• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for the most part. Finishing up Xenoblade Chronicles X at the moment. Might go back and do more of the Riddler missions in Arkham City as we get closer to release day.

I have been considering reinstalling DC Universe Online again as well.

I''ve tried to get into DCUO a few times but the locked content always gets me. It's pretty crappy when MMO's still lock stuff that has been out for 2+ years. Even swtor makes their expansion content baseline and they're on f2p model. I'd like to try out an electricity character to see if I like the game but that's locked as well.

Loxley

I was going to post this in the BVS trailer thread in response to some of the Superman poo-pooing going on, but I decided it just wasnt worth the hassle and figured I'd drop it here instead:

It's never hard to be a Superman fan :) Whether or not folks on message boards like him or think he's cool is of zero consequence to the character's status as a pop culture icon. He's going to out-live us all. I mean, they actually built a 15-foot statue of the guy outside of city hall in Metropolis, Illinois (below) and the city of Cleveland,Ohio approved the construction of their own Superman monument last year. Heck, not too long ago Jerry Siegel's house in Cleveland (where he and Joe Schuster created the character) is now a tourist attraction and an officially recognized Ohio historical landmark.

If anything I would argue that Superman is probably the easiest character to like in all of comics. He's the superhero equivalent of Tom Hanks.

GL0AEkc.jpg

Raptor

I love Supes. Just don't like the jingoistic Truth, Justice and the American way. That should be left in the 50s where it belongs.

Agreed, now it should be "The Human race way" or something more worldwide like that.

Currently Im on my first playthrough of Bloodborne and Arkham Knight here and there, I throw some Blops 3 playtime aswell from time to time.

Thinking in starting The Flash Series again or maybe start Gotham, is it good? I honestly didnt liked Jessica jones, I find it boring as hell the first episodes, didnt grabbed me.

IconGrist

Agreed, now it should be "The Human race way" or something more worldwide like that.

Currently Im on my first playthrough of Bloodborne and Arkham Knight here and there, I throw some Blops 3 playtime aswell from time to time.

Thinking in starting The Flash Series again or maybe start Gotham, is it good? I honestly didnt liked Jessica jones, I find it boring as hell the first episodes, didnt grabbed me.

Watch like the last 3 episodes of Gotham season 1 and then start season 2.

Ahasverus

The trailer thread surpassed the post count of the Civil War trailer in 2 days, and most of it is not discussion but actual reactions. The hype is real.

Ok, time to vent a little. After reading all of the posts in that "rumor" thread and the final trailer thread, there is something I have to ask: What exactly makes Superman boring? Seriously, what? Is it his strength? Thor and Hulk have just as crazy feats. Is it his speed? Flash is faster. Is it his durability? Juggernaut is literally unstoppable! Is it because he is just a nice guy without a "darkside"? Because, if is so, what is wrong with that? Is it because he has godly powers? NEWSFLASH: 90% of all superheroes would be considered gods if they existed in the real world.

After years of people saying he is "one of the worst" or "the most boring" hero I still cannot figure out what sets him apart from every other superhero. Does anybody have an idea?

because they think grimdark and anti-hero is the only good type of character. same reason Barry Allen and Hal Jordan get hated too.

If that is the case then why talk about him at all? If I am unfamiliar with a particular subject I'm sure as hell not going to bring it up in a conversation.

because once you are on the internet, fuck you, you fucking fuck, my opinion is fact.

Just got back from a drive in of Deadpool. No BvS teaser, was looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

Deadpool itself was ok, I think people overhyped it a bit, it's a middle of the pack movie (for me). I admit I'm not a huge ryan reynolds/deadpool fan, but I still had a few chuckles here and there. Less meme/random humor and more about references than I thought. I think it's a fun popcorn movie but I can't imagine it aging well at all due to the references. It's definitely a film designed for the fans.

I felt the trailers (2 that I watched) spoiled a lot of the best jokes and had most of the movie's scenes in it. It's obvious the movie is low budget but they have fun with it. The plot is simple but better done than I thought. So yeah, probably a dream come true for fans of the character, but I think it was a 7/10 movie.

IconGrist

Just got back from a drive in of Deadpool. No BvS teaser, was looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

Deadpool itself was ok, I think people overhyped it a bit, it's a middle of the pack movie (for me). I admit I'm not a huge ryan reynolds/deadpool fan, but I still had a few chuckles here and there. Less meme/random humor and more about references than I thought. I think it's a fun popcorn movie but I can't imagine it aging well at all due to the references. It's definitely a film designed for the fans.

I felt the trailers (2 that I watched) spoiled a lot of the best jokes and had most of the movie's scenes in it. It's obvious the movie is low budget but they have fun with it. The plot is simple but better done than I thought. So yeah, probably a dream come true for fans of the character, but I think it was a 7/10 movie.

I too just got back from Deadpool. Solid 8/10. Was laughing my ass off but I only watched one trailer so not a lot of the jokes were spoiled for me.

kmfdmpig

Saw Deadpool today as well and loved it.

No BvS trailer, but it did have the trailer for Suicide Squad (the good one that debuted on CW a few weeks ago. It looked even better on the big screen.

IconGrist

Trex Arms, My Little Pony scene and Breast Pop scene was the best for me.

As a perv I was disappointed the breast pop contained no actual breast in it but it was funny nonetheless. The spelling of Francis with the bodies was hilarious. Oh and the "I bet it feels huge with this" had me rolling.

Effect

I too just got back from Deadpool. Solid 8/10. Was laughing my ass off but I only watched one trailer so not a lot of the jokes were spoiled for me.

Still trying to decide if I will bother. I generally dislike the humor that is suppose to be in Deadpool. Always have and its ruined films for me where I didn't know it would be there. Thus I've actively avoided films where I know the overwhelming humor will be raunchy or close to it. I normally see superhero films with my sister, at least the first showing. It's a thing we do but she hasn't expressed any interest in this so it would be just me.

IconGrist

Still trying to decide if I will bother. I generally dislike the humor that is suppose to be in Deadpool. Always have and its ruined films for me where I didn't know it would be there. Thus I've actively avoided films where I know the overwhelming humor will be raunchy or close to it. I normally see superhero films with my sister, at least the first showing. It's a thing we do but she hasn't expressed any interest in this so it would be just me.

It can be a little much. Sometimes it did feel they were making jokes just because they had gone a minute without one.

BadAss2961

I'm glad it's doing well but I also think I know well enough to realize it wouldn't be my thing either. Not a fan of in your face humor or breaking the fourth wall too much, and I never thought Reynolds was funny. He seems cool though, so good for him.

3N16MA

Banned
The fact that FOX may pull off a 100M OW with a R rated superhero film is pretty amazing. Reynolds doesn't have to feel so bad about GL.

I have been looking forward to it so I will definitely see it.

BadAss2961

Here's a Funko "Rock Candy" movie Wonder Woman figure (along with a comic version, and Supergirl and two Batgirl's, and there's also a comic Harley).

And here's some Batman v Superman Funko POP! pens.
That classic Wonder Woman is nice. Would love to see Gal pull off that look just once.

Would be fun if she alternates costumes in general throughout these movies.

EDIT: Looks like a certain French magazine might've confirmed some key roles in BvS. I won't post it, but for at least one role in particular, we happy if this is legit.

IconGrist

That classic Wonder Woman is nice. Would love to see Gal pull off that look just once.

EDIT: Looks like a certain French magazine might've confirmed some key roles in BvS. I won't post it, but for at least one role in particular, we happy if this is legit.

Aw, you're going to make me look for it? I'll get you for this! And you're little dog too!

Beta Stage

Neo Member

So those two year old rumors are true, possibly.

Heads up - the GMA BvS thing that was supposedly "cancelled" is still on.

Cool

IMAX uploaded their version of the trailer onto their page, and the trailer looks a lot brighter than the leaked copy.

As for the announcement, maybe some ticket stuff? The last poster.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Holy shit so
Jenna Malone is Barbara Gordon and Scoot McNairy is Jimmy Olsen

Rumors were on point lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom