• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
For example, how many sites reprinted the story that the Suicide Squad reshoots were all about adding jokes to the movie because they used every joke in the movie in the last trailer? Sorry, but that’s just nonsense.
Did he just throw his buddy Faraci under the bus?

Error

El Miyambe proving to be a better leaker than Faraci at this point. MESS.

Maybe his wb source is feeding him wrong shit to make him look bad, I dunno. He nailed pretty much everything regarding BvS, every big story beat he nailed.

Guy is a PoS, but he has sources, so I dunno how he jumped the gun on this scoop saying it was to add more jokes, maybe they are adding more jokes but that wasn't the only reason for these reshoots.

Maybe his wb source is feeding him wrong shit to make him look bad, I dunno. He nailed pretty much everything regarding BvS, every big story beat he nailed.

Guy is a PoS, but he has sources, so I dunno how he jumped the gun on this scoop saying it was to add more jokes, maybe they are adding more jokes but that wasn't the only reason for these reshoots.

I feel like his big miss here was the "all the jokes in the movie have already been shown" bit. That feels like a bit of deliberate misinformation.

IconGrist

I keep hearing this but what did he specifically nail that either wasn't already the majority guess or wasn't already thrown out on reddit? I'd like to be able to credit the guy (despite how I feel about him) but I can't remember.

jackdoe

I feel like his big miss here was the "all the jokes in the movie have already been shown" bit. That feels like a bit of deliberate misinformation.
McWeeny does have a point about how many sites ran with it though. Superhero film reporting on these enthusiast sites is bad as video game blogs. One site (or forum) has a rumor, and then dozens of blogs pick it up, rewrite it to make it sound like a new story, and then you have ten to twenty differently worded articles confirming the same thing, in spite of it all being from the same source.

Error

I keep hearing this but what did he specifically nail that either wasn't already the majority guess or wasn't already thrown out on reddit? I'd like to be able to credit the guy (despite how I feel about him) but I can't remember.

He nailed everything from Doomsday and Zod, to the film making the destruction of Metropolis a big part of the narrative and even mentioned the big WW moment with her cutting off Doomsday's arm.

Yoooooo this SS trailer goes in damnnnnnn.

Maybe not on the level of the last trailer which is one of the GOAT trailers, but tons of awesome footage. I think this will be enough for me and I'll try my hardest to stay away from the final trailer which will probably drop at Comic Con.

I like that we basically know jack about the plot and I wanna keep it that way. Already feel like I'm seeing too much Joker, that burnt face bit was giving me some heavy Capullo vibes.

IconGrist

He nailed everything from Doomsday and Zod, to the film making the destruction of Metropolis a big part of the narrative and even mentioned the big WW moment with her cutting off Doomsday's arm.

The only of those I would actually count as credit is WW slicing off Doomsday's arm. The rest was all talked about almost immediately following the release of MoS. The Doomsday talk started after home release because there were a couple of easter eggs about him coming in the MoS special features.

And after the 2nd trailer for BvS hit I don't recall not one post claiming Faraci "called it".

Error

Faraci was one of the first to mention Doomsday in BvS, though, probably the first. That was before the trailers spoiled it. Like way before, pretty sure it was before the first teaser.

duckroll

Here's the thing about scoops and rumors: You can know something and know nothing simultaneously. Having accurate information about an asset is not the same as having accurate information about context around it. And that's fine if you're being transparent about it (ie: "I heard Doomsday is in BvS, but I have no idea what role he plays"). The problem is that for a lot of these blogsites, they want to get more clicks and they want to seem know they're more in the loop than they really are. So they take different pieces of information they have access to from sources, and then try to puff it up by creating a narrative around it to make it seem like they're part of the inside baseball.

Ninjimbo

Fong on twitter said not to worry and the new dude is legit

We'll see
Snyder will get the best out of him. I'm confident in that.

Dat SS trailer tho, I'm happy that I don't know the plot going into the movie. The trailers have been good about not showing too much.

IconGrist

And I'm not even sold on that.

Harley and Joker probably, but I still think there's a decent chance Batman chase scene might be post BvS.

Could be. Trailers haven't really given anything substantial away. Just a few character moments but outside of Waller assembles a team of criminals to do something we don't really know shit about the movie, lol.

Could be. Trailers haven't really given anything substantial away. Just a few character moments but outside of Waller assembles a team of criminals to do something we don't really know shit about the movie, lol.

Forreal. I keep vacillating between "Enchantress is responsible for the shit going down in Midway City" and "Enchantress has nothing to do with the shit going down in Midway City at first but later does."

Dead

well not really...yet
I am confused about the timline, but this must be pre Superman, while Superman and post Superman.
The guy in the suit at the start says

"who would have stopped him"

past tense...It's post BvS, and flashback to pre Man of Steel for Batman taking on Joker and Harley and her creation.

The guy in the suit at the start says

"who would have stopped him"

past tense...It's post BvS, and flashback to pre Man of Steel for Batman taking on Joker and Harley and her creation.

Or, it's a hypothetical, which can be referred to in the past tense even if he's still around. Like, in the past, but not after he dies. Could go either way.

duckroll

Suicide Squad takes place at the same time as BvS, but in a new timeline. The movie opens with the scene where Bruce is arguing with Alfred, and when Alfred says "He is NOT our enemy." Bruce stops, calms down, and goes "You know what, you're right. I should look into real villains instead." and opens the Joker file. Then he goes "But first, I need to take care of a friend." And goes bail his old employee out of jail and gets him a new job.

Without Batman being played as a fool, Lex delays his plans indefinitely, choosing to focus on expanding LexCorp's political power instead, while continuing to study Kryptonite and metahumans. Meanwhile without things escalating out of hand, Amanda Waller is free to basically do Batman's job in trying to convince the government that Superman could be a threat, and builds the Suicide Squad.

This is WB's super secret stealth reboot plan, and it will be explained in Justice League that it is all possible because Flashpoint happened, but we won't find out the details until the Flash movie.

yeah it could go either way with that line.

i'm assuming the majority of it is post BvS though with all those bat/joker/harley scenes pre man of steel or pre BvS

guek

Banned
The only thing I didn't like about the trailer was Harley's vexing joke. Good stuff, though hard to match the previous one which is easily one of the best trailers in recent memory.

Error

New Gunn essay™ tomorrow talking about how much Hollywood is copying Guardians after this trailer.

Suicide Squad takes place at the same time as BvS, but in a new timeline. The movie opens with the scene where Bruce is arguing with Alfred, and when Alfred says "He is NOT our enemy." Bruce stops, calms down, and goes "You know what, you're right. I should look into real villains instead." and opens the Joker file. Then he goes "But first, I need to take care of a friend." And goes bail his old employee out of jail and gets him a new job.

Without Batman being played as a fool, Lex delays his plans indefinitely, choosing to focus on expanding LexCorp's political power instead, while continuing to study Kryptonite and metahumans. Meanwhile without things escalating out of hand, Amanda Waller is free to basically do Batman's job in trying to convince the government that Superman could be a threat, and builds the Suicide Squad.

This is WB's super secret stealth reboot plan, and it will be explained in Justice League that it is all possible because Flashpoint happened, but we won't find out the details until the Flash movie.

But what about "The bat is dead, bury it"? Sadman still hates Batman.

BadAss2961

Or, it's a hypothetical, which can be referred to in the past tense even if he's still around. Like, in the past, but not after he dies. Could go either way.
Pretty sure it's after BvS. After seeing the movie I thought about how Suicide Squad might follow up on that, then I remembered Waller's line from the first trailer.

"Maybe Superman was some kind of beacon for them to creep back from the shadows."

Another bit than can now be taken as past tense.

duckroll

But what about "The bat is dead, bury it"? Sadman still hates Batman.

Justice League opens with Clark and Lois having pillow talk, and he says "Remember that one time I got so mad at Bruce for no reason? I'm so glad you talked me out of escalating things. Who knows how badly things might have gone otherwise?"

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Going frame by frame in the super mega 3 gig quicktime file that was posted is pretty cool. Able to tell that it's Harley on the motorcycle (with a Gotham license plate no less) chasing the Jokers car at the 1:30 mark.

Effect

Really enjoyed the new trailer. That and the Fantastic Beast were a great way to end the night I feel. I never believed the "humor" rumor when it came to reshoots. The film clearly has it. No way it couldn't have do to the characters in it. However I still believe it's going to be followed by some pretty dark stuff. As a result I'm not sure what audiences are going to think. I think a fair bit of whiplash will take place for critics and audience.

Margot is great. Hope it isn't her first and last appearance as Harley.

Hope there is also only one last trailer coming and it better be near release, so I can avoid it more easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom