• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Wow Snyder looks frail. Must be tired out.

This was him a few months back.

COkqZMiUYAE51mS.jpg
these movies are killing him

Polarburr

I could be wrong, but the helmets just look so alike.

No JL wears this kind of helmet, and I'm pretty sure Parademons don't wear these too.

HDeq9uE.jpg

a916

I could be wrong, but the helmets just look so alike.

No JL wears this kind of helmet, and I'm pretty sure Parademons don't wear these too.

HDeq9uE.jpg

I hope it isn't a direct Throne of Atlantis because we JUST got that with the comics and we got that last year with DC Animation.... I'd like something new or a different spin.

30 days left, yes. fuck yes.

29 days. *Smug Euro*

But man, i´m so excited.

spoon.

Edit: Ehh, Zack will be fine, just a bad picture. There are 3 years between MoS and BvS. And BvS has finished actual filming over a year ago. I think the past 18 months have been purely post production lol. Also he´s a beast and a nerd, so he´ll power through it.

29 days. *Smug Euro*

But man, i´m so excited.

spoon.

Edit: Ehh, Zack will be fine, just a bad picture. There are 3 years between MoS and BvS. And BvS has finished actual filming over a year ago. I think the past 18 months have been purely post production lol. Also he´s a beast and a nerd, so he´ll power through it.
24th is 30 days away, I assume you live in germany like me?

strafer

Yeah guys, he was making a funny face...the guy is not tired..why would he...he's working on Justice League movie..it's like having sex.

a916

Needless to say, it was just confirmed that Batman V Superman presale tickets do go on sale Feb 29th.

So what are your predictions for this movie?

RT: 70-75%
BO: first weekend 175m, overall 1.2b

consensus: Great spectacle, with some good looking action scenes. Batfleck and GG kill it. But too many elements make it feel bloated, and not focused enough.

After all this negativity, a 70-75% would really nice. Anything in the 80s would be well above the main consensus prediction but yeah, hopefully it lands no less than the 70s.

Pros: Affleck performance, Eisenburgh, cinematography, score, fighting and special effects

Cons: Pacing, Superman underdeveloped (?, probably not the right word)

Overall: Improvement on Man of Steel, not as good as Dark Knight, is just good-great.

Error

consensus: Great spectacle, with some good looking action scenes. Batfleck and GG kill it. But too many elements make it feel bloated, and not focused enough.

Tabby

RT: 65-75%
BO: Overall 1.1b

Great action scenes, pretty cinematography and great performances from Lex and Affleck.
Plot feels disjointed and unfocused with last 1/3 feeling like it's shoehorned in to make way for Justice League.

RT: 65-85%
BO: Overall 1.4b

Impressions extremely mixed. Movie is generally agreed to be good, but audiences are divided on whether or not this is what they want from DC/superhero movies in general. Critics' abilities' to move past that determines RT score.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
60-65%
1.3b

I'd take that.

GAF prediction:

1%
Snyder has to pay back everything.

guek

Banned

RT: 68%
BO: $145M OW $360M DOM $950M WW

Consensus: Bombastic action with appropriately epic scope, audiences will be thrilled at this solid, though slightly tedious, start of the Justice League

RT: 68%
BO: $145M OW $360M DOM $950M WW

Consensus: Bombastic action with appropriately epic scope, audiences will be thrilled at this solid, though slightly tedious, start of the Justice League

No way this thing's getting less than 1b WW.

People keep underselling the novelty factor. Sure, the Avengers are a big deal, but c'mon. It's Batman and Superman in one movie!

IconGrist

RT Critics: 60%-65%
RT Audience: 75%-80%
Metacritic: 70-75
B.O. WW: $1.2 billion

General consensus: Epic adventure with standout performances from Affleck, Eisenberg and Gadot. Not quite as inviting as Marvel's brand of comic book movie but will satisfy the itch. Leaves you with a hunger for Suicide Squad and what else WB is cooking up for this universe.

Just a heads up so your blood doesn't boil.

One site has written an article using the Batman for Baz campaign failure to criticize WB/DC. To the extent that its says they 'refused' to grant his wish.

Plus it ends with the line 'perhaps if he bought doritos' then Zack Snyder may have shown him the film.

Considering how the McWeeny thing took off, It wouldn't surprise me if it blows up

guek

Banned
No way this thing's getting less than 1b WW.

People keep underselling the novelty factor. Sure, the Avengers are a big deal, but c'mon. It's Batman and Superman in one movie!
You're likely right. I'm notoriously bad at these kinds of predictions. My guess is based on the notion that Deapool took some of the piss out of the immediate desire for a comicbook movie blockbuster but the opposite could just as easily be true. Like I said, I'm bad at these type of predictions.

Bleepey

Verdana or whatever your name is, I know you're under NDA so without spoiling anything or even giving your opinion, can you give your opinion on what you think of it's RT score will be?

One site has written an article using the Batman for Baz campaign failure to criticize WB/DC. To the extent that its says they 'refused' to grant his wish.

Plus it ends with the line 'perhaps if he bought doritos' then Zack Snyder may have shown him the film.

Considering how the McWeeny thing took off, It wouldn't surprise me if it blows up

Background please.

Error

What?

Penguin

Right so basically, Batman superman was suffering rare terminal form of cancer. People starte a campaign - similar to the Star Wars one, to get WB to show him the film early

It, unfortunately did not catch on - No new sites reported it and he recently passed away

Just kind of curious, this site shaming Warner Bros... did they have any actual coverage of his campaign before his death?

Right so basically, Batman superman was suffering rare terminal form of cancer. People starte a campaign - similar to the Star Wars one, to get WB to show him the film early

It, unfortunately did not catch on - No new sites reported it and he recently passed away

If I had to guess, it sounds like a kid with cancer was petitioning to the see the movie early like that guy did with Star Wars. WB said no and now there's a site ready to slam the movie/WB for their decision.

EDIT - Oh, it didn't catch on, not that WB refused? That's a bit different.

That's unfortunate. Was this openly reported? I can't say that I read about it before.

Which site was this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom