• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
when they did the CW Dawn of Justice thing, they made it sound like GL wasn't going to be in JL1.

So I'm not surprised he is not there.

The black suit is probably Black Manta's

IconGrist

I'm thinking that black suit is Manta. If we get live action Manta with his big dumb head Snyder will solidify himself as the greatest of all time.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's what I feared. Dude looks tired, wasn't he pretty buff at SDCC? Can't imagine what two JL movies will do to him. Whedon did two movies and locked himself up since. Snyder 4 movies when all is said and done and let's not forget he is producing a lot of these movies as well.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm thinking that black suit is Manta. If we get live action Manta with his big dumb head Snyder will solidify himself as the greatest of all time.

3426461-black+manta.jpg
badass af

2 other things: there's a rather Atlantean looking helmet just to the right of Aqua Momoa, and just to the right of that there's what certainly could be armor for Mera.

Think we're getting some Throne of Atlantis shenanigans for JL1.

2 other things: there's a rather Atlantean looking helmet just to the right of Aqua Momoa, and just to the right of that there's what certainly could be armor for Mera.

Think we're getting some Throne of Atlantis shenanigans for JL1.

That would be terrible, the entire league sans Batman gets jobbed to make Aquaman the Hero.

We're talking about the same clown who went on a tantrum with Hardy? Lol... this guy may be right about the rumors but he's a pretty crappy individual himself. This was the same guy who wrote a long long article about how he didn't deserve to be lynched... and then threw the a guy who stood up for him under the bus for no reason lol. He's also talking crap about the people that had the audacity (gasp!) to reach out to him on social media to show that he was wrong in his thinking... lol, this guy just keep fishing those L's.

Wow, just wow...

Holy shit, this guy... he's on his twitter calling anyone a sub-literate cretin who dared to message him and his byline and usage of nerd in a disparaging way. This is appalling... why are you crapping on the very crowd that you're from?

Two wrongs don't make a right, etc., but it's certainly not any worse than what the people he's responding to are calling him.

IconGrist

Two wrongs don't make a right, etc., but it's certainly not any worse than what the people he's responding to are calling him.

Your entire outlook on Drew fascinates me. Since he posted that video just about every insider called foul on it and today it basically came to a head and he's throwing a tantrum. Objectively speaking, it's not a good look for him.

Your entire outlook on Drew fascinates me. Since he posted that video just about every insider called foul on it and today it basically came to a head and he's throwing a tantrum. Objectively speaking, it's not a good look for him.

For what it's worth I've also heard mixed reaction on the film. So I totally buy Drew's initial piece. But I'll admit that he does get hotheaded and the way he's dealt with the blowback hasn't been great.

Ahasverus

For what it's worth I've also heard mixed reaction on the film. So I totally buy Drew's initial piece. But I'll admit that he does get hotheaded and the way he's dealt with the blowback hasn't been great.
Everybody's friend of a friend has seen the film. I call bullshit one anyone but Verendus and the specialized press.

Everybody's friend of a friend has seen the film. I call bullshit one anyone but Verendus and the specialized press.

My friend works at WB, but I totally get it, I have a hard time believing anyone I've read that says they've seen it too.

But I still believe Drew had talked to multiple people who've seen it and that they had mixed reactions. Man of Steel was divisive, BvS is a sequel to that and will most likely be just as divisive.

I defended the guy on his initial reporting. But, yes. His attitude is poor. I suppose you can pin it on the fans, but that doesn't excuse it.

Penguin

The problem for me was never the part about the mixed reception. I imagine this film will probably be better received than MoS since folks know what to expect, but still probably mixed.

Nor was it's Drew's report, but how everyone took that report and spun his speculation as him spreading rumors. And that's really what he is fighting. He's kind of caught in the middle of angsty fans and careless reporting.

That said, he has and continues to do himself no favors with the way he is handling this situation on Twitter and the sort.

Effect

Snyder looks like he's 70

Dude has to be stressed to hell and back. BvS is about to come out, working on pre-production on Justice League, etc. He needs to get some sleep. That or Moma is just much bigger that he makes Snyder look that small. Maybe a combination of both.

That's a great picture though. I'm hoping that's a Black Manta suit. If it is that's one step closer to get Aqualad/Kaldur into live action.

Boke1879

I feel this movie will be received like most comic film adaptions. Some people just want to see this movie finally made, and as long as it's not total shit it'll be fine.

My friend works at WB, but I totally get it, I have a hard time believing anyone I've read that says they've seen it too.

But I still believe Drew had talked to multiple people who've seen it and that they had mixed reactions. Man of Steel was divisive, BvS is a sequel to that and will most likely be just as divisive.

That's pretty much what I expect. A portion of people will dislike the movie because it's still not tonally what they want, regardless of it's quality.

I'm still pleased this is the route they're going. At first I was concerned that it would be grounded, but the suicide squad trailer and the second BvS trailer showed me they were going all in, but still not camp.

This is the dc comics I love, where the stakes are real and the heroes are put through situations that test their morals & values, and they come out strong and resolute. There is no absolute safety net, the villains have an actual purpose.

Seeing the photo on a larger screen, if Aquaman indeed wears a full suit, it's neat how the engravings on it match his tattoos.

Another observation, the black armor and the female armor on the right appear to share designs.

Cyborg might be in there?

a916

Well, there definitely was too much positivity in this thread... lol

/s

Effect

That's pretty much what I expect. A portion of people will dislike the movie because it's still not tonally what they want, regardless of it's quality.

I think if he had structured his statement like this and provide more information on the impressions he's getting there wouldn't be this problem. There is no reason he couldn't have said stressed how people were feeling was separate from the quality of the film but due to their personal taste. I think he worded things the way he did because he knew this reaction would take place and it puts him in the spotlight and allows him to either play the victim or ride a high horse and call out others.

Never read into comic covers

Doubly so when it comes to variant themed covers

This. 9/10 cape covers have one guy beating the EVER LIVING SHIT out of the other, regardless of whether or not that actually happens.

Interestingly, it's usually the villain standing dominant over the hero. Food for thought.

Polarburr

Lol. It was just last night I talked about JL1 being based of Throne of Atlantis. Awesome. Anyway, let's say it is. Does Manta, or anyone within Atlantis actually pose a threat to Superman? The threat would have to be damn big for Superman to need friends.

Ahasverus

Lol. It was just last night I talked about JL1 being based of Throne of Atlantis. Awesome. Anyway, let's say it is. Does Manta, or anyone within Atlantis actually pose a threat to Superman? The threat would have to be damn big for Superman to need friends.
Not for superman, but for the world. A super flood will need lots of guys helping. That and maybe Black Adam could make some appareance? Maybe Ares too? I mean, he's interested in great wars. There is a lot of ways they could extend the conflict to a larger threat.

Arthur's a little bit stronger, faster, tougher, etc. than most Atlanteans, but they're all well above human, and they've got tech way beyond what the surface world has. Mano a mano, nah, but they've got numbers vs. Supes.

Now, Manta himself isn't really much of a threat to Superman in and of himself, but he's a clever bastard.

Polarburr

Not for superman, but for the world. A super flood will need lots of guys helping. That and maybe Black Adam could make some appareance? Maybe Ares too? I mean, he's interested in great wars. There is a lot of ways they could extend the conflict to a larger threat.

Hmmm. Which leads me to my next question. I wonder if JL will be based on one city or several? Would be cool if its a global threat.

Yeah I get how Superman can't save everyone, but at the end, they'll all need to fight that one big bad as a team. Curious to see who it is. Definitely not Adam. The Rock is booked this year. I think Ares is already gonna be in WW.

Arthur's a little bit stronger, faster, tougher, etc. than most Atlanteans, but they're all well above human, and they've got tech way beyond what the surface world has. Mano a mano, nah, but they've got numbers vs. Supes.

Now, Manta himself isn't really much of a threat to Superman in and of himself, but he's a clever bastard.

I hope they bring in not just Manta, but Aquamans brother. Whats his name? Orm? Those two plus atlantean soldiers would be enough I guess. Should be awesome.

Orm is better when he's not an outright villain, I feel. That whole "evil stepbrother steals the throne" thing is so played out. So he really shouldn't be working with Manta, whose whole schtick is hating Aquaman more than he likes breathing air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom