• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Seems the twitter hashtag images are gone. At least they're not showing up for me anymore. Didn't realize they were temporary.

overcast

I'm still thinking JL goes through a lot of reworking ending up in a delay. Meanwhile this new Batman is pushed as the next big thing after WW.

I'm still thinking JL goes through a lot of reworking ending up in a delay. Meanwhile this new Batman is pushed as the next big thing after WW.

Yeah, except that BvS is actually doing better than WB expected so far. One of them said the opening was about $100 million more than they thought it would be. I don't think JLA is going to be changed much at all. Especially considering it's already supposed to be the light ending to the MoS BvS JLA trilogy according to Terrio and Snyder.

Penguin

Seems the twitter hashtag images are gone. At least they're not showing up for me anymore. Didn't realize they were temporary.

Yeah these are finite things

They had some before and those lasted like a week, but weird think would survive through the initial week or so

Ashhong

I don't think it's a rumor anymore when Ben has said on camera in interviews that he has been working with Johns.

From his interviews though he made it sound as if he wasn't writing it, at least that's the impression I got. An interview last week or so had him saying "I'm definitely interested, just waiting on a really good script"

a916

What if the reason we have no idea when Batman is coming out... is because the studio or Affleck doesn't want to rush this?

We've all but confirmed that he's writing the thing with Geoff Johns, maybe they don't want to put a stamp on the date because they want, or especially Affleck since it's his movie, they want it coming out as good as possible?

Maybe that's why they haven't attached a date to rush the thing and it'll be ready when it's ready.

From his interviews though he made it sound as if he wasn't writing it, at least that's the impression I got. An interview last week or so had him saying "I'm definitely interested, just waiting on a really good script"

Well yeah, he was obviously the one writing that really good script! :p

Batman solo is definitely coming, they probably are being hush hush about it because Ben wants it as good as possible before publicly committing and setting expectations for it, and it'll go over really well at Comic-Con even if everyone knows it's coming.

a916

It's only 10 minutes, but he confirms the transformation of Batmam was intentional.

So we were right lol... and it was just blind fans rationalizing. They DID intend to do it and for a few of us, it came across on the screen. Whereas for others it didn't.

His rationale for THE email isn't bad. I dont know about the images in the email..but everything else. Makes sense.

Also it's interesting that it seems like the Armor Suit wasn't made specifically for Superman. They don't touch on that in the film at all. They should have had just a quick shot of it in the Batcave early in the movie to show that.

They did, Bruce makes a comment about it like 15 minutes in the film.

Ashhong

His rationale for THE email isn't bad. I dont know about the images in the email..but everything else. Makes sense.

Also it's interesting that it seems like the Armor Suit wasn't made specifically for Superman. They don't touch on that in the film at all. They should have had just a quick shot of it in the Batcave early in the movie to show that.

Ashhong

So we were right lol... and it was just blind fans rationalizing. They DID intend to do it and for a few of us, it came across on the screen. Whereas for others it didn't.

They did, Bruce makes a comment about it like 15 minutes in the film.

I can only vaguely remember that line, but I always felt that the suit was in the works after the events of MoS

In regards to JL (when can we stop using spoiler tags..)

Interesting that they want Batman to be leading the charge to form the JL. It sounds like Superman wont be back right away, and that the dirt rising wasn't a sign that he was completely alive just yet.

IconGrist

I can only vaguely remember that line, but I always felt that the suit was in the works after the events of MoS

Interesting that they want Batman to be leading the charge to form the JL. It sounds like Superman wont be back right away, and that the dirt rising wasn't a sign that he was completely alive just yet.

Cavill said in an interview Supes and Bats argue about who is in charge of the League.

Ashhong

Cavill said in an interview Supes and Bats argue about who is in charge of the League.

Yea, but that could
be halfway through the movie. Batman is going to be the one rounding them up after a new threat appears, and convincing them to join forces. Maybe Superman comes to life and hides out with Lois for a while

Raptor

It would really sucks if Superman aint come back in the first 15 minutes, maybe a montage of how he came to resurrect and the implications of it at the start of the movie and then we all set.

IconGrist

Yea, but that could
be halfway through the movie. Batman is going to be the one rounding them up after a new threat appears, and convincing them to join forces. Maybe Superman comes to life and hides out with Lois for a while

Maybe. Too early to say really.

Ashhong

Maybe. Too early to say really.

Well I mean, from the interview...
his death is essential to the JL film because they wanted Batman to round up the team and they didn't see that happening with Superman out in the world. So unless they do a montage of that, it should be a good piece of the movie.

It would really sucks if Superman aint come back in the first 15 minutes, maybe a montage of how he came to resurrect and the implications of it at the start of the movie and then we all set.

See above.
They need him to be dead for Batman to create the team. At least that's what I got from the interviews. I really hope they don't cut those scenes too short

Man DC really missed out not plugging Suicide Squad in Batman v Superman,
SS probably had my favorite trailer of all time yet 5 minutes of Wonder Woman in that movie instantly hit Wonder Woman ahead of it.
Im more excited for Batman & Wonder Woman than I am Justice League.

Raptor

Well I mean, from the interview...
his death is essential to the JL film because they wanted Batman to round up the team and they didn't see that happening with Superman out in the world. So unless they do a montage of that, it should be a good piece of the movie.

See above.
They need him to be dead for Batman to create the team. At least that's what I got from the interviews. I really hope they don't cut those scenes too short

ok so taking that into consideration we are looking at a half a Batman movie recruiting the other ones and Supes coming later, I just hope not for teh damn climax of the movie :(

I am torn on the idea of having a kid as vigilante in the DCEU. In the one hand, he could be fun and could be an idol for a lot of kids, as there is no real kid superhero on the big screen right now, on the other hands the world they're building he wouldn't really fit. Hmm...

ok so taking that into consideration we are looking at a half a Batman movie recruiting the other ones and Supes coming later, I just hope not for teh damn climax of the movie :(

I'm thinking more a Batman/WW movie. The two of them working together. Batman in the leadership role, maybe.

The only good to come out of Batdad was DickBats who is a better Bat than Bruce.

Also: Jason, Dick, Tim, Cass, Barbra. There's probalby more that I'm blanking on. Batdad the GOAT.

Read Lil' Gotham.

witness

I kind of want it to be like Luke in Episode 7 for maximum drama and hype for part 2

Tbf I imagine the opening of the JLA movie will start in media res with Batman recruiting one of the members whilst they're in trouble or something. Like, Flash fighting Captain Cold and Batman gets involved. Maybe it opens in Atlantis with Batman and Wonder Woman looking for Aquaman.

I doubt it'll take too long to assemble the team if I'm being honest.

The only good to come out of Batdad was DickBats who is a better Bat than Bruce.

Batdad was always better than crazed loner Bats.

I am torn on the idea of having a kid as vigilante in the DCEU. In the one hand, he could be fun and could be an idol for a lot of kids, as there is no real kid superhero on the big screen right now, on the other hands the world they're building he wouldn't really fit. Hmm...

Treat it like the opening montage of Warchmen, where crime fighting had a period of goofy camera hamminess, that eventually got darker with the times. The UTRH animated movie kinda did it too.

IconGrist

I'm thinking more a Batman/WW movie. The two of them working together. Batman in the leadership role, maybe.

Also: Jason, Dick, Tim, Cass, Barbra. There's probalby more that I'm blanking on. Batdad the GOAT.

Read Lil' Gotham.

You're a fan of the Beetle so I'm inclined to respect your taste but we are going to be at odds about this one, buddy.

guek

Banned

Damien seems like he'd fit into the world Snyder built. DC has a hard on for pushing him as the current Robin as well.

Ashhong

I kind of want it to be like Luke in Episode 7 for maximum drama and hype for part 2

Part 2 is not really a part 2, it's a sequel. JL 2017 should have it's own standalone villain and conclusion, so
then with that idea we would be looking at an entire JL film without Superman! People would riot in the streets

Proceed to Court of Owls, ignore Red Hood.
Or make something completely new, which I would like the most to be honest.

Well, going off of BvS, I'd say that something effectively brand new is the best bet.

But Court would be cool. So would pulling some of Morrison's run. Damian, Talia, Leviathan, Batman Inc. You'd need like 4 movies for that, not counting Final Crisis and The Return of Bruce Wayne.

Oh man, now I'm imagining a Return of Bruce Wayne movie. People thought BvS was confusing in spots.

No, I need my boy Jason so I can get my Outlaws movie.

edit: Red Hood is actually a really good idea for them because it opens up more avenues movie wise down the line, whereas Court of Owls is a one and done really.

No, I need my boy Jason so I can get my Outlaws movie.

Jason Todd is in Suicide Squad, he has green hair now.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Raptor

You are killing me man!!!

:(

Tbf I imagine the opening of the JLA movie will start in media res with Batman recruiting one of the members whilst they're in trouble or something. Like, Flash fighting Captain Cold and Batman gets involved. Maybe it opens in Atlantis with Batman and Wonder Woman looking for Aquaman.

I doubt it'll take too long to assemble the team if I'm being honest.

What I would give for MoS2 to happen even after this one, that way I would be at peace knowing there is more Superman down the line, at this point I take what I can get.

a916

His
manor burnt down
because of his fight with the Owls/Talon. Do it WB. This isn't spoiler, but it's merely my guess as to what might have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom