• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vy1H3bJ.gif

Best part of the fight.

Kibbles

More Suicide Squad impressions :3
Christine Guaio
‏@chribs001
So last night, I watched an early screening of #SuicideSquad. 2 words, HARLEY QUINN. She's crazy good.

Christine Guaio ‏@chribs001 4h4 hours ago
@opwnusprime he's pretty scary but good. *Leto's Joker*

DanielR ‏@DanielRPK 3h3 hours ago
Suicide Squad was amazing. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

There's still hope for the DCEU!

All thanks to @DavidAyerMovies

Why isn't this guy directing Justice League?

DanielR
‏@DanielRPK
Also, Batman has as much screen time in Suicide Squad as Spider-Man had in Civil War. Much more than I was expecting.

Alexis Harrold
‏@AllRealLex
@xI_Ace_xI Was super amazing! Did the character really well. (reply to how Jared Leto did).

Kibbles

Hmm, that last one is interesting, if not unexpected.

Any big names posting impressions, or is it mostly randos?

Rando lucky bastards. Nobody knew they were seeing a screening for Suicide Squad until they announced it at the test screening itself at Century 25 in Union City. One of them said something about the CG not being finished.

Rando lucky bastards. Nobody knew they were seeing a screening for Suicide Squad until they announced it at the test screening itself at Century 25 in Union City. One of them said something about the CG not being finished.

Supposedly, studios/theaters do a sweep to eliminate press members from screenings.

Yeah, figured. Still would've been nice to hear from some more visible names.

The movie was pretty clear that Superman terrifies him. I don't think Batman realized the Kryptonite would wear off so quickly considering how goddamn arrogant he was being when he first hit Supes with it.

I wish they recreated this panel during their first confrontation,

nTaWbx0l.jpg

That entire fight is one sided and Superman feigning a punch shakes Bruce to his core.

Superman going evil would make zero sense with that BvS ending. He is basically Jesus who died for our sins. He will not be a evil and WB really shouldn't go that route.

Don't get yourselves hyped about Suicide Squad please.

Ashhong

Fuuuuu I had an invite to a local screening for an unnamed WB movie this week but didn't go. If that was SS I'm going to be pissed!

Kibbles

Superman going evil would make zero sense with that BvS ending. He is basically Jesus who died for our sins. He will not be a evil and WB really shouldn't go that route.

Don't get yourselves hyped about Suicide Squad please.

Too late, I've been hyped for a year and a half. Pretty much since the casting was announced. Margot Robbie and Jared Leto? slay me David Ayer.

Kibbles

Some people say Jared's Joker is scary, and this one says very funny too.

"@AllRealLex 4m4 minutes ago
@BrunaMelani @gianoni_jarod Yes he was amazing and very funny! #JaredLeto was a perfect Joker."

Nice, nice.

On Harley and Joker: (same person as above) "They were fantastic together! The chemistry was off the charts!"

thedirtyhour
‏@TheDirtyHour
#HarleyQuinn has a better swing than @SFGiants tonite. she was batting 1k in movie yesterday #suicidesquad #secretscreening #attpark

Arjun Lal
‏@ArjunFromTO
Just got out of a test screening for #SuicideSquad. THIS is the movie that shouldve launched the #DCEU. Perfection film making, breathtaking

thedirtyhour ‏@TheDirtyHour 8h8 hours ago
@aalegalzinha @ArjunFromTO Yes. She held her own and stayed true to form in the movie. *Waller*

thedirtyhour ‏@TheDirtyHour 8h8 hours ago
@aalegalzinha I would say the trailers to the movie thus far really show you who gets the most screen time. Probably true of most trailers

SJRB

Gold Member
Remember when the first impressions for BvS came out and we, as a collective, thought for about 24 hours that Snyder actually did it and created an incredible movie?

..wait for reviews.

Will never trust first impressions again, not after BvS and the debacle with so many people swearing up and down that every other person who reacted positively was some credible insider so their opinion had to be trusted.

That said, first impressions being positive can't be a bad thing. Just meaningless.

Remember when the first impressions for BvS came out and we, as a collective, thought for about 24 hours that Snyder actually did it and created an incredible movie?

..wait for reviews.

Yeah, I'll be taking these with a grain of salt. Fingers crossed though.

SJRB

Gold Member

strafer pls. You know what I mean. Early impressions were literally the polar opposite of the eventual reviews.

Look, we can fire up that tiresome discussion again if you want, but the general consensus is that he didn't.

Boke1879

I'm excited for SS because I'm a fan of Ayers movies. Batman being in for like 10 minutes is perfect. Just the right amount of tease

strafer

strafer pls. You know what I mean. Early impressions were literally the polar opposite of the eventual reviews.

Look, we can fire up that tiresome discussion again if you want, but the general consensus is that he didn't.

I'm sorry you didn't like the movie but I did.

jrush64

Banned
Yeah I definitely remember the BvS first impressions. No way i'm believing this yet. Then again Suicide Squad hasn't suffered from the negativity surrounding BvS before it even released.

gamz

Will never trust first impressions again, not after BvS and the debacle with so many people swearing up and down that every other person who reacted positively was some credible insider so their opinion had to be trusted.

That said, first impressions being positive can't be a bad thing. Just meaningless.

I'm just encouraged by Leto, not that I ever doubted it. We know that Harley will be the breakout star here.

gamz

Yeah I definitely remember the BvS first impressions. No way i'm believing this yet. Then again Suicide Squad hasn't suffered from the negativity surrounding BvS before it even released.

Sure it has. OMG RESHOOTS! Even tho just about every blockbuster goes through reshoots and it's baked into actors contracts.

Unlike Snyder Ayer is a straight up lean and mean storyteller. I believe the reactions and I think this will kill.

Rewatching TDK, haven't seen it for a while.

Damn this movie is dense. So much information crammed into scenes. Constant cuts between concurrent scenes to waste no time in setting up future plot points. I think there are too many minor plot points and things they didn't really need to include - stuff like the super sonar and government spy projects, but considering how much they crammed in Nolan and whomever edited this did a fantastic fucking job of making it manageable for the audience.

Boke1879

Sure it has. OMG RESHOOTS! Even tho just about every blockbuster goes through reshoots and it's baked into actors contracts.

Unlike Snyder Ayer is a straight up lean and mean storyteller. I believe the reactions and I think this will kill.

It still hasn't gotten to that point. People were shitting on BvS since the first trailer. This seems like it's getting positive reception and Snyder isn't attached to this

SJRB

Gold Member
Rewatching TDK, haven't seen it for a while.

Damn this movie is dense. So much information crammed into scenes. Constant cuts between concurrent scenes to waste no time in setting up future plot points. I think there are too many minor plot points and things they didn't really need to include - stuff like the super sonar and government spy projects, but considering how much they crammed in Nolan and whomever edited this did a fantastic fucking job of making it manageable for the audience.

There never was a government spy project, it was a coverup from Bruce to hide his sonar program from everyone, even Fox.

One of the more clever things I liked, and one of the few moments where Bruce Wayne is actually Bruce Wayne, doing shit himself instead of taking whatever he needs from Fox's bottomless box of convenient gadgets.

There never was a government spy project, it was a coverup from Bruce to hide his sonar program from everyone, even Fox.

One of the more clever things I liked, and one of the few moments where Bruce Wayne is actually Bruce Wayne, doing shit himself instead of taking whatever he needs from Fox's bottomless box of convenient gadgets.

The details are superfluous, I'm just saying that the gadget itself was unnecessary. The movie is already bursting at the seams with both plot points and ideas, there could easily have been some other way to find the Joker at the end. It would have saved screen time and quite a lot of the vfx budget.

J_Viper

We all know those incredibly positive BvS reactions were based off the Ultimate Cut.

I'm kidding, but in my heart, I want to believe.

Hyped to hear that Battfleck has a sizeable role in SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom