• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are we talking MCU villains and GoTG in here again?

I'm sure it makes sense somehow.

Squad has villains, MCU has villains, Squad's villains contrasted with MCU's villains... there's something there.

Although there's really no defending the "Olivia Munn isn't asian" angle. Especially considering the character's uh complicated history.

IconGrist

Back on topic...

henrycavill 1st week of training done. 7 days, 9 workouts and a whole lot of food!

12940844_940470149406423_596000963_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEGjXOUA5h8/?hl=en

Also, here is an interview with Batman v Superman editor David Brenner. He talks about how various scenes are extended in the original 3 hour cut (ignore the 4 hour assembly cut info, that was never going to be released). Some great insight on what an Editor does and what Zack specifically asked of him on MoS and BvS.

jmood88

Asian women appeal to me. Strong, independant Asian women appeal to me even more. It has nothing to do with Psylocke, the character. Though I guess she doesn't need to be Asian. I just don't think Olivia Munn is all that attractive, which is kind of what I look for in a femme fatale.
Wow, what an awful post.

I think you missed the point... if Thanos is supposed to be feared by the audience, you don't do it by having a medicore underdeveloped villain undercutting him in his first meaningful appearance (and even then, not that long). He wasn't cowering in his boots, sure, but if Ronan, some chump clearly had zero fear in him, the only character we've seen interact with Thanos, then why are we, the audience, supposed to think he's someone to be feared?

Besides, him finally getting his hands dirty came a year later in a different movie's end credits.
I don't get this "Ronan is a chump" thing. He was underdeveloped as a character but he beat the shit out of the Guardians (and the Nova Corps) every time they tried to come up with a plan to defeat him, right up until the very end of the movie.

Effect

Back on topic...

Also, here is an interview with Batman v Superman editor David Brenner. He talks about how various scenes are extended in the original 3 hour cut (ignore the 4 hour assembly cut info, that was never going to be released). Some great insight on what an Editor does and what Zack specifically asked of him on MoS and BvS.

Pretty good interview. Had no clue there was so much more footage in regard to Man of Steel out there.

Anth0ny

Back on topic...

he posted another instagram pic of what he's pulling on the other side of that rope

rTP95Fk.jpg

guek

Banned
I don't get this "Ronan is a chump" thing. He was underdeveloped as a character but he beat the shit out of the Guardians (and the Nova Corps) every time they tried to come up with a plan to defeat him, right up until the very end of the movie.

It's a pretty big hyperbole, and I say that as someone who thought Ronan was awful. He was still beastly in his direct confrontations with the Guardians. People like to pick on Thanos because it's easy considering he's had such little screen time. In the GotG scene, he clearly made Ronan cower when he finally spoke, and Korath was terrified of him even when they had the infinity stone. I'm more bothered by Thanos' visual design than anything else, mainly just the eyes.

Rooster12

Keeping it 100, there are about 4 Rogue Galleries that stand above all others in comic: Batman (even if I personally am not that hot on it), Superman, Spider-Man, and The Flash. Every other hero has a solid 1-5 rogues that are worth a damn, then the rest are mediocre to outright trash.

FF4 (well, mostly Reed) has some great villains

This whole ending is so fucking stupid I tell ya.

They could've made Superman likable without killing him.

I think we shouldn't use spoilertags for BvS in here now.

Keeping it 100, there are about 4 Rogue Galleries that stand above all others in comic: Batman (even if I personally am not that hot on it), Superman, Spider-Man, and The Flash. Every other hero has a solid 1-5 rogues that are worth a damn, then the rest are mediocre to outright trash.

If we're being honest, the 1-5 villains worth a damn apply to those 4 too.

If we're being honest, the 1-5 villains worth a damn apply to those 4 too.

Superman, yeah. His rogue's gallery isn't that hot unless you start roping in JL and universe-tier threats like Darkseid into it. Without them, it''s basically

-Luthor
-Metallo
-Brainiac

And that's about it, as far as big repeat names goes. And Metallo is kind of stretching it.

For Bats, though, Joker, Penguin, Ivy, Catwoman (technically), Bane, Scarecrow... there's a ton. Not as familiar with Spidey, but he's got a similar count. And Flash has the Rogues, which pretty much automatically puts him in the upper ranks.

Penguin

Superman, yeah. His rogue's gallery isn't that hot unless you start roping in JL and universe-tier threats like Darkseid into it. Without them, it''s basically

-Luthor
-Metallo
-Brainiac

And that's about it, as far as big repeat names goes. And Metallo is kind of stretching it.

For Bats, though, Joker, Penguin, Ivy, Catwoman (technically), Bane, Scarecrow... there's a ton. Not as familiar with Spidey, but he's got a similar count. And Flash has the Rogues, which pretty much automatically puts him in the upper ranks.

I'd throw Zod there since starred in 2 movies.

Bizarro is strange, but think pretty well known.

Mongul

For a certain audience, Mister Mxyzptlk

I'd throw Zod there since starred in 2 movies.

Bizarro is strange, but think pretty well known.

Mongul

For a certain audience, Mister Mxyzptlk

Mongul is kind of a stretch, imo. Bizarro barely counts as a rogue. Mr. Mxyzptlk is more a piece of trivia than anything else.

Zod I'll grant you.

guek

Banned

-Luthor
-Metallo
-Brainiac

Superman has a lot of good B-tier villains, ones that wouldn't ever be in a movie by themselves. I'm talking about villains like Parasite, Titano, Bizarro, Toyman, etc.

Mongul could be a movie villain though. That'd be sick as hell

Penguin

Apparently everyone is getting jacked, but seems folks noticed a certain word Jason used... think first movie would be too soon to introduce it

Cf2UOfsVAAAqWBW.jpg

Guess everyone is working out

Cf2jMwKUkAAeTMm.jpg

Cf2jMtmUkAAUr-X.jpg

Ninjimbo

Back on topic...

Thanks for posting that interview. I learned a little bit more about what an editor does. I feel that three hour cut is going to be something different after reading this. All the work that went into this film seems like it warrants a longer cut than what we currently have.

Also, nice to know that Snyder used to be a painter before he became a director! He has like three books worth of drawings for BvS alone. I wish I could see it. All of it makes sense now.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So everyone except Ezra getting huge as fuck? Batfleck, Baldman and Seaman shirtless on the big screen. thatismyfetish.gif.

Someone talked about it yesterday. Anything to expect?

Don't know what to expect. The most massive info dump we got was out of an investor's call. Now that BvS has probably gotten most of it's Box Office, they can make any announcement they want to without worrying about it affecting BvS.

I don't think we'll hear anything concrete until SDCC.

Rooster12

-Luthor
-Metallo
-Brainiac

Uh..you forgot Doomsday.

He probably even beats Luthor in terms of popularity.

Superman has a lot of good B-tier villains, ones that wouldn't ever be in a movie by themselves. I'm talking about villains like Parasite, Titano, Bizarro, Toyman, etc.

Mongul could be a movie villain though. That'd be sick as hell

Mongul is easily a Superman villain, he started out as a Superman villain before he branched off to Justice League/Green Lantern stuff.

Supes has quite a few villains who should be A-list:

Maxima, Manchester Black, Preus, Gog, Hank Henshaw, Ultra Humanite, Dominus, Silver Banshee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom