• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibbles

Just got back from Civil War...marketing for Suicide Squad is failing hard. I've seen a shit ton of movies this year, all the CBMs too, and none of them had a Suicide Squad trailer. Not even goddamn BvS. Like what the fuck?

Wanted to see it on the super-screen :(

Just got back from Civil War...Marketing for Suicide Squad is failing hard. I've seen a shit ton of movies this year, all the CBMs too, and none of them had a Suicide Squad trailer, not even BvS. Like what the fuck?

I've gotten Suicide Squad multiple times, but never Civil war ironically.

Besides its only May, don't burnout the people yet

Just got back from Civil War...marketing for Suicide Squad is failing hard. I've seen a shit ton of movies this year, all the CBMs too, and none of them had a Suicide Squad trailer. Not even goddamn BvS. Like what the fuck?

BvS had a suicide squad trailer attached when i went

I've seen it in BvS and something else I forgot this year. Not sure about CW, but obviously the Tasmanian market is more important to DC than your theatres :p

Trailers are left up to the discretion of the theater.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, I leave for a couple of hours and that other thread gets shut down. Oh well. BvS threads tend to get closed a lot I noticed.

Better the devil you know....you guys were sick of MoS threads. Well, now we have BvS!
Sick of that? Just wait for JL, ohhh boy.

OT is frankly shit, it's worse than console wars on gaming side at this point. It's toxic enough that I don't even want to consider ever making a thread about the DCEU again, or anything DC related, period. Box Office thread already 4 posts in and someone has to shit on BvS, like really? Comic fans being man children looks more and more true every day.

Dont you just love how a thread about Civil War turns into a BvS shitshow?

Filthy ass fanbase...
UoNcrUc.gif

Busty

Banned
Devin Faraci at it again.

If you're going to assemble the greatest superheros on your earth you're gonna need a threat to fight. So what - or who - is the threat that the Justice League will face in Justice League? Is it Darkseid, who was heavily hinted at in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? Is it an evil Superman, as also heavily hinted at in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? Or is it... a minor character who only showed up in BvS' deleted scenes?

Yup, it's Steppenwolf. When the deleted scene of Lex Luthor meeting a monster in his Kryptonian warm bath first popped up online the internet thought that monster was Steppenwolf. I couldn't believe it - the monster barely looked like Steppenwolf, and in fact his whole aesthetic was nothing like that of the New Gods, the corner of the DC Comics universe from which Steppenwolf arises. But I was wrong! Boy was I wrong.

This all seems perfectly plausible to me. I have a feeling that the potential war/tensions between Atlantis and the Wonder Woman's people will play a major part in this film however.

But...., kinda want.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/11/we-know-the-villain-of-justice-league

Still curious about that scene. Folks refer to it as a deleted scene, but originally it's part of the viral Lex/OS site using a username/password found in the Abbas credits. What I'm asking is if it will be edited into the Ultimate Cut or effectively a post-credits stinger.

Effect

Fucking don't make a CGI main villain. It's going to be stupid.

Looks like an alien from Destiny:

steppenwolf-batman-v-superman.png

stick to this, please:
steppenwolf-batman-v-superman.jpeg

Nothing saying they would. would doubt that's finalized form as well. Even then he doesn't have to look like the comic version exactly. That said I'm not about to believe Faraci on story details. No rumors got that right I believe when it came to BvS. His track record on that front is also horrible.

shingi70

Banned
It makes sense considering the communion scene and the ending of BvS, but I was hoping for Throne of Atlantis or a non New Gods threat to get the team together.

Steppenwolf makes a lot more sense than burning Darkseid this soon. He shows up, presents a threat to the whole league, gets barely beaten, heads back to Darkseid a sniveling wreck, gets Omega Beamed, suddenly Darkseid is a legit threat because holy shit did you see what he did to Steppenwolf?

Nothing saying they would. would doubt that's finalized form as well. Even then he doesn't have to look like the comic version exactly. That said I'm not about to believe Faraci on story details. No rumors got that right I believe when it came to BvS. His track record on that front is also horrible.
An adequate jobber to feed to the League and build up darkside for the sequel.

Steppenwolf seems like a good choice if, and only if, that wasn't representative of the look he's gonna have in the movie.

edit: ah, as a poster above mentions, if this is just a hologram of sorts they can still fix it.

OT is frankly shit, it's worse than console wars on gaming side at this point. It's toxic enough that I don't even want to consider ever making a thread about the DCEU again, or anything DC related, period. Box Office thread already 4 posts in and someone has to shit on BvS, like really? Comic fans being man children looks more and more true every day.

BvS was always gonna be compared to CW, it's just that BvS failed across the board while CW is being lauded as one of the best comic book movies ever that is adding fuel to the fire.

Ashhong

I don't see a problem with using a character who was never introduced before. It's how movies have done it for decades before MCU and they were fine. There's absolutely no build up of any villains in the JL cartoon and I've still somehow managed to enjoy it.

BTW: I do not like JL Unlimited. I want the Flash and the original team back. Don't care about all these third rate heroes.

Dead

well not really...yet
The character is one they can kinda shape into whatever they want.

Honestly it's a decent idea (if true) as it allows Darkseid to be a villain for JL1, but not THE villain

Penguin

An adequate jobber to feed to the League and build up darkside for the sequel.

Yeah that makes sense

Since this is a team origin, probably want a villain who has a simple enough background and can be defeated just as swiftly... and more importantly open up a world of opportunities for future films

tim1138

Ugh, I really hope that's not how Steppenwolf actually looks. If they want to go with one of Darkseid's generals for the villain, I would love to see Granny and her Furies.

Is WB fucking shitting the bed now ?

Suicde Squad release in germany is the 18th of august, us the 5th. WHAT THE FUCK? Is this real? Two fucking weeks?

Dead

well not really...yet
Ugh, I really hope that's not how Steppenwolf actually looks. If they want to go with one of Darkseid's generals for the villain, I would love to see Granny and her Furies.
Remember that was the Kryptonian ship 3d holgram everything is silver thingy

He will probably look different in the flesh

If true, I can live with Steppenwolf being the villain for JL. It's better than making a jobber out of someone more well known, but who am I kidding, all villains are jobbers anymore. I can't even remember the last time I walked out of a theater thinking a villain almost won or at least kept it even. TDK maybe?

Well Dent won, he just didn't shoot Bale in the head when he got heads.
Which means the Joker would've won if Batman didn't become public enemy #1.

Yeah that's the only movie where no one actually won.

Tabby

Eh, I'm fine with Stepphenwolf as the villain if they can make him interesting. I'd rather it be someone like Darkseid or Brainiac though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom