• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanee

lol oh man, I just ventured into that thread, checked out the last page and left.

I got a good chuckle out of it.

Anyone know of any good UK sites selling BvS clothing? I want one of those Wonder Woman hoodies.

Tabby

People will hate the movie no matter what honestly. I doubt it's going to change when the movie comes out, they already seem like they're determined to hate it and people hate admitting that they're wrong.

a916

Can someone explain all the snark with the term Oscar winner in that thread? It's almost like Terrio didn't win an Oscar....

These rumors are hilarious.

First we have the rumor that the film is a mess and WB is nervous. Snyder stinks, no one wants to watch Cavhill, and the whole film is going down in flames.

Now the rumor is that the film is too deep and just to good for the dummies to understand because Terrio is an Oscar winner.

My favorite part are the people justifying their beliefs (mostly the negative ones).

Hey this one rumor said the movie is bad, I KNEW IT!!!!!

Hey this one rumor said the movie is too good, LIES, BURN THEM ALL!

bryanee

I really wan this armor to be true or else this will be like "you know we could put the OTHER super hero here .... oh it is a WOMAN ?? ok, create an entire new toy to fit her place !"

Even if the armour isn't in the flick I doubt it would have anything to do with not wanting to put a WW figure in the set. WB haven't been shy at all about putting a whole lot of Wonder Woman merch out.

Can someone explain all the snark with the term Oscar winner in that thread? It's almost like Terrio didn't win an Oscar....

My favorite part are the people justifying their beliefs (mostly the negative ones).

Hey this one rumor said the movie is bad, I KNEW IT!!!!!

Hey this one rumor said the movie is too good, LIES, BURN THEM ALL!

It's the way it's phrased, honestly. Puts waaaaay too much emphasis on the oscar winning part, makes it seem ridiculous.

I really wan this armor to be true or else this will be like "you know we could put the OTHER super hero here .... oh it is a WOMAN ?? ok, create an entire new toy to fit her place !"

Yeah, that's not a great look.

Tho they have done a great job with the Wondy merch.

Odoul

People will hate the movie no matter what honestly. I doubt it's going to change when the movie comes out, they already seem like they're determined to hate it and people hate admitting that they're wrong.

Movie's goose is cooked.

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/final-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-trailer-takes-grimdark-literally

I am convinced a healthy portion of the press has the reviews spitting battery acid already typed up and saved.
This morning the final trailer dropped for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, featuring a deeper look at Batman’s stake in this fight. At least, I think that’s what’s happening. It’s hard to tell when you literally can’t see what’s happening, save when an explosion lights up the screen. This is a superhero movie, turn on the lights! We shouldn't be squinting to figure out who is punching who or where which character is.

I really do love Batman and Superman. I’m a fan of (some of) the comics, I’ve never met a Justice League or Batman cartoon I didn’t adore, I’m ecstatic about the direction Supergirl has gone on CBS. But I will never, NEVER get behind this gritty alternate universe where Superman is a murderer whose mother says things like “You don’t owe [humanity] anything” and whose father wanted him to let children drown on a bus rather than Clark reveal his powers.

Superman is a avatar of hope and aspiration…not whatever is going on here.

The one saving grace in this trailer for me? Wonder Woman. If Gal Gadot doesn’t steal this entire film, I will be genuinely surprised.

But seriously, is it too late to run this movie through a sunlight filter? I mean, LOOK at this. It's LEGO Batman, “Darkness, no parents” absurd levels of dark.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm not up to date on my Superman lore, but did comic book Jonathan ever tell Clark to use his powers while growing up to save people even though it meant risking outing himself? I can't remember any off the top of my head and I have Birthright, Secret Identity, For All Seasons, and a lot of 90's books (Death and Return stuff). Even in Smallville, Jonathan was against Clark using his powers and telling his friends. It's just that Man of Steel actually decided to have a real conversation about it for a scene and I could totally buy Jonathan having that response. Clark still saved the kids, it's not like he let them die, which means the Kents values are instilled in him at that point and the fact he wants to do good with them.

IconGrist

Maybe I'm not up to date on my Superman lore, but did comic book Jonathan ever tell Clark to use his powers while growing up to save people even though it meant risking outing himself? I can't remember any off the top of my head and I have Birthright, Secret Identity, For All Seasons, and a lot of 90's books (Death and Return stuff). Even in Smallville, Jonathan was against Clark using his powers and telling his friends. It's just that Man of Steel actually decided to have a real conversation about it for a scene and I could totally buy Jonathan having that response. Clark still saved the kids, it's not like he let them die, which means the Kents values are instilled in him at that point and the fact he wants to do good with them.

I think that scene would have gone over much better with everyone if Jonathan had said "I don't know" instead of "maybe". People focused so much on what he said instead of why he said it.

Penguin

Movie's goose is cooked.

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/final-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-trailer-takes-grimdark-literally

I am convinced a healthy portion of the press has the reviews spitting battery acid already typed up and saved.

Eh wouldn't give her much stock

Some other gems

The 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' soundtrack literally gives away the whole movie

The exact moment ‘Suicide Squad’ fails Harley Quinn is in the new trailer

Even Henry Cavill thinks Zack Snyder’s Superman is evil

Superman still looks like the bad guy in new 'Batman v Superman' teaser

So open mind and all that

Jeff Nichols' new film, Midnight Special, has shades of the Pa Kent shielding Clark dynamic.

As an aside, I wonder if the Jeff Nichols directing Aquaman rumors were ever real. Guy is a superb director and I would've loved to see what that would even resemble.

James Wan was a superb choice for aquaman, especially if we're getting some trench creature designs from him. Great eye for horror.

Only film I'm overly concerned about right now is Flash. First time director with only a handful of mixed films he wrote for under his belt.

BadAss2961

It'll all come down to critical reception. There will always be a vocal minority of haters for a something of this magnitude, but movie GAF for one is mostly bandwagon.

Effect

Oh wise and powerfull DCGAF! I have a question. Do you know if there is going to be a novelization of BvS?

The closest I came across were companion novels.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0545916305/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1785650602/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1783297492/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0545916275/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I wouldn't be surprised if there was one announced or released afterward. Man of Steel and Dark Knight Rises both got one. The Man of Steel one came out after the film was released though.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
I know there's an "Original Companion Novel" out tomorrow called Cross Fire. I think a novelization might come later.

The closest I came across were companion novels.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0545916305/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1785650602/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1783297492/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0545916275/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I wouldn't be surprised if there was one announced or released afterward. Man of Steel and Dark Knight Rises both got one. The Man of Steel one came out after the film was released though.

Thanks for the answers. The reason why I asked is because I do not watch movies when they're in theaters, but I'm getting tired of waiting 4-6 months before I can watch them on Blu-Ray. So I have decided to buy the novelization of any movie I really want to see. I started with TFA and now I want to get BvS.

Effect

Thanks for the answers. The reason why I asked is because I do not watch movies when they're in theaters, but I'm getting tired of waiting 4-6 months before I can watch them on Blu-Ray. So I have decided to buy the novelization of any movie I really want to see. I started with TFA and now I want to get BvS.

Gotcha. Chances are once one is announced someone will post about it.

guek

Banned

Objectivity isn't ever truly attainable, and not even always preferable. The irony of your comment is that you guys love it in here, hidden away in a corner, where you can hear your own opinions echoed back to you. I get it, it's very reassuring, and I don't see much wrong with hanging out with like-minded people in order to drum up your excitement for a film. That's what I mean but objectivity not always been preferable. It's best to just enjoy what you love and try not to worry too much about what other people think.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Objectivity isn't ever truly attainable, and not even always preferable. The irony of your comment is that you guys love it in here, hidden away in a corner, where you can hear your own opinions echoed back to you. I get it, it's very reassuring, and I don't see much wrong with hanging out with like-minded people in order to drum up your excitement for a film. That's what I mean but objectivity not always been preferable. It's best to just enjoy what you love and try not to worry too much about what other people think.

I have no problem with people not liking this film or DC in general, I could go into those threads and discuss sutff. The problem is that those threads are filled with "lol trainwreck" drive-by posts that stiffle any kind of discussion. Seriously, tell me if you can have any sane discussion in all those rumours threads, it's impossible. If this is the only place to have some decent discussion, even if we are all biased towards DC, then so be it. There's really is no other place because those other threads are just people drive-by posting and never appearing in again the thread.

"Tell me...do you bweed?"
jg4EBeX.jpg

RagingPhoenix

Neo Member
That thread got locked lol.

Fully expect some other article to pop up in the next few days. Like clockwork

James Wan was a superb choice for aquaman, especially if we're getting some trench creature designs from him. Great eye for horror.

Only film I'm overly concerned about right now is Flash. First time director with only a handful of mixed films he wrote for under his belt.

I was watching that interview with Miller the other day (imagine not seeing it yet) where he was supposedly "high" and I thought they have got the right guy for the part. Just bummed that he isn't Wally.

Many people are talked too were pretty nervoud at the first viewing of episode 7, so it did take a bit out of enjoyment from them. The second time they were a lot more relaxed and enjoyed the movie. I hope that I am not going to be nervous watching BvS the first time. Would really suck if I was nervous in the movie theatre.

Come on guys. Just put it out there.

Rumor from an unknown site states production on Justice League has been delayed 6 months and filming now starts this October instead of April. A delay that long would mean the movie release date would be pushed too.

So yeah, brace yourselves.

IconGrist

Guek, it's posts like these that make me want to keep an eye on you. We're not in here so we can hide from the big bad meanies. If that were true we wouldn't even post in those threads. Most of us would likely have taken a ban hit if we truly cared that much. We'd be screaming. But we're not. Much like the MCU Community thread this is just a place where we discuss things about the topic at hand. The current topic at hand as it relates to the DCEU is that there is a shit ton of garbage posting about it.

I know we've been down this road before but allow me to demonstrate.

The HitFix video about WB being worried gets a thread. His "source" is Faraci who almost word for word said the same thing just a bit back. So that only counts as one.

That one instance is the only out of a few other "inside" sources that have said the opposite. We can also assume it's bullshit based on WB's actions. They just had an entire special dedicated to the DCEU. If they were so worried why would they do that? Wouldn't it be smarter to wait and see how BvS fairs before you start telling everybody what you're going to do? Another example, they listened to the complaints about Trailer 2. Not one spot since then has shown Doomsday or the Trinity team up. They even gave up a line from Gal Gadot. They have like 4 contests going to see the movie early. Not to mention the guys who went to that trailer event and get to see the movie a full week earlier. You don't do that if you're worried about the movie.

But where are the threads on the positive rumors? Hmm? Do those ever get posted? Nope. Not one. Only the negative and the ridiculous ones get posted. That's it. HeroicHollywood, Collider and Joblo have been talking about how happy WB is with the movie for about a year. Not one thread on it. Despite several articles/videos. HitFix says WB is concerned and might call it quits or do massive changes and that thread is up immediately.

So no, we don't hang out in here because we're afraid of the big bad meanies in OT. We hang out in here because it's the only place we can talk about these movies, good or bad, without a hundred people parroting some trash they heard because it fits what they want to believe. It's no different than those I see in the MCU Community thread who stick to that thread.

Interesting that Joe Chill, whomever killed the Waynes, was never apprehended in this universe. Little disappointed Kid Bruce falling in the well is his bat inspiration. Where's the bat flying through the window?

Alfred as the Wayne bodyguard makes the age gap reasonable. Although, you know, maybe he's not the best bodyguard considering...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom