• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Cool but I think for the next OT we should reference the upcoming all-star of a character Ropeguy to prepare the world for his greatness.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT2| Ropeguy Rises
DC Cinematic Universe |OT2| Ropeguy and his amazing Friends
DC Cinematic Universe |OT2| Knot your Father's Ropeguy

Shouldn't it be DC Extended Universe?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
4 months until Suicide Squad!

Protector of Martha's everywhere. lol

ryan299

Just got out of my second viewing. Still has problems but it was much better.

just saw the deleted scene. They should've kept it in the film.

I'm torn between a Squad reference and a nod at the Legion of Doom.

|OT| Meanwhile, at the headquarters of the Legion of Critics

Probably too long and passive aggressive.

|OT|Ropeguy Dies for BvS' sins

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Been listening to Beautiful Lie and Is She with you all day. Just missing the visuals, can't wait for the extended cut.

The LEGO Batman Movie - Wayne Manor Teaser Trailer is up.

This is all you need to know:

sb37WKO.png

Fantastic. Can't wait for this.

Effect

Without going into spoilers I really wish they would have left it in. It clears up one of my biggest complaints about
Lex.

It does make things clearer but it would have easily killed the flow of the end with how the theater version is. Here's hoping it's put back in for the director's cut.

Also listen really close to the 0:04 mark.
That's likely not just a projection. Lex Luthor's name is being spoken by it from how it sounds.

Pachimari

Wait, I just read an article saying the guy
who gave Bruce Wayne the message from the future was The Flash, but I clearly saw Cyborg. It was Cyborg who delivered that message, right?

ryan299

Not bad, but it could have been better.

I didn't want it to be mega succesful because they would think the film is critics proof and not fix anything for JL. Not reaching 170m is, at the very least, gonna give them pause and look at stuff. Good critical reception would have mean wrecking the box office.

WB will be reexamining a lot. Just read that BvS had the worse Friday to Sunday drop of any superhero film. Also the Cinema Score of the film is the same as Catwoman, Elektra, Daredevil and Green Lantern. None of these are good things.

Firemind

Nah, Cyborg seem like he will be the jobber of the league. At least until Hal shows up. Aquaman actually looks like a real asshole from the clip and promos so maybe he will amount to something.

WB will be reexamining a lot. Just read that BvS had the worse Friday to Sunday drop of any superhero film. Also the Cinema Score of the film is the same as Catwoman, Daredevil and Green Lantern. None of these are good things.

[insert Bobby Roberts posts on how CinemaScore doesn't mean shit]

Effect

Woah how could I not see that!? Wow.

That's so cool. Now I wanna watch it a second time.

It's easier to see it the second time.

I do hope WB does look things over. I really enjoyed the film. I can see some faults but it really is a question of how much of that is related to cutting an entire 30 minutes out of the film to get the run time down. If many of the issues people have with the film (big or small outside of tone) are addressed with the director's cut then WB should just release a three hour film if this situation happens again.

a916

Nah, Cyborg seem like he will be the jobber of the league. At least until Hal shows up. Aquaman actually looks like a real asshole from the clip and promos so maybe he will amount to something.

Good one... Hal the the real MVP. Hal and Barry will be the fan favorites because of the comedy.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It's easier to see it the second time.

I do hope WB does look things over. I really enjoyed the film. I can see some faults but it really is a question of how much of that is related to cutting an entire 30 minutes out of the film to get the run time down. If many of the issues people have with the film (big or small outside of tone) are addressed with the director's cut then WB should just release a three hour film if this situation happens again.

Or divide the film in two parts? Somehow I wonder if that 'BvS is divided in two parts' report wasn't actually bullshit and it was on the table for a while. Snyder said they had almost 4 hours of footage of this movie.

When can we expect the next Suicide Squad trailer?
Maybe in May for Civil War at the earliest.

If there is another WB tentpoles releasing in the summer then it's probably gonna be there but I can't recall any right now.

If not we'll definitely get something for CC. By then the movie comes out the next month so that's prime "final trailer" territory.

Movie only really needs one more trailer anyway to make the usual trinity of main ones.

Effect

Or divide the film in two parts? Somehow I wonder if that 'BvS is divided in two parts' report wasn't actually bullshit and it was on the table for a while. Snyder said they had almost 4 hours of footage of this movie.

When I heard about the three hours I did wonder if that rumor had some truth to it.

BadAss2961

Definitely not a fan of the 2 part idea. That's just too much.

BvS does feel like a movie with 30 minutes worth of connective tissue cut out though. What's there is mostly great, but it moves too fast. Needed more room to breathe. The director's cut should be a notable improvement.

Bleepey

Cool but I think for the next OT we should reference the upcoming all-star of a character Ropeguy to prepare the world for his greatness.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT2| Ropeguy Rises
DC Cinematic Universe |OT2| Ropeguy and his amazing Friends
DC Cinematic Universe |OT2| Knot your Father's Ropeguy

DC Cinematic Universe |OT2| Shibari Steve's Scarlett Shirt

Raptor

Is there ayway to buy the entire DC Animated Series and movies?

I watched Throne of Atlantis last night, was fun and I want to watch everything.

Green Lantern.- "The Bat is too good for us now?"

lols.

Penguin

I watched Throne of Atlantis last night, was fun and I want to watch everything.

lols.

I think Batman and Superman TAS are on Netflix
Justice League/Unlimited are on Netflix.

You'll need a combination of services for the movies and even then not all of em

Ashhong

lols.

I'm in the same boat as you haha. Watched the 2 new DCAU movies, and have been watching Justice League ever since. Netflix has a good amount of stuff. Also watch Public Enemies, which was on Youtube I think.

Raptor

shingi70

Banned
Anyword on when the Ultimate Edition is going on pre-order?

Planning for a second viewing something this week, looking back at it my main two problems are
I feel like this movie did nothing but shit on Clark, and I really don't have much faith in Snyder tackling the Return of Superman.

Also get rid of this forced god allegory shit. It really only works for Kingdom Come and sucks anywhere else. If you want to use it for Wonder Woman and other magic based characters but Goddamn what makes Superman and Man of Steel so awesome is the Science Fiction angle.

Forbes is running an article saying BvS has had the worst drop mid-weekend, ever. Whatever, man. Let's wait for the numbers next week.

Jeez, some people are desperate to bury this film.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Forbes is running an article saying BvS has had the worst drop mid-weekend, ever. Whatever, man. Let's wait for the numbers next week.

Jeez, some people are desperate to bury this film.

Be happy you didn't read this new Telegraph article. Google 'Telegraph superheroes' and it'll come up. I'm on phone so cannot paste right now. Get ready for the worst thing you'll ever read. Incredibly insulting for comic book readers, especially.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Just saw it for the third time and I'll gladly stand alone with affinity for this film. The score is beautiful and it's in a class by itself visually. I really enjoy the story and as I've mentioned before, this film has more heart than any CBM I've ever seen and it's not even close.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT - Never mind, I'm dumb

Just read through it and hahahahhahahah wtf was that shit???

Like, how is that even allowed to be published?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom