• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Wait, where is this stuff? If someone doesn't want to post the link here, send me a PM. I generally suck at finding stuff online.

just go to SHH forums

I won't post the scan, it's out there, but gaf has a strict no scan policy for gaming mag and I guess that extends to movie mags.

but I think mag covers are fine so...

eXfTDyE.jpg

from that reddit thread

it's fanart but also spoilers!

http://i.imgur.com/WFt81sG.jpg

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that looks so good. Snyder pls

IconGrist

This is a chicken or egg scenario. Are these rumors built off older rumors? Or were the older rumors vindicated? Both are plausible.

Since this comes from a legit source it seems older rumors were vindicated.

I'm going to know everything about this freaking movie before it comes out aren't I? Oh well... ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!

I knew just about every scene in Man of Steel before I ever saw the movie. Didn't ruin my enjoyment at all. Still saw it 5 times.

IconGrist

Is
Batgirl in this movie, or are they setting her up
?

From what has been said (in rumors but looking more and more true) is that
there is a flashback scene of Joker paralyzing Barbara Gordon. So I don't think we will see Batgirl. It'll be the origins of Oracle.

From what has been said (in rumors but looking more and more true) is that
there is a flashback scene of Joker paralyzing Barbara Gordon. So I don't think we will see Batgirl. It'll be the origins of Oracle.

This is what I want.
Whoever she is I hope she is not Carrie Kelly. Nothing against the character, TDKR is my favourite Batman story but I just dont think her inclusion adds anything beyond incorporating more elements of TDKR for the sake of it. With Barbara you're setting up a whole history with the Batfamily and the Joker and also finally give us some real Bruce/Barbara interactions in live action.

I think a mix between the long ass summary posted mid last year and the more recent reddit one by karwin360 is the film. Atleast I hope it is.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
If all these rumors are true Snyder must really have had to try hard to mess this up assuming the WB is nervous chatter is legit. There is too much awesomeness in this movie for me not to dig it.

ryan299

Some fake ass twitter said Colin Farell is up for Constantine in JL Dark and WB wants Taron Eagerton for Jason Todd. I actually like those two choices.

GeeTeeCee

You know,
a KGBeast v Batman fight would be pretty cool.

Im guessing
KGBeast is present during that warehouse fight at the start of the new trailer. I'm wondering if he'll look like his comic counterpart, or just be a random "named" thug sorta like Zsasz was in Batman Begins.

Penguin

Some fake ass twitter said Colin Farell is up for Constantine in JL Dark and WB wants Taron Eagerton for Jason Todd. I actually like those two choices.

Well the Colin rumor isn't new at all

We've heard that since the end of last year

Also the new director(s) for Dark Universe

IconGrist

This one is true??

There's been a few reports about this. Nothing official obviously. Every other JLD rumor has just kind of disappeared but this one keeps getting brought up. Considering how easy it is for these types of rumors to get debunked yet it persists. Probably won't be a formal announcement about it one way or the other until around SDCC.

I dunno who to thank for all this faithfulness to source material or references, Johns or Snyder.

I know some people don't care for Geoff Johns, but he's the only one I'd trust being CCO besides Morrison or maybe Waid. His knowledge of DC comics is top notch.

GeeTeeCee

I like Geoff Johns, but I don't think he's very good at writing Batman. Everything else is fine. He tends to do best when he's writing big events.

IconGrist

I dunno who to thank for all this faithfulness to source material or references, Johns or Snyder.

I know some people don't care for Geoff Johns, but he's the only one I'd trust being CCO besides Morrison or maybe Waid. His knowledge of DC comics is top notch.

I'd imagine some combination of both.

Tabby

I want to say both.

Snyder is a huge fan of the source material and Geoff is just Geoff.

I like Geoff Johns, but I don't think he's very good at writing Batman. Everything else is fine. He tends to do best when he's writing big events.

That's true, I enjoyed E1 Batman (wouldn't want it canon). I think the Lex vs Bruce stuff has been fun in JL, but I can see the sharp difference between his Batman and Morrison's. I think the movie versions of these characters will incorporate the timeless and popular elements in an All Star manner. Each JL film should feel like it's own event that can stand by itself, rather than a stepping stone to Darkseid or Anti-Monitor, so I think Johns laying the ground work for those movies would be great.

IconGrist

I watched The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 again, and that Batman lifts his Batmobile with one hand in his suit.

Is the animated version close in accuracy to the book? I read the book a long long time ago but still haven't watched the animated movies based on it. All-Star Superman was a total letdown compared to its book.

BadAss2961

Is the animated version close in accuracy to the book? I read the book a long long time ago but still haven't watched the animated movies based on it. All-Star Superman was a total letdown compared to its book.
Yeah, it's pretty accurate. That's why it's a two-parter. Adopts the look and everything, down to the newsreels and Bruno's twins with their swastikas... The big showdown is also extended some with bits that aren't in the book.

It's my favorite animated movie with Red Hood just behind it.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
Im guessing
KGBeast is present during that warehouse fight at the start of the new trailer. I'm wondering if he'll look like his comic counterpart, or just be a random "named" thug sorta like Zsasz was in Batman Begins.

Or,
if that one rumor is true, he is the head of LexCorp security who gets into a tussle with Batman when Bats steals Lex's kryptonite.

TDKReturns in full runs two and a half hours. It's as close as an adaptation can get.

ryan299

Here's a Funko "Rock Candy" movie Wonder Woman figure (along with a comic version, and Supergirl and two Batgirl's, and there's also a comic Harley).

And here's some Batman v Superman Funko POP! pens.

Where'd you find the pens? I wanna grab one for my little brother.

I ordered Kingdom Come, I know nothing about it but I liked the artstyle.

Also, Young Justice is fantastic. Super entertaining and I dislike no character so far (episode 6). Also, Batman is just a boss, Supes an asshole.

GeeTeeCee

I ordered Kingdom Come, I know nothing about it but I liked the artstyle.

Also, Young Justice is fantastic. Super entertaining and I dislike no character so far (episode 6). Also, Batman is just a boss, Supes an asshole.

Kingdom Come is excellent, enjoy. You can't go wrong with Mark Waid and Alex Ross.

While I can sort of understand Superman's attitude towards Superboy in YJ, it's just weird seeing that sort of reaction from Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom