• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you go by people that don't like MoS it's been over 30 years since the last good Superman movie.

that's subjective. man of steel had comparable reviews to the thor movies (and all of 3 of them were received worse than superman returns)

and black hat has a metacritic rating of low 30s (lmao) and i think it's better than every superhero movie not named spiderman 2.

if a 'bad' movie has some merit to it then it will get appreciated years down the line. if it's just shit then it's shit. i dunno where man of steel lies on this spectrum. that third act got really tired with the explosions and cgi crap but i think what they were trying to do with clark with the flashbacks was great. and frankly i think the johnathan kent stuff was well done, should have killed him another way though lol.

IconGrist

I refuse to acknowledge Superman Returns. The disappointment I felt my first time seeing it (which was a bootleg copy I bought while deployed) will haunt me the rest of my days.

i don't like that movie much either but kevin spacey was a really good lex luthor and i still go back to youtube sometimes to watch a couple scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xiwISrp1H4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIMbqMmkZCI

the end of the second scene is something snyder could learn from. that shot of superman rescuing the shuttle craft looks dour as hell in batman v superman trailer for some reason. i get less a heroic feat and more just a showy image. maybe it will play out better in the actual movie.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Jaimie Alexander so salty now.

Not at all. I’m excited to see what she’s going to do with the role. I was one of a few people that were an obvious choice for Wonder Woman, but it was never going to happen. I’m contracted with Marvel and it would (be) strange. Sif, in her way, is Marvel’s Wonder Woman. They’re both ethereal and have armor and a sword, and have special abilities; the physicality of the role is very similar. The thing I really enjoy about Marvel is that they start with a character first and all the explosions and costumes, the glitz and glam, are secondary to who the actual character is deep down. That’s something I haven’t really been able to find with DC Comics.

I’m a huge comic book fan, and I’ve read a lot from all different comic book outlets. I enjoy Marvel, and I’m not just saying that because I’m in the “Thor” films. I gravitate towards the Marvel characters. Of course, growing up I really loved Linda Carter as Wonder Woman; there will never be a better Wonder Woman.

http://variety.com/2016/film/featur...r-lady-sif-blindspot-wonder-woman-1201707282/

The thing I really enjoy about Marvel is that they start with a character first and all the explosions and costumes, the glitz and glam, are secondary to who the actual character is deep down. That’s something I haven’t really been able to find with DC Comics.

lmao she mad for sure.

Ahasverus

Sif, in her way, is Marvel’s Wonder Woman
I was one of a few people that were an obvious choice for Wonder Woman,
they start with a character first and all the explosions and costumes, the glitz and glam, are secondary to who the actual character is deep down..
That’s something I haven’t really been able to find with DC Comics
980.gif

IconGrist

She's been featured in the MCU for like a total of, what, 18 minutes or so? What the hell is she on about? Wondy has her own movie.

Penguin

You guys what is Batman v Superman turns out to be Batman and Robin 2... damnit why am I giving away primo site articles for free!

IconGrist

I really would like to know if John Campea fucked her out of being Wonder Woman by opening his mouth.

Considering how much vile he spits at Gadot at every opportunity I am like 95% positive. Considering the build up of something she told him that was "huge" and then couldn't keep his mouth shut I don't doubt for a second Marvel brought the thunder. She's been in talks for Wondy ever since Whedon had turned in a script.

Considering how much vile he spits at Gadot at every opportunity I am like 95% positive. Considering the build up of something she told him that was "huge" and then couldn't keep his mouth shut I don't doubt for a second Marvel brought the thunder. She's been in talks for Wondy ever since Whedon had turned in a script.

I understand where the salt comes from though. Granted, she probably shouldn't have said anything, but to have a role like that disappear over night because some guy on the internet couldn't keep his mouth shut? I'd be salty as hell too.

IconGrist

I understand where the salt comes from though. Granted, she probably shouldn't have said anything, but to have a role like that disappear over night because some guy on the internet couldn't keep his mouth shut? I'd be salty as hell too.

I don't blame her for being salty but throwing DC under the bus because some guy unrelated to them fucked up your big shot is poor form. And to be clear, I'm not saying her opinion of DC is invalid. Just that it was weird to even bring them up the way she did. No one asked her what she thought of DC Comics.

Effect

I really would like to know if John Campea fucked her out of being Wonder Woman by opening his mouth.

Yeah. Unless someone 100% confirms it we can only look at the actions of people and how they've talked and acted makes me believe Campea really did play a part in her losing the part. Granted if she was up for the part she never should have opened her mouth as well so she's partly to blame as well. There was always something strange about Campea's hate on Gal Gadot from the very start and it made more sense when I was reminded of the talk about how Jamie Alexander was being considered and how Campea talking about it might have ruined her chances. After that I don't think he's ever mentioned her name on air again or talk about how he knows her.

I can understand her wanting to talk up her role but she might want to be careful about how she does it. If anything I would hope she's upset about how little she's used in Marvel films. I'm glad she was able to get a show and it's been renewed for a second season but don't go tossing other companies under the bus because you likely lost a role to your own actions and actions of people you thought you could trust.

shingi70

Banned
It has to suck going from a bit role to grasping being a major character in a Hollywood blockbuster.

I like Jamie Alexander but shes probably just going to be a TV and side character from now on.

Effect

What he say?

This is a actually decent write up of what happen. It wasn't a single event but something that happen over a little bit of time. I remember watching this happen as well. Some of it is pretty ugly.

The beginning part is the writer talking about the people on what was previously known as AMC Movie Talk (now Collider Movie Talk). Just who they are and were. That can largely be skipped if you are already familiar with the show.. Just search for Stan Lee’s Comikaze Expo on the page. That's the start about the Jamie Alexander situation leading up to Gal Gadot's announcement of being Wonder Woman and how Campea responded to it. There are also linked sections of the episodes that are up on youtube showing how he acted, along with twitter/facebook comments from him as well in the write up.

I don't blame her for being salty but throwing DC under the bus because some guy unrelated to them fucked up your big shot is poor form. And to be clear, I'm not saying her opinion of DC is invalid. Just that it was weird to even bring them up the way she did. No one asked her what she thought of DC Comics.

IF it was true, I'd feel ill will towards WB and DC too. How many other stars are rumored for something or how many of them, or their agents, float rumors to get traction or force a studio's hand? However, it appears she was punished for it while a lot of others have seemingly gotten away with it.

All around shitty situation if true and I understand both sides.

shingi70

Banned
IF it was true, I'd feel ill will towards WB and DC too. How many other stars are rumored for something or how many of them, or their agents, float rumors to get traction or force a studio's hand? However, it appears she was punished for it while a lot of others have seemingly gotten away with it.

A big difference is most other leaks are either highly established Stars or Stars that Hollywood is giving a clear push to make happen.

Alexander was neither and the role of Wonder Woman would have made her career.

IconGrist

WB would have had everything to gain from casting her. I doubt Campea opening his mouth made them pull out. It was more likely Marvel caught wind of it and they ultimately stopped it. Jaime obviously would have been taking advantage of some possible loophole in her contract and Marvel locked it up. It's not like she was guaranteed the role so she might have got scared and stayed where she knew she had work.

I mean it's all speculation at this point but that seems like the most logical explanation.

Maddocks

WB could also have viewed it as sensitive information and she kinda was the first to blurt something out and then he made a bigger deal about it when she might have wanted it more quiet and one thing leads to another and WB doesn't see her as someone who honors agreements and bing bang, shes labeled untrustworthy and pulled.

Chances are that Marvel was hey, we have these contracts you signed and while it is great that they are offering this but 8 films = 8 films and you can't be a major player in their world and a semi major one in ours.

All I know is that she can be Marvels wonder woman on agents of shield, because that is where she gets most of her screen time.

Of course, there is one possibility that explains everything we've seen pretty nicely:

She and Gadot both auditioned, and Gadot got picked.

Hmmmmmm?

Penguin

Also confirms the "Is She With You" leak as being legit.

This is my World is good too

Sounds like will be a good score from the samples.

BadAss2961

Sif, in her way, is Marvel’s Wonder Woman
I was one of a few people that were an obvious choice for Wonder Woman,
they start with a character first and all the explosions and costumes, the glitz and glam, are secondary to who the actual character is deep down..
That’s something I haven’t really been able to find with DC Comics
I2h7fgj.gif

Just imagine the thread if someone with a small role in BvS missed out on some big Marvel gig and spoke out like this.

Bleepey

Source?

These Jamie Alexander rumors, was there a second source? Difficult to buy into when her name was never mentioned alongside Gadot, Olga Kurylenko, or Elodie Yung. Among them you can form a picture of the Wonder Woman type they had while casting. I wouldn't say Alexander fits that type.

IconGrist

These Jamie Alexander rumors, was there a second source? Difficult to buy into when her name was never mentioned alongside Gadot, Olga Kurylenko, or Elodie Yung. Among them you can form a picture of the Wonder Woman type they had while casting. I wouldn't say Alexander fits that type.

5 actresses auditioned. Only those 3 were ever named and besides the confirmation of Gadot who got the role the rest were never confirmed to my knowledge. It's all basically a bunch of he said she said so pinpointing a source may prove fruitless. The only real "truth" we have is that it keeps getting brought up. Much like this latest interview with Jaime where she could have have just denied it.

EDIT: I know someone pieced together these scenes before but here is an interesting take on how the fight between Batman and Superman may go down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS5HhX3xNJ4

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It seems they are taking the Batman Earth One/Gotham route with this Alfred. Interesting...

He is not actually a butler but a bodyguard of the Waynes, former SAS and know his shit about military stuff, and tech

I'm liking this interpretation of Alfred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom