• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Those are solid choices, though.

The only one I'm eh about is the Justice League vol 1. I wasn't a big fan of that book, good thing it got better later with the Darkseid Wars.

Nah. Michael Caine Alfred exists.
Love him, but he was too hands-off for me. It seemed like Bruce crusade was one-man, when in reality it's a two man operation with Alfred and Bruce. To me the Arkham games got it right.

Not a fan of all the choices, but happy they are doing something like this

I'm guessing that stuff is from another one of these?
jxaf4lf.jpg
hamgOBP.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Love him, but he was too hands-off for me. It seemed like Bruce crusade was one-man, when in reality it's a two man operation with Alfred and Bruce. To me the Arkham games got it right.

Arkham Alfred was voiced by the voiceactor from Michael Caine here in germany, so they are kinda the same persons for me :D

I just hope the new Alfred can be kind and close to Bruce, all the pictures and the short footage gave me the feeling that he is more grumpy and annoyed most the time.

IconGrist

I'm just listening to the radio while I do some shit around the house and 2 songs have referenced Superman. One by name directly and the other mentioned kryptonite. It made me realize I never hear music that references Batman.

Nitpicking Superman's costume, never was a fan of the reverse bib tuck cape. Some of my favorite Superman material uses it; All-Star Superman, Donner's Superman. But Superman Returns has to be the most awkward suit. CBS Supergirl manages a good balance of a cape tuck and draping it over the collar.

IconGrist

Latino Review is now parroting WB is worried about Batman v Superman. They supposedly fear it is not as accessible as they would like and may cause it to be viewed as polarizing as Man of Steel. LR says WB is not concerned with the quality of the film but they will be paying close attention to what worked and didn't work for audiences. Snyder is in no danger of being kicked off the Justice League movies but depending on BvS' reception they may retool things post JL.

I took that last part in context to mean more GA friendly. Possibly closer to Marvel's style.

Penguin

I love that high collar... it would hide that weird thing going on where Cavill's chest hair pops out lol. (that being said, I love the MOS costume)

Excuse me?
HIDE Cavill's chesthair?

What type of non-sense is that!

If anything, he should go topless for his chest to be shown to the world as a beacon of manliness!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Latino Review is now parroting WB is worried about Batman v Superman. They supposedly fear it is not as accessible as they would like and may cause it to be viewed as polarizing as Man of Steel. LR says WB is not concerned with the quality of the film but they will be paying close attention to what worked and didn't work for audiences. Snyder is in no danger of being kicked off the Justice League movies but depending on BvS' reception they may retool things post JL.

I took that last part in context to mean more GA friendly. Possibly closer to Marvel's style.
When Latino Review says that WB is worried then its actually confirmed that they must like it.

ryan299

Just saw Deadpool and people seemed to like the trailer. The other trailers were quiet, but you could hear people whispering about Batman beating the crap out of everyone in the beginning.

I like the new 52 suit, so long as it isn't drawn with excessive lines. Man of Steel suit and Poodle's favorite Earth-2 suit are great as well.

I'm not a huge fan of red underwear. Kingdom Come is my favorite classic variation, with the black background on the S.

Gotham's already beat him.

Michael Caine one is a better performance and also good for the emotional side of Alfred

Gotham one is great for the batsupport tho.

But i suspect irons will be an even better version of the Gotham Alfred. The voice of scar and also it looks like he's gonna be engineering gadgets too

After that and the word that Wolverine 3 is going to be R rated, I worry that they think that gore and tits is going to sell no matter what.

Deadpool did well because it actually gave a shit about the source material, not because of the body count.

After that and the word that Wolverine 3 is going to be R rated, I worry that they think that gore and tits is going to sell no matter what.

Deadpool did well because it actually gave a shit about the source material, not because of the body count.

Pretty much this. Going R allowed them to include the profanity and graphic violence, yeah, but it's not what made it a good movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom