• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Context

Like assume easy to set March records since really not a ton of competition, but how is it doing... like numbers seem good and healthy. But are these normal weekday drops? Does it speak to like a steep decline over the weekend?

It's both good and bad, depends on your bias.

ryan299

Context

Like assume easy to set March records since really not a ton of competition, but how is it doing... like numbers seem good and healthy. But are these normal weekday drops? Does it speak to like a steep decline over the weekend?

Most believe it will have a 60% decline and make somewhere between 58 and 65 million this weekend.

The people in the box office thread say it's following Furious 7 track which means somewhere between 350 and 400 million domestic but closer to 350. Furious 7 made 353.

3N16MA

Banned
Context

The March record was set by Hunger Games at 152M which means opening at 166M in March is a decent number.

Furious 7 is a good comparison simply do to both opening on the same holiday weekend. The Monday drop was slightly better for BvS in comparison but early reports have the Tuesday drop at nearly 19%. Furious 7 dropped 5% on its first Tuesday and currently looks like it will surpass BvS Tuesday gross.

60% drop at the least is expected but it could easily be higher.

Some 2nd weekend drops from other films:

AoU - 59.4%
MoS - 64.6%
Deadpool - 57.4%
IM3 - 58.4%
TDKR - 61.45
TASM 2 - 61.4%

It's hard to imagine BvS not having a 60%+ drop. Could be closer to 65%.

It is also falling short of some expectations in China.

ryan299

Interview with Affleck's Agent. THR. WB backing up that truck of money as we speak.

Patrick, how long do you think Ben will want to play Batman?

WHITESELL: Well, he's contracted to do at least Justice League One and Two, so at least three times wearing the cape. And there's a script that he's written that is a really cool [Batman] idea, so that's out there as an option.

Would you ever suggest Matt (Damon) do a Batman movie with him?

WHITESELL (Laughs.) No. I don't think there's room for both.

i don't want no batbrats. no damien in this universe please don't do it. i will accept tim drake, barbara and dick tho.

i would so be down for a casey affleck red hood. it would be incredible, they'd have to do something about that age thing though. Maybe make him batman's former apprentice who was only a few years younger.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Everybody wants him for everything lol. He's probably going to land Han Solo. People want him to replace Ford as Indiana Jones if he does it for Han.

Didn't Zimmer say he came up with a theme for every JL member?

That was the idea, but I doubt he did it at this point. Superman and Wonder Woman, that is pretty much it. And the 'emotional' part of Batman, so that is basically the Bruce Wayne part while Junkie was working on his action theme. That leaves Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and Green Lantern. So Junkie will probably be handling those.

i don't want no batbrats. no damien in this universe please don't do it. i will accept tim drake, barbara and dick tho.

i would so be down for a casey affleck red hood. it would be incredible, they'd have to do something about that age thing though. Maybe make him batman's former apprentice who was only a few years younger.

You cray cray, Batdad is best Bat. Go read Lil' Gotham and apologize to Dustin Nguyen.

I'm with Disco. Stick to Barbara, Dick, and whoever got smashed by the Joker. I'm not a fan of the Batfamily, but I know some of them will be pulled in regardless. Just like how I really don't care to see the Red Hood story told again, but I know that will be part of a solo Batman film.

i think of a little kid interacting with affleck (or bale's) bruce and it just sounds terrible. would prefer much older team members. there's no room for damien in this film-verse imo.

i think of a little kid interacting with affleck (or bale's) bruce and it just sounds terrible. would prefer much older team members. there's no room for damien in this film-verse imo.

Damien I think could have a more interesting dynamic than usual, because this is a Batman who's been every bit as ruthless as his kid has been trained to be. If they handle the character arc properly, it could work really, really well.

READ LIL GOTHAM Y'ALL

I'm not kidding the book is amazing

tim1138

Damien I think could have a more interesting dynamic than usual, because this is a Batman who's been every bit as ruthless as his kid has been trained to be. If they handle the character arc properly, it could work really, really well.

READ LIL GOTHAM Y'ALL

I'm not kidding the book is amazing

Nevermind the fact a well written Damian would play perfectly off Irons Alfred.

Dead

well not really...yet
I would like to see Tim Drake, he could be like 17-18, I think it can fit within the context of this universe

But the first Batfleck should be solo

I would like to see Tim Drake, he could be like 17-18, I think it can fit within the context of this universe

But the first Batfleck should be solo

Nah, the first Batfleck movie needs to seed the second aspect of the DCCU, the Batfamily-verse.
First movie introduce Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl / Oracle and Tim Drake's Robin. Follow that up with Teen Titans film, Birds of Prey film and Red Hood and the Outlaws / Red Hood and Arsenal film whilst the main Bat-movies focus on Bruce and Tim.
Then, when Affleck decides to step down as Bruce, Nightwing takes on the cowl with Damien Wayne.

ryan299

Just saw that the movie has grossed 500 worldwide now.

Warner Bros International reporting that the cinematic brawl between the Dark Knight and Son of Jor-El is now at $501.9M worldwide. Tuesday’s global take is $33M, and foreign B.O. now stands at $308.6M. We reported earlier that stateside ticket sales are at $193.27M with $200M in sight for today. The Monday-to-Tuesday decline was a healthy 34% post-Easter Monday in many offshore markets. In a statement, Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, Warners’ president of Worldwide Distribution beamed, “These incredible numbers are building momentum for not only this movie but for the upcoming slate of DC superhero films.”

Also surprised nobody has made a thread about the solo Batman movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom