• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
It's possible one of these dates could be a placeholder for a potential sequel(s) to either Wonder Woman or Suicide Squad.

I'm very interested in this other so called event movie for late next year. I feel like I'm owed a good disaster movie after they let me down with San Andreas. So, here's what they should do. They should take The Rock, and put him in another disaster movie. But this time, they should throw in a bunch of monsters or machines or something crazy like that. Maybe we use aliens this time. The point is, I feel like I'm owed a good disaster movie with The Rock, and this better be it.

They got you covered.

WB production label New Line are filming Rampage (yes, based on the game) with The Rock this summer in Australia.

Ideally The Rock himself will turn into one of the Rampage monsters and wreck havoc on at least one (abandoned) structure.

lol

CfbuHm3WQAAJL3E.jpg
CfbuHtuXEAA8cgT.jpg

CfbuHtrXIAE_Qpp.jpg
CfbuHvmXIAEpS11.jpg

from puzzle & dragons according to dawg.

Effect

Was wondering if there was going to be a Puzzle & Dragons tie in. I think they had a normal Batman one several months ago.

Raptor

saw last night The Batman Superman Movie: World's Finest.

WB should have just strioght up remade that in live action.

Supes and Bats interaction and stuff is real fun.

Kibbles

The debunk's been debunked!
Rebunked?

Faraci has been pretty on the money with his BvS "scoops," I'm not sure why so many of you guys hate him.
Jai Courtney was asked on ET about the reshoots and said not to believe everything you read and that he thinks the movie has plenty of humor as it is. He said they shooting some dope new action scenes. (3 weeks, makes more sense they are doing action prices)

So I guess depending on who you believe, but official word seems to be it was half true. Reshoots, but for action scenes.

Anth0ny

I'm currently rewatching Superman TAS.

I'm only two episodes in right now, and I'm amazed at how much more charming and likeable the world and characters are compared to MoS and BvS Superman. The show has not aged one bit. It's awesome.

Jai Courtney was asked on ET about the reshoots and said not to believe everything you read and that he thinks the movie has plenty of humor as it is. He said they shooting some dope new action scenes. (3 weeks, makes more sense they are doing action prices)

Not to say Courtney is a liar, but he's not going to come out and say "yeah, we're doing reshoots to add humor". It's PR.

I'm only two episodes in right now, and I'm amazed at how much more charming and likeable the world and characters are compared to MoS and BvS Superman. The show has not aged one bit. It's awesome.

Not to say Courtney is a liar, but he's not going to come out and say "yeah, we're doing reshoots to add humor". It's PR.

Not to say Courtney is a liar, but he's totally a liar.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

The first time they meet it's great, in just a few seconds they were able to establish the difference between both. And Bats inviting Lois to some lunch is great trolling.

Instead we got Do You Bleed... You will

smh

Ashhong

Sending WW to die during summer 2017, why is this studio so fucking clueless? What's wrong with giving the movie a breathing period and not stucking it with a bunch of blockbusters during summer?

I don't get man, but then I remember this very same studio green lighted a big budget movie about peter pan, and it's doing a gritty Tarzan adaptation.

I think Pan could have been a huge success if done correctly. Tarzan I'm not sure about, but it's got Margot Robbie so I'll watch it.

Raptor

I started that after I saw the movie, in teh very first episode is stablished Jor-El is a scientist designated of Krypton, we saw teh conflict he had with teh council, and how they made the choice of sending Kal to earth, it seriously surprised me.
The first time they meet it's great, in just a few seconds they were able to establish the difference between both. And Bats inviting Lois to some lunch is great trolling.

Instead we got Do You Bleed... You will

smh

Lmao, so right.

The super-vision/bat tracker moment is so good

Supes "Touche"

Oh my...

:D

Anth0ny

I started that after I saw the movie, in teh very first episode is stablished Jor-El is a scientist designated of Krypton, we saw teh conflict he had with teh council, and how they made the choice of sending Kal to earth, it seriously surprised me.

Yeah, it's great!

Man of Steel really drags out the struggle Clark had with his powers, to the point where the entire movie is just depressing and a fucking downer. In the animated show, he begins to hear things and see through walls... and his struggle is immediately offset with a "I'm sure you use those powers to take a peek into the girls locker room" joke. Was there a single joke in Man of Steel? lol

The tone of that show just works so much better with the character imo.

ryan299

Mamoa talks about BvS reception. ET Online

"There's been some things here and there, but I'm stoked. There's a lot of support from fans. There's a big beautiful world. There's a lot -- a lot -- of stuff. I feel really privileged to know that there's a lot of big, beautiful stuff that's going to happen. I'm excited too, for people to see the final product. And now it's our turn -- it's Justice League time! I've been waiting for four years that I've known about it that I've had to keep my mouth shut. I'm super pumped to shoot it!

Some people liked it, some people didn't, it is what it is. I don't get it, but I don't really listen to what anyone says...You can't win 'em all. And I had a ball. I loved it."

Raptor

Yeah, it's great!

Man of Steel really drags out the struggle Clark had with his powers, to the point where the entire movie is just depressing and a fucking downer. In the animated show, he begins to hear things and see through walls... and his struggle is immediately offset with a "I'm sure you use those powers to take a peek into the girls locker room" joke. Was there a single joke in Man of Steel? lol

The tone of that show just works so much better with the character imo.

Also a motive for Brainiac, all in the first episode lols.

Is great because I always wanted to know whats up with that Enemy, Brainiac.

I think Im watching Superman vs The Elite tonight.

ryan299

Box office update. Internationally the film is at 450 million. 90 million in China.

Domestically it made 2.84 on Wednesday. The film should hit 296 by Sunday and will end up with a under whelming total of 345 million. Under Deadpool's 356 million thus far.

Kibbles

Jared on his site earlier (bottom to top). Unless I misunderstood, he also posted that he kept his eyebrows and hair... hopefully the wig and eyebrow covers or whatever the hell they're going to do aren't noticeable.

tumblr_o5a51pR1MM1semm9qo1_1280.png

tumblr_o5a72oWoEc1shxv8yo1_540.jpg

tumblr_o5a72oWoEc1shxv8yo2_540.jpg

Box office update. Internationally the film is at 450 million. 90 million in China.

Domestically it made 2.84 on Wednesday. The film should hit 296 by Sunday and will end up with a under whelming total of 345 million. Under Deadpool's 356 million thus far.

What's it looking like for a WW total when all is said and done?

Dead

well not really...yet
Ive started playing Arkham Knight again with the Batfleck suit lol. Too bad you can't use the Affleckmobile in game though

That 925 million breakpoint that people love to keep mentioning... the same article and (anon) source said WB would consider anything north of 800 million a great start for the DCEU.

I know WB probably isn't ecstatic about the film's reception but they're not firing Snyder or cancelling solo movies so I think some people got a little too excited over BvS's gross.

I was thinking about what he'd done on Batman and drawing a blank, but Earth One... there's certainly worse wells to draw on. It's a fun book.

He's probably just canon guy tho.

Geoff Johns is a super knowledge but in terms of modern Batman writers you'd want influencing the film, he's not exactly at the top. His Batman Earth One stuff is all right.

Supposedly on one of his podcasts earlier today. Read the quote elsewhere.

Gotcha. I found the quote:

"He's been working on a solo script with Geoff Johns as well. Last conversation I had with Geoff Johns 'I was like are you working on it?' and he said 'Yeah'. I said what's it like man, how do you co-write with someone? And he's going 'We just break it up, he takes halves and I take halves and then we write, and then we switch material, and then he goes over mine and I go over his.' That sounds so f****** fun man."

So my question is...do you guys trust Ben to write?
I trust him, but I feel he's gonna get held back a bit by not having full control.
Also I think this would be his first PG-13 movie

WhiteWolf

So my question is...do you guys trust Ben to write?
I trust him, but I feel he's gonna get held back a bit by not having full control.
Also I think this would be his first PG-13 movie
I wish the WB would let him make whatever movie he wants, just have him keep the budget below $150M-$180M.

Dead

well not really...yet
I can't imagine a Ben would write a bombastic Batman story. I feel like he would keep it street level with perhaps a more horror slant.

I can't imagine a Ben would write a bombastic Batman story. I feel like he would keep it street level with perhaps a more horror slant.

yeah that would be so good and the smaller scale would work wonders for it.

but i don't see WB letting that happen. they want their biggest cash cow property to go big I imagine, to capture that international market.

Ross61

I know it's unlikely, but what if one of those untitled movies is Justice League Dark? That'd be something I'd be more excited for.

Ninjimbo

I know it's unlikely, but what if one of those untitled movies is Justice League Dark? That'd be something I'd be more excited for.
I hope it is. They were looking at Fede Alvarez for the directing job which would be awesome. Losing Del Toro won't hurt as much if they got Alvarez.

I'd say my bets on what the two unanounced movies would be:
1. Batfleck solo film

2. Dark Universe- title of the Justice League Dark movie. WB has been working on it for a while. I could see them pulling through. Also this bit of info:

A few months ago, writer/director, Guillermo Del Toro walked away from this project in favor of the now indefinitely delayed Pacific Rim 2. As soon as that happened, most of the movie world thought that DC's Dark Universe, aka Justice League Dark, would be just another great idea that failed to come to fruition. However, all is not lost.

Enter producer-extraordinaire Scott Rudin who's resume consists of The Truman Show, No Country For Old Men, The Social Network, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Captain Phillips, Ex Machina, and the recently finished Zoolander 2, among many others. With a resume like his, it's a small wonder why Warner Bros. has tabbed Rudin to work on this movie. In fact, he's hit the ground running fast. Rudin has already started updating the script that Del Toro had been working on and visiting with directors in hopes to begin filming in 2016.

That's right, 2016. A movie that was captainless now has one that has set the lofty goal of getting it all filmed and put together by next year. Normally, I'd say this can't be done. Not no way, not no how. However, I actually believe it'll get done. Rudin has the reputation and the respect in the Hollywood community to get it done. Furthermore, this movie has been in the works for years. If they have a solid storyboard and script put together, Rudin could essentially just come in and tweak a few things, find a director, cast, and get on location.
http://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/...t-tracked-thanks-to-producer-scott-rudin.html

3. SS sequel- I believe it's already been greenlit but I don't think they are gonna talk about it before they release the first one.

4. Solo Superman movie- probably won't happen until after JL pt. 2

duckroll

You know, I'm curious about something. It's basically been the accepted narrative that Ben Affleck brought Terrio on board into the DCEU, and that he himself also helped tweak the script for BvS and is interested in writing and directing a solo Batman film. But how much of that is true and how much of it are rumors which fans and the press just wanted to believe?

As far as I can source, Affleck has been asked about the writing process repeatedly and he denied doing any writing on BvS. Furthermore when asked if he would indeed direct a Batman film, he said that he's game if a great script came along. That seems to suggest he might not actually even be interested in -writing- it.

Thoughts?

Isn't Justice League Dark at New Line ?

I believe so.

Those two dates at the solo Batman film and Suicide Squad 2. I'd suspect Batman is the October 2018 date and Suicide Squad is the other. Ayer and Smith are doing that Landis film next and I doubt that starts filming until later this year at the earliest. Ben is more or less free as soon as Justice League wraps this year and it sounds like they already have the script.

IconGrist

You know, I'm curious about something. It's basically been the accepted narrative that Ben Affleck brought Terrio on board into the DCEU, and that he himself also helped tweak the script for BvS and is interested in writing and directing a solo Batman film. But how much of that is true and how much of it are rumors which fans and the press just wanted to believe?

As far as I can source, Affleck has been asked about the writing process repeatedly and he denied doing any writing on BvS. Furthermore when asked if he would indeed direct a Batman film, he said that he's game if a great script came along. That seems to suggest he might not actually even be interested in -writing- it.

Thoughts?

From what I understand Terrio was actually brought on before Affleck. As far as Batman solo goes the only solid information I ever found was that Affleck and Johns had discussed a story for one but I never found anything past that.

Thoughts?

Terrio writes, Affleck directs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom