• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambrez_

tumblr_o18zpzc08R1qeuu9ao6_250.gif

tumblr_o18zpzc08R1qeuu9ao5_250.gif

tumblr_o18zpzc08R1qeuu9ao4_250.gif

Hands.

Really love the casting choices.
Am I the only that is happy about the absence teeth gap of Ray Fisher ?
plus he seems so likeable #borglife

Really love the casting choices.
Am I the only that is happy about the absence teeth gap of Ray Fisher ?
plus he seems so likeable #borglife

Hmmm i'll be honest I could be cynical and point out they're getting paid but I like that Johns, as their liason within DC itself, seems to have got them excited about the characters they will be portraying. He's a busy man, for sure.

I just realized that there was no mention of Shazam last night.

Shazam is New Line and rumored to be "kinda sort connected" to the other DC films. I think Shazam depends entirely on the reception to BvS and SS and how they want to pivot after those two releases.

Penguin

Also this thread finally has a larger purpose... since well not everything from last night falls into BvS

Though I am curious, what do you folks think of Ezra's The Flash haircut?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Also this thread finally has a larger purpose... since well not everything from last night falls into BvS

I thought it was for that Potter spin-off movie?

Personally I'm just glad he got one. It's bad enough he's not blond. I don't think I would be ready for a Justice League with three members with long hair... It would feel more like a rock band. =/

bryanee

I've been buzzing all day because of all the DC stuff today...that was until something inside my TV fucking blew up.

Rooster12

Anyone think we would see a Legion of Superheroes movie anytime soon?

They're like the X-Men of DC (not saying they're mutants or anything, but they have a huge cast of characters who sort of operate in their own world without much interference with the rest of the DCU)

They could introduce Superboy, Supergirl, Lobo that way in a smoother fashion.

Anyone think we would see a Legion of Superheroes movie anytime soon?

They're like the X-Men of DC (not saying they're mutants or anything, but they have a huge cast of characters who sort of operate in their own world without much interference with the rest of the DCU)

They could introduce Superboy, Supergirl, Lobo that way in a smoother fashion.

Nah. Legion of Superheroes is basically Andrew Kreisberg/Greg Berlanti's version of the Justice League. They actually tried to call the show "JLA" but DC didn't let them. By the way, if you haven't heard it already, check out Kreisberg's interview with Kevin Smith. It's really insightful to the creators of the show and is a fun listen.

Personally I think Superboy would fit great in a Teen Titans movie, Supergirl in a Justice League movie, and Lobo could just be thrown in any Superman movie. Hell, I could see an introduction to Lobo in MoS II's opening sequence with Superman fighting him in a sort of "a day in a life" kind of scene similar to beginning of The Dark Knight.

I really don't understand that mentality.

Why can't people just enjoy both?

It's pretty obvious that if there were a flash movie with Grant, it would either be completely divorced from the tv show, or too tied to the tv show and wouldn't work with Justice League.

I like Grant, more than Ezra, but I understand that there'd be confusion if they made these movies. That and the CW drama components belong on TV as a serial format. The story telling style is completely different.

What I see is two attempts at flash, and two properties being great. Even moreso there's tons of potential for crossovers because Flash is THE multiverse DC character. I'd be ecstatic if there were a Superman tv show and movie because I'd get two offerings, two different takes on a character I love.

Penguin

Both can only accept one thing at a time, not sure why, but it's true

Ledger couldn't top Nicholson

Amell should have been the Smallville dude

John Williams' Superman theme should always exist

You can only make comic movies, the Marvel way these days

I'll admit, Geoff Johns describing the film in the same words one describes the TV show, raised a minor concern. Both stem from the New 52; naturally you have parallels. But, say, I don't want The Flash origin film to be about clearing his father's name.

Ahasverus

Guys thinking WB will miss the opportunity of having Ezra and Granr in the same screem with some multiverse shenanningans in any of the mediums is fooling themselves.

I really don't understand that mentality.

Why can't people just enjoy both?

It's pretty obvious that if there were a flash movie with Grant, it would either be completely divorced from the tv show, or too tied to the tv show and wouldn't work with Justice League.

I like Grant, more than Ezra, but I understand that there'd be confusion if they made these movies. That and the CW drama components belong on TV as a serial format. The story telling style is completely different.

What I see is two attempts at flash, and two properties being great. Even moreso there's tons of potential for crossovers because Flash is THE multiverse DC character. I'd be ecstatic if there were a Superman tv show and movie because I'd get two offerings, two different takes on a character I love.

This is how I see it as well. We get two potentially good concurrent incarnations of the same character. If the film is successful and the show doesn't lose its steam, it will be a crazy good time to be a Flash fan. Last decade we'd be lucky just to have a movie. Scratch that, we'd be lucky just to get a cartoon.

These things go in circles.

12036924_1434093276614362_7839043404534588753_n.jpg

I'm willing to bet that at least one of these chuckleheads is now defending Grant and shitting on Ezra. If it wasn't pathetic, it would be amazing.

ReiGun

This is how I see it as well. We get two potentially good concurrent incarnations of the same character. If the film is successful and the show doesn't lose its steam, it will be a crazy good time to be a Flash fan. Last decade we'd be lucky just to have a movie. Scratch that, we'd be lucky just to get a cartoon.

Two decades ago you got a show that lasted one season.

Fans these days don't appreciate shit.

tumblr_nzeckxL5k31rqed5jo1_1280.gif

Found this gif in the SS thread and I really kinda like it. The only bad thing about it is that you only see Rope Guy's comic form for like half a second.

Grant on Ezra

CZSI6r5VAAAeIpS.jpg
Poor Grant, he shouldn't have even bothered to respond to the haters out there. As the Elbert Hubbard quote goes: "Never explain; Your friends do not need it, and your enemies wont believe you anyway". Though he was probably forced to by production so there is that.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Is Jared Leto supposed to replay the Joker on future Batman movies?
Or he signed only to Suicide Squad?

JHall

Is Jared Leto supposed to replay the Joker on future Batman movies?
Or he signed only to Suicide Squad?

He signed a multi picture deal. So I'm assuming yes he'll most likely be in the future Batman movies.

Although, I'm hoping they save him for the second film. I'd like to see a Clayface or Court of Owls detective thriller for the first solo film.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
He signed a multi picture deal. So I'm assuming yes he'll most likely be in the future Batman movies.

Although, I'm hoping they save him for the second film. I'd like to see a Clayface or Court of Owls detective thriller for the first solo film.

Nice. I have high hopes for him as the Joker. Great actor.

guek

Banned

Batman, much like Spider-man, has so many great second stringer villains. They can have a top tier villains like Joker and do other villains like Clay Face, Killer Croc, or Man-Bat justice as secondary antagonists.

That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

Ahasverus

I could picture Leto going for 2 more movies (you know Under The Red Hood is all but confirmed to be the next film) and some Endgame last hurrah, probably adapting some TDKR stuff. I don't think his eyebrows could stand more suffering.

IconGrist

Batman, much like Spider-man, has so many great second stringer villains. They can have a top tier villains like Joker and do other villains like Clay Face, Killer Croc, or Man-Bat justice as secondary antagonists.

That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

I'm holding out for Clay Face and The Ventriloquist/Scarface.

Neoxon

I know I may be late on this, but we're getting a series of Suicide Squad statues.

635890571771501876-SS-Group-Shot-B.jpg

I guess Katana & Killer Croc are gonna live since they were amongst the first 6 statues announced. Kinda lines up with that one image of the 6 I was guessing would survive the movie sans Joker (Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Katana, Killer Croc, Captain Boomerang, & Rick Flag). Though it is interesting that they're actually gonna stick with the full Captain Boomerang name.

ReiGun

I know I may be late on this, but we're getting a series of Suicide Squad statues.

I guess Katana & Killer Croc are gonna live since they were amongst the first 6 statues announced. Kinda lines up with that one image of the 6 I was guessing would survive the movie sans Joker (Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Katana, Killer Croc, Captain Boomerang, & Rick Flag). Though it is interesting that they're actually gonna stick with the full Captain Boomerang name.

#WheresRopeGuy

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
In line with some early speculation, Warner Bros. has just set official release dates for two superhero blockbusters: Wonder Woman and Justice League Part One. First, Wonder Woman will premiere June 23rd, 2017, with Justice League set for a November 17th date later in the same year.

Warner Bros. has already slowly been laying the tracks for its interconnected universe of DC superhero films, which kicked off with Man of Steel in 2013. Two more will soon follow, as Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice is set for a March 25th premiere this year, and Suicide Squad is set for August 5th. Wonder Woman, played by Gal Gadot, will make her first appearance in Batman V. Superman, and several DC heroes will make appearances in Justice League.

This week, ahead of today's announcement, Warner released some early concept art promoting Justice League, and provided a brief video look at Wonder Woman

Source: TheVerge

So, what's the competition?

jey_16

Banned
i still find the November release date for JL odd...i mean i get that with the success of the Hunger Games, Star Wars ect. that you can release films all the way through the year but still, this is the Justice League! Should be getting a primetime summer release....

Source: TheVerge

So, what's the competition?

Wonder Woman (two weeks before/after):
June 9 - The Mummy, World War Z 2
June 16 - Kingsman 2
June 23 - Wonder Woman
June 30 - Despicable Me 3, Uncharted
July 7 - Spider-Man

Justice League (same window):
November 3 - Thor
November 10 - Nothing of note
November 17 - JL, Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Nothing of note until Episode 8 on December 15

Loxley

i still find the November release date for JL odd...i mean i get that with the success of the Hunger Games, Star Wars ect. that you can release films all the way through the year but still, this is the Justice League! Should be getting a primetime summer release....

In summer, your blockbuster will be forgotten in a week or two when the next 46 blockbusters are released, all competing for your audience's attention. November is slightly quieter (at least for the moment) and so WB probably figures that allows for Justice League to get more time in the spotlight than it otherwise would in the crowded summer movie schedule.

Wonder Woman (two weeks before/after):
June 9 - The Mummy, World War Z 2
June 16 - Kingsman 2
June 23 - Wonder Woman
June 30 - Despicable Me 3, Uncharted
July 7 - Spider-Man

Justice League (same window):
November 3 - Thor
November 10 - Nothing of note
November 17 - JL, Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Nothing of note until Episode 8 on December 15

Yep, Justice League will clean house with that window.

These DCEU merch is going to destroy my wallet. Probably going to pick up Joker and Harley. Deadshot, Katana and Boomerang depending on how much I like them in the movie.

Neoxon

These DCEU merch is going to destroy my wallet. Probably going to pick up Joker and Harley. Deadshot, Katana and Boomerang depending on how much I like them in the movie.
Same here, man. Harley, Katana, Deadshot, & Joker are already gunning for my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom