• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

That sounds way too good to be true and a bit fake. No mention of J.K Simmons or Da Foe or Lois Lane or anyone else.

It's describing all action beats.

Of course it's fake but I do like the direction it goes in. What I really hope is that there is no evil Superman. If there are any changes to Justice League and that was a real possibility I would hope that's one of the first things that goes. JL should be completing the arc Snyder started in MoS for him and that should end with us having a Superman that inspires the rest of the world's heroes. Him sacrificing and returning should do that. Having an evil version completely screws with that I think. So whatever they do I hope they don't go down that road.

this movie will get laughed out of theaters if they go with granny goodness and sell it with the tone they've had in prior movies. that name's gonna change or that character aint staying.

Penguin

So Greg Berlanti confirmed in an interview with THR that he and Zach Stentz are attached to the Booster Gold movie. Stentz was writing the script at the time of the interview (April) and Berlanti said he'd like to direct it.

He also said he'd turn down being involved in any Flash movie that didn't involve Grant Gustin.

Here's the interview - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/flash-arrow-producer-greg-berlanti-892417

Here's the quote

If Warner Bros. TV executives asked you to be the Kevin Feige — who is the creative mastermind of Marvel — of the DC Cinematic Universe, what would you say?

It's never even really come up. Peter [Roth, president of Warner Bros. TV] knows how much I love the characters, and I like being part of this universe in any way that they'll all allow and are interested in me being a part. That's the truth. I'm attached to a few films [at Warner Bros.] now, and one, Booster Gold, is a DC property. Zack Stentz, who wrote an episode of Flash last year, just got the job, so he's writing the script now. I'd probably direct that, or I would want to. But I don't see my cup as limited. I actually think some of the stuff we get to do on the TV side is richer, deeper and more like the true comic books in the sense that you're always able to explore a new thing the next week and the stories grow wider and wider.

It's also interesting to hear him speak vs Zack.

guek

Banned
So Greg Berlanti confirmed in an interview with THR that he and Zach Stentz are attached to the Booster Gold movie. Stentz was writing the script at the time of the interview (April) and Berlanti said he'd like to direct it.

He also said he'd turn down being involved in any Flash movie that didn't involve Grant Gustin.

Here's the interview - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/flash-arrow-producer-greg-berlanti-892417

That's awesome. Though ordering a script isn't the same as greenlighting the project :p

I remain hopeful though

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What timing, Zack was just on the Fatman on Batman videocast yesterday talking about the Flash episode he wrote, which Kevin Smith directed from this week, and he hinted that he and Greg were working on a secret project. Smith and his co-host knew what it was, but they all said they couldn't say anything. Guess it's this Booster Gold movie.

a916

Apparently there's 2 more big rumors going around... both Faraci and Umberto dropping a rumor today.

Most interesting Umberto's article is this nugget (which if true is utterly terrifying and expect a mess of a film)

Also the script is being rewritten daily on set

Give Batman some of those super-pills from Injustice. Say Luhor invented them, but they can only be used sparingly because of health effects.

Or just introduce Rex Tyler and the Miraclo pills, since they do exactly that and already exist in the DCU. Make him a STAR Labs scientist or something.

Had Bats not just gotten over his darkness in BvS, and used Bane in TDKRises, it'd be an interesting segue into venom.

Penguin

Apparently there's 2 more big rumors going around... both Faraci and Umberto dropping a rumor today.

Most interesting Umberto's article is this nugget (which if true is utterly terrifying and expect a mess of a film)

It kind of depends... since the movie isn't heavy into shooting (if it has begun principal filming) I wouldn't be TOO concerned yet.

If it were being rewritten while filmed... yeah

guek

Banned

Is this referring to Justice League?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Scripts being rewritten on set is nothing new. Worked for Bayformers and Thor 2, will probably work for Snyder!

Snyder wishes he could make something as brilliant as Thor 2. For that matter, Kubrick, Spielberg, Nolan etc. could only dream of having the ability to make something as life-changing.

Thor 2 is the answer to are we alone in the universe. Thor 2 is inspiring, the peak of cinema. Young directors should watch Thor 2 and just soak it in; learn that they will never be able to put something as wonderful on the big screen.

Ninjimbo

Wong Kar Wai has been rewriting his scripts on set for years and he's churned out like six masterpieces. I don't get why I should worry about a rewrite.

If you were shooting a film, why would you rule out rewrites? If you could think of a better line, why not use it? Filming is an iterative process.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Shooting for a day

*screentest*

SO WHAT DID YOU THINK, WAS IT GOOD DID YOU LIKE IT TELL US!

*rewrite and shoot*

Rinse and repeat.

JL is going to be the perfect movie you guys, that is why it's scheduled for awards season
Razzies!

Ninjimbo

As was Iron Man. Basically they winged it daily.
You can tell in some of the scenes too. When Bridges offers RDJ a slice of pizza after an argument? No way was that shit on the script. It had to have been as-libbed and the scene is better for it.

Penguin

Is that true?

I guess it's not a harbinger of death that I assumed it was.

It's news until it's not

A lot of things the geek blog-o-sphere reports on... is kind of common for movies, but fans don't know what to make of it... so always run it as a negative.

Rewrites
Reshoots
Keeping a writer's name on a script who is no longer with the project

Senoculum

Is that true?

The last two Bond films, Pacific Rim, Edge of Tomorrow, Guardians of the Galaxy. Almost every blockbuster has tweaks, updates, and changes while on set. Your actors are going to ad-lib, your locations won't fall through, things change on the fly! Plus, you're gonna get sweet advice from other industry regulars and filmmakers.

I'm an editor, and I'd be the first to tell you the script is never finished until I'm done with it. That's why we re-record lines during post (sometimes because the set was too loud, or because we need to add another detail). In fact, we have the power to re-arrange scenes, so it becomes structurally different than the original screenplay.

Let's take Interstellar, the intro of the movie; there were clips of seniors talking about this sci-fi world. It wasn't anywhere in the production draft (because these clips would be used as part of the museum at the end of the film); but I'm positive the editor said, "hey, let's open our world with the purview of these individuals."

Movie making is entirely an iterative process.

gamz

Is that true?

It's true. Unless Paltrow has reason to lie about it?

http://www.thewrap.com/gwyneth-palt...issing-script-brad-pitt-ben-affleck-breakups/

“On ‘Iron Man’ one, there was literally no script,” Paltrow said of Marvel’s flagship film. “We would come in, and we would rehearse, and you get sides, the lines for the scene, and [Robert Downey Jr.] would be like, ‘This is garbage,’ and rip it and throw it away.”
In Downey’s defense, Paltrow said “the writers know, when they work with Robert, it’s part of his process. Even if Robert wrote the scene the night before he’s like, ‘This is shit’ … it’s fun. It’s really fun.”

Not really, LoTR was getting daily rewrites and it worked out fine.

The speech he gives Supes at the end of tAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phWcmwlpjQo

I was thinking of something more along these lines:

wTftUkn.jpg

As opposed to probably the weakest Darkseid since the character got rescued from Jobber's Hell

guek

Banned
tbh, Granny Goodness could be fuckin terrifying. Like, I'm having flash backs to the hell scenes in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

Vyer

This might be good news:

DC Entertainment Promotes Animation Vet Dan Evans To VP Creative Affairs

Just over a year after joining from Marvel Studios, Dan Evans has a new job and enlarged portfolio with DC Entertainment. After overseeing the Warner Bros owned comic giant’s TV slate of Arrow, Gotham, Supergirl, Lucifer and more as Creative Director, Evans has been promoted to VP, Creative Affairs.

In his new gig, the ex-Nickelodeon Animation exec will now handle and review creative content for all DC media that are in production with WB, including TV, film, animation and games. Evan’s focus is to ensure that the use of the DC characters and their stories stay true to the core values of the franchises, the company says.

That role sounds like the exact same as Geoff Johns current role as CCO. Could mean anything, maybe less on Geoff's plate and he goes back to just writing comics, or it could mean he's going to be more involved in the movie.

edit: oh derp, read the article, he reports to johns. I'm guessing Johns will have more of a role in the movies now.

So did The Hobbit did it not? The lead cause of those things being all over the place. I guess the extent of re-writes is what would be more telling.

There was still a difference though, Jackson had 3 years of pre-production for LoTR, but Zero for The Hobbit, which was why everything was so heavily CG and not Big-atures like in Lotr

There was still a difference though, Jackson had 3 years of pre-production for LoTR, but Zero for The Hobbit, which was why everything was so heavily CG and not Big-atures like in Lotr

Yeah, that one behind the scenes thing is rather depressing to see how the Hobbit just spun out of control on Jackson and company.

Well, the best thing i can say about Stentz's Super hero writing is he didn't fuck up Thor, when Thor was so incredibly easy to fuck up.

Also, the Charisma needed to pull off Booster is ultra high, Tom Cruise or The Rock high

Well, the best thing i can say about Stentz's Super hero writing is he didn't fuck up Thor, when Thor was so incredibly easy to fuck up.

But he did fuck up Thor.

Both Thor movies were terrible.

Although I do expect that Booster will be a better fit for him, judging by the strengths that did exist in those two.

But he did fuck up Thor.

Both Thor movies were terrible.

Although I do expect that Booster will be a better fit for him, judging by the strengths that did exist in those two.

Thor 1 was mediocre, Thor 2 which he didn't write , but was written by same people who wrote Winter Soldier and Civil War, is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom