• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

I hope they rely on more lesser known and more diverse actors who they can turn into stars rather than stars when they are casting for these movies. And they seem to be doing that with Jason Mamoa, Ray Fisher, and Gal Gaddot.

duckroll

Thor 1 was mediocre, Thor 2 which he didn't write , but was written by same people who wrote Winter Soldier and Civil War, is terrible

It wasn't though. Thor 2 was originally drafted by Don Payne, then they hired Robert Rodat to do a rewrite. Marvel obviously still wasn't happy with it. So they got Markus and McFeely to take another look at it, before finally settling with Christopher Yost as the on set screenwriter. That's why the final film has 2 story credits and 3 screenplay credits. Lol. It's a mess.

Thor 1 was mediocre, Thor 2 which he didn't write , but was written by same people who wrote Winter Soldier and Civil War, is terrible
I must have the weirdest taste in movies. I really like Thor 2 and I enjoyed it more than the original, but hated Ultron and found Civil War very dull. Well except for the airport scene, that was epic. Overall, Civil War felt like a typical cookie cutter superhero movie with a lame ass villan. Spider-Man is worth the price of admission though... And maybe I'll enjoy it more with future viewings... I know I appreciated BvS way more with the second viewing but as it stands, I just found Civil War to be very meh.

A Booster Gold movie sounds cool but I'd honestly rather have Blue Beetle first.. It's too early to bring in Booster.

It wasn't though. Thor 2 was originally drafted by Don Payne, then they hired Robert Rodat to do a rewrite. Marvel obviously still wasn't happy with it. So they got Markus and McFeely to take another look at it, before finally settling with Christopher Yost as the on set screenwriter. That's why the final film has 2 story credits and 3 screenplay credits. Lol. It's a mess.

didn't they also helicopter in wheedon to rewrite a scene or two?

shingi70

Banned
Really like Berlanti so hopefully he does Green Lantern Justice.

You guys know when the Merchandise for Sucicide Squad is supposed to be coming out. He film is out and three months and we haven't seen much other than the toys.

Rooster12

Had a dream last night where I watched Suicide Squad.

Basically, the plot was completely ridiculous.

Will Smith (Deadshot) has a teleporter in his living room, where he can just walk through a wall and straight into the prison where all the other SS members were held. He starts breaking them out one by one. And they get lost ending up in some horror movie bathroom and had to fight zombies and shit. And Joker and Harley Quinn only make cameos in the movie as they die early on so you only see their bodies hahaha.

It was so awful....and then thankfully I woke up.

antovolk

Final Blu-ray cover for the U.S.:
87RLNkY.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-V-Superman-Dawn-Justice-Blu-ray-DVD/50934203

Release date (for the U.S.) has been pretty much all but confirmed/announced to be July 19 now. Expecting Digital HD couple of weeks prior.

Ahasverus

They are trying their hardest to make the UE the defacto Blu-ray version. It reminds me of they replacing the current syndicated version of Superman 2 with the Donner Cut. It's a real life retcon lol.

nah, it's awful. not that i really care about covers anymore, but that is objectively bad

all of these would have been better images to use for a cover

though i think the movie lends itself well to a star wars style cover with lex in there, maybe some parademons, some kryptonite (someone make it happen)

Magwik

Banned
The cover for the blu-ray and the Ultimate Edition being pushed so hard is about what I was expecting. A soft marketing redirection that's nowhere near as severe as Edge of Tomorrow's

a916

nah, it's awful. not that i really care about covers anymore, but that is objectively bad

all of these would have been better images to use for a cover

though i think the movie lends itself well to a star wars style cover with lex in there, maybe some parademons, some kryptonite (someone make it happen)

The first one is fan made I'm pretty sure.... honestly the only one that's really good of those promotional pictures is this one:

The vibrancy and the obviousness of what the movie is. I'd go with this.

Effect

Final Blu-ray cover for the U.S.:
87RLNkY.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-V-Superman-Dawn-Justice-Blu-ray-DVD/50934203

Release date (for the U.S.) has been pretty much all but confirmed/announced to be July 19 now. Expecting Digital HD couple of weeks prior.

The cover looks fine. I like that Wonder Woman is front and center like that. As for them pushing the UE version first and foremost it makes sense. I've been under the opinion for a while now that they originally had settled on 3 hours as the running time. Minus any changes that might have had to be changed to get the R rating down to be PG-13. The way Snyder has always talked about UE and how reports have said that the positive buzz was initially coming from the three hour cut makes me that is what the film originally was and approved as being. I think WB got cold feet due to how many times you could screen the film. Discussions went back and forth until the UE was approved and WB got their shorter version.

Someone said before that Snyder has never stated he was happy about the theater version. He's been talking up the UE version from the start once marketing got underway and it was known that version was coming. I think that was indeed the film he set to make and was approved to make until it got shortened even more as time got closer to release.

IconGrist

The first one is fan made I'm pretty sure.... honestly the only one that's really good of those promotional pictures is this one:

The vibrancy and the obviousness of what the movie is. I'd go with this.

The cover really doesn't bother me. I'm not watching the cover and the way they sit on my shelf you can't see the cover anyway.

SJRB

Gold Member
I love how they put WW front and center, but Bat and Supes just look weird in that composition.

It's the trinity, for fucks sake. Surely they could've gone for a bit more comic book-y pose.

ryan299

Mayimbe on his youtube show said GL, doesn't say which one, is in JL1 and mentioned Black Canary. Hopefully he's right this time lol

Will Smith (Deadshot) has a teleporter in his living room, where he can just walk through a wall and straight into the prison where all the other SS members were held. He starts breaking them out one by one. And they get lost ending up in some horror movie bathroom and had to fight zombies and shit. And Joker and Harley Quinn only make cameos in the movie as they die early on so you only see their bodies hahaha.

Oh man, I had a good laugh. That's great.

KonradLaw

Hey, better delete this post before Faraci posts that in his newest DC rumors article :)

Effect

Mayimbe on his youtube show said GL, doesn't say which one, is in JL1 and mentioned Black Canary. Hopefully he's right this time lol

He also mentioned something about the possible opening. Which as described is similar to the opening of the Fellowship of the Ring where you see the battle with Sauron where he loses the One Ring. If you are going to copy an opening that's a damn good one to do if true. That also leaves an opening to see Wonder Woman's mother in an action scene ala Elrond (Hugo Weaving's character) in Fellowship of the Ring. The more I think about this the more I want this part to be true.

a916

Michael B Jordan to Black Panther, insert expletive.

Really wishing they got this guy in the DCEU... and that all but rules out F4?

I was going to ironically post that Jordan should have been the live action debut of DC's first black hero Tyroc
have fun looking that one up
But now that I think about I, he could have made a great Firestorm. That's a great way to have more than 1 black guy in JL.

there goes my dream dick grayson casting. after creed i really wanted him to play a grown up protege to bruce wayne.

cool that he's in black panther though. keeping up that partnership with coogler.

Dead

well not really...yet
What role could be good enough that he is wasting his last capeshit ticket on a non lead role in a Black Panther movie. Really wonder who he is playing.

What role could be good enough that he is wasting his last capeshit ticket on a non lead role in a Black Panther movie. Really wonder who he is playing.

i don't think it was the role at all. the director called and he just said yes immediately most likely.

should be a villain or another major character though.

guek

Banned
Michael B Jordan to Black Panther, insert expletive.

Really wishing they got this guy in the DCEU... and that all but rules out F4?

It was practically guaranteed once Coogler got the gig.

Well the rumor is he's a villain, which would be uncharted territory for him as far as I know. I'd like to see him as Killmonger as long as it was a recurring role.

Still, the role could be way overblown and amount to little more than a cameo, in which case it's unlikely to burn any bridges for roles in the DCEU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom