• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gliding by to ask again if anyone has a link to that Imgur gallery that explained so well why MARTHA worked as a point and what it stood for and meant for Supes and Bats. I saw it somewhere in a BvS related thread but never saved it, I need it!

Also, cannot wait for this full DC. I really hope there is no public release of the theatrical cut. Should not exist. Only way to do best for this movie now..althrough by reading through the thread, they are releasing the thatrical version too...but if I am reading correctly, they all include both?

/snip

couple weeks earlier for Digital HD.

What?! Source? Where and when is the digital release?

Brutal Batman, Ninja Batman, what about Scrappy Batman? I like those scenes in the Nolan trilogy where it's just Bruce in a skully getting into hospital rooms or sneaking inside the police station to talk to Gordon. More Batman like the one in Zero Year, I say.

I want this Batman:

GVIgwHc.jpg
oijU4mp.jpg
fe3sNtX.jpg

Effect

Just gliding by to ask again if anyone has a link to that Imgur gallery that explained so well why MARTHA worked as a point and what it stood for and meant for Supes and Bats. I saw it somewhere in a BvS related thread but never saved it, I need it!

Also, cannot wait for this full DC. I really hope there is no public release of the theatrical cut. Should not exist. Only way to do best for this movie now.

I think this might be the one you're looking for.

http://imgur.com/account/favorites/DIdY8

Every comics slightly related to that.

Dark Knight comic ? Comfort comics
Kingdom Come ? Comfort comics
That time they meet in the BTAS ? can't be more comfort cartoon

I think this is sarcasm, but I can't tell with this damn movie anymore. The last one is, the first two not so much.

Senoculum

Poetry...based Terrio and Snyder. What a great cinematic moment.

I loved that bit too. Especially when Bruce's face became crestfallen, and the camera lingers on him as he takes two, three steps back. Great performance, great character moment.

Not to mention the fact that I felt like an idiot to have never realized, until this film, that their mother's names were identical :p

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That is how I saw it as well. Too bad it will be always dismissed as ''lol, Martha. so dumb. fuck Snyder''.

Ahasverus

So Wonder Woman wrapped filming today according to Gal. Her words are super sweet.

I'm kinda impressed that after filming Justice League she will be playing the character for four straight years.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So Wonder Woman wrapped filming today according to Gal. Her words are super sweet.

I'm kinda impressed that after filming Justice League she will be playing the character for four straight years.

So that is like 5 months of shooting, isn't it normally like 3 or 4?

Anyway, can't wait. If they don't use her theme song I'm going to rage.

antovolk

Also, cannot wait for this full DC. I really hope there is no public release of the theatrical cut. Should not exist. Only way to do best for this movie now..althrough by reading through the thread, they are releasing the thatrical version too...but if I am reading correctly, they all include both?

What?! Source? Where and when is the digital release?

New films have always come out on Digital HD 2-3 weeks before Blu-ray/DVD. eg. Deadpool - only comes out tomorrow on Blu-ray and DVD, but been out on digital since April 26. Given the current Blu date for the US is July 19....you can do the math haha

Ultimate Cut U.S. Digital HD pre-orders:
VUDU: http://vudu.com/movies/#!content/758439/Batman-v-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice-Ultimate-Edition
FandangoNOW: https://www.fandangonow.com/details...-edition/MMV31E5DEE87A7C497D76BE973AA722A4E75
PlayStation: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...rder/cid=UV0004-NPVB23371_CN-0000000000309892
Amazon: www.amazon.com/Batman-Superman-Justice-Ultimate-Edition/dp/B01DCQQD9U?tag=tinkfana-20
XBOX: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sto...dawn-of-justice-ultimate-edition/8d6kgx0lz0b3
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/movie...wn_Of_Justice_Ultimate_Edition?id=cJhKTlZ6tU4
iTunes is the only one that doesn't have pre-orders up for this.

And yes, most Blu-rays will have both cuts. All the U.S. ones will, internationally it will depend on ratings whether they'll have it packaged in as standard with all releases or have the "Ultimate Edition" as a separate pack. The 4K one should be the UC by default, with the theatrical on the included regular Blu-ray.

But this just makes Batman look like a xenophobic idiot :-/

The turn is just too abrupt for my taste. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a drastic face turn but that's what ruins it, not the motivation behind it.

Yeah but Batfleck for most of the film is a xenophobic idiot, that's the point.

Senoculum

So that is like 5 months of shooting, isn't it normally like 3 or 4?

Anyway, can't wait. If they don't use her theme song I'm going to rage.

They do. Captain America Civil War had just under 4 months of principle photography. Only BvS and Star Wars 7 had long ass schedules (7 months, and 6 months respectively).

This is a good sign; that means the post schedule is almost an entire year for WW. I'm hoping for some sweet ass VFX.

IconGrist

But this just makes Batman look like a xenophobic idiot :-/

The turn is just too abrupt for my taste. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a drastic face turn but that's what ruins it, not the motivation behind it.

I would argue any face turn is drastic. Any turn in general. It's so easy to flip on something especially when that was the kind of person you are to begin with and a tragic situation knocked you off course.

Civil War spoilers:
Look at T'Challah. Easy going guy. Rational. His father dies and he blames Bucky right away even though the info given was weak. Bucky outright tells him he didn't do it and instead of asking him to elaborate continues to attack. The realization, when it finally comes, that he was wrong about everything and let his rage guide him was the same as Batman's. I think why it appears to work better in CW is because the turn happened with the villain which makes it come across more dramatic to the audience. Batman saw Superman as the villain but the audience didn't.

This explanation would work so much better without the moronic Lion King stuff.

..but I suppose wrapping it like it's told to a 12-year-old has its purpose, considering this apparantly needs explaining like it's some profound insight in the first place.

"Why do movies have so much exposition?!"

Cause clearly it's needed more than people want to admit.

guek

Banned
I would argue any face turn is drastic. Any turn in general. It's so easy to flip on something especially when that was the kind of person you are to begin with and a tragic situation knocked you off course.

Civil War spoilers:
Look at T'Challah. Easy going guy. Rational. His father dies and he blames Bucky right away even though the info given was weak. Bucky outright tells him he didn't do it and instead of asking him to elaborate continues to attack. The realization, when it finally comes, that he was wrong about everything and let his rage guide him was the same as Batman's. I think why it appears to work better in CW is because the turn happened with the villain which makes it come across more dramatic to the audience. Batman saw Superman as the villain but the audience didn't.

That's a good explanation why it doesn't work. But there was a bit more going for that turn in Civil War -
Namely T'challa realized Bucky was framed whereas Batman's grievances against Superman for his carelessness fighting Zod and potential to turn evil are never clearly resolved. Like if T'challa let Zemo go because he sympathized with the loss of Zemo's family, it would be just as odd.

Firemind

I'm still waiting for my ninja Batman :-(

The scene at the docks in Begins is the closest thing we've ever gotten.
That scene was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. He suddenly hangs upside down to scare some goon and all the goons don't even use shooting poses. Then you get the incomprehensible brawl and "I'm Batman."

I much prefer the execution of Batman's introduction in BvS.

Rooster12

That's a good explanation why it doesn't work. But there was a bit more going for that turn in Civil War -
Namely T'challa realized Bucky was framed whereas Batman's grievances against Superman for his carelessness fighting Zod and potential to turn evil are never clearly resolved. Like if T'challa let Zemo go because he sympathized with the loss of Zemo's family, it would be just as odd.

Zemo is supposed to be a Nazi racist right?

Him even talking to T'Challa makes no sense. He even called T'Chaka a great man I believe. What the hell he's a proud Aryan racist who sees Blacks as inferior.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That scene was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. He suddenly hangs upside down to scare some goon and all the goons don't even use shooting poses. Then you get the incomprehensible brawl and "I'm Batman."

I much prefer the execution of Batman's introduction in BvS.

That was great, just like they said; basically a horror scene. Chuckled at the victims not wanting to be rescued. I dunno why, it was just so great.

IconGrist

I would say it was resolved, but as you said, not clearly. It wasn't as obvious as T'challa's resolution. Which had the benefit of happening at the expense of the villain. Batman's resolution wasn't complete until after Superman's death. "I failed him in life..." The Martha scenario was just a part of it. In the fight with Doomsday Superman showed he was more wary of the surrounding environment and attempted to take the fight into space where no harm would come to anyone. Then gives his life to put Doomsday down. These two events are enough, I think, to justify Bruce's full turn on his opinion of Superman. It took longer to happen than it did with T'challa, and one could argue the audience impact, but personally I feel both came to their conclusion.

Effect

They did.
Zemo is Sokovian, he's unrelated to Hydra

There are hints of it though.
In the end he talks about Caps eyes and notices there is some green in them and comments how it was disappointing. Says something like "One can't be prefect.". That does make his talk with Tchalla a bit weird. There is another scene from earlier on as well I think that touches upon this but can't remember it. They did stand out for me because was I wondering which Zemo this was going to be.

I saw the film again today. Just can't get over how much I love Superman's final words.

"This is my world. You... are my world"

And that fucking music. Please be awesome in Justice League, Clark.

There are hints of it though.
In the end he talks about Caps eyes and notices there is some green in them and comments how it was disappointing. Says something like "One can't be prefect.". That does make his talk with Tchalla a bit weird. There is another scene from earlier on as well I think that touches upon this but can't remember it. They did stand out for me because was I wondering which Zemo this was going to be.
He didn't say he was disappointed about it, but rather was commenting that this perfect specimen of a man is actually flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom