• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played it in a long time but what I remember is 0-30 is not really the game. The game is based around your combat rating. So like everyone is basically level 30, but there's tier 0 with 40 CR or something, then tier 6 with 82 CR(these numbers aren't accurate), and the difference between the two is like being level 40 or being level 80 in terms of strength and power levels.

All i remember is my role as a tank, and the goal was to complete the instances enough so that you could buy the new pieces of armor, and then add crafted slots to up their stats. And the difference between having the full set of your class's armor and not usually meant being able to beat the bosses required to GET the armor. As a tank I had to have good enough defensive stats to pull entire rooms of aggro and keep it so that the controllers and healers could do their thing, and the DPS could go on untouched. The controllers have to have enough stats to keep everyone's energy filled, so that the healers can heal the tanks.

It was like a well oiled machine when done right, but mostly people didn't know what they were doing and the raids died. But you hopefully can get a drop or enough raid points to work towards getting better Combat Rating, which helped you do the raids and get in groups.

After you get your Combat Rating to a certain level you move to the next tier and repeat. I stopped caring at some point because I started hitting a paywall where i needed expansions to get to the next tier.

I had a CR106 or 108 character back then. Put roughly 2700 hours into the game (according to Steam). Good time. Too bad that I can't continue playing it anymore due to life commitment and stuff.

kmfdmpig

Did anyone read James Gunn letter about Deadpool?

He went hard on SS trailer. He thinks he came up with the idea of having a trailer edited to the beats of a popular song on his own.

He also credits the success of Guardians for getting Deadpool greenlit. He might be just a bit self-absorbed.

Penguin

Shocking almost no one, Batman v Superman premiere is in NYC

CbQoTO9UcAExZQQ.jpg

Ahasverus

Shocking almost no one, Batman v Superman premiere is in NYC

CbQoTO9UcAExZQQ.jpg
I want to go so bad. I'd seriously do almost everything, is it too late to get me a sugar daddy? lol. I just can't imagine the kind of excitement and expectation that are felt in an event like this.

kmfdmpig

GotG definitely helped

Sure, it helped as did Kick Ass and the positive reaction of the internet, but his statement seems to take almost complete credit.

"But hopefully in the midst of all this there will be a studio or two that will take the right lesson from this - like Fox did with Guardians by green-lighting Deadpool - and say - "Boy, maybe we can give them something they don't already have.""

bryanee

I don't often venture into Primark because the stores are usually a mess but the website said they had BvS clothes available. Did they have any in the store I went to? Did they bollocks.

And the Turkish Airlines contest.

yup got that one too.

Probably still a lot better chance than winning the lotto :3.

I watched the screen junkies movie fight for trailer 3. Don't know where the hate is stemming from besides the clickbait title. Their box office guesses were pretty different from each other. I don't think zealotry is doing anyone favors.

I like that the one panelist pointed out that WB brought on Affleck not just to play Batman, but for directorial/creative input as well. That's still the main selling point for me that the film will be great, ontop of Snyder's action scenes.

IconGrist

yup got that one too.

Probably still a lot better chance than winning the lotto :3.

I watched the screen junkies movie fight for trailer 3. Don't know where the hate is stemming from besides the clickbait title. Their box office guesses were pretty different from each other. I don't think zealotry is doing anyone favors.

I like that the one panelist pointed out that WB brought on Affleck not just to play Batman, but for directorial/creative input as well. That's still the main selling point for me that the film will be great, ontop of Snyder's action scenes.

Screen Junkies is just the worst. And I don't say that because they shit on DC all the time, I don't care about that. Every one of the main stays is just comes off ass super annoying to be around. A lot of the time they try to sound smarter than they are which is a huge pet peeve of mine.

witness

Disappointingly they did not play the new BvS or SS trailer before my showing of Deadpool in IMAX. They showed the doomsday trailer instead which was a bummer, but WW at the end of the trailer made the crowd gasp. Pretty fucking awesome to hear people freak out who had no idea she was in it. Same thing happened in a TFA viewing. Don't underestimate how big of a deal she is to a general audience.

watching this all star game interview.

"What kind of differences do you bring from an English Superman?" what kind of question is that lmao. Feel bad for Henry.

Ben Affleck looks like he overdid it with the botox, I hope it isn't like that in the movies, didn't look like it in the chinese trailer intro though.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Disappointingly they did not play the new BvS or SS trailer before my showing of Deadpool in IMAX. They showed the doomsday trailer instead which was a bummer, but WW at the end of the trailer made the crowd gasp. Pretty fucking awesome to hear people freak out who had no idea she was in it. Same thing happened in a TFA viewing. Don't underestimate how big of a deal she is to a general audience.
That trailer was made for the GA, not the hardcore comic book nerds that follow every single news about movies.

IconGrist

Batman-on-Film is saying that WB is concerned for Batman v Superman. Not because of its quality. But that the GA is used to the Marvel "popcorn" style of CBM movies and BvS may be "too smart". As in you can't just turn your brain off and enjoy it.

Sounds as equally ridiculous to me as the HitFix reasoning.

strafer

Batman-on-Film is saying that WB is concerned for Batman v Superman. Not because of its quality. But that the GA is used to the Marvel "popcorn" style of CBM movies and BvS may be "too smart". As in you can't just turn your brain off and enjoy it.

Yes. I'm expecting some interstellar type shit with this movie.

Better bring my A-game brain.

Sigh

IconGrist

Yes. I'm expecting some interstellar type shit with this movie.

Better bring my A-game brain.

Sigh

In reality I'm betting the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Batman v Superman is just a good movie that may not be as "fun" as Marvel's movies but doesn't take itself as seriously as Man of Steel did either.

IconGrist

I can tell you right now that they have the casting locked and loaded to be revealed, they're just waiting for BvS to be released and the response afterwards, then they'll blow the whole thing wide open.

There will be so much news we're going to beg for no more.

Speak for yourself. I want all of it as often as they are willing to give it.

For the record, I want Javier Bardem as Darkseid. This year's all Justice League focused Hall H will be something to behold

Nah. I bet it has the same presence as BvS in 2014. We'll get a quick clip, but 2017 Comic Com will be the coming out party since the film releases that November. Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad will be the focus this year.

Can you guys recommend me a good Darkseid graphic novel ?

If he is in Kingdom Come, please don't recommend me that. I know nothing about it and I wanna go blind. (Also don't answer the question if he is in it or not ^^)

ryan299

I can see them casting Darkseid in secret, but GL and Shazam we would have heard about. Don't think they could keep those two under wrap.

If he is in Kingdom Come, please don't recommend me that. I know nothing about it and I wanna go blind. (Also don't answer the question if he is in it or not ^^)
Hmm... I don't know of any he takes a major role in. Maybe try Seven Soldiers of Victory or Final Crisis? He's in both of them (though he's not the focus of the former), but I wouldn't really call them graphic novels, the former's the world's weirdest miniseries and the latter is an event. They're both very much AP Comics material tho, so bring your A-brain.

Hmm... I don't know of any he takes a major role in. Maybe try Seven Soldiers of Victory or Final Crisis? He's in both of them (though he's not the focus of the former), but I wouldn't really call them graphic novels, the former's the world's weirdest miniseries and the latter is an event. They're both very much AP Comics material tho, so bring your A-brain.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice |OT| Bring Your A-Brain

I think I got Final Crisis on my wishlist. I just want graphic novels because I like having one story in one book, completed.

a916

So either the movie is going to get way better after repeat viewings and is really deep and thought provoking... or it's going to get criticized to death and nitpicked because it aimed at being serious.

If you can handle the old fashioned approach to dialogue the LoSH story The Great Darkness Saga is awesome. or Morrison's JLA Rock of Ages. or Final Crisis. or Cosmic Odyssey etc.or Twilight 2 parter from Justice Leauge series. Walt Simonson's Orion.

Edit: Ahem, after Poodlestrike's ohyou.gif inducing endorsement I feel maybe I'd be better suited to giving some info on each.

1. The Great Darkness Saga

Don't need to know much/anything about Legion of Superheroes but it's a great story about Darkseid and his planning and manipulations from behind the scenes. It has some cool Darkseid moments and there's not really any twist about it now but it's quite easy to guess anyway. I actually don't mind it when he fights but it needs to be "worthy" but anyhoo...

2. Morrison's JLA Rock of Ages

Dystopian/post apocalyptic future where Darkseid has conquered the Earth and the JLA must stop him. Since it's a psuedo-alternate universe there can some finality to people's fates and its just a really solid story with some great moments (I love Darkseid's introduction, as Glorious Godfrey acts as orator for Earth) and is well worth it.

3. Final Crisis

It's confusing but I love it. It's a pretty dense event book (compared to how blockbuster-y some events are) but it has one of my favorite Darkseid speeches in the "I. Am. The. New. God" (spoilers) and is much more about Darkseid as a concept rather than a physical entity, or at least that's how I interpreted some of it. It has some cool pieces and opens with a helluva event-worthy hook.I'd highly recommend Geoff Johns' Legion of Three Worlds 3 issue companion series but it has nothing to do with Darkseid or the main event iirc, it's super Superboy Prime, fanboy incarnate, wrecking the far future, being an idiot, and trolling the DC message boards.

4. Twilight 2 Parter (JL Series)

One of my favorite Darkseid stories, not because anything particularly new happens but it has Darkseid doing his planning and manipulation thing and also includes a throw-down (spoilers) between Darkseid and people who are worthy matches for him at least...and the music and direction of the fights are awesome, for me at least. The animated series was so good.

5. Walt Simonson's Orion

Less about Darkseid himself but still firmly entrenched in his family and the New Gods. Not a graphic novel per se (the Omnibus is about 500 pages but about £30) but it's got nice art, good stories and is just great comics, imo.

GeeTeeCee

Just saw Deadpool (fantastic film, massively surpassed my already lofty expectations) and the newest BvS trailer was attached. That fight scene is even better on a big screen. No Suicide Squad trailer sadly.

If you can handle the old fashioned approach to dialogue the LoSH story The Great Darkness Saga is awesome. or Morrison's JLA Rock of Ages. or Final Crisis. or Cosmic Odyssey etc.or Twilight 2 parter from Justice Leauge series. Walt Simonson's Orion.

You should probably listen to this guy, I suspect he knows what he's talking about.

Just saw Deadpool (fantastic film, massively surpassed my already lofty expectations) and the newest BvS trailer was attached. That fight scene is even better on a big screen. No Suicide Squad trailer sadly.

Man, all I had in front of my screening was a trailer for Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and a bunch of local stuff :/

That does look like a fun movie tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom