• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

JL will be safe as fuck: simple plot, no Biblical imagery, no struggling characters etc. None of that. This will be more of a studio movie than Snyder movie. And it probably will test screened a million times before release.

I highly doubt this. If things go that way, Snyder will more than likely walk. But Warner's culture doesn't tend to move in that direction anyway. There could be more notes, there might be more concerned phonecalls, but they'll let him make his movie, even if they suffer for it. Because they can take it, because they're not heroes. They're silent guardians, watchful protectors, Dark Knights.

Boke1879

I highly doubt this. If things go that way, Snyder will more than likely walk. But Warner's culture doesn't tend to move in that direction anyway. There could be more notes, there might be more concerned phonecalls, but they'll let him make his movie, even if they suffer for it. Because they can take it, because they're not heroes. They're silent guardians, watchful protectors, Dark Knights.

You're having fun with this lol. I agree to an extent. The story is done, Action scenes I'm not worried about at all. I do think you'll have more eyes on this during the whole process though. It'll be screened so many damn times.

Sure they can take the hit but I doubt that want to. They'll be looking at feedback from SS and WW. SS for all intent and purposes looks like a good fun movie, that'll be enjoyed by audiences and it'll contain fan favorite characters. People are excited for the Wonder Woman character. I assume her movie will play it safe and will be entertaining enough.

They'll need JL1 to be a hit critically and financially especially if SS and WW are. Because JL1 needs to push The Flash and Aquaman solo movies at least.

i forgot to mention, I saw the film at the BFI Imax.

Now, British film viewing seems to be completely different from American because no one ever shouts, cheers or claps.

The only time I have ever seen that happening was after Mad max Fury Road, Toy Story 3 and Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit (great film lol)

SO in BvS they clapped at the end, and to my surprise they cheered twice.

the first was obvious - Wonder Woman's entrance

the second cheer was so bizarre - it was for Aquaman, no joke.

Like a genuine, honest to good huge cheer and clap.

James Wan is gonna make bank with AquaMoama

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Do you know the oldest lie in America, duckroll? It's that Snyder with power is innocent. He breaks story for action, tears the characters down. But Warner Brothers can do better, they have to.

BadAss2961

Now, British film viewing seems to be completely different from American because no one ever shouts, cheers or claps.

The only time I have ever seen that happening was after Mad max Fury Road, Toy Story 3 and Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit (great film lol)

Must be all that goodwill from Vinny Chase, James Cameron Aquaman.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Cmon, let's use lines that haven't been used before. We have 3 Nolan movies and 2 Snyder movies to pull from!

Yours was used already, I was there when it happened. I saw what they did!

if anything these movies are quotable as fuck, so that counts for something, right?

guek

Banned
Enchantress almost looks like a CGI character and I mean that in a good way. We've seen so little of her in the trailers but what little we've gotten looks fantastic.

Ashhong

Seems like more of a Marvel thing tbh. We did fine without for BvS and Suicide Squad. Anything *big* like first looks, potential leaks should get its own thread, but I think general discussion can be kept here.

Plus, it'd be a disaster. So there's that to consider.

What do you mean? We had a three year production thread for BvS

I hate all of you that incessantly quote these goddamn movies. Makes me retroactively hate TDK and soon BVS

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda hard to put up a picture of the JL...you know with the ending of BvS and all of that.

Verendus

Banned
That Suicide Squad trailer is pretty great.

The fire guy looks like he could be hilarious. He just looks like he doesn't want to be there. Then you have Will Smith being Will Smith. More Batman and Joker too. On that note, Joker better have a meaty role in this movie if he's getting second billing. My expectations went from a cameo to a major role with the last trailer, and I'll be disappointed if that's not the case.

So Tom Hardy was suppose to be Rick...Would you guys like Tom to play a Different Role?

I was Thinking Deathstroke, but might be too young for that.

That Suicide Squad trailer is pretty great.

The fire guy looks like he could be hilarious. He just looks like he doesn't want to be there. Then you have Will Smith being Will Smith. More Batman and Joker too. On that note, Joker better have a meaty role in this movie if he's getting second billing. My expectations went from a cameo to a major role with the last trailer, and I'll be disappointed if that's not the case.

And it will beat BvS at the BO, or at least match it. Who would've thought ? Not you, I guess ;)

So Tom Hardy was suppose to be Rick...Would you guys like Tom to play a Different Role?

I wish Tom Hardy was a bit taller :/

Bleepey

Really? The only way i can see myself cheering for Aquaman is if he calls a sea animal platelet.

Boke1879

And it will beat BvS at the BO, or at least match it. Who would've thought ? Not you, I guess ;)

I wish Tom Hardy was a bit taller :/

If the solo movies and the spinoff movies like SS can match what BvS does at the box office then that's good. JL needs to get over 1 billion though.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Can we talk about that without spoiler tags now? I saw someone did it a few pages ago and forgot to ask.

I just didn't want to ruin it for someone, however small the chance. I know people who still haven't seen it but are planning to go, dunno.

Verendus

Banned
If this movie manages to make more than $800 million, I'll be genuinely surprised. No one could have anticipated BvS getting savaged like it did. So much anger from Taliban nerds. But crazier unexpected things have happened this year already.

There is a new trinity after all, and it doesn't involver Superjobber or Spiderflop. It's now Flying Man, Buttman, and Daddypool. This is your new big three. Balee dat.

2016 is bringing in new eras everywhere. Wrasslin', gaming, superheroes etc.

Tom Hardy as Hal Jordan. Instantly make Green Lantern popular again to general audiences. Or Guy Gardner.

Would also accept him as Oliver Queen. Him on the island would be great since he's amazing at playing feral characters, and he cleans up great. Also gonna need someone with a lot of goodwill so people don't bitch over replacing Amell.

Boke1879

If this movie manages to make more than $800 million, I'll be genuinely surprised. No one could have anticipated BvS getting savaged like it did. So much anger from Taliban nerds. But crazier unexpected things have happened this year already.

There is a new trinity after all, and it doesn't involver Superjobber or Spiderflop. It's now Flying Man, Buttman, and Daddypool. This is your new big three. Balee dat.

2016 is bringing in new eras everywhere. Wrasslin', gaming, superheroes etc.

I can see it doing numbers if it's reviewed well. I know lots of people who aren't into this whole thing but excited for Suicide Squad. I think people are curiously interested. People know Joker will be in it. The fandom finally gets Harley on the big screen and she's being received very well.

Not to mention the marketing for this movie has been pretty good so far.

Really? The only way i can see myself cheering for Aquaman is if he calls a sea animal platelet.

Dude Aquaman is legit now. Don't be hating.

Tom Hardy as the Penguin.

A somewhat small buy still physically imposing mobster.

Come on guys you know it would be crazy good.

Ew no.

Beset option is having him do voice and mocap for Darkseid, imo. Just take his performance and make him... bigger.

I know, it was kind of bizarre.

While I thought that was the worst clip of all, he did look cool

But seriously, AquaMoama, if done well, could be a monster hit

It got a BRITISH AUDIENCE to cheer, we never cheer, we solemnly watch or maybe smile ha ha

Verendus

Banned
It's really good they have Will Smith in a superhero movie though. I never knew I wanted it until it happened.

I'd kind of like to see Denzel in one too. I wouldn't have minded him as Gordon. I feel like a Batman movie would play to his strengths. Make it a psychological crime thriller that is less action and more of a detective mystery. If you had Denzel, you could make a separate series of movies about Gotham's police force.

Because it's Denzel.

Boke1879

Aquaman if done well will be a hit. Yes he's been viewed as a joke among the public and I think they know that. Just show how brutal he can be with his powers is all you have to do.

Dead

well not really...yet
They just need to have this happen

qPrkxOG.jpg

And people will be on board

It's really good they have Will Smith in a superhero movie though. I never knew I wanted it until it happened.

I'd kind of like to see Denzel in one too. I wouldn't have minded him as Gordon. I feel like a Batman movie would play to his strengths. Make it a psychological crime thriller that is less action and more of a detective mystery. If you had Denzel, you could make a separate series of movies about Gotham's police force.

Because it's Denzel.

Willy has 75 million fans on facebook and watching reaction videos to this trailer, people like his lines. He's a charismatic guy and I am totally fine with that casting.

Verendus

Banned
Willy has 75 million fans on facebook and watching reaction videos to this trailer, people like his lines. He's a charismatic guy and I am totally fine with that casting.
That's good, friend.

Because you know I'd have to kill you if we had opposing points of view.

Edit:

If Aquaman's home isn't actually in the water, and in some kind of cave with surface conditions, it'd be better. That way they can spend the budget on the crazy sea monsters where it belongs.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
WB has a CinemaCon presentation tomorrow. Not sure if we should expect anything or not.

Zack Snyder fired, George Miller to take over. Grant Morrison and Geoff Johns to oversee DCEU.

GAF would crash

a916

JL will be safe as fuck: simple plot, no Biblical imagery, no struggling characters etc. None of that. This will be more of a studio movie than Snyder movie. And it probably will test screened a million times before release.

WB doesn't do movies like that... and wasn't BVS screened a billion times?

If that's the case, DCEU is pacing well ahead of MCU at this point... hardly the deathblow people were claiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom