• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Wonder Woman (two weeks before/after):
June 9 - The Mummy, World War Z 2
June 16 - Kingsman 2
June 23 - Wonder Woman
June 30 - Despicable Me 3, Uncharted
July 7 - Spider-Man

Justice League (same window):
November 3 - Thor
November 10 - Nothing of note
November 17 - JL, Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Nothing of note until Episode 8 on December 15

I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman gets move up. If BvS pulls in huge numbers moving Wonder Woman to March might be better. Wolverine 2 hits at the very beginning of March. Put it two weeks after it and it would have a few weeks before Fast and Furious 8 dropped in the middle of April. Being booked ended by Kingsman 2 and Spider-Man with them being so close is going to hurt. Wonder Woman might be better off with more breathing room. Moving it to July or August puts it to close to Justice League.

WB is already looking at months outside of the summer. Before and after to avoid the crowd. It should keep doing that and maybe keep it's films out of the summer. It's being proven more and more you don't need to keep your film in those summer months to pull in huge amounts of money.

I'm really curious as to see how this summer turns out with so many big films releasing right on top of each other in the summer.

Effect

Thought people would like to know they started casting calls for Amazons for the film.

http://dccomicsmovie.com/wonder-woman-is-casting-amazons-in-matera-italy/

It seems the the description for the roles is this. I made the below words bold. Thought those stood out as positives with this casting call.

Seeking women aged between 18 and 60 years old, slender, natural,elegant, of different ethnicities, with a height of at least 174 centimeters. It is preferable that you submit to casting women dressed in tight-fitting clothes, likeleggings and top, to evaluate whether they can play the role required.

Here is the original source.

http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-s...nder-woman-casting-per-amazzoni-da-blu-video/

strafer

Guess this is my new home.

JmVT3ci.gif

Loxley

Might as well put this in here too:

f6O9pZv.gif

God that last punch that buries the dude's head into the floor is fucking glorious.

GeeTeeCee

That fight scene now has me wishing the solo Batman film could include some sort of Dredd/The Raid style scenario. It would be glorious.

Loxley

That fight scene now has me wishing the solo Batman film could include some sort of Dredd/The Raid style scenario. It would be glorious.

The funny thing is that's more or less what Arkham Asylum is - Batman fighting his way through a single location with a seemingly infinite number of bad guys.

GeeTeeCee

The funny thing is that's more or less what Arkham Asylum is - Batman fighting his way through a single location with a seemingly infinite number of bad guys.

Yep, I'd happily take an Arkham Asylum film too, though I suspect WB would never allow so many villains to appear in one film, and you really need a decent amount to make it work.

Ashhong

The latest trailer really seemed to show off the Snyder style that I think was missing in Man of Steel. Some of the shots, like the gun being shot, Lois falling, really feel like Snyder. Love it

Wonder Woman and Deadpool star in a movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNfRQ4NBjUU

Everyone in that has been in a DC or Marvel movie.

-Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Deadpool) and was Green Lantern (Green Lantern)
-Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman (Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman, Justice League)
-Kevin Costner was Jonathan Kent (Man of Steel)
-Gary Oldman was Commissioner James Gordon (Dark Knight trilogy)
-Tommy Lee Jones was Two-Face (Batman Forever) and Colonel Chester Phillips (Captain America: The First Avenger)

strafer

-Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Deadpool)
-Tommy Lee Jones was Colonel Chester Phillips (Captain America: The First Avenger)

dont forget Tommy was Two Face :p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The kryptonite in this universe doesn't seem to make Superman weak, just humanizes him? Like a temporary loss of his powers.

-Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Deadpool) and was Green Lantern (Green Lantern)
-Tommy Lee Jones was Two-Face (Batman Forever) and Colonel Chester Phillips (Captain America: The First Avenger)

Lulz

The kryptonite in this universe doesn't seem to make Superman weak, just humanizes him? Like a temporary loss of his powers.

Looks like it's slow acting too. You can see Superman plow him through the buildings, then act surprised when he can block one of his punches on that same rooftop.

I'm cool with that. The kryptonite that always made him instant collapse was bullshit, and then somehow he pulls through even after that.

ryan299

Now Drew at hitfix has jumped on the Faraci train, saying the film isn't good and there's problems. He's also the guy who reported no jokes at all in the DCU.

It's baffling that they've shown far more Batman, and Bruce, than they have Clark. We never got to meet Synder's Clark Kent in Man of Steel and we've still yet to see how Cavill portrays him.

3N16MA

Banned
It's baffling that they've shown far more Batman, and Bruce, than they have Clark. We never got to meet Synder's Clark Kent in Man of Steel and we've still yet to see how Cavill portrays him.

Not really baffling. Batman is being introduced in this universe for the first time. He so happens to be the bigger draw of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom