• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokero

so much bullshit surrounding this movie its incredible, I was gonna talk about the video with the guy saying he heard the movie not being well received and yada yada yada, but then I saw the trailer one more time and damn they already got my money what do I care to me this movie looks awesome already and as long as superhero movies make money DC/WB will continue to make superhero movies and as a DC fan that's all I want

BadAss2961

I don't know. Having now gone through the video he was so vague with what he said and he covered it with so much "here's what I expect to happen". I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I'm hearing great things about BvS. I'm hearing Warner Bros is erecting a statue of Zack Snyder outside their headquarters.

Maybe I should start a thread.

Verendus

Banned
I heard Batman rescues Lois Lane.

But then this makes Superman jealous, and he snaps both of their necks at the end of the movie.

Edit:

This is a legit spoiler by the way. He really will snap their necks.

tim1138

guyz I heard WB is so worried about the DC movies they tried to sell them to Marvel and they laughed and said Batman wasn't worthy to hold Groots splinters!

Kidding aside, I'll be glad when this movie is out for two reasons: 1) I'm insanely hyped for it and 2) I'm tired of all the FUD and fanboy pissing contests. Whatever happened to just being able to enjoy something for what it is and not care what giant corporation's name is on it?

Raptor

I heard Batman rescues Lois Lane.

But then this makes Superman jealous, and he snaps both of their necks at the end of the movie.

Edit:

This is a legit spoiler by the way. He really will snap their necks.
WTF!

Supes will kill both Lois and the Bat?

Sounds vicious, I like it!!

:D

3N16MA

Banned
Money solves everything. BvS could be a big smelly turd and WB wouldn't care as long as large cartoon like bags of money keep on filling their underground vault.

Ninjimbo

The trailer got me hyped again. It's too bad that dumb rumor is gaining traction. I should hyped bs as all fuck for this movie since it looks like everything I liked about MoS but with better dialogue and Larry Fong putting in the work to make it feel like genuine Snyder movie.

I'm feeling anxious about the movie's reception and I shouldn't.

guek

Banned
I'm inclined to agree. Never heard the guy, but if Bobby Roberts vouches for him, that works for me.

I can believe that WB execs are unsure about this, but that doesn't really mean much, y'know? How many good things have executive meddling and focus group testing destroyed, do you think?

The news is valid, the conclusions being lept to off of it are premature, IMO.

I think where the issue of his intentions comes from is that nothing of the sort had come from any insiders up until now. Everything we've heard said the movie was great. That Affleck, Eisenberg and even Gadot were going to shut people up.

Now, one guy says he heard from other people (and unless I'm wrong he gave no number) that the movie isn't being well received. Even for the most skeptical that should come off as a tough pill to swallow. And as I said before, I'm not doubting what he's heard. I do question who he heard it from and if he is accurately retelling those opinions.

Yeah, my thoughts echo these. The phrasing is so vague as to avoid getting anyone in trouble, it's hardly damning without the negative predictions he tacked on afterwards. We're living in a golden age of comic book movie goodness and instead the forum is aflame with gossip. That's literally all this is! Gossip!

IconGrist

I don't even know why that thread is still up. The only thing that guy said was that basically some people didn't love the movie. Not even that it was bad, just wasn't loved. How the hell that got turned into "DC is rethinking their entire movie slate" and then having that phrase be the one that drives the thread is just sad. There were so many users who came in and were like "haha told you!" and left. They didn't watch the video and realize that part wasn't based on anything substantial.

It was the worst form of click-bait used to attract people who will read the header and nothing more.

Maddocks

The key, never believe anything unless a top official is actually commenting on it.

Sounds like some intern overhead a guy saying,"Where would you take it?" and figured he meant the whole dc universe movie slate when he was talking about where to take his car in for repairs.

IconGrist

I wanted to post this here and ended up posting it in the rumor thread

Grace has really turned around on this movie. Before the CC trailer she would complain about every little thing. I remember when the first WW image hit she went off about the hair and how it was shampooed or something. Now she can't stop smiling when she sees something new.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The scene where the Batmobile bounces off Superman is so much better now that we see Batman's reaction to having, possibly, encounter Superman for the first time. Ben Affleck sells that, at that moment, Batman got legit scared.

In the tv spot that scene was edited so bad, the quick cut to Batman face before crashing into Superman adds a lot to that scene.

Just rewatching the trailer. Two most curious shots was Lois underwater being pushed by an explosion, and Clark's Mom being surprised and dropping her coffee in what looks like a public place.

Curious what surprised her so much.
Wasn't one of the rumors that Clarks powers go haywire at the senate building? I could see that surprising her, seeing it on the news.

No idea about Lois, curious if Luthor kidnaps her instead of Superman's mom, as was reported earlier by Faraci.

3N16MA

Banned
2ecqUnI.jpg

Luthor figs are going to be amazing because they look so bad.

Platy

Rewatched Man of Steel. Impressive how every type of characterization of that movie vanishes after 1 hour. Guess WHAT scene is at almost exactly 1 hour mark ? YUP ! The
tornado
one =P

Also interesting how Clark has his own Knightmare on Man of Steel ... I wonder if "nightmare sequence" is DC's "post credits scene with Nick Fury" =P

BadAss2961

Just rewatching the trailer. Two most curious shots was Lois underwater being pushed by an explosion, and Clark's Mom being surprised and dropping her coffee in what looks like a public place.

Curious what surprised her so much.
Wasn't one of the rumors that Clarks powers go haywire at the senate building? I could see that surprising her, seeing it on the news.

No idea about Lois, curious if Luthor kidnaps her instead of Superman's mom, as was reported earlier by Faraci.
On the TV - Holy shit, Doomsday just killed Superman!

bNliMvH.gif

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I've been watching the Youtube impressions for this trailer and it's overwhelmingly positive, really wonder what happened with that second trailer released in December. Could make for an interesting story.

3N16MA

Banned
I've been watching the Youtube impressions for this trailer and it's overwhelmingly positive, really wonder what happened with that second trailer released in December. Could make for an interesting story.

Some felt that the editing of the last trailer was kind of odd and including Doomsday was giving away too much. This focused on Batman who is quickly looking like he is going to steal the show.

Who am I kidding? We always knew Supes stood no chance.

Some felt that the editing of the last trailer was kind of odd and including Doomsday was giving away too much. This focused on Batman who is quickly looking like he is going to steal the show.

Who am I kidding? We always knew Supes stood no chance.

Speaking of which, I still follow the trailer guy that got some fame last year for posting early trailers and descriptions, he said the Doomsday part was always a late addition to that trailer and Batman blocking Superman's punch from today was supposed to be the closing shot of the December trailer.

I really think marketing got tired of people asking why Batman and Superman were fighting and pulled the trigger on Doomsday for no reason. At this point, they could have easily made it to release day without showing Doomsday once.

3N16MA

Banned
Speaking of which, I still follow the trailer guy that got some fame last year for posting early trailers and descriptions, he said the Doomsday part was always a late addition to that trailer and Batman blocking Superman's punch from today was supposed to be the closing shot of the December trailer.

I really think marketing got tired of people asking why Batman and Superman were fighting and pulled the trigger on Doomsday for no reason. At this point, they could have easily made it to release day without showing Doomsday once.

They could have done that. I already heard the rumors of Doomsday so the reveal wasn't a big surprise to me but a bunch of people thought that it was too much.

I think they could have revealed Doomsday but stay away from showing Batman/Superman joining forces. We know it's going to happen but it helps to keep the animosity between them.

These are the rest of the figures from the line:

They run $45-$50 ($45 for that Lex figure?). Yes, Lex comes with a bald head.

BadAss2961

I'm glad they revealed Doomsday when they did. He's a tough pill for some to swallow. It always come down to the execution, but now people will come in expecting it rather than having that knee jerk reaction that might tune them out for awhile.

Odoul

These rumors about the DC lineup being cancelled really bummed me out.

Even if it turns out to be Bull it still kind of takes something away from just being entertained/a fan.

I don't have stocks in these companies, I could give a rats ass about rich executives getting richer.

But now instead of anticapating and walking out of this flick wondering how the next one will raise the stakes, a little nugget is in the back of my mind if we'll even get another one/whether they'll be a wild swing in vision.

This kinda bullshit that slowly but surely sapped a ton of my excitement/love of videogames and following them.

3N16MA

Banned

Even if it turns out to be Bull it still kind of takes something away from just being entertained/a fan.

I don't have stocks in these companies, I could give a rats ass about rich executives getting richer.

But now instead of anticapating and walking out of this flick wondering how the next one will raise the stakes, a little nugget is in the back of my mind if we'll even get another one/whether they'll be a wild swing in vision.

This kinda bullshit that slowly but surely sapped a ton of my excitement/love of videogames and following them.

I can't see any drastic change being made unless BvS is a disappointment at the BO. The likely scenario is that it does well and everything goes as planned. Perhaps a change in the release schedule of future films but that is not really a shocker if it happens.

Who is making them?

DC Collectibles.

I guess me making a post about those DC Collectibles figures as the last post of a page was a bad idea, huh?

Anyway, I wish they were cheaper, and out sooner. They start coming out in September, apparently.

3N16MA

Banned
I guess me making a post about those DC Collectibles figures as the last post of a page was a bad idea, huh?

Anyway, I wish they were cheaper, and out sooner. They start coming out in September, apparently.

Last post gets ignored.

I agree on the price. Seems steep for some of those sculpts.

I agree on the price. Seems steep for some of those sculpts.

Yeah, some of them just look weird. Superman and Lex especially.

Most DC Collectibles figures are around $20-$25, and are very similar in size, poseability, and detail to these. Not sure what the deal is with these being twice the price.

3N16MA

Banned
Yeah, some of them just look weird. Superman and Lex especially.

Most DC Collectibles figures are around $20-$25, and are very similar in size, poseability, and detail to these. Not sure what the deal is with these being twice the price.

I'm guessing it is the accessories such as extra hands and different heads.

I think what I most liked about the Batman infiltration scene is, that it was mostly practical effects.

What a fucking savage, kudos to the stuntman and choreographer.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Don't let it bother you. This movie will be ultra successful and I think there's a good chance SS will over perform expectations. The future is bright.

ryan299

So is the armored fight the only fight between the two? The batmobile is just an encounter and is the first. It's possible that they fight in the dream sequence, but we've only seen Batman fighting the soldiers.

Don't worry too much. If it's good the lineup won't be cancelled and you will be hype for the next movie. If it sucks, you will hope that it will be reboot.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just cross posting this here from the trailer thread

Greg Miller and Nick Scarpino break down the trailer... point out some interesting stuff

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/batman-v-superman-final-trailer-things-you-missed/2300-6429483/

He has a nice freeze frame of when Batman enters the room with the grapple and you can see him throwing these red LED devices onto the thugs guns. Then later in the trailer he's in the rafters and uses his left hand to press a button on a device which sets off the gadgets and the devices throw off sparks and disable all the guns, which then allows him to jump down and fucking WRECK those guys. God I can't wait to see this scene play out in full

GeeTeeCee

Just cross posting this here from the trailer thread

Whoever it was who must have decided to sit down and play the Arkham games and use the fight choreography for inspiration deserves a medal. It's just too similar to be anything other than intentional. I love it. Arkham combat is peak Batman.

Pachimari

To me, this latest Batman v Superman trailer was perfect. And I am rather surprised, as I didn't Man of Steel and haven't liked a Zack Snyder film yet, but this trailer just does it. It have gone up to be my most anticipated movie of the years, and I see myself as a Marvel fan.

I think trailer 2 did it's job well. It was cut for the TFA audience, and I think it's apparent this one was cut for Deadpool's audience. Will laugh if the second trailer was all the jokes in the entire movie :p.

On the TV - Holy shit, Doomsday just killed Superman!

bNliMvH.gif

I didn't notice it but the entire cafe is turning their heads too. So it must be something that can affect everyone. Could even just be Supes & Zod fighting from the first movie.

The rumor part was only that the WB executives weren't impressed with how the test screenings were going. The line up changes are just McWeeny's speculation on how Warner would react if BvS doesn't meet their expectations. Faraci reported something similiar a couple of days ago, Umberto is contradicting them both. So who knows. Prior to this point they seemed to be confident in the movie and everyone that's "viewed" it had nothing but praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom