• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan299

She thought she was auditioning for Selina, but WB didn't (?) tell her it was for Wondy until later.

(Funny story, Anne Hathaway apparently thought she was auditioning for Harley Quinn in TDKR.)

Nobody really knew it was WW. Every site kept saying it was for Bruce's love interest. Then when they found out about WW, they kept saying Gal was up for the love interest and WB was looking at others for WW. It was like the day before the official announcement that the reporters realized the role was WW

This Is My World is a nice somber take on
If You Love These People
. Spoiler tag is me being cautious. The implication of the Men Are Still Good sample is very cool.

5 actresses auditioned. Only those 3 were ever named and besides the confirmation of Gadot who got the role the rest were never confirmed to my knowledge. It's all basically a bunch of he said she said so pinpointing a source may prove fruitless. The only real "truth" we have is that it keeps getting brought up. Much like this latest interview with Jaime where she could have have just denied it.

EDIT: I know someone pieced together these scenes before but here is an interesting take on how the fight between Batman and Superman may go down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS5HhX3xNJ4

I recall Olga Kurylenko talking openly about it. Late 2013 rumors turned out quite accurate. Richard Armitage and Josh Brolin were tossed around for Batman. Ezra Miller's name came up for Nightwing, which half hit the mark.

I'm surprised no one has made a thread about those samples in OT

and yet, I'm not that surprised :p

I thought about it, but some of the samples sound like they were picked out of basically the middle of the track with no thought for being representative and frankly I didn't want to read the "lol this sucks why is it so quiet" posts.

A couple of those tracks surprised the hell out of me. I wasn't expecting "Tuesday" to sound so fucking heavy, nor did I think "Day of the Dead" would have Supes' MoS theme (and so prominently).

I liked a bunch of them, with "Red Capes" being the stand-out of the group. I noticed that "Problem Up Here" had a bit of Red Capes in it, which was pretty cool.

SArcher

Banned
Considering that Bruce is pretty jaded and cynical in the trailer and yet the Batman suite is titled "Men Are Still Good" it appears that Superman and Wonder Woman give him hope again by the time the credits roll.

kmfdmpig

I feel like the SATs could use her comments as the basis for a question.
Sif is to Wonder Woman as:
Wichita, Kansas is to Tokyo
a day old $1 burger is to filet mignon
The Sacramento Kings are to the Golden State Warriors
a Ouya is to a PS4

strafer

Seems like Amazon has posted samples of the entire score

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BORWRP8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

giphy.gif

Considering that Bruce is pretty jaded and cynical in the trailer and yet the Batman suite is titled "Men Are Still Good" it appears that Superman and Wonder Woman give him hope again by the time the credits roll.

I expect that Supes gives him hope by beating the crap out of him.

Penguin

Hopefully it will be better than the all-star game (super awkward) and good morning america stuff. Doesn't seem like they can talk about much other than their experience working on the movies. We need something more geek oriented :p.

If nothing else, I'd think it would be more fun with Kimmel and Affleck's history... I mean they were/are boning!

iosefe

so in the trailer when Superman says "the bat is Dead, Bury it," does anyone else think he sounds similar to Kevin Conroy Batman

ryan299

yeah the late night shows are the best format for interviews. Much more laid back. Conan is still my favorite interviewer though, I really wish he'd have those two on.

I love when Bruce Timm went on the show.
If they have a talk show host in the movies, I want to see Conan. Maybe even as Godfrey :p.

Conan will probably have the whole cast on. He seems to do that when theres a "big event". Did it with Breaking Bad and recently Episode 7.

Penguin

Okay the end of both of those was very very good.

Also, we get to hear more of The Red Capes are Coming, may be the best bit of music so far

Ahasverus

The climax for superman's is so bone chilling and good. I can see him doing some heroic shit to that.
I actually think the theme is not heroic in the fanfare sense, it's heroic because it feels sorrowful, like you can feel the weight of the world on his shoulders, but it stills reflects the strength and spirit of Superman. Amazing IMO, but doesn't inspire much good prospects about Supes in the film, I'd say he's getting beaten to the ground in all senses.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what you guys see (hear?) in those themes, but I find them so boring and non memorable. Elfman's/Walkers Batman theme will always be the Batman theme to me. Reeve Superman movie theme and even Superman TAS theme just "pop" Superman to me. Even Dark Knight's Batman theme had some sort of catchy hook that you could hum or sorta sing and people knew what you were talking about. I just get nothing from these themes like that. Maybe I need to hear them in context with what's happening in the film?

Ahasverus

I don't know what you guys see (hear?) in those themes, but I find them so boring and non memorable. Elfman's/Walkers Batman theme will always be the Batman theme to me. Reeve Superman movie theme and even Superman TAS theme just "pop" Superman to me. Even Dark Knight's Batman theme had some sort of catchy hook that you could hum or sorta sing and people knew what you were talking about. I just get nothing from these themes like that. Maybe I need to hear them in context with what's happening in the film?
You are just accostumed to that type of music, it's ok. It's the same than when the Castlevania Lords of Shadow won all the awards and the old fans were saying it was a bunch of ambience music compared to the super melodic music of the past. This music is not meant to be, well, standalone music, but it needs to set up a mood (that's the modern paradigm for films soundtrack).. HOWEVER I find lots of melody, especially in Superman's theme. It brings out so many emotions IMO. Bats theme is a bit less polished, as all the melodic lemotifs are hidden beneath the BRAMM BRAMMM, but I'd say the ending is pretty gothic and chilling.

I actually think the theme is not heroic in the fanfare sense, it's heroic because it feels sorrowful, like you can feel the weight of the world on his shoulders, but it stills reflects the strength and spirit of Superman. Amazing IMO, but doesn't inspire much good prospects about Supes in the film, I'd say he's getting beaten to the ground in all senses.

I think he'll take a few punches in the fight, but I think Terrio is smart enough to know he needs to establish why the world needs a Superman, or basically to prove Batman wrong.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
You are just accostumed to that type of music, it's ok. It's the same than when the Castlevania Lords of Shadow won all the awards and the old fans were saying it was a bunch of ambience music compared to the super melodic music of the past. This music is not meant to be, well, standalone music, but it needs to set up a mood (that's the modern paradigm for films soundtrack).. HOWEVER I find lots of melody, especially in Superman's theme. It brings out so many emotions IMO. Bats theme is a bit less polished, as all the melodic lemotifs are hidden beneath the BRAMM BRAMMM, but I'd say the ending is pretty gothic and chilling.
I agree. I think I'm just not a soundtrack guy. The only "soundtrack" music I own are all the Batman: TAS volumes. It always kinda fascinates me when I see people go crazy or deep dive into soundtrack music for movies and TV shows. I hardly even notice it playing (which is good I guess? That means it's not annoying me to the point where I actually notice it).

I'm with you. None of the samples have really done anything for me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom