• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yager

Banned
Just came back from the cinema, I took my mother to see BvS. She cried a lot and told me "I don't understand all the criticism that it got. People are stupid". Yep, that's my mother. I love her.

IconGrist

Jup, Batfleck gives no shit and is strong, quick and knows how to fight. TDKR Bane would get his back broken. Goddamnit, I'd pay good money to see that happen.

Well, you'll notice Hardy's big mouth has been pretty quiet since the world was introduced to Batfleck. :p

a916

It's less than two years away (March 2018) and given that it, presumably, feature lots of VFX and set pieces they are going to have to get a move on.

I'd have thought that WB would want this shooting by the end of this year or at the beginning of next at the latest. This would leave them a far chunk of time for the post production and VFX work.

We could very well be in a situation where Warners does want to stick a name director into this and thus might have to postpone it and miss it's original release date.

Alternatively WB may not want to throw time and money at this without seeing how Wonder Woman fairs never mind Justice League at the end of 2017 and thus it could be postponed and miss its original release date anyway.

Realistically they have a year to find a director... they should find him now so he/she can familiarize himself/herself instead of throwing the director in there with no time to adjust. If Dr Strange can be turned around in months, Flash doesn't need a year in post.

Jup, Batfleck gives no shit and is strong, quick and knows how to fight. TDKR Bane would get his back broken. Goddamnit, I'd pay good money to see that happen.
Well Batman Begins Bale would've easily beaten Bane. Bale was huge then. Also Begins Bat suit was the best, too bad it made life hell for the actors

Also technically Ben wouldn't be able to because the script woudnt allow it :p

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Well Batman Begins Bale would've easily beaten Bane. Bale was huge then. Also Begins Bat suit was the best, too bad it made life hell for the actors

Also technically Ben wouldn't be able to because the script woudnt allow it :p

Dunno about easily, would have took him some good effort just like in TDKR. Batfleck suit is best man.

Batfleck takes out 24 dudes in like 3 minutes time (at 45 years!), he would rip Bane apart.

Loved how despite Batman being a beast, the criminals he went up against were straight vicious. The escalation in threat'd mean Bane in this universe is The Mountain without injecting venom.

What's the stance on posting gifs from cam footage? Found one that illustrates what I mean.

IconGrist

Loved how despite Batman being a beast, the criminals he went up against were straight vicious. The escalation in threat'd mean Bane in this universe is The Mountain without injecting venom.

What's the stance on posting gifs from cam footage? Found one that illustrates what I mean.

Not sure but a good chunk of the Faora gifs posted are from cam footage.

SJRB

Gold Member
glOC46i.gif

If this fucking thing came at me I'd run for my life. Like, seriously.

Firemind

He looks much leaner in Suicide Squad though. I wonder if we're going to see Batman sprinting like a god, similar to Black Panther chasing a motorcycle.

SJRB

Gold Member
He looks much leaner in Suicide Squad though. I wonder if we're going to see Batman sprinting like a god, similar to Black Panther chasing a motorcycle.

Batman would've just used his grappling gun and janked that dude off the bike instead of running after a motorcycle like a fucking dumbass.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Doubt it, what I would like to see is Batman taking on the SS at once. Imagine the warehouse scene but instead of some random goons it's basically the Suicide Squad. And Batman just wrecking shit now that he is back in the game for good.

Funny side note, I remember thinking up theories about the context of this scene and why it was going to be awesome.

IF I HAD ONLY KNOWN
I thought the scene was going to be him at Metroplis at night after the Zod died. Or that he was their the whole time, I think it was getting Dark during the fight.

I don't know why, but I was way off. Instead we got a ending that I felt was unnecessary. And a wasted shot

Firemind

Doubt it, what I would like to see is Batman taking on the SS at once. Imagine the warehouse scene but instead of some random goons it's basically the Suicide Squad. And Batman just wrecking shit now that he is back in the game for good.
This is basically what happens in Assault on Arkham. He goes fucking HAM on them.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
This is basically what happens in Assault on Arkham. He goes fucking HAM on them.

Jep, and doesn't he then dress up as one of the badguys as well? Wouldn't work in live-action, but the fighting part would be fucking sick. Please Ayer, deliver. He did say they made him fight sooo there is hope.

Jep, and doesn't he then dress up as one of the badguys as well? Wouldn't work in live-action, but the fighting part would be fucking sick. Please Ayer, deliver. He did say they made him fight sooo there is hope.

I don't think we will get that story line, but I can see a lot of inspiration taken from Assault on Arkham.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think we will get that story line, but I can see a lot of inspiration taken from Assault on Arkham.

Well, not the story but I would love to see Batfleck taking on the SS on his own and just tearing them a new one.

SJRB

Gold Member
Well, not the story but I would love to see Batfleck taking on the SS on his own and just tearing them a new one.

Would be hilarious if Suicide Squad got rekt by Batman in their own movie.

I'll leave the link without embedding it just in case.

http://i.imgur.com/pamuZ5p.gif

Two ordinary goons don't give a chance to breath.

..yeah, except this doesn't show Batman breaking the one guy's arm, and smashing the other dude's head literally through the floor.

IconGrist

..yeah, except this doesn't show Batman breaking the one guy's arm, and smashing the other dude's head literally through the floor.

His point was the escalation of threat that random goons gave Batman. How many times have we seen random goons not even pose a threat? These guys almost beat him. We know they weren't going to but they came closer than any other group in any other Batman movie.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Would be hilarious if Suicide Squad got rekt by Batman in their own movie.

Well, same thing happened to Supes so yeah. It's Batman, I wouldn't put it past them to have the whole JL being mind controlled by Darkseid in and it was up to Batman to take every single one of them down.

His point was the escalation of threat that random goons gave Batman. How many times have we seen random goons not even pose a threat? These guys almost beat him. We know they weren't going to but they came closer than any other group in any other Batman movie.

Tbf Batfleck is 45 and not in peak condition like he used to be. But yeah, not something that happens a lot.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Movie version easily.

Comic version definitely not.

Nah, Batman is just really fit. Cap/Bucky etc. all juiced up and do the most insane shit Batman is not capable off. I think Cap/BP/Bucky could take Batman in a 1vs1 fight. Batman is probably the better fighter and maybe more agile but in terms of power....just one punch or kick should be enough to knock him out.

Bleepey

Batfleck would teabag TDKR bane. Snap his neck whilst doing so.
Just came back from the cinema, I took my mother to see BvS. She cried a lot and told me "I don't understand all the criticism that it got. People are stupid". Yep, that's my mother. I love her.

What parts did she cry at?

glOC46i.gif

If this fucking thing came at me I'd run for my life. Like, seriously.

I'd just say fuck it and take my ass kicking

I kinda hope in the movie the suicide squad somehow get free from the bomb and Batman is forced to get them one by one once they split up. Shit like getting Killer Croc as he escapes from water, avoiding Sniper fire from Deadahot and boomerangs from Captain Boomerang and finally a showdown with the joker and Harley. Shibari Steve never defused his bomb.
I thought the scene was going to be him at Metroplis at night after the Zod died. Or that he was their the whole time, I think it was getting Dark during the fight.

I don't know why, but I was way off. Instead we got a ending that I felt was unnecessary. And a wasted shot

What was the context again?

BadAss2961

Loved how despite Batman being a beast, the criminals he went up against were straight vicious.
I thought that was brilliant. Usually randoms are just fodder for the hero to style on, but these guys went IN and got some damage done. Grenades, knives out, slashing to kill. Batman tanking the pistol and knifing knife dude was epic. This was Batman in his element, and it was perfect.

I hope he gets more fights like this with that kind of weight to it. One hell of a standard was set.

Bleepey

I thought that was brilliant. Usually randoms are just fodder for the hero to style on, but these guys went IN and got some damage done. Grenades, knives out, slashing to kill. Batman tanking the pistol and knifing knife dude was epic. This was Batman in his element, and it was perfect.

I hope he gets more fights like this with that kind of weight to it. One hell of a standard was set.

I would love to see a mashup of hardcore henry and an Arkham Asylum predator mission. Imagine you see Batman getting infrared layout of a room in a factory from Alfred and you see him in first person do shit like use batarangs to take out lights, jam guns electronically, throw criminals of walkways, throw random batarangs so they fire in the wrong direction as he comes up behind them, puts some criminals in a chokehold, breaks the legs of others so he can use their screams as psychological warfare whittling them down from double digits to single figures, you see them go from being spread out to being like a Roman phalanx, to batman jamming another gun electronically whilst he scoops a criminal like a bird of prey and throw him 20ft to the ground as the hard floor breaks his bones and his fall. Throughout all this the criminals conversation changes from jokes about comic book films and disposable henchman in general, to orders being barked, to panic, till the final gunman is either begging for his life or is going full Tony Montana YOLO say hello to my little friend last hurrah sorta shit.

Effect

I think the big difference here was that these were legit professionals. They weren't street gang criminals. They were really final level styled enemies. I loved that about that fight. There were several times during that fight where they clearly went for the kill and there was none of that stupid standing back while others fought. They went at him at the same time when they could.

Batman could beat cap in the same way anyone could, taking him by surprise when he's in civilian garb. In this version with a sniper rifle to the head. But that never happens to these heroes because plot armour, just like batman never gets hit by a lethal blow or executed when he's knocked out. Unless they got superhuman bullet resistant skin any one of these folks could go down like a chump with no warning.

BadAss2961

I think the big difference here was that these were legit professionals. They weren't street gang criminals. They were really final level styled enemies. I loved that about that fight. There were several times during that fight where they clearly went for the kill and there was none of that stupid standing back while others fought. They went at him at the same time when they could.
Well remember... The third act in Batman Begins had men trained by Ra's Al Ghul, and they couldn't do anything.

Yes. I adore Nolan's trilogy, but you have goons, gangsters, SWAT, and the League of Shadows all acting as amateurs to let Batman be cool and win. In the warehouse scene, they're trying their best to kill Batman. And in fairness, you do get the typical bad guy runs towards melee fighter with gun in the Knightmare scene. But when you're doing a long take, those gaffes are to be expected.

It reminds me of why I love the Smallville fight in MoS. Faora and the big guy keep dragging him down to give a beating.

Effect

Well remember... The third act in Batman Begins had men trained by Ra's Al Ghul, and they couldn't do anything.

I've always had a BIG problem with that. I love those films but it's really inspite of the action a lot of the time. Even the Burton films had those enemies that could give Batman a challenge toward the end.

BadAss2961

I've always had a BIG problem with that. I love those films but it's really inspite of the action a lot of the time. Even the Burton films had those enemies that could give Batman a challenge toward the end.
He got wrecked by dude in the bell tower. Had to cheese it.

MisterHero

Someday we'll get a movie where Batman confronts 100 bad guys in a warehouse, and Superman uses superbreath to wipe them all out.

"worst movie ever, Batman didn't do nothing!"

My frothing demand for more Superman/Batman increases.

This new Batman has so much potential, and the possibilities are endless. And what makes me really giddy is that Ben Affleck is in complete creative control of him. Unless Justice League is so bad that it permanently damages the Batman brand, I think The Batman movie is gonna be fire.

Anyone remember that part during the warehouse brawl where some punk unloads two into Batman's cowl, and he doesn't even give a shit... Batfleck is a beast.

ReiGun

Well he's right in that he never said Wan was leaving Aquaman.

He only implied the ever-loving fuck out of it to the point others started circulating the rumor using him as a source. But he himself never said it.

IconGrist

Well he's right in that he never said Wan was leaving Aquaman.

He only implied the ever-loving fuck out of it to the point others started circulating the rumor using him as a source. But he himself never said it.

That's because he is an intelligent asshole. He's very precise in his wording so when he's called out he can be like "NO NUH-UNH!" He did the same thing with the reshoot rumor. It's funny that both Ayer and Wan have shut him down two rumors in a row.

BadAss2961

That's because he is an intelligent asshole. He's very precise in his wording so when he's called out he can be like "NO NUH-UNH!" He did the same thing with the reshoot rumor. It's funny that both Ayer and Wan have shut him down two rumors in a row.
I like how Wan handled it. A picture truly is worth a thousand words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom