• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

I was trying to think of what villain Day-Lewis would be a perfect fit for since he was brought up, but then I realized the guy could play freaking Mister Mxyzptlk and probably win an Oscar for it.

Seriously WB, get this going... you have one of the biggest box office draws, a dude that just oozes charisma something their films (I love) lack. MOS2 with Shazam origin and Black Adam.

I still want this adapted Badly. Supes mentoring Noob Captain Marvel

latest

Kibbles

man jared leto is such a corny ass dude. every time i hear about his on-set joker antics it gets more and more cringeworthy

his joker performance will be great though. i'm with it.
Most of the shit out there is fake thanks to memes spreading around but hey the cast took all that shit in good spirit somehow. will Smith said once they saw Jared's test reel they knew they had to all step up their game. Jared got the squad to unite against him, they sent him back the pig with their own message and had back and forths. The used condoms and shit is weird af (obviously artificially made I assume...) but hey good idea to get under their skin and make everyone feel uncomfortable when Joker's prescence is felt on screen lol The way Jared was laughing and side-eyeing that whole interview I thought he was joking >.>

a916

Most of the shit out there is fake thanks to memes spreading around but hey the cast took all that shit in good spirit somehow. will Smith said once they saw Jared's test reel they knew they had to all step up their game. Jared got the squad to unite against him, they sent him back the pig with their own message and had back and forths. The used condoms and shit is weird af (obviously artificially made I assume...) but hey good idea to get under their skin and make everyone feel uncomfortable when Joker's prescence is felt on screen lol The way Jared was laughing and side-eyeing that whole interview I thought he was joking >.>

Part of me thought that too... the condoms and anal beads are made up and they're just all joking about it... he mentioned that, then the Croc actor was like yeah I got a sticky Playboy magazine... and they all kept embellishing it.

guek

Banned
Leto seems like a guy who makes you just want to punch him in the face over and over

That kinda fits with the Joker, I suppose.

I was pretty peeved though when he didn't recognize the LGBT community when he won the Oscar for Dallas Buyer's Club. At least he's a decent actor. I may not like the guy but it looks like he's going to do well in the role.

Leto seems like a guy who makes you just want to punch him in the face over and over

I was pretty peeved though when he didn't recognize the LGBT community when he won the Oscar for Dallas Buyer's Club. At least he's a decent actor. I may not like the guy but it looks like he's going to do well in the role.

All method actors are like this btw.

a916

Nah, come on. He was tearing up talking about his mom and brought up civil unrest in the Ukraine, gave a mention to those lost to AIDS and said, "...to those of you out there who have ever felt injustice because of who you are or who you love, tonight I stand here in front of the world with you and for you" directed towards the LGBT crowd.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
wow that shit about the condoms and the anal bead was just cringe, he should've send them smilex.

Gleethor

Doesn't mean their face isn't punchable! *KAPOW!*

Most method actors are just weird people. Except Daniel Day Lewis, but he's more of a recluse.

DDL swears he saw his father's ghost on stage and hasn't done theater acting since. He's at least a little weird.

Ashhong

You got a link to that list?

Nope, and I haven't seen any other articles about it. Makes me think that they did not announce all 10 films and directors. There's no way there wouldn't be articles about that shit, including who will direct JL2

What did they say?

Forget Batman v Superman. Here you get Ant-Man v Spider-Man, Hawkeye v Black Widow, Scarlet Witch v Vision, The Winter Soldier v Black Panther and (well, duh) Captain America v Iron Man, all rolled into one. And that is what you call the ultimate Marvel superhero event.

Not that bad, plus it's true

PBY

Banned
What did they say?

Forget Batman v Superman. Here you get Ant-Man v Spider-Man, Hawkeye v Black Widow, Scarlet Witch v Vision, The Winter Soldier v Black Panther and (well, duh) Captain America v Iron Man, all rolled into one. And that is what you call the ultimate Marvel superhero event.

a916

Is it weird that somehow people complain we can't do 6 characters in JL (3 new ones) yet no one complained about new Spider-Man/Black Panther/Scarlet Witch/Vision? Characters with little to no development going into Civil War?

Yet people want a standalone movies for Flash/Aquaman/Cyborg before the JL movie...

Loxley

Is it weird that somehow people complain we can't do 6 characters in JL (3 new ones) yet no one complained about new Spider-Man/Black Panther/Scarlet Witch/Vision? Characters with little to no development going into Civil War?

Yet people want a standalone movies for Flash/Aquaman/Cyborg before the JL movie...

It's always been a stupid double-standard between the DCEU and MCU.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Get ready for the internet to take the piss for the whole month. BvS is going to get reference and shat upon from a great distance. Ofcourse it won't phase me, and I could hardly give a shit.

a916

Collider talking about The Rock and how he could pull playing playing a dual role in Shazam... I just don't get it DC... you're sitting on this huge actor who's perfect for the role, in a world where people are dying for some lightheardedness (not me, I enjoy both) and you've done nothing but ignored Shazam. Didn't even get a mention in the DC Special back in January.

Because the few DC movies that have supposed to be part of their cinematic universe haven't done a good job with the characters.

People knew about this going from a one stand alone movie? That's a bit premature judgement don't you think? There's a difference between I don't think this particular person can pull it off and "DC can't do this, it's dumb, standalone movies please"

Because the few DC movies that have supposed to be part of their cinematic universe haven't done a good job with the characters.

Few, in this case, meaning two. But I agree BvS didn't handle its cameos well. Iron Man 2 caught flak for much the same reasons. Avengers was the payoff and we'll see if Justice League is that for WB's DC films.

jmood88

People knew about this going from a one stand alone movie? That's a bit premature judgement don't you think? There's a difference between I don't think this particular person can pull it off and "DC can't do this, it's dumb, standalone movies please"

Few, in this case, meaning two. But I agree BvS didn't handle its cameos well. Iron Man 2 caught flak for much the same reasons. Avengers was the payoff and we'll see if Justice League is that for WB's DC films.
I'm counting Green Lantern, since that was supposed to kickstart things but even if you take that out, what has been presented by Warner and Snyder for their cinematic universe hasn't given people reason to expect any of their movies to handle the characters well.

I thought the bulk of the complaints of two many characters was on BvS.

ReiGun

I thought the bulk of the complaints of two many characters was on BvS.
Nah. People have been complaining about "too many characters without solo movies" since Justice League was announced.

Though, to me, that remains an argument that just shows people haven't had much exposure to ensemble pieces before. Either that, or they don't understand how truly simple these characters are.

I'm counting Green Lantern, since that was supposed to kickstart things but even if you take that out, what has been presented by Warner and Snyder for their cinematic universe hasn't given people reason to expect any of their movies to handle the characters well.

Yes. Sure. Can't exactly speak to that because I view it all on a, perhaps dated, director to director basis. I understand reservations for Justice League and Snyder's films. I'll let work Patty Jenkins and David Ayer speak for themselves. Similarly, I have reservations on Doctor Strange's writers and director. Being under the producer umbrella of Marvel Studios doesn't resolve me of those doubts as it does others.

Collider talking about The Rock and how he could pull playing playing a dual role in Shazam... I just don't get it DC... you're sitting on this huge actor who's perfect for the role, in a world where people are dying for some lightheardedness (not me, I enjoy both) and you've done nothing but ignored Shazam. Didn't even get a mention in the DC Special back in January.
Makes little sense, guy would promote the hell out of it too day and night.

Tabby

Get ready for the internet to take the piss for the whole month. BvS is going to get reference and shat upon from a great distance. Ofcourse it won't phase me, and I could hardly give a shit.
Internet has been taking the piss for weeks now. I'm used to it.

jmood88

Scarlet Witch, Quiksilver, Vision, Spider-Man, Black Panther isn't any more developed than Wonder Woman at this point.
And I'm not saying that they are (or that they need a whole movie to themselves to set them up), I'm saying that people don't trust the DC characters to be done right, and don't think that adding characters on top of characters will fix anything, because they haven't been done right thus far.

Boke1879

And I'm not saying that they are (or that they need a whole movie to themselves to set them up), I'm saying that people don't trust the DC characters to be done right, and don't think that adding characters on top of characters will fix anything, because they haven't been done right thus far.

So far it really only seems people have an issue with Superman. Outside of that I don't think people have issue with these characters.

Scarlet Witch, Quiksilver, Vision, Spider-Man, Black Panther isn't any more developed than Wonder Woman at this point.
I'd agree with Vision, but Switch definitely had more developlent in Ultron than WW had BvS and it's impossible to make any judgements about Black Panther or Spidey at the moment

jmood88

So far it really only seems people have an issue with Superman. Outside of that I don't think people have issue with these characters.
Batman is more Rorschach than Batman (though Affleck does a great job with what he's given) and Wonder Woman has done so little that we have no idea what she'll end up doing over a full movie. The point is, with Zack Snyder in charge of the big team-up movie, he hasn't done anything to suggest that giving him more characters will lead to anything good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom