• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gleethor

The only thing I didn't like about the trailer was Harley's vexing joke. Good stuff, though hard to match the previous one which is easily one of the best trailers in recent memory.
I thought that her vexing joke was considerably better than her jokes in the last trailer.

My only problem with the trailer was that it felt like there was too many song choices in there that didn't allow the trailer to breathe. Probably in an effort to emphasize that the movie is fun. Aside from that I thought it was beautiful.

I wish they had of just stuck with Ballroom Blitz as the song. Thought that worked well. Will Smith still doesn't seem right to me. I'll keep expectations in check with this one.

Yeaaaah, If there is any filmmaker you shouldn't try and spread FUI about (whether or not he got it from a source he believed) it would probably be Ayer

Dude looks intense af all the time, like he is constantly ready to go full Batfleck

Ayer came of age in South Central Los Angeles then joins the military, you're gonna look intense as fuck

IHaveIce

Banned
Man if only I would like the visual style of the movie.. I mean I like the source material, the dialogues, the idea and more but the style and how how the characters look besides Harley and Batman really displeases me.
Joker is still the biggest offender to me.. I mean I seem to love how he is played vut once I see his face and his stupid grills I'm out of the mood and just annoyed.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Man if only I would like the visual style of the movie.. I mean I like the source material, the dialogues, the idea and more but the style and how how the characters look besides Harley and Batman really displeases me.
Joker is still the biggest offender to me.. I mean I seem to love how he is played vut once I see his face and his stupid grills I'm out of the mood and just annoyed.

Mwuhahahahahiihoo

His laugh makes up for that dumb tattoo.

So basically People fucked WB/DC for doing reshoots to add more humour.
Then some guy says they're doing reshoots for the Croc actor.
Some random guy rises and says the reshoots is bigger than a lot of movies shooting days. Defenders of get rekt.

The Ayer tweets.

Case closed. The hyperbole can be something, oh boy.

strafer

love Croc

IIZF4hM.gif

kmag

So basically People fucked WB/DC for doing reshoots to add more humour.
Then some guy says they're doing reshoots for the Croc actor.
Some random guy rises and says the reshoots is bigger than a lot of movies shooting days. Defenders of get rekt.

The Ayer tweets.

Case closed. The hyperbole can be something, oh boy.

Didn't the random guy who said the reshoot was 3 weeks not also say the folks on set said it was a big action scene they're shooting. That seems to concur with Ayer's tweets. I'd wager they got budget limited during the initial shoot had to drop a set piece at some point, the reaction to the trailers and looking at the workprint got the suits to pony up for the initial vision.

Yager

Banned
Will there be a JL production thread?

I don't know if this is a good idea. Maybe it's better to stick with this one for all of the movies.

BTW, great trailer. I told myself not to watch anything until the movie hits theaters, but I couldn't resist.

Effect

Studios send out press releases when films start production right?

Here's hoping we get something. Maybe ride the positive waves that are being generated by the new Suicide Squad and Fantastic Beast trailers that were released.

I really want a photo of the Justice League suited up before SDCC.

Not too hard WB, do it.

Edit:

jllrj01.png

Edit2:
Maybe Supes should be crossed off too ?

Will there be a JL production thread?

Seems like more of a Marvel thing tbh. We did fine without for BvS and Suicide Squad. Anything *big* like first looks, potential leaks should get its own thread, but I think general discussion can be kept here.

Plus, it'd be a disaster. So there's that to consider.

ReiGun

DCEU at Comic Con will be a Squad panel, First JL shot, and the big closer will be the first Wonder Woman teaser/trailer, I'm betting.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Do you want a simple superhero tale from the JL films, or something much more complex, such as the Final Crisis comics?

JL will be safe as fuck: simple plot, no Biblical imagery, no struggling characters etc. None of that. This will be more of a studio movie than Snyder movie. And it probably will test screened a million times before release.

witness

Nothing like a great new Suicide Squad trailer to lift everyone's spirits. Looks so good and I already believe that it will do better than BvS domestically at least, assuming reviews and WOM are good obviously. Would be pretty hilarious if it was the DCCU first billion dollar film instead of BvS. Do we know what the production budget is? Very interested in how big Batmans role will be, and if he's in only flashbacks or if it's actually post BvS.

Boke1879

Do you want a simple superhero tale from the JL films, or something much more complex, such as the Final Crisis comics?

Simple right now. JL1 will no doubt be a recruitment movie while also dealing with a threat. Let it be simple and straightforward. Plenty of action as well.

SS is all about worldbuilding, WW will is about establishing her character so they go into detail there. JL2 they can go nuts though once everything is established.

Back to the SS trailer for a minute. There is a clip when Joker in a Tux and he seems to have longer hair. You guys think that could possibly be a flashback?

Boke1879

That looks like his slicked back hair came a bit undone.

I actually think tuxedo Joker is the current one.

Yea you guys are right. I wonder if we will kinda delve into the history of this Batman and Joker though in this movie. Or will there just be some references here and there between the two?

Back to JL1. Do you guys expect something similar to First Class and how they handled the recruitment and teamup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom