• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Apparently The Winter Soldier enjoyed Batman v Superman. Thought the visuals were insane. Ben Affleck was incredible. The warehouse fight was awesome. Jesse Eisenberg had him cracking up.

Bottom of the article.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ap-are-in-love.html?via=desktop&source=Reddit

Scarlet Witch hasn't seen BvS but said "these movies aren't for critics". She heard about the Sad Affleck meme and thought it was really rude and refuses to watch it.

http://e.walla.co.il/item/2956707

Translation:
"This movies are not for critics. I didn't see Batman v Superman, and honestly - I'm going to see Civil war for the first time tonight, but any way - this movies are for the wide audience, not for a small group of critics.

Q: This saying is a bit dated. don't you think? Mabye 10 years ago, when critics went out their way to praise Kazakh drama movies, and disparage comic book movies.. But now, ciritics seem to appreciate comic book movies and try to find things to analyze.

A: "I'm not saying that critics can't like Civil War and other comic book movies. It's always nice that people like your movie, because you want them to wirte good things about it, but this movies are not made for them or for the Oscars.

Q: "So maybe Civil War and such should start being considerd for the award season?"

A: "We're not there yet. But awards are awards and I don't have an opinion about them. All I can say is that we're working with the best of the best. PF, CD, SD - they're the best out there and we're lucky to be working with them.

Q: "So you wouldn't be sad if critics will bash your movie, like they did with Ben Affleck.."

A: "I don't understand.."

Shows her a sad Affleck gif

A: "Oh yeah, I heard about it. I have no Intention of watching it. It's rude. Look, you just can't know what kind of reviews your movie will get. You might not like the finished product, the critics might not like it, and so on. It's part of the game"

Apparently The Winter Soldier enjoyed Batman v Superman. Thought the visuals were insane. Ben Affleck was incredible. The warehouse fight was awesome. Jesse Eisenberg had him cracking up.

Bottom of the article.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ap-are-in-love.html?via=desktop&source=Reddit

Scarlet Witch hasn't seen BvS but said "these movies aren't for critics". She heard about the Sad Affleck meme and thought it was really rude and refuses to watch it.

Translation:

Class acts, the both of them.

Dead

well not really...yet

Bottom of the article.

Translation:
Even Anthony Mackie refrained from bashing the film when asked about it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were coached not to bash the competition. I would hope the actors in DCs stable follow suit.

DaveH

I wouldn't be surprised if they were coached not to bash the competition. I would hope the actors in DCs stable follow suit.
Maybe, they know their audience has a lot of crossover. I'd also like to think it's because between the last time he shot his mouth off, he's been in a handful of movies with DC actors as co-stars.

IconGrist

Even Anthony Mackie refrained from bashing the film when asked about it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were coached not to bash the competition. I would hope the actors in DCs stable follow suit.

The only one who sort of fuels it for the fanboys is Jason Momoa. Affleck and especially Cavill have been very respectful.

Maddocks

Only really Aquaman himself has been doing the whole "Fuck Marvel" thing. Everyone else is pretty non bashing and is pretty supportive because they know all tides rise ships, so no need to bash.

But Chris Evans, that is my captain.

Tabby

Only really Aquaman himself has been doing the whole "Fuck Marvel" thing. Everyone else is pretty non bashing and is pretty supportive because they know all tides rise ships, so no need to bash.

But Chris Evans, that is my captain.

Even then I don't think Aquamoa really means it, just playful banter.

It's not a good look to trash the competition. CBMs are sucking up so much talent in Hollywood, you're going to be working with some of the competition on other projects at some point, no point in making it awkward just to score points with a small group of fans.

guek

Banned

Considering the gaffs Mackie has made in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel sent him a polite letter asking him to please shut the hell up.

hamchan

I think they're all smart enough to not kick something while it's down. Like, on the build up to both films it's fine to drum up some fanboy fuel to hype it all but now that both films are out there's no reason to bash, especially when there's all the possibility you could be working with these people down the line in your career.

Bleepey

The issue with the Rock being Adam is that he's too...likable. He had the same problem whenever WWE tried to make him a heel. He has so much natural charisma and energy that rooting against him actually feels uncomfortable. He'd go to cities and make fun with them - as wrestlers are wont to do when they need easy heat - and the crowd would just laugh alongside him. They couldn't bring themselves to boo him.

Just...look at his fucking smile.

the-rock-smiling.gif

Look at that charming son of a bitch. How do you not make him the hero?

Granted, this isn't to say he won't be a good Black Adam. In fact, if it's true that he had his choice, I'm guessing he picked BA to step out of his comfort zone and get to be the bad guy for a change. But Shazam plays so much better to the Rock's strengths that it's a real missed opportunity.

He can be a more charming Loki.

that Elizabeth Olsen sure could affect my probability of having a chance with her ifyouknowwhatimean.
get it? because she's the Scarlet witch and her hex powers are about changing probability..? no?

Penguin

I'm behind on the news....So that Wan rumor was false? He is on board for Aquaman?

There was never really any Wan "rumors"

A terrible game of telephone, but really it was only that he was feeling a bit apprehensive and he seemingly squashed those rumors.

strafer

man, watching the kevin smith review of civil war video...holy shit..the praises the shit out of it.

I really hope he does that with DC at some point. Makes me sad when the show is Fatman on Batman.

that picture of elizabeth olson in that article though....whew.

that Elizabeth Olsen sure could affect my probability of having a chance with her ifyouknowwhatimean.
get it? because she's the Scarlet witch and her hex powers are about changing probability..? no?

Scarlet Witch is really distracting how beautifull she is, I mean jesus christ she is incredible sexy.

Cap seemed to like it too.

Almost of month of filming JL and nothing. I figured Snyder would've dropped something in the middle of the night by now, but maybe he's laying low for a bit.

a916

The only one who sort of fuels it for the fanboys is Jason Momoa. Affleck and especially Cavill have been very respectful.

Cavill's been super respectful. He's ridiculously smart as to what to say.

Momoa had fun but nothing's worse than what that tool RDJ said though about The Dark Knight.

“The Dark Knight. “My whole thing is that that I saw The Dark Knight. I feel like I’m dumb because I feel like I don’t get how many things that are so smart. It’s like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I’m like, ‘That’s not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.’ I loved The Prestige but didn’t understand The Dark Knight. Didn’t get it, still can’t tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I’m like, ‘I get it. This is so high brow and so *bleeping* smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.’ You know what? *bleep* DC comics. That’s all I have to say and that’s where I’m really coming from.”

MisterHero

Cavill's been super respectful. He's ridiculously smart as to what to say.

Momoa had fun but nothing's worse than what that tool RDJ said though about The Dark Knight.
That's funny coming from a guy who played Sherlock Holmes. :p

Though I guess Holmes could just be resourceful rather than be supremely intelligent.

Dead

well not really...yet
that pic is cool. FCUK WORK lmao.

Also, here's to hoping for them having a solid WW trailer for comic con and suicide squad!

What the? That quote can't be real.
It is lol. I remember when RDJ said it. Was quite the trolling ammo back then iirc.

I'm guessing the Stunt Double is also the one wearing the Wonder Women costume.
Now we wait for teaser trailer.

Alright guys I'm predicting Wonder Women to suck on the basis that Zack is Executive producer.

MisterHero

Alright guys I'm predicting Wonder Women to suck on the basis that Zack is Executive producer.
BvS spoiled it for us, she steps away from humanity for 100 years. Depressing movie confirmed

I don't care, I wanna see it

a916

Nah, this is either going to suck because DC film division is a mess... or it's going to succeed because Jenkins was allowed to be a filmmaker

MisterHero

This is why Cap 1 is the best MCU film. Screw practicality!

captain-america-stagejaue7.jpg

the covered ears almost ruin everything

it's missing the fish scale armor but that's forgivable

Anyway, Green Lantern Corps is delayed a month...in 2020. Man, that's four years. Four years ago Avengers came out. Four years before that was The Dark Knight. Can't fathom what the comic landscape is in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom