• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It's funny seeing people jump the gun in that thread, some just can't wait to hate on this.

guek

Banned
It's funny seeing people jump the gun in that thread, some just can't wait to hate on this.

The thirst is real.

Be honest, would you guys ever let gaf live it down if this got a 97%RT, 90 Meta-Score, and $650M at the domestic BO?

The thirst is real.

Be honest, would you guys ever let gaf live it down if this got a 97%RT, 90 Meta-Score, and $650M at the domestic BO?

No, never. I would do something monumentally dumb and probably get banned over it, but it would be TOTALLY WORTH IT to call people out.

a916

The thirst is real.

That could happen, Best Picture, Screenplay LOTR ROTK amount of nominations and they can give away all their earnings to charity... but some people already have confirmation bias set in.

Rooster12

Can you guys recommend me a good Darkseid graphic novel ?

Action Comics #586 and Superman #2 (Legends Tie-in) - Supes meeting Darkseid first time post-crisis

Jack Kirby The Fourth World - Jack Kirby's masterpiece on Orion, Darkseid and his cronies

Justice League International #18-21 - Justice League has to make a deal with Darkseid concerning Mr. Miracle

Suicide Squad #33-36 - One of the best Suicide Squad stories ever....Dr. Light vs. Darkseid...throwdown of the century here.

Superman/Batman : Absolute Power - Not really a Darkseid story, he just appears for a brief moment but does play a pivotal role.

Superman/Batman : Vengeance - Again, not a Darkseid story, but if you wanna see some cool Superman vs Darkeseid interactions, this has a good one.

Death of the New Gods - Never read it...had mixed reviews though.

BadAss2961

I thought we were done making BvS threads in OT?
Are we?

Maybe the few of us here only make threads when there's actual news to report, but not everyone has the same control... Somehow the thread stays open just spreading misinformation too.

Think i'm done defending BvS. More time to spend seasoning this crow.

Action Comics #586 and Superman #2 (Legends Tie-in) - Supes meeting Darkseid first time post-crisis

Jack Kirby The Fourth World - Jack Kirby's masterpiece on Orion, Darkseid and his cronies

Justice League International #18-21 - Justice League has to make a deal with Darkseid concerning Mr. Miracle

Suicide Squad #33-36 - One of the best Suicide Squad stories ever....Dr. Light vs. Darkseid...throwdown of the century here.

Superman/Batman : Absolute Power - Not really a Darkseid story, he just appears for a brief moment but does play a pivotal role.

Superman/Batman : Vengeance - Again, not a Darkseid story, but if you wanna see some cool Superman vs Darkeseid interactions, this has a good one.

Death of the New Gods - Never read it...had mixed reviews though.

Ah man, how'd I forget the time the Squad went to Apokalips?

Shit was amazing.

So typically in the comics what are Enchantress' powers?
Seeing Croc attacking Katana in the last Suicide Squad trailer really got me hoping Enchantress does some kinda spell on him and turns him more into something like
latest

so, theres been a lot of BvS threads with a lot of negativity.

And I just want to know, what happened? I try not to read threads often because of spoilers, sometimes I can put two-and-two thus ruining the movie for me, but this movie, its almost like its already a Failure and we are just waiting to criticize it. Was it the Trailers? Zack? I can understand Zack critics, but I felt the writing was more of the problem then Zack's Directing in MoS. I guess first impressions are everything.

Its a shame really, because its Superman/Batman in the same screen, it should be fun experience.

So typically in the comics what are Enchantress' powers?
Seeing Croc attacking Katana in the last Suicide Squad trailer really got me hoping Enchantress does some kinda spell on him and turns him more into something like
latest

Hmm, lessee...

IIRC, the main thrust of it is pretty standard DC caster stuff. Energy bolts, flying, turning stuff into other stuff. 2 big characteristics are the twin personalities thing and that she's kind of a heavyweight in that class.

Edit: Oh, and she's got some kind of extra-special magical sensitivity going on. She can reach out and feel/communicate with incredibly powerful beings like Eclipso and the Spectre.

so, theres been a lot of BvS threads with a lot of negativity.

And I just want to know, what happened? I try not to read threads often because of spoilers, sometimes I can put two-and-two thus ruining the movie for me, but this movie, its almost like its already a Failure and we are just waiting to criticize it. Was it the Trailers? Zack? I can understand Zack critics, but I felt the writing was more of the problem then Zack's Directing in MoS. I guess first impressions are everything.

Its a shame really, because its Superman/Batman in the same screen, it should be fun experience.

I feel like it's almost been there since the start. I think it's a combo of the reception to Man of Steel and Zack returning.

Loxley

The biggest thing I point to when looking for things to blame for the negativity around BVS (aside from one or two poorly edited trailers) is the fact that it took WB three goddamn years to get this thing out. That's three years of folks having nothing to discuss but Man of Steel's faults. As such, the negativity around the DCEU was basically allowed to just sit there and fester. To the point where it's gotten so bad you'd think we have this grand pantheon of bad DCEU movies that warrants all the criticism - but I have to remind myself that It's all based off one "meh" film and time.

IconGrist

Who the fuck thought that BoF article was thread worthy? There's a reason I didn't even link to it when I brought it up. It was horseshit.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Yeah, I think it's time to admit that this site has beaten me with regards to BvS

I think I am done with the carnival of stupidity for the next few weeks or so. Probably throw myself into another project or something.

On a brighter note, did watch LEGO Justice League Cosmic Clash. A lot of fun. Wrote a review if anyone watches these

http://nerdsontherocks.com/movie-review-lego-justice-league-cosmic-clash/

Looking at the replies in that thread maybe WB is unto something, maybe people are actually really dumb if they can discern some bullshit rumor made up by some random dude in a fantsite. I'd be worried about the movie, too.

IconGrist

Looking at the replies in that thread maybe WB is unto something, maybe people are actually really dumb if they can discern some bullshit rumor made up by some random dude in a fantsite. I'd be worried about the movie, too.

Do you have any idea how close I came to posting this in that thread, lmao

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
With how well Deadpool did (and I am a fan of that movie), I'm gonna be a bit miffed if BvS ends up scoring lower on RT and overall average. Just all the stupid comments and drive by's of people going "LOL Batman can't even beat Deadpool" is gonna drive me insane. Just give me that 85+% RT score and 7.7+ avg rating and I'm good. That should be good enough to shut most of them up.

IconGrist

With how well Deadpool did (and I am a fan of that movie), I'm gonna be a bit miffed if BvS ends up scoring lower on RT and overall average. Just all the stupid comments and drive by's of people going "LOL Batman can't even beat Deadpool" is gonna drive me insane. Just give me that 85+% RT score and 7.7+ avg rating and I'm good. That should be good enough to shut most of them up.

The movie could be ass tier. No one really knows at this point. Click bait articles aside every bit of well sourced information has said the movie is really good though. Not to mention everybody and their mama is likely going to see it just because it's a Batman and Superman movie.

Effect

Just better to ride this hate until March 25 or maybe a week earlier when reviews start to pop in. Best not to bother anymore.

Gotta say I am worried about the reviews as well. Many of the reviews for Man of Steel were BS. Many knocked the film simply because it dared to not be a repeat of the Donner films. They took those films as the standard for what Superman should be. Damn the source material (comics). Forget how he is presented in comics or years of animation since those films. Not judging it on it's own merits but what they wanted it to be or thought it should be and not what it actually was. Now I think WB might very well be concerned about seeing a repeat of that. You can't control that. You can't stop people from looking at the film and then responding negatively because it wasn't what they wanted when it never set out to be what the person wanted in their head.

Hell on this forum you still have people that refuse to acknowledge that Man of Steel was this Superman's origin story and first time putting on the suit. They get mad or bash the film at because it didn't show Superman as a person able and capable of doing things 100% perfect regardless of the situation and story. The fact that the story purposefully shows him as inexperienced isn't valid in their eyes for what they wanted or expected out of the film even though what they wanted or expected was never advertised or offered up. That's what is being faced here.

If the film has issues with the dialogue, story, etc then fine. I think you can have arguments about those things with Man of Steel because it's a perfect film. I don't think that's what people will focus on though. That's not what the overwhelming focused on with Man of Steel when they want to talk negatively about it.

I really don't want to go through it with BvS. It won't be a discussion. Some people won't allow it to be.

IconGrist

Gotta say I am worried about the reviews as well. Many of the reviews for Man of Steel were BS. Many knocked the film simply because it dared to not be a repeat of the Donner films. They took those films as the standard for what Superman should be. Not judging it on it's own merits but what they wanted it to be or thought it should be and not what it actually was. Now I think WB might very well be concerned about seeing a repeat of that. You can't control that. You can't stop people from looking at the film and then responding negatively because it wasn't what they wanted when it never set out to be what the person wanted in their head.

Hell on this forum you still have people that refuse to acknowledge that Man of Steel was this Superman's origin story and first time putting on the suit. They get mad or bash the film at because it didn't show Superman as a person able and capable of doing anything 100% perfect regardless of the situation and story. The fact that the story purposefully shows him as inexperienced isn't valid in their eyes for what they wanted or expected out of the film even though what they wanted or expected was never advertised or offered up. That's what is being faced here.

If the film has issues with the dialogue, story, etc then fine. I don't think that's what people will focus on though. That's not what the overwhelming focused on with Man of Steel.

Even if this happens as long as the movie is well received by audiences (like Man of Steel was) and it makes money WB will keep trucking right along. A few retarded reviews are not going to change that.

I like OP's "it's only speculation" edit in in his post. It would've been good to put that in the title or in your post the first time around.

And that article was so goddamn dumb. How did BoF not know how bad that was gonna play.

Effect

Even if this happens as long as the movie is well received by audiences (like Man of Steel was) and it makes money WB will keep trucking right along. A few retarded reviews are not going to change that.

That's likely what might happen. It will make being around here in threads horrible. So I'll likely stick to this one if it looks like that will be the normal once asn OT or review thread goes up.

Tabby

I'm actually really shocked Deadpool did so well, If this movie wasn't called Deadpool it would have scored a lot lower. I found it painfully average.

Story was non-existent. Characters were blegh. Outside of the jokes there was nothing memorable about the movie. It's a cliché origin story but with Deadpool.

I'm just impressed OT has moved beyond Fatman, Bald Cavill, Not muh Wonderwoman stage. Now we've regressed to the initial Marvel vs DC method and tone.

I'm actually really shocked Deadpool did so well, If this movie wasn't called Deadpool it would have scored a lot lower. I found it painfully average.

Story was non-existent. Characters were blegh. Outside of the jokes there was nothing memorable about the movie. It's a cliché origin story but with Deadpool.

Nahhhh

Deadpool was a really great movie. I'd put it comfortably in my top tier of superhero flicks. It's only really held back by a weak villain, but even he got used pretty well overall. Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead were perfect, held back only really by a criminal lack of screentime. The romance was fun and had just the right amount of emotional punch. Totally nailed the balance between pathos and comedy Deadpool needs to function.

Ahasverus

Ok that OT thread was the last I'm taking from this forum (sans this thread). I just want this movie to come out already so we can move on. Seriously, it's getting on my nerves. People really become stupid at the mere mention of thia film. Bad or good, just fucking come out.

Magwik

Banned
Ok that OT thread was the last I'm taking from this forum (sans this thread). I just want this movie to come out already so we can move on. Seriously, it's getting on my nerves. People really become stupid at the mere mention of thia film. Bad or good, just fucking come out.
I just don't understand it at all. Where does it come from?

IconGrist

Not that much longer until the movie is out anyway. Good or bad I'm really looking forward to discussing it with you all in this thread (at least). At least I can be sure there will be a rational conversation one way or the other.

It's why the threads are funny to read. Laziest of the lazy hot takes based on the thread title. That's how some users find their amusement and BvS is a big easy target. We're on the internet. Easier to find humor in what amounts to the comments section than get upset over it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What really pisses me off about threads like that is that when new info comes to light to help explain a comment or prove it's false or true, no one fucking reads the new info!!! Even if it's put in the OP as an edit, it's too late. It's like all they do is read the thread title and maybe the first sentence then hit "reply". And this isn't just for BvS threads, it can be for anything. It's just one of these things that being on a message board drive me up a wall.

3N16MA

Banned
These rumors are hilarious.

First we have the rumor that the film is a mess and WB is nervous. Snyder stinks, no one wants to watch Cavhill, and the whole film is going down in flames.

Now the rumor is that the film is too deep and just to good for the dummies to understand because Terrio is an Oscar winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom