• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like a female Robin too.
Young Elektra
in DD season 2 seemed to be a badass.
Lets do it

4d96665fee32c840eabb54f114806656.jpg
Worlds%2BFinest-Zone-005.jpg

Jason Todd is in Suicide Squad, he has green hair now.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I really really really don't want this theory to pan out.

So I'm looking at this Li'l Gotham Vol 1 and in the recommended tab I see Study Hall of Justice. Now I'm torn.

Shialebouf.gif

Also, littlegirlwhynotboth.gif

The art for this is really hilarious to me that it will be hard not to keep laughing at it.

Is cute as hell.

Fuck double post lol.

:p

It is cute as hell!

Lets do it

I'd be down for that.

Who is this and what comic is that from? Looks really cool.

Helena Wayne, daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, Robin of Earth 2. Those panels are from New 52 Worlds' Finest.

Why is every comic girl so pretty?

An ideal to strive towards. One day, we will all join them in the sun salon.

a916

I can't tell if it's a culmination of knowing Batman and Superman were going to be on screen for the first time in 75 years, or the emotional beauty of the opening and that haunting track by Hans Zimmer or those amazing camera choices/angles... but that intro to Batman V Superman moved me. Had me legit shook. I didn't expect in my wildest dreams to feel that way.

Especially since
it's a scene we've seen done so many times before. Tells his entire origin in such a poetic way. "In my dreams, the bats took me in to the light... what a beautiful lie"

I find it pretty interesting that the user scores for BvS on IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, and Metacritic are all between 7.2 and 7.4. I don't agree with the whole "this movie is for fans and not for critics" argument, but this is kind of a considerable gap between critics and users.

I can't tell if it's a culmination of knowing Batman and Superman were going to be on screen for the first time in 75 years, or the emotional beauty of the opening and that haunting track by Hans Zimmer or those amazing camera choices/angles... but that intro to Batman V Superman moved me. Had me legit shook. I didn't expect in my wildest dreams to feel that way.

Especially since
it's a scene we've seen done so many times before. Tells his entire origin in such a poetic way. "In my dreams, the bats took me in to the light... what a beautiful lie"

"There was a time above, a time before. There were perfect things, diamond absolutes. But things fall. And what falls, is fallen."

Terrio da gawd tbh.

IconGrist

Lois is the victim of being a side character nowadays. There hasn't been a whole lot of emphasis on her in a while. Snyder cut out a lot of Lois scenes in MoS and appears to have done the same in BvS.

Ashhong

Lois is the Queen of Dumb Plots, and most of the time because she walks into them looking for a scoop.

She had a whole series of comics about becoming a robot, an alien, a person of minority, etc.

we need more of those

I've completely forgotten how useless Lois can be. I am only reminded of Smallville. She could handle herself pretty well in that show, but man did she have some stupid plots.

Lois is the victim of being a side character nowadays. There hasn't been a whole lot of emphasis on her in a while. Snyder cut out a lot of Lois scenes in MoS and appears to have done the same in BvS.

Really? I think that she's one of the few characters who got all the screentime her plot needed, and then some.

In the comics, she's also doing pretty well. She just had a big role to play in the latest Superman arc, and her pre-Flashpoint version is kicking around too.

IconGrist

Really? I think that she's one of the few characters who got all the screentime her plot needed, and then some.

In the comics, she's also doing pretty well. She just had a big role to play in the latest Superman arc, and her pre-Flashpoint version is kicking around too.

Aren't they breaking up Supes and Wondy and putting him back with Lois? Or is that just the pre-Flashpoint versions keeping the status quo?

Aren't they breaking up Supes and Wondy and putting him back with Lois? Or is that just the pre-Flashpoint versions keeping the status quo?

Supes and Wondy already broke up, but there's been a lot of shit going on since then.

And yeah, pre-Flashpoint Lois & Clark are still married.

a916

Apparently a Hollywood trade is going to break a big superhero scoop, Umberto just mentioned on his periscope and he's going to dropping a different scoop on his show which should be uploaded tomorrow.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Of course it's not too smart for Marvel fans but many of his points contrasting BvS with MCU movies ring true.

Aquaman Wonder Woman pairing is the best, Superman second, The Batman pairing doesn't make sense to me

I like Batman/WW because he's ultimately just a man. There's a nice contrast there, the friendly super woman and the less than friendly regular (relatively) human. WW/Superman is too... on the nose. Pair up the superpeople!

Aquaman is just wrong. Mera 4 lyfe.

rokero

I like Batman/WW because he's ultimately just a man. There's a nice contrast there, the friendly super woman and the less than friendly regular (relatively) human. WW/Superman is too... on the nose. Pair up the superpeople!

That's the thing Batman/WW they don't have anything in common, Supes and WW are practically made for each other I liked the way their relationship is handled in Kindom Come

Arthur and Diana on the other hand are both royalty but really I just like their sick relationship in Flashpoint

Exactly. The Bruce/Diana scenes were some of my favorite parts of BvS and were a highlight of the JL/JLU cartoon show in the 00s for me. Very underrated pairing imo.

duckroll

Of course it's not too smart for Marvel fans but many of his points contrasting BvS with MCU movies ring true.

Only in superficial ways. Ultimately films are made for a variety of different reasons and people watch and appreciate them for different reasons too, even the same people. It's not contradictory to be able to enjoy a Marvel film for it being mostly a relaxing good time with familiar superheroes in an interconnected universe, while also holding something like BvS to a higher standard -because- of what it aspires to be, and being more critical of it when it fails to hit those standards.

I certainly felt that way with Man of Steel. It disappointed me greatly. But I've since changed my tune. I think Snyder is still good. He breaks films, he tears them down. But he can rebuild, he can be better. He has to be.

That's the thing Batman/WW they don't have anything in common, Supes and WW are practically made for each other I liked the way their relationship is handled in Kindom Come

Arthur and Diana on the other hand are both royalty but really I just like their sick relationship in Flashpoint

What, you've never heard of an odd couple? Opposites attract and all that.

As for Flashpoint, it was fun, but Mera is just too good.

Exactly. The Bruce/Diana scenes were some of my favorite parts of BvS and were a highlight of the JL/JLU cartoon show in the 00s for me. Very underrated pairing imo.

Indeed.

I suspect that they're going to go for WonderBats in the DCEU.

I'm a filthy WW/Superman supporter, come at me.

Though it's more about his new 52 take than his pre-flashpoint one. New 52 Superman doesn't history with Lois and he can relate more with WW than Lois, he didn't really have anyone he could talk to about his powers, with ma/pa both gone.

BatCat is the OTP for Batman. I don't see his chemistry with WW, two different worlds, she'll just outlive him anyways. I'll take it over Talia though.

I wish they went forward with Helena Wayne in prime earth instead of Damian.

Lol, nobody ships Bats and Talia except Talia. That is one dysfunctional ass relationship.

The only thing I find interesting about it is that Damian's grandfather is Ra's, and it makes his new costume cool. The actual relationship doesn't seem like it has much ground to stand on.

I want muh Stargirl/Billy to return. Wonder if JSA will have them both on it again.

Indeed.

I suspect that they're going to go for WonderBats in the DCEU.

Likewise, and honestly, I think that might be the best direction for them to go in. Everyone knows about Bruce/Selina at this point and has been done twice now in the previous live action Batman films. Hell, BvS seems to imply a previous romance between Bruce and Selina (and possibly also Bruce and Talia) having already happened in the DCEU timeline (
"I've known a few women like you..."
).

Having the DCEU possibly delve into other relationships for Bruce beyond Selina might actually be a really good way to deviate from the previous films. Have Wonder Woman be his current love interest in the JL films and then have Selina and/or Talia pop up in the solo films to give more insight in their past relationships- especially if Damian ends up appearing in the DCEU. I imagine that'd
please Alfred, considering his quip in the film about the unlikely prospects of "there being a next generation of the Wayne family."

Dead

well not really...yet
Apparently a Hollywood trade is going to break a big superhero scoop, Umberto just mentioned on his periscope and he's going to dropping a different scoop on his show which should be uploaded tomorrow.
Solofleck announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom