• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Guys this is Faraci reporting this... we shouldn't be treating this with any more legitimacy than a fan theory.

This. So much this!

So WB added another DC film to December 25, 2020. As of now they're gonna have 3 movies per year starting with 2018.

I think anything that close to the holidays has to be Harry Potter related or by some miracle or terror (depending where you are) Middle Earth/Lord of the Rings related. Not sure what else they'd be willing to put that close to or even on Christmas of all days. Unless it's some animated Christmas movie they haven't announced yet. I don't think it could be anything DC related.

SArcher

Banned
I think anything that close to the holidays has to be Harry Potter related or by some miracle or terror (depending where you are) Middle Earth/Lord of the Rings related. Not sure what else they'd be willing to put that close to or even on Christmas of all days. Unless it's some animated Christmas movie they haven't announced yet. I don't think it could be anything DC related.

Makes sense. it's just that CBR said that "Warner Bros. has announced the release of a DC "event film" for December 25, 2020". They might have made a mistake though.

Ahasverus

Fucking don't make a CGI main villain. It's going to be stupid.

Looks like an alien from Destiny:

steppenwolf-batman-v-superman.png

stick to this, please:
steppenwolf-batman-v-superman.jpeg
To be fair, alien gods located million of light years far in the unvierse being human-like is stupid.

IconGrist

Considering all the heavy Christ allegories Snyder loves to push I wouldn't be surprised if the December 25th, 2020 movie is our Man of Steel sequel.

I think because DNA, he left some people live that can blame him, and because They knew where the Joker was when he kill some cops, thus he couldn't be pin.

it really doesn't make any sense. gordon could have blamed the killings on anyone. nolan's movies hand wave a lot of shit like this. either way i liked the ending of TDK, which is why the start of DKR is so unbelievably disappointing. it was obvious they tried to shoehorn the dark knight returns into the movie by having bats be retired at the beginning. "we'll hunt him, because he can take it" *retires for 8 years*

Bleepey

it really doesn't make any sense. gordon could have blamed the killings on anyone. nolan's movies hand wave a lot of shit like this. either way i liked the ending of TDK, which is why the start of DKR is so unbelievably disappointing. it was obvious they tried to shoehorn the dark knight returns into the movie by having bats be retired at the beginning. "we'll hunt him, because he can take it" *retires for 8 years*

The biggest plot hole was saving the joker whilst letting Ra's die despite him being perfectly cool with "I may not kill you, but I don't have to save you" in the first movie.

Ahasverus

I still think Nolan not recasting the joker was morally right, but artistically wrong. Made worse by the fact that Joseph Gordon leviitt is almost Heath's twin.

I don't even know who Sepphenwolf is

1. a rock band started in 1968, their big hit is born to be wild. some say they basically started the Heavy Metal sound. I tend to agree.

2. one of Darkseid's children/generals.

If true, I can live with Steppenwolf being the villain for JL. It's better than making a jobber out of someone more well known, but who am I kidding, all villains are jobbers anymore. I can't even remember the last time I walked out of a theater thinking a villain almost won or at least kept it even. TDK maybe?

Zod came close.

The biggest plot hole was saving the joker whilst letting Ra's die despite him being perfectly cool with "I may not kill you, but I don't have to save you" in the first movie.

well to be fair Ra's was inside a burning train on a broken track still willing to fight Batman while the joker was on a roof with Batman. you can see why one isn't worth/can't be saved while the other you don't have to use lethal force.

Ahasverus

If true, I can live with Steppenwolf being the villain for JL. It's better than making a jobber out of someone more well known, but who am I kidding, all villains are jobbers anymore. I can't even remember the last time I walked out of a theater thinking a villain almost won or at least kept it even. TDK maybe?
Civil War

a916

^^^ that one too.

Empire Strikes Back (not a comic book movie though)

Man of Steel is 9.99 on Google Play. I was gon buy it, then I read that you cant download Google Play movies to pc. Smh

Is Google Play not the same as Youtube Purchases?

Snaku

Banned
Realized I had nothing to do tonight, and would really like to see BvS again, soooo...making my sixth trip to the theater for this movie. Can't believe I have to wait until July to see the directors cut.

IconGrist

Realized I had nothing to do tonight, and would really like to see BvS again, soooo...making my sixth trip to the theater for this movie. Can't believe I have to wait until July to see the directors cut.

I'm seeing Civil War again on the 21st with my brother so I'll probably catch BvS again sometime before then. Gotta put that Ultimate Ticket to work!

I'd prefer Desaad over Steppenwolf as a warm up villain before Darkseid but either can work if written properly.

Steppenwolf's a lot more punchy facey than Desaad, who would only really work in a Loki-esque capacity, the manipulator who can't stand up in a straight fight. Which would be doubly bad since we JUST got that with Luthor :p

Besides, as Darkseid's general, he would be the front line dude.

duckroll

Any chance of there being reviews and info about the Director's Cut before it's released? Will there be a fan screening anywhere? Will the press get review copies?!

Magwik

Banned
Any chance of there being reviews and info about the Director's Cut before it's released? Will there be a fan screening anywhere? Will the press get review copies?!
There were rumors of them putting it in theaters but thats about it. BvS should be dropped from theaters completely by the end of the month.

IconGrist

There were rumors of them putting it in theaters but thats about it. BvS should be dropped from theaters completely by the end of the month.

Not my theater. They keep everything for like 6 months. They are still showing Star Wars and Deadpool. Anything that made halfway decent money.

I like the idea of New Gods having few human-like features so I'm for the CGI look. I like them looking otherworldly, I think it would be interesting.

guek

Banned
Steppenwolf's a lot more punchy facey than Desaad, who would only really work in a Loki-esque capacity, the manipulator who can't stand up in a straight fight. Which would be doubly bad since we JUST got that with Luthor :p

Besides, as Darkseid's general, he would be the front line dude.

It's comics, man. Just have him eat a father box at the end and go into rage mode or something.

Whoever they go with, saving Darkseid is preferable. Not that he needs several films of build up, but the crux of Justice League should be the formation of the Justice League.

Speaking of which, I'm assuming they fight parademons at one point. Have to wonder if Batman is buffed or them nerfed to give him action beyond tactics. Wouldn't mind if he's kept human scale and the rest do the work.

Whoever they go with, saving Darkseid is preferable. Not that he needs several films of build up, but the crux of Justice League should be the formation of the Justice League.

Speaking of which, I'm assuming they fight parademons at one point. Have to wonder if Batman is buffed or them nerfed to give him action beyond tactics. Wouldn't mind if he's kept human scale and the rest do the work.
He was kicking parademon ass in Justice League War. We need to see live action explosive batarangs.

Dead

well not really...yet
went on a little buying spree just now

Bought DC Absolute Editons of:

All Star Superman
Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn
Batman Incorporated.

Guess I went a little Grant Morrison nuts, but that wasn't the original intention. Was gonna buy Batman inc in trades, but found out the absolute edition has tons of redrawn pages.

$230 tho ;_; But getting em Saturday!

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Buff Batman. The answer to all our problems is Batman.

Batman <3

KonradLaw

Since it's two JL movies that will be out in pretty short succession hyping up Darkseid in first one and then having him in second would be perfect.

IconGrist

Y'all ready for the next batch of 4chan Justice League rumors???

Are you????

The first act of the Justice League focuses on Batman trying unite the team. Only Flash, who is a Batman fan,officially joins the team. Later, Batman, Flash and Wonder Woman go to Atlantis to recruit Aquaman with Mera. Orm is very hostile and attacks Diana, Batman and Flash with some guards but Aquaman stops the fight.

At the beginning of the film, Bruce poses as an interested investor for STAR Labs and tries to hack into the files to learn more about Victor while Silas gives him a tour of the facility which includes a machine that holds a miniature sun but is blocked by Victor himself. This leads to a flashback scene of Victor's origin.

Darkseid's army is lead by his General Steppenwolf along with Kanto, Granny Goodness and The Furies. We will see Apokolips in this film before Darkseid launches his attack on Earth. Deesad also has a small cameo. Darkseid's look is inspired by his Darkseid War look with a combination of his classic look. He will be around 9 feet tall. At the end of the first act, Darkseid launches his first attack on Earth. His army of Parademons attack several major countries. Steppenwolf along with Kanto leads an assault on Atlantis that leads to Queen Atlanna's death (who is actually stabbed by Orm with one of the Parademons' weapons and blames them) and the death of hundreds of Atlanteans. The Furies and Granny Goodness attack the White House. Victor starts to lose control to the Mother Box in his systems but manages to calm himself only to see Silas die. Darkseid then appears and destroys Coast City with his Omega Beams. A Green Light shines in the middle of space. An enraged Hal Jordan makes his way to Earth.

Batman, Flash and Wonder Woman try to take the fight to Darkseid but are overwhelmed even after Aquaman and Mera join. Hal Jordan shows up and attacks Darkseid only to get his arm broken. The team is about to be executed when they are teleported by Cyborg.

Bruce tells the team that Darkseid's army is attacking major cities first and they need a place to regroup. Bruce and the team go to the Kent farm and come up with a plan that involves Cyborg reversing the Boom Tubes and teleporting the armies back to Apokolips but the plan is a long shot because Victor can't fully control his abilities and is suicide. Aquaman and Green Lantern are also driven by revenge tell Cyborg to teleport them back to the battle. Bruce eventually visits Clark's grave and talks about how he still failed him in the end. Cyborg shows up and talks to Bruce but says someone else is with them as his systems pick up a third heartbeat only to realize is coming from Superman's grave. The teams digs up the body only to see Clark hasn't decomposed and has grown hair. They formulate a plan to dip Clark's body in the miniature sun at STAR Labs in hopes that it could fully recover Superman.

Cyborg eventually teleport the team to STAR Labs but is swarmed by Parademons. Eventually Darkseid is informed of Superman and sends his Parademons to the location. The team manages to throw Superman into the miniature sun and he recovers and dismantles all the Parademons in the lab. Superman then adresses the world thanks to Cyborg and challenges Darkseid and his army to meet the Justice League at Coast City.

The team fights Darkseid and his elite. Mera and Wonder Woman kill Granny Goodness, Stompa and severely incapacitate the other Furies. Aquaman beats Steppenwolf but Parademons get in his way and prevent him from killing him, Flash beats Kanto and Superman, Green Lantern, Cyborg and Batman take the fight to Parademons. Darkseid then takes the battle to them and beats them to a pulp but is eventually barely defeated by Superman. Darkseid leaves with his army and vows revenge for the humiliation that he suffered at the hands of Superman and the Justice League.

Y'all ready for the next batch of 4chan Justice League rumors???

Are you????

I actually like the sound of most of that, but I'm going to guess "fake" because of the GL stuff. Which might be for the best, because as much as I like how the Apokalips invasion sounds, the rest is kinda awkward.

Oh, and also fake because 4chan.

Not likely to be real especially this early. BvS never got an accurate plot leak until like the week it opened, though some of them did get various small elements right.

Give Batman some of those super-pills from Injustice. Say Luhor invented them, but they can only be used sparingly because of health effects.

tim1138

Give Batman some of those super-pills from Injustice. Say Luhor invented them, but they can only be used sparingly because of health effects.

Or just introduce Rex Tyler and the Miraclo pills, since they do exactly that and already exist in the DCU. Make him a STAR Labs scientist or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom