• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Bale's Batman, but this DCU Batman looks incredible. I love how this is basically brutal Arkham Batman in live action
rJjn1HW.gif

Effect

I am siurprised that Warner Bros still hasn't put the trailer up on their youtube account.

Anyway I guess the BvS thread is closing down now? It had a good run.

So hyped after these latest trailer. That Arkham game combat!

It should be assumed that screenings should be happening now right? If so if things were going to be bad we should have been or should be hearing negative noise by now right? Even just whispers?

It's baffling that they've shown far more Batman, and Bruce, than they have Clark. We never got to meet Synder's Clark Kent in Man of Steel and we've still yet to see how Cavill portrays him.

If we go off what Snyder has said, the beginning of the movie is mostly Batman, and just about every scene we've seen is in the first or second act. I'm guessing Superman won't be throwing down with anyone until the Batman fight & Doomsday. Otherwise he'll probably have a rescue montage and some quiet scenes.

I liked Bale's Batman, but this DCU Batman looks incredible. I love how this is basically brutal Arkham Batman in live action

I was hesitant about Arkham Batman working in live action, but it does. It really does.

I can see the fight sped up for the trailer, or with pauses to highlight the details of Batman tossing gun disabling darts in between moves. Love that he isn't wasting time or moves. Every action with purpose.

strafer

What gets me the most is the hate Snyder gets, they all act like he's the worst director in the world or something.

He's not.

If they really think that they seriously need to watch more movies.

BadAss2961

What gets me the most is the hate Snyder gets, they all act like he's the worst director in the world or something.

He's not.

What always get me is that with all the mediocre writing, pacing, acting, and even action that plagues most superhero films, where do people get off setting such high standards for Snyder? It's not like anyone else is doing anything special. Chris Nolan is the only great filmmaker to work this genre recently, and even his Batman, while great, left a lot to be desired for fans who follow more than the movies.

He's not.

meh, we're on a video game forum. The scale is from 8 (ok) to 10 (good).

CUBeOsJUAAE6XIH.jpg

Effect

Hmm, so both Warner Bros and Snyder has not yet tweeted out the trailer, that's really weird, they usually do that.

https://twitter.com/wbpictures

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder

And they still haven't uploaded it on their youtube channel.

Really wonder what is going on.

It was a nice surprise that the OT thread for the trailer started off well. That could be because the usual suspects weren't online earlier today and simply weren't able to post. They are now and it's back to "normal". Thankfully to late though. To many positive opinions out there now.

Haven't watched the trailer yet because I'm watching Deadpool tonight and I'm assuming it's going to play there and I really want to watch it for the first time on the big screen. I'm also staying away from most sites to avoid spoilers. Wish me luck DC Gaf!

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Aaand it's all shit now. This movie could be the greatest fucking thing ever made and people would still hate it. I really don't understand, how can you willingly choose to NOT like something before even seeing the damn thing? Does it make them happy? This is so weird to me.

Nothing wrong with the rumor of mixed reaction. It's not the first of mixed reaction rumors. No need to be defensive about that. But what's weird is treating the guy's conjecture as part of the rumor when it has no base.

meh, we're on a video game forum. The scale is from 8 (ok) to 10 (good).

CUBeOsJUAAE6XIH.jpg

I still argue the scale is a result of the education system. I was rated on a 7-10 scale all of my life. 70-80 we're the kids barely getting by, 80-90 were the kids who sorta had their stuff together, and 90-10 were kids who had their stuff together.

I know it's a shitty scale, but something being a 74 means it was close to failure.

Different discussion for a different topic I suppose.

Verendus

Banned
I am siurprised that Warner Bros still hasn't put the trailer up on their youtube account.

Anyway I guess the BvS thread is closing down now? It had a good run.

So hyped after these latest trailer. That Arkham game combat!

It should be assumed that screenings should be happening now right? If so if things were going to be bad we should have been or should be hearing negative noise by now right? Even just whispers?
Screenings have been going on for a while, but that would depend on what you mean too. The first executives screening was a while back, and there was another private thing this month. Screenings where you have a focused audience won't necessarily always lead to whispers because they have to sign a lot of paperwork, and it would be to their detriment to start doing so. Those folks aren't always going online either since there tends to be a spread in terms of demographics. Having said that, hasn't there been leaks? I'm pretty sure I've heard you guys talking about that. That counts as whispers, unless they weren't true, then I guess it doesn't.

I imagine you don't start hearing anything until a week before its release since there are early theater viewings then, and they will consist of a lot of fans who got that opportunity.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Lex kidnaps Ma Kent to hold leverage over Superman. I can see it as Lex's men heading to Smallville and ambushing her, at what appears to be a diner where she works.

Oww yeah I remember that one, but also
Lois getting kidnapped. So maybe the both of them? Superman not being able to save the both of them and needings Batmans help? Amy Adams did say she had a scene with Batman...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Not questioning Drew's sources, but what gets me is the timing. Right the same day a new trailer dropped and is getting positive buzz.

Though the fact that neither Snyder nor WB has posted this trailer IS weird.

bryanee

Man that thread. People are so ready to latch onto any old rumour to reaffirm their belief that the movie will suck. The internet is weird some times.

ryan299

Screenings have been going on for a while, but that would depend on what you mean too. The first executives screening was a while back, and there was another private thing this month. Screenings where you have a focused audience won't necessarily always lead to whispers because they have to sign a lot of paperwork, and it would be to their detriment to start doing so. Those folks aren't always going online either since there tends to be a spread in terms of demographics. Having said that, hasn't there been leaks? I'm pretty sure I've heard you guys talking about that. That counts as whispers, unless they weren't true, then I guess it doesn't.

I imagine you don't start hearing anything until a week before its release since there are early theater viewings then, and they will consist of a lot of fans who got that opportunity.

There were reports of test screenings last month, on top of that we have that report from late last year where the film got a standing ovation from the WB execs.

IMO if they're have mixed reactions to the films, they don't do a full tv special about the Justice League and hype every movie. Especially the later ones, seeing as those can easy change.

Obviously if the movie bombs and does under a billion, their plans are going to change.

Verendus

Banned
There were reports of test screenings last month, on top of that we have that report from late last year where the film got a standing ovation from the WB execs.

IMO if they're have mixed reactions to the films, they don't do a full tv special about the Justice League and hype every movie. Especially the later ones, seeing as those can easy change.

Obviously if the movie bombs and does under a billion, their plans are going to change.
Personally, I don't think they're having mixed reactions. I'm pretty sure they're feeling confident.

Boke1879

Part of me just wants the movie to be out so all this guessing can be over and move on.

Just over a month. Honestly as I've said before. Your average consumer doesn't care about any of that shit. They'll see this new trailer and base their decision off that. It's a good trailer. People have already made up their minds if they want to see this movie or not.

I believe it'll draw out a big crowd for obvious reasons. This movie is literally just a set up for everything else. SS will be out later this year and then we move on to WW, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League movie etc..

I don't know where these rumors are coming from or even if they are real, but it's funny people are willing to latch on to a rumor as fact simply to reinforce their opinion.

IconGrist

You probably guessed right.

Well I just came from that thread. Eesh. Talk about extremist opinions on both sides. There was like 4 rational posters.

Still need to watch that video but that guy always came off a little over the top. Like he genuinely believes he has single handedly effected major studio decisions wit his work. I don't doubt what he's heard, I doubt it's severity.

kmfdmpig

Great trailer. That led to about 3 hours of goodwill before McWeeny/McWeezy decided to play fantasy studio owner.

Oh well. I can't imagine that Batman scene, that Wonder Woman, and some of the cool things we've seen leading to a terrible movie. Based on what I've seen the floor for this is average, while the ceiling is still high.

I hope that a lot of crow can be served around 3/27, but who knows. Maybe the hate is not just here, maybe the majority out in the real world look at the trailer and think it's too grim dark. I don't think that's the case (I'd bet it makes about .9-1.3 billion worldwide), but I guess we'll find out.

guek

Banned
Well, the trailer thread went to shit.

It started out so great.
It really did! I don't buy the narrative that McWeeny is just a hater or a Marvel fanboy spreading FUD to undermine the hype of a great trailer but if he were, things certainly went according to plan.

Error

He is not a Marvel fan, but he takes pride in his scoops fucking up movies hard. Wasn't his scoop of JJ Abrams' Superman flick that basically got the film shitcanned?

It really did! I don't buy the narrative that McWeeny is just a hater or a Marvel fanboy spreading FUD to undermine the hype of a great trailer but if he were, things certainly went according to plan.

I'm inclined to agree. Never heard the guy, but if Bobby Roberts vouches for him, that works for me.

I can believe that WB execs are unsure about this, but that doesn't really mean much, y'know? How many good things have executive meddling and focus group testing destroyed, do you think?

The news is valid, the conclusions being lept to off of it are premature, IMO.

IconGrist

I think where the issue of his intentions comes from is that nothing of the sort had come from any insiders up until now. Everything we've heard said the movie was great. That Affleck, Eisenberg and even Gadot were going to shut people up.

Now, one guy says he heard from other people (and unless I'm wrong he gave no number) that the movie isn't being well received. Even for the most skeptical that should come off as a tough pill to swallow. And as I said before, I'm not doubting what he's heard. I do question who he heard it from and if he is accurately retelling those opinions.

BadAss2961

How did INST get banned? I'm assuming it was in that thread about that BvS article/video? Haven't been in there yet.
Today started out so well with the trailer. McWeeny opens his mouth and blood is split... I don't know why, but I was surprised that someone actually made a thread about it considering how vague it was. lol

Anyway, the good news is that only the hardcore internet fans have to deal with this. Your average moviegoer hears about the trailer, sees this dope Batman and gets stoked.

Error

Even if Bobby vouches for him it's not like he is infallible. The no jokes policy article will always weight on him, no matter how he spins it as "hey things evolve and change" now, the fact is that when he wrote that article he was pretty damn sure that these movies will not feature any joke and even came up with a click-bait title "Why DC films being serious might give the edge to Marvel" iirc.

Now this "Batman v Superman: DOJ puts the entire DC slate in jeopardy" article, tell me that isn't click-bait title? The timing is just suspect, again not saying the dude is wrong but the whole "yeah, the trailer was amazing but that's not the film you are getting" narrative as absolute rubs me the wrong way.

IconGrist

I don't know. Having now gone through the video he was so vague with what he said and he covered it with so much "here's what I expect to happen". I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom