• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
Alfred poster? Kind of cool...

Hah, you just know that the marketing team had a few different options for what logo to use for him and then ended up choosing the obvious but boring choice with a symbol for the Waynes. I want to see those other proposed Alfred logos :p

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What is strange to me is that right in the intial story he states that Affleck is a bright spot. What would WB be scared about if the bright spot of their movie is freakin Batman?! Batman gets butts in the seats. No question.

I still don't know who any of these people you guys keep bringing up are. Or why anything they say matters. Me, I just wanna watch the movie already...where's a good ol' time/cryogenic sleep machine when you need it? :(

Anyway, here's an awesome Batmobile from Mezco: http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/13/toy-fair-2016-mezco-batman-v-superman-one12-batmobile-194036

It should fit 6" figures. I'm expecting it to be pretty pricey considering how much their figures cost ($75), though. But it sure looks a hell of a lot better than the Mattel one I got...which, admittedly, was designed for kids and was only $25.

Just saw this on twitter.
CbizzcuUYAEgmMa.jpg:orig

Nice. I want those. I saw the Superman one up at the theater I saw Deadpool at last week.

My desktop's wallpaper is an edit of the trinity from those posters that I made.

Batman gets butts in the seats. No question.

They certainly have my butt.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm re-reading the New52 Justice League vol. 1, and this Superman is vicious. Just straight up rammed Batman to a wall, and wrecked GL.

I also dislike this version WW in this book so much, hopefully Gadot's WW is much better than this. Making her and Superman an item cheapens her character, hopefully none of that nonsense in the DCEU, Snyder pls.

Effect

I'm re-reading the New52 Justice League vol. 1, and this Superman is vicious. Just straight up rammed Batman to a wall, and wrecked GL.

I also dislike this version WW in this book so much, hopefully Gadot's WW is much better than this. Making her and Superman an item cheapens her character, hopefully none of that nonsense in the DCEU, Snyder pls.

They've ended it in the comics I believe so we might not be getting that thankfully. I hope they know people overall didn't care for it. While I do like the Batman/Wonder Woman pairing I don't want that either but that's always made more sense to me. I guess because it's similar to the Steve Trevor pairing. My biggest problem is they pulled the same crap Marvel did with breaking up Peter and MJ for no reason. Having Clark and Lois together was never a problem and I honestly believe never a problem for readers. I don't mind if they pair Clark with someone else but don't have it be Wonder Woman of all people. It's a clear move that shows she can't stand on her own and she can.

She's not an item with Supes in vol. 1. I don't think they hook up until... 4?

Error

She's not an item with Supes in vol. 1. I don't think they hook up until... 4?
Nah they become a couple by vol 2. I've read up to the Darkseid Wars.

They've ended it in the comics I believe so we might not be getting that thankfully. I hope they know people overall didn't care for it. While I do like the Batman/Wonder Woman pairing I don't want that either but that's always made more sense to me. I guess because it's similar to the Steve Trevor pairing. My biggest problem is they pulled the same crap Marvel did with breaking up Peter and MJ for no reason. Having Clark and Lois together was never a problem and I honestly believe never a problem for readers. I don't mind if they pair Clark with someone else but don't have it be Wonder Woman of all people. It's a clear move that shows she can't stand on her own and she can.
Clark and Lois work for a reason, she grounds the character. She is part of his connection to humanity and Earth, it's not the same without her.

ryan299

This one is a doozy that I found funny. A member on SHH, has a family member that is working with Jonathan Nolan on a new WB show and Nolan told the family member, who then told the SHH member, the whole plot.

You can't make this shit up.

So the current rumor is tickets go on sale February 29th at 8 EST. The source is the same dude on iMDB ("projectorman") who dropped the most recent trailer synopsis.

Grain of salt and all that. It would make sense seeing as Cavill, Affleck, and Eisenberg are all on Kimmel's post-Oscar show the night before.

Error

So I finished re-reading the JL vol 1 new52 trade, and this is probably what they'll do for JL Part 1. The fact that they are showing parademons already, makes me think they are probably adapting this story, though I expect some big changes.

I wonder if this is the Cyborg origin they are going to use.

And I started reading Snyder's run of Batman, currently midway through volume 1. The writting and art are amazing. Really impressed.

I have so much stuff on my comixology account. I buy a bunch of trades then forget to read them, I now I read the first two volumes of John's New 52 Aquaman. Also have some Marvel stuff, Hawkeye and Thor mainly bought those on a sale a while ago.

Jason Aaron's Thor God of thunder book is so good. Especially the God butcher one

He just went full viking God with that one. And yeah Snyder's batman run is great. Peaks with that court of owls tho

BadAss2961

So I finished re-reading the JL vol 1 new52 trade, and this is probably what they'll do for JL Part 1. The fact that they are showing parademons already, makes me think they are probably adapting this story, though I expect some big changes.

I wonder if this is the Cyborg origin they are going to use.
Probably.

Would be cool if they could went after his more detailed origin, or at least parts of it. But I doubt it.

ryan299

Frosty at collider said he keeps hearing the movie is great and he doesn't think wb is worried. Said "it's just people writing stories".

BvS gate rages on

Penguin

A positive article, but also a fascinating one actually

Relax, Fans: 'Batman V Superman' Won't Flop, Despite Rumors

"...$300 million in total home entertainment sales and rentals around the world. Audiences gave it a Cinemascore of “A-”, which is pretty good and which helps account for the healthy home entertainment numbers despite its somewhat misleading reputation as a film rejected by a lot of viewers. The truth is, yes the film had mixed reactions and yes it had some flaws, but also yes it was overall popular with most audiences, and yes it made a healthy amount at the box office and on home entertainment."

I sometimes think this gets lost in the shuffle when discussing MoS. It is very divisive online, but it did have a pretty sizable audience of people who enjoyed it or heard good enough things about it that they checked it out when it came out.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So, we haven't heard anything from Wonder Woman's theme, have we? Is it not in the OST? Keeping it a secret?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
People are speculating that "IS She With You?" is partially her theme

I thought it was the Batman theme and then the Superman theme also kicks in.

Maybe that guitar part? Dunno, would be nice if they just released her theme so we could properly judge it. Doubt it's going to beat Supes theme though, Batman is going to win the fight but Supes has hands down the best theme.

Rooster12

I have so much stuff on my comixology account. I buy a bunch of trades then forget to read them, I now I read the first two volumes of John's New 52 Aquaman. Also have some Marvel stuff, Hawkeye and Thor mainly bought those on a sale a while ago.

Throne of Atlantis is still the best New 52 JL story...that was Johns at his best

This one is a doozy that I found funny. A member on SHH, has a family member that is working with Jonathan Nolan on a new WB show and Nolan told the family member, who then told the SHH member, the whole plot.

You can't make this shit up.

Frosty at collider said he keeps hearing the movie is great and he doesn't think wb is worried. Said "it's just people writing stories".

BvS gate rages on

Links?

I'll be surprised if Superman/WW is a thing.

In kinda related news, DC announced Rebirth in the most vague terms possible. It is interesting that suicide squad launches the same month as the movie.

I dunno if it will be a good jumping on point for fans of the movie, Geoff Johns basically said it was for comic book fans in the nicest way possible. But, I think all of their books will reflect the movies in some way. Superman/Lois will probably be in the cards.

JdFoX187

Banned
A positive article, but also a fascinating one actually

Relax, Fans: 'Batman V Superman' Won't Flop, Despite Rumors

There's some major ass pulling going on in that "article," but I agree with him -- in principle. Barring a complete and utter failure of crafting anything that resembles an entertaining production, BvS will make bank and probably flirt with -- if not cross -- $1B. I'd wager it'll do that based on hype and precedence alone since this is the first time three of the four biggest comic book heroes of all time are on the same screen. But what will be interesting is, once the hype dies down and the naysayers get tired of shouting from the rooftops, how well the public will accept it. If it garners yet another vocally divisive Man of Steel reaction, I could see Warner Bros. taking a look at some things. Otherwise, with the money it will almost definitely make, it's hard to see anything tremendously changing. They're too far down the rabbit hole to completely overhaul their plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom