie but some noticeable flaws prevent it from being perfect.

I guess it comes down to what you're looking for in a movie, the sum of BvS's good parts far outweighed it's problems for me. I am a more visually oriented person, I think that's why Snyder's films appeal more to me. Not that I don't enjoy a good story, but it is hard to enjoy if you don't like inferring things.

I only posted it on GAF.

Pachimari

The Wonder Woman lasso moment was crap though. I expected her to spank some goons with it in a sexy way. I didn't know her lasso could light up though, I wonder if that was the lightning.

The Wonder Woman lasso moment was crap though. I expected her to spank some goons with it in a sexy way. I didn't know her lasso could light up though, I wonder if that was the lightning.

I think it usually has some sort of magical glow...but Wondy's smile during that fight was lovely. Gadot gets her

PBY

Banned

I thought it was cool in concept, I hope they tone down the CGI on her solo movie. It would be cool if it was closer to something like 300, which I think is what it will be?

I thought it was cool in concept, I hope they tone down the CGI on her solo movie. It would be cool if it was closer to something like 300, which I think is what it will be?

So you're saying they should tone down CGI and in the next sentence you give 300 as example ?

I'm just kidding.

PBY

Banned
So you're saying they should tone down CGI and in the next sentence you give 300 as example ?

I'm just kidding.

Lol I hear you. But that last fight was beyond that. I don't need it to be some practical swords and sandals shit, I'm cool with stylized action.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the Wonder Woman movie would be closer to the Donner Superman movie, think I read that somewhere. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Effect

I thought the Wonder Woman movie would be closer to the Donner Superman movie, think I read that somewhere. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
What I think was said by Geoff Johns was that Party Jenkins directing style reminded him of Donner as he used to work for him. Not that her film will be like or even close to that Superman film. It can't because it's dealing with World War 1.

RSLYG

Hmm...6.5 / 10

I have to agree with critics, editing was a mess.

I think trailers spoiled too much money shots ( bat vs supes stuff and especially batfleck vs thugs scene),but hey..you have to sell the film, so yeah...maybe next time I should just skip all trailers for next Batman solo and JL movie.

Last battle wasn't that interesting to me, it was okay.

Lex...I don't mind that Snyder took different take with this lex, that twitchy quirky nerd type, and I don't think he's Joker 2.0 like some ppl said.
But his motivation wasn't really clear and well told, and all his rethoric speech about god this god that blabla get tiresome. Or maybe I just missed some detail here.

So conclusion..still enjoyable for me.
Lets hope the director cut will fix all probs with this movie.

You may be thinking of this:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/700701110231629824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/tweet]

Doesn't really mean the movie will go for that tone.

PBY

Banned
it's already over $420MM worldwide. it's a huge success by nearly every measure and it has almost no competition for quite some time

This is what I assumed. The BO thread in the OT seems to think its disappointing though? I don't understand how this works.

Boke1879

This is what I assumed. The BO thread in the OT seems to think its disappointing though? I don't understand how this works.

It's WW tally will be the number that matters at the end of it all. Over 420 million WW is good. Next week will be the real test.

Hmm...6.5 / 10

I have to agree with critics, editing was a mess.

I think trailers spoiled too much money shots ( bat vs supes stuff and especially batfleck vs thugs scene),but hey..you have to sell the film, so yeah...maybe next time I should just skip all trailers for next Batman solo and JL movie.

Last battle wasn't that interesting to me, it was okay.

Lex...I don't mind that Snyder took different take with this lex, that twitchy quirky nerd type, and I don't think he's Joker 2.0 like some ppl said.
But his motivation wasn't really clear and well told, and all his rethoric speech about god this god that blabla get tiresome. Or maybe I just missed some detail here.

So conclusion..still enjoyable for me.
Lets hope the director cut will fix all probs with this movie.

Lex would say whatever he needed to manipulate and get the upper hand on people. At least that's my interpretation of his character.

Boke1879

Lex would say whatever he needed to manipulate and get the upper hand on people. At least that's my interpretation of his character.

I didn't mind his interpretation of the character. But I do hope they kinda tone him down in later movies simply based off of what happens to him. Still be crazy, unhinged and slightly quirky. But I want a more methodical, cunning Luthor.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda worried about the BO results, WOM/reviews could really hurt this movie. Imagine a crappy second week and 1 billion doesn't seem like a lock anymore. This could give WB enough reason to change their course, and I do not want that :(

I didn't mind his interpretation of the character. But I do hope they kinda tone him down in later movies simply based off of what happens to him. Still be crazy, unhinged and slightly quirky. But I want a more methodical, cunning Luthor.

He's methodical and cunning as hell. He just doesn't act it.

Look at the way he
manipulated Bruce
. Long-form control.

Sure, he will need to be more nuanced as he becomes a known quantity and more familiar in the universe. At least that's my expectation for the character.

T-Rex.

Banned
Kinda worried about the BO results, WOM/reviews could really hurt this movie. Imagine a crappy second week and 1 billion doesn't seem like a lock anymore. This could give WB enough reason to change their course, and I do not want that :(
Same, if the Knightmare scenario is what they're looking to do for the Justice League film then that's ballsy as fuck and I'm hoping they stick with their current plans.

Boke1879

He's methodical and cunning as hell. He just doesn't act it.

Look at the way he
manipulated Bruce
. Long-form control.

Sure, he will need to be more nuanced as he becomes a known quantity and more familiar in the universe. At least that's my expectation for the character.

Oh he was. I phrased it wrong. I guess I just want a more serious demeanor going forward ya know? I don't mind the quirkiness. I'd like to see him more focused and revenge driven. I really think they can turn him into an almost scary villain.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

The BO thread is working under the assumption the movie is going to drop 70% next weekend so everything is colored by that.

You guys should just stop worrying so much. The DCCU isn't going to crumble if this movie does 900M instead of $1B. It just gives people more things to talk about.

olympia

It's strange because I had always been a Marvel fan (these days I just like all comic properties) and had always found Superman to be dull. I loved his development in Man of Steel and here in BvS I'm feeling for him.

I personally don't understand this because I thought superman's character was incredibly flat and one-dimensional in BvS.

They just should have let Snyder make a straight up DKR movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom