• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
For real tho, DCEU is swole as fuck got damn.

Then we got the Rock joining soon too.

TBH I think we need more girls in the JL lol. Too much beefcake.

Uh..you forgot Doomsday.

He probably even beats Luthor in terms of popularity.

Mongul is easily a Superman villain, he started out as a Superman villain before he branched off to Justice League/Green Lantern stuff.

Supes has quite a few villains who should be A-list:

Maxima, Manchester Black, Preus, Gog, Hank Henshaw, Ultra Humanite, Dominus, Silver Banshee

Doomsday is a weakass villain, c'mon man.

Mera in JL. Believe it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

There is no such thing as too much beefcake, we need more. I want a scene of the JL members going to the gym and just talking about how to get those gains. Tarantino style dialogue. Do it WB.

And then we need to add the ultimate hero to the team, a real hero, a human being:

Driver_01.jpg

a916

Superman has a lot of good B-tier villains, ones that wouldn't ever be in a movie by themselves. I'm talking about villains like Parasite, Titano, Bizarro, Toyman, etc.

Mongul could be a movie villain though. That'd be sick as hell

Here's the thing... all it takes is one B-list character to be written well and we have ourselves a Scarecrow.

From Nolan's interpretation of him and the Arkham Knight game, you can definitely up a villains weight by doing him justice.

guek

Banned
Here's the thing... all it takes is one B-list character to be written well and we have ourselves a Scarecrow.

From Nolan's interpretation of him and the Arkham Knight game, you can definitely up a villains weight by doing him justice.

Sure but do you really want a Superman v Titano movie?

Most of Superman's villains would make great supporting secondary villains. I'd love to see Parasite done well on screen.

I assume they'll just show the recent SS trailer at CinemaCon when talking about that movie. They might show some WW footage that will probably be used in the upcoming teaser trailer. Probably just some prerecorded message from Zack about Justice League.

Effect

I wonder if anyone is possibly live tweeting that WB meeting when it starts. Or if we'll have to wait until it's done to hear anything.

Firemind

You know, I've seen BvS three times and I don't think I've seen this cut in the film. Instead, if I recall correctly, Batman uses one of his gadgets to slingshot a crate onto an unlucky victim. I kind of prefer the cut in the trailer. At least, unless I'm crazy and somehow missed it.

Im starting to think Rock is holding back Shazam, not the studio

The dudes schedule is jampacked. All of these videogame movies exist in development hell for decades, then Rock just comes along and says hes filming a Rampage movie in a few months. The man doesnt defies logic

IconGrist

Im starting to think Rock is holding back Shazam, not the studio

The dudes schedule is jampacked. All of these videogame movies exist in development hell for decades, then Rock just comes along and says hes filming a Rampage movie in a few months. The man doesnt defies logic

I think he got his sleep removed. Or he's on coke pretty much 24/7.

There is no such thing as too much beefcake, we need more. I want a scene of the JL members going to the gym and just talking about how to get those gains. Tarantino style dialogue. Do it WB.

And then we need to add the ultimate hero to the team, a real hero, a human being:

Driver_01.jpg
Mydude.gif

For real if the Goz gets added to the DCEU I would be ecstatic. I wanted him for a young Batman before we heard Snyder was going TKDR route.

I think he got his sleep removed. Or he's on coke pretty much 24/7.
I'm always fascinated by schedules of guys like him. I think he posted a rundown a while back of a normal day and iirc after his workouts/meetings/acting/eating he only gets like 4 hours of sleep a night. Don't know how someone could keep that up for so long.

Boke1879

Mydude.gif

For real if the Goz gets added to the DCEU I would be ecstatic. I wanted him for a young Batman before we heard Snyder was going TKDR route.

I'm always fascinated by schedules of guys like him. I think he posted a rundown a while back of a normal day and iirc after his workouts/meetings/acting/eating he only gets like 4 hours of sleep a night. Don't know how someone could keep that up for so long.

Seriously I saw someone try to mimic what he does for a day and it's just too much. He gets like 4 hours of sleep. Eats so much food it's unreal.

I just hope they do Black Adam, Zoom, Black Manta & Sinestro justice. Zod was done very well imo, Doomsday should have looked more like Doomsday but he was never a compelling villain anyways. Lex isn't in line with most comic portrayals but he was still a good villain. DC's villains are all a lot of fun.

Simo

Tsujihara just said he looks forward to working with Affleck on a Batman movie. i'm taking that as confirmation lol

Said its coming within the next 5 years.

EDIT: Affleck and Amy Adams are on stage now talking about the DC movie universe .

Simo

No problem! They were on stage talking about Batman v Superman too.

Looks like all the cast of Suicide Square are there too?

EDIT: Snyder sent a video message with the JL cast on set in London. It's happening!

New Wonder Woman movie footage too!

2018 slate: The Flash, Aquaman and possibly...The Batman?!

To elaborate they showed a DC Cinematic sizzle reel like the one that aired on TV only with more Wonder Woman footage. End of the reel had a video message from Zack and the rest of the JL cast including Cavill apologizing for not being there tonight due to being in London and on set filming the Justice League.

Ashhong

Karen Fukuhara is so cute... Hope she blows up from Squad..don't really know her role. I needs more Asian actresses in Hollywood.

Simo

WB announced that 10 DC movies will be released over the next 5 years including Batman, sounds like confirmation of Affleck directing? lol "We’re excited to be working with Ben Affleck on a standalone Batman film.” - WB CEO CEO Kevin Tsujihara.

Suicide Square were on stage, talking up the film and showing a extended look.

WB announced that 10 DC movies will be released over the next 5 years including Batman, sounds like confirmation of Afflect directing? lol "We’re excited to be working with Ben Affleck on a standalone Batman film.” - WB CEO CEO Kevin Tsujihara.

Please be Ben Directing. He's movies are great character wise.

shingi70

Banned
WB announced that 10 DC movies will be released over the next 5 years including Batman, sounds like confirmation of Afflect directing? lol "We’re excited to be working with Ben Affleck on a standalone Batman film.” - WB CEO CEO Kevin Tsujihara.

How is that even possible, right now I count

Suicide Squad
Wonder Woman
Justice League
Aquaman
Shazam
The Flash
Justice League 2
Cyborg

I'm guessing 9 and 10 are Superman and The Batman

Ashhong

I feel like they would have said specifically that Ben was directing. Probably not final yet

How is that even possible, right now I count

Suicide Squad
Wonder Woman
Justice League
Aquaman
Shazam
The Flash
Justice League 2
Cyborg

I'm guessing 9 and 10 are Superman and The Batman

You answered your own question lol. Although I would switch Cyborg with Squad 2

Effect

I feel like they would have said specifically that Ben was directing. Probably not final yet

You answered your own question lol. Although I would switch Cyborg with Squad 2

I would imagine Shazam gets replaced by SS2 if it's a hit this August. Black Adam likely gets moved to another film. It's really waste to not use The Rock now. You don't have to wait on a Shazam movie to use him.

Gotg is my fav comic book movie since TDK, easily.

i guess iron man 1 might not count since it came a few months before that

so i'd say

DofP > Iron Man 3 > TDKR (has it's problems for sure but i'm appreciating it a lot more now after the comic book onslaught) > GOTG > the rest since TDK.

witness

I would imagine Shazam gets replaced by SS2 if it's a hit this August. Black Adam likely gets moved to another film. It's really waste to not use The Rock now. You don't have to wait on a Shazam movie to use him.

If they want Superman to blow up, you put The Rock in there as Black Adam for a showdown with Supes. People will be lined up for that.

Boke1879

This is what I'm saying. He's a draw. don't shoe horn him into a movie, but at this point he can make an appearance. It seems a Shazam movie is so far off.

Ashhong

I dont know anything about Black Adam, but why can't they just have a Shazam movie in there? Is a Shazam movie less plausible than Cyborg?

Hngggggg Karen. She's all over Will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom