• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOW the fuck do you get in those screenings ?

And WHY the FUCK is it STILL TWO WEEKS LATER IN GERMANY ?

Yo, what the actual shit fuck? I just tried to look up the Austria date (in foolish hope, since we´re a smaller market than Germany, and basically tied to it for releaes) and it´s the same date.

2 WEEKS! My hype is like completely gone. I don´t even know how Marvel Fans can make it through the 1 week later release in the US compared to the EU, but 2 weeks?

Fuck me.
Pictures from the exhibit look cool though.... :(

man-of-steel.jpg
This symbol means hope.

I just realized that if Lex created those symbols for the other Heros, don't they lose all meaning?
It's gonna be weird watching the Heros with them now

Huh, never thought about that.

I guess Batman and Superman are safe, since Superman just appeard outta nowhere with the symbol on and Batman started when Lex was probably still a baby.

Wonder Woman too, since she´s like hundreds or thousands (don´t know) years old. Maybe he had more footage of Aquaman that we didn´t see in the movie, so he could be safe too.

Would leave The Flash and Cyborg though.

I just realized that if Lex created those symbols for the other Heros, don't they lose all meaning?

Can Lex sue Flash when he starts using his logo? I think we can all agree that whole email/video bit was ridiculous.

the trailer for Powerless apparently was out and then taken down. Anyone got a mirror?

You dodged a bullet. Looks terrible. Wonder what Marvel will do with their Damage Control series now.

MisterHero

Aquaman and Wonder Woman already have their names; Wondy's because she was active years ago, and Aquaman's is abbreviated in the video file.

Flash is called Red Streak, even though the video is black and white, and without his costume. :p

Who cares if Lex designed Cyborg's logo. He could've stolen it from STAR Labs too. :p

Aquaman and Wonder Woman already have their names; Wondy's because she was active years ago, and Aquaman's is abbreviated in the video file.

Flash is called Red Streak, even though the video is black and white, and without his costume. :p

Who cares if Lex designed Cyborg's logo. He could've stolen it from STAR Labs too. :p

I'm referring to their Emblems (mostly Flash and Aquaman). The names don't matter much, everybody knows these guys.

I really disliked that scene because it was just too ridiculous, should've just been videos, but Lex got way too creative.

Actually, Just needed that Wonder Women picture, the rest was unnecessary.

Edit: Flash better be awesome, hes the one hero I've been looking forward too.

Aquaman's is his own; it's on his belt already. Wondy's dates from at least WWI :p

Flash and Cyborg you might have a point, though, depending on whether or not Lex created the symbols or borrowed them from somewhere.

MisterHero

I'm referring to their Emblems (mostly Flash and Aquaman). The names don't matter much, everybody knows these guys.

I really disliked that scene because it was just too ridiculous, should've just been videos, but Lex got way too creative.

Actually, Just needed that Wonder Women picture, the rest was unnecessary.

Edit: Flash better be awesome, hes the one hero I've been looking forward too.
Well yeah, I was saying if their hero names are known, then their emblems are probably out there too.

Tbh the Wondy folder should've been a bunch of WWE gifs

He should be a funny/cocky hal jordan if he plays anybody in this universe

But I don't think anybody with clout wants to touch that poison role again unless an interesting writer or director pulls them in
I'd be down for this. Haven't seen The Nice Guys yet but it looks hilarious, and he's getting nothing but praise. He could make jobber Hal the GOAT CBM comic relief.

Him being cast would also make me actually interested in a GL Corps film.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Just got back from The Nice Guys, you guys were right. Fucking loved it and Gosling was fantastic, it was just amazing. See it and tell your friends to do so as well. I will be pretty sad if we don't get a sequel because this one won't make a lot of money.

I'll say, it's a bummer when good actors are wasted in certain roles with how often they're one and done. To stay away from Marvel examples, in BvS
Scoots, Tao, and Holly Hunter all got wiped out in the same scene.
Worst is Deebo not reprising his role in TDKRises.

Kibbles

Some non spoiler SS impressions:
Joker and Harley were fantastic
Completely sold on Leto as Joker, said he was absolutely terrifying
Margot is funny and tragic
Will smith is typical Will smith but it's not a bad thing according to him
The whole team is badass, they all get their character moments
He said Batman's scenes were his favorite
The only negative thing he said was Enchantress/Cara delevigne

How does one get into early screenings in the Milwaukee area? :3

Cheebo

Banned
Well looks like Michael Keaton is back in the super hero genre, Deadline says the deal is locked for him to be in the MCU Spider-Man film. Interesting semi-DC related bit of news there.

It's a little funny people are worried about casting, when I'm more worried about Directors.
DC just got Ben to do a movie, I wanna see what he does cause I feel he won't have much restrictions from WB.

I bet WB is sitting on casting announcements for JL. They're shooting on the sound stage and don't need to disclose casting announcements because nobody is in danger of being spotted yet.

Okay, so, Rebirth is looking like it's gonna be... uh, kind of a Big Fucking Thing, and there's spoilers out there, so things might get a little bit nuts.

Boke1879

Okay, so, Rebirth is looking like it's gonna be... uh, kind of a Big Fucking Thing, and there's spoilers out there, so things might get a little bit nuts.

PM me please. Tell me about it.

Something that I've been thinking about. The Flash scene in BvS when he appears before Bruce. He says "you were always right about him." "Lois is the key." etc.

Do you think we'll get a storyline of a truly evil Superman? I'm conflicted because I don't think DC will want to go with that since this Superman is already divisive.

I bet WB is sitting on casting announcements for JL. They're shooting on the sound stage and don't need to disclose casting announcements because nobody is in danger of being spotted yet.

I actually hated the sound stage filming instead of on Location, but then I recall Batman Begins filming in a huge stage, so maybe it will be good.

Also When is a teaser for Wonder Women happening? any clues?

PM me please. Tell me about it.

Something that I've been thinking about. The Flash scene in BvS when he appears before Bruce. He says "you were always right about him." "Lois is the key." etc.

Do you think we'll get a storyline of a truly evil Superman? I'm conflicted because I don't think DC will want to go with that since this Superman is already divisive.

This is why I'm thinking "no." Maybe if we'd started out with a generally lighter take on things, they would've been more open to heading in a Crime Syndicate sort of direction, but as is this Superman is already pretty clearly morally ambiguous, or he's handled as such. It doesn't really make sense to bring in a cackling monster Superman to contrast with a generally heroic but still often troubled Superman.

Boke1879

This is why I'm thinking "no." Maybe if we'd started out with a generally lighter take on things, they would've been more open to heading in a Crime Syndicate sort of direction, but as is this Superman is already pretty clearly morally ambiguous, or he's handled as such. It doesn't really make sense to bring in a cackling monster Superman to contrast with a generally heroic but still often troubled Superman.

Which in my opinion makes that scene even more out of place now.

Fuckkkkkkkkk y'all getting too hot and heavy with the DC Rebirth spoiler petting.

Gonna have to nope out of here till wendsday too. Way too tempted to read em and my mind is already racing with the clues y'all dropping.

Edit* So I read most of my comics through trades and hardcovers, what's the best place online to get a copy of Rebirth by Wednesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom