• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan299

New WW date, June 2 2017 up from the 23.

A week after Pirates 5, same day as Bad Boys 3 and a week before World War Z 2 and the Mummy

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-pushes-jungle-book-881353?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+THRComicCon+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Heat+Vision%29

Batman and Superman dates?
Warner Bros. also set dates for two of its now-untitled DC films: Oct. 5, 2018 and Nov. 1, 2019. An untitled WB event film is slates for Oct. 6, 2017.

BadAss2961

So while people were pondering the death of the DCEU. Wonder Woman just moved up, and we got 2 movies added to the slate.

PIkprkZ.gif

witness

Good date for WW considering BB3 and WWZ don't look like they are doing too hot to make their dates.

I really hope the two of these dates are for Batman solo and MoS2. They need to hit really well with both. Please don't give Zack the keys to MoS2, I want superman to be liked again =(

yeah no doubt bat solo is one.

So we have Dark Universe, Blue & Gold and Lobo rumored. I've heard talks of BoP as well. Wonder what they'll slot. I'd love to see Shazam moved up.

ryan299

I don't think they'll put Batman in October or November. More likely Aquaman takes that 2017 one and Batman takes his current July 27 date

I don't think they'll put Batman in October or November. More likely Aquaman takes that 2017 one and Batman takes his current July 27 date
That's not how it works. You need to provide time for the product to exist, pre-production its a thing for a reason. WB should not rush it with the IP.

Cipherr

Are you guys not concerned that for JL - regardless of whether the film is dope or not - if they keep Snyder on, its just going to be absolutely toxic for that movie?

I think people overall will judge the film on its merits. I dont see Snyder mentioned much outside of people that are paying really close attention. To critics I think its just another superhero movie and they just grade based on whether they enjoyed it, period.

For me though I want him gone. I didn't like MoS nor BvS and I just want new blood. No one had a problem saying "Yes Whedon's done well for Marvel but its time for him to GO!" and I dont see why I should be hesitant here either. I fully expect the Russos to do a much better job than Whedon on their Avengers film, and I feel there's a bunch of better people they could put in charge of JL than Snyder.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
WB is dumb if they think the problems are the characters and not the creative team.

IconGrist

WB is dumb if they think the problems are the characters and not the creative team.

This is my biggest worry with WB. That poor reception for Superman will make them think Superman is not worth putting money in and we don't get any more Superman movies. I'd at least like Cavill to have one great Superman movie under his belt before they just shut the whole thing down.

BadAss2961

This is my biggest worry with WB. That poor reception for Superman will make them think Superman is not worth putting money in and we don't get any more Superman movies. I'd at least like Cavill to have one great Superman movie under his belt before they just shut the whole thing down.
Might have to wait for brand power to kick in. I think we'll get the next Superman solo once these movies hit stride with the GA.

guek

Banned
I think people overall will judge the film on its merits. I dont see Snyder mentioned much outside of people that are paying really close attention. To critics I think its just another superhero movie and they just grade based on whether they enjoyed it, period.

Audiences have a short memory but not that short. I'm not sure how much of an effect BvS will have on the interest in JL but it's bound to have some impact when it's coming out relatively soon.

I wonder how much Ben's payday for The Batman will be. Producing, starring, directing, writing...jeez. Sure, he doesn't have an Iron Man 3 tier box office to negotiate with but plenty of negative reviews for BvS calling him the best part or the best Batman ever.

For the record, Robert Downey Jr. is 1/5th of the total budget for both Infinity Wars (200 million) just to act!

I wonder how much Ben's payday for The Batman will be. Producing, starring, directing, writing...jeez. Sure, he doesn't have an Iron Man 3 tier box office to negotiate with but plenty of negative reviews for BvS calling him the best part or the best Batman ever.

For the record, Robert Downey Jr. is 1/5th of the total budget for both Infinity Wars (200 million) just to act!

Prolly less than that, but not by a lot because of all the hats.

Cheebo

Banned
Goddamn... OT's obsession with BvS and the DCEU is the most insane takeover i've ever seen outside of gaming.

The media is too. GAF isn't anymore so than the normal film sites out there. Constant stories in most outlets.

The struggles of this movie is by far the biggest film story of the year. The attention makes sense.

Firemind

Money can't buy happiness. Ask Notch.

guek

Banned
I think it's hilarious. I can't remember the last time a single film had such a choke-hold over Off-Topic.

At it's height, the Force Awakens discussion a few months ago dwarfed the current BvS talk in OT.

Funny though how the attention for those two movies were for completely opposite reasons.

Probably right in the short term. It's going to take a bit of repair work before you can sell people on a solo Cavill Superman movie again.

I'm into the idea of a smaller budget, smaller scale Superman film. Many of the beloved Superman stories don't rely on large action set pieces.

All I can say is that nothing is lost. They can turn this around. There is a very hyperbolic discussion around the DCEU and it goes for both sides.

Senoculum

After watching BvS again last night, I have to say, people are NUTS. This movie fucking rocks, and I can't wait to see where the characters are going.

Halcyon

At it's height, the Force Awakens discussion a few months ago dwarfed the current BvS talk in OT.

Funny though how the attention for those two movies were for completely opposite reasons.

I honestly think they are about the same quality. That's why I am very confused with BvS's thrashing.

Like my issues with Force Awakens are kinda contrived plot points and I don't understand some of the characters motivations, all the while the plot is just a redoing of new hope. I still don't really see any reason why Finn and Poe are straight up best friends out of nowhere.

But then everyone loses their mind that Batman and Superman become friendly.

To me they are about equally flawed and I loved both of them regardless, but one gets great reviews for some reason.

shingi70

Banned
I've complained enough about Superman's potryal and I have enough faith left in tptb that they'll get him right next time.
My major complaint is probably Lex knowing the identities of Batman and Superman.

Planning to go see the movie again tomorrow or friday..

Firemind

disney can't do wrong. even now jungle book is getting rave reviews while people are questioning wb's decision to alter the release of jungle book.

Kibbles

Regarding Suicide Squad re-shoots....

https://twitter.com/brettschulte/status/717787380321619969 - God fucking damnit
Brett Schulte Verified account @brettschulte
@BatmanNewsCom talking to people on set today they said the studio "made him do reshoots" because it was too dark. Interesting words.

And now Jai Courtney says more action scenes are being added, "Don't believe everything you read": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr83sLEAU1A

Also looks like Jared is now clean shaven and in a makeup trailer (environment looks like it plus you can see the stylist/mirrors in his glasses)

tumblr_o587qwNs1z1shxv8yo1_1280.jpg

I've complained enough about Superman's potryal and I have enough faith left in tptb that they'll get him right next time.
My major complaint is probably Lex knowing the identities of Batman and Superman.

Planning to go see the movie again tomorrow or friday..

BvS spoilers

Talking with a friend about the communion clip, Luthor is further unhinged by the end. It can be spun as a cosmic horror madness of sorts. Hypothetically his character can be developed to where he regains composure. And speaking personal taste, I prefer it when Lex isn't 100% evil and sadistic. What that could mean for the secret identities, is his realization that Superman and JL are a necessary evil, from his pov. A mutually assured destruction type of scenario. At least until he finds a way to replace that power, be it a Bizarro scheme, OMACs, that sort.

Kibbles

I am confused ? Who is that guy ? Just a make up artist ? And how do we know Leto is clean shaved?

The twitter link is apparently a hollywood tech guy (verified) on the set of the movie. The guy in the photo posted is Leto, he had a big ol beard in pics from the past few days, now it's gone and he's sitting in a makeup trailer (the environment, CSI enhance his glasses, you can see the mirrors,lights, and stylist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom